$700 Electronic License Plates

most viewed right now
34 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

8 months ago '08        #1
2541 page views
29 comments

thetfd 1502 heat pts1502
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 7597 7597
$700 Electronic License Plates

Lots of trends and technology come out of California; Apple, for example, makes a point of proudly proclaiming that its products are "Designed in California."

OpinionsElectronic license plates—a recent innovation developed and introduced in the Golden State—may also soon migrate across the country. A California pilot program uses e-plates developed by Bay Area-based Reviver Auto, and the state says it can save $20 million a year in postage alone by replacing metal plates.

Reviver Auto founder and CEO Neville Boston told The Drive that the company's plates are now legal in Texas, Florida, and Arizona, and he expects that within a year Pennsylvania, Nevada, Maryland, and Washington will also allow them. Reviver also plans to make e-plates available for sale via car dealerships in California.

E-plates use the same technology employed in eReaders—the display can be changed and drivers can even flash personal messages. A video from the company shows that in addition to digital registration renewal, its RPlate Pro can be changed to "cause" plates and flash emergency messages such as accidents ahead; future features include showing Amber Alerts and parking permits

visit this link https://www.pcmag.com/com .. m_medium=image

29 comments for "$700 Electronic License Plates"

8 months ago '15        #2
ManABigMan 
space
space
$1,463 | Props total: 3084 3084
That's actually really cool. Not $700 cool, though. But I guess price will go down as more and more people switch over.

8 months ago '04        #3
lilguru84 
space
space
$1,048 | Props total: 222 222
Dope idea!! But not for that price

8 months ago '16        #4
BobbiHeadRagTop 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,884 | Props total: 24447 24447
Hackers will have a field day

8 months ago '04        #5
nwking 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,150 | Props total: 5153 5153
I like the concept but another device with a battery. I am sure a lot of testing would be needed ton weather conditions. Also from a recycling standpoint the metal plates just make more sense

8 months ago '13        #6
King X Riece 
space
space
$3,484 | Props total: 7714 7714
$700 for a e-reader lmao

8 months ago '13        #7
Tribeb 5 heat pts
space
space
$613 | Props total: 1786 1786
This product wouldnt make it in my hood...too many crackheads they stealing dat shyt

Even the thieves that walk up on driveways to see if your car door is unlocked ..consider that shyt tooken

8 months ago '16        #8
Head Coach 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$800 | Props total: 2858 2858
Another tool to keep tracking us

8 months ago '12        #9
CaLis LEGACY 82 heat pts82
space
space
$2,861 | Props total: 2490 2490
 Head Coach said
This is gonna go over alot ot peoples head

8 months ago '15        #10
Bossdanazerite 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 135 135
Now I can beat the toll lol

8 months ago '15        #11
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,075 | Props total: 22769 22769
 Head Coach said
Wtf u think license plates are for in the first place?

8 months ago '16        #12
Head Coach 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Kden said
Your an idiot, it's plain as simple, fyi license plates aren't for tracking your every move

8 months ago '15        #13
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,075 | Props total: 22769 22769
 Head Coach said
Your an idiot, it's plain as simple, fyi license plates aren't for tracking your every move
You're an idiot*
Plain and simple*

And wow thank God they have digital license plates to track everyone, couldn't imagine they could do it through your car's GPS or your phone

8 months ago '04        #14
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,655 | Props total: 5393 5393
No thanks.

8 months ago '16        #15
Head Coach 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Kden said
You're an idiot*
Plain and simple*

And wow thank God they have digital license plates to track everyone, couldn't imagine they could do it through your car's GPS or your phone
All cars dont have gps
Cellphones you can turn off, leave at home smh not hard to understand.

8 months ago '16        #16
P Glizzy 
space
space
$1,605 | Props total: 7404 7404
Can I control the messages it displays though?

Like "bi*ch get off my tail"

or "peace n*ggas!"

[pic - click to view]

8 months ago '15        #17
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,174 | Props total: 27080 27080
I’ve always wanted to have something like this on my ride. So then when people bright me from behind I can tell them to fuk off.
Or if they drive slow in the left lane and I get around them I can give them the same message.

Now I just put a couple of those big bright as light bars on front and back and flash em quick if they need it.

7 months ago '06        #18
new2hiphop 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,547 | Props total: 30025 30025
 P Glizzy said
Can I control the messages it displays though?

Like "bi*ch get off my tail"

or "peace n*ggas!"

[pic - click to view]

DamianDragunov said
I’ve always wanted to have something like this on my ride. So then when people bright me from behind I can tell them to fuk off.
Or if they drive slow in the left lane and I get around them I can give them the same message.

Now I just put a couple of those big bright as light bars on front and back and flash em quick if they need it.
This is the only use for it
They would have to drop the price and make sure it's customizable.

It's gonna be over once ratchet woman get a hold of it,"BadBih4" just cut me off

7 months ago '17        #19
Lite 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,130 | Props total: 12536 12536
 Head Coach said
Well when they start making smart license plates for smart parking you gon be mad as fu*k

7 months ago '15        #20
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,109 | Props total: 17563 17563
 Kden said
No beef homie, but it’s not for tracking. Just identification, they can look for your plates car make and color but they can’t track it. Even doe the phone is tracking that don’t got nothing to do with police on a local state or fed level. These plates with a battery tied to the bmv, well that’s a bit different.

Even onstar cant track you if you gettin repo, you need warrants for that type of sh*t.

7 months ago '05        #21
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,225 | Props total: 10261 10261
 Head Coach said
Dude most new cars already have GPS built in, and this is optional, aint no one watching you.

7 months ago '17        #22
SkyHighNick305 
space
space
space
$170 | Props total: 280 280
 Bossdanazerite said
Now I can beat the toll lol
Thats what i was thinking too. But you'd definitely have to hack it. Or build a power switch to cut it on and off. They wouldn't let that fly out the box from the factory. In the video it even showed if your registration expires, it'll pop up as expired on the plate.

7 months ago '09        #23
Burg Boy 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,245 | Props total: 1040 1040
 thetfd said

[pic - click to view]

Lots of trends and technology come out of California; Apple, for example, makes a point of proudly proclaiming that its products are "Designed in California."

OpinionsElectronic license plates—a recent innovation developed and introduced in the Golden State—may also soon migrate across the country. A California pilot program uses e-plates developed by Bay Area-based Reviver Auto, and the state says it can save $20 million a year in postage alone by replacing metal plates.

Reviver Auto founder and CEO Neville Boston told The Drive that the company's plates are now legal in Texas, Florida, and Arizona, and he expects that within a year Pennsylvania, Nevada, Maryland, and Washington will also allow them. Reviver also plans to make e-plates available for sale via car dealerships in California.

E-plates use the same technology employed in eReaders—the display can be changed and drivers can even flash personal messages. A video from the company shows that in addition to digital registration renewal, its RPlate Pro can be changed to "cause" plates and flash emergency messages such as accidents ahead; future features include showing Amber Alerts and parking permits

soon, you will be able to squeeze some logos on there for some extra revenue.

....maybe even have a short 3 second ad show every now and then...

7 months ago '04        #24
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,659 | Props total: 1015 1015
$700 + $7 a month kind of making it even more ridiculous price wise for me. I also feel like cops will run my plates more than they already do for no good reason, just because of these new plates. They dont got nothing better to do now around here now.

It's cool but the features don't seem worth it personally for me. I'll have to see more practical uses first.

Also don't like how it's connected to the cloud and they said it could be sent messages to display accidents ahead, Amber alerts, etc. That's cool and all, but if it's not optional, I ain't feeling that too much, especially when I paid $700 and have to pay a monthly fee.

7 months ago '04        #25
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,218 | Props total: 4058 4058
Nah the state not taking my plates at will

Home      

most viewed right now
+254online now  30
The most slappable face of 2019 :popfoh:
401 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+93online now  27
Image(s) inside Yasmina 🍑😍
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-17online now  19
Video inside Cash me ousside’ girl signs $900K beauty contract, 2 years after infamo..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  17
Image(s) inside REDBONE/LIGHTSKIN BIh CUTE AF CUH! smh
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+51online now  15
Image(s) inside Joe Budden RESPONDS To FUTURE After Joe Deny Em A Interview "I Don't R..
177 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+69online now  15
ULTRAAAAAAAAA (old heads enter)
76 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+48online now  13
Video inside HBO Prison Movie O.G. Starring Jeffrey Wright