online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

May 24 - Obama: "I didn't have scandals" during my presidency

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

6 years ago '05        #1
4345 page views
0 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x75
Props total: 95204 95 K  Slaps total: 7697 7 K
May 24 - Obama: "I didn't have scandals" during my presidency

Former President Obama jokingly bragged about his administration at a tech conference in Las Vegas, saying he did not have scandals during his presidency.

"And there wasn't any malicious intent, which is why I didn't have scandals, which seems like it shouldn't be something you brag about," Obama joked at the conference hosted by identity security company Okta on Wednesday. "But actually, if you look at the history of the modern presidency, coming out of the modern presidency without anybody going to jail is really good. It's a big deal."

Obama also discussed his decisionmaking process during his administration, recalling how it was important for him to listen to advisers with differing views.
The former president said it was important to listen to opinions from "people who can argue all the sides."

"Part of the way I was able to ensure people were not telling me just what I want to hear was to deliberately reach outside the bubble of the obvious decisionmakers," he said.

Obama has bragged in the past that his administration did not have any major scandals.

"We didn't have a scandal that embarrassed us," the former president said earlier this year. "I know that seems like a low bar."

Republicans see things differently. They point to multiple controversies during Obama's time in office, including the "Fast and Furious" gunwalking operation, which allowed criminals to purchase guns in order to track them into Mexico, and the IRS scandal involving the agency's increase scrutiny of conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.

Obama's comments come as President Trump faces a slew of controversies, including the federal probe into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election and the hush-money payment his lawyer, Michael Cohen, made to an adult-film star.

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5121
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3318
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+4117
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋