online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Trevor Noah had a cameo in Black Panther that people are only just noticing

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

6 years ago '10        #1
5913 page views
0 comments

Flex Luger 
Props total: 59197 59 K  Slaps total: 3065 3 K
Trevor Noah had a cameo in Black Panther that people are only just noticing

Here’s something we’ve come to realize of late: There’s always a cameo. If you’re watching a modern big-budget movie, there’s a good chance that some A-lister is hiding on the fringes, whether it be Daniel Craig and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in The Last Jedi, Kevin Smith in The Force Awakens, Matt Damon in Thor: Ragnarok, or [REDACTED] in Deadpool 2. It appeared, however, that Marvel’s Black Panther was the exception to this rule until one Redditor took a closer look at the film’s closing credits and noticed Daily Show host Trevor Noah.

↪https://mobile.twitter.com/olympichero03/status/996611231883583488

If the name Griot doesn’t ring a bell, it’s because it wasn’t a character so much as a bit of technology. Noah’s soothing voice manifests as the AI of the Shuri-invented Wakandan ship piloted by Martin Freeman’s Everett Ross during the film’s final battle.

Noah’s cameo comes as something of a surprise when one considers that the South African host never once spoiled it during his several on-air discussions of the film. After its release, he praised the film in a monologue that found him giddy over its use of Xhosa, an official language of his native Johannesburg. “It was extra special for me because the people speak Xhosa in the movie,” he said at the time. “There were subtitles, and I was like, I don’t need your subtitles! I don’t need your subtitles! This is just for me right now! Nobody else listen! This reminds me of my mom.”

He also interviewed star Chadwick Boseman a few weeks later, during which he pointed out his love for how “Black Panther’s powers come not just from his suit, but his tradition.”

See Noah’s brief role in the film below, and gear yourself up for spotting wh0ever it is creeping in the bottom half of Solo’s credits.

YT

https://news.avclub.com/t .. 1826223867/amp

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+348
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+423
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+523
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish