online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

6 years ago '17        #1
15213 page views
0 comments

Enigmatic1 
Props total: 12485 12 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing

Jet Li is one of modern martial arts cinema’s greatest stars, thanks to his work in such hits as Once Upon a Time in China, Fist of Legend, Romeo Must Die, and Hero. However, the actor hasn’t appeared on U.S. screens since 2014’s The Expendables 3 — and a new report indicates the reason is his stunning and heartbreaking physical condition.

Li’s last role was in 2016’s League of Gods, a Chinese fantasy epic in which he boasted a bald head and long white beard as a hero plagued by a spell that forces him to age in reverse. Alas, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Li’s elderly appearance in that film wasn’t just the magic of makeup. During a recent visit to Tibet, a fan snapped a photo alongside Li, and had he not been identified by name, it’s unclear whether anyone would have recognized the international icon because he looks decades older than his 55 years.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

simón
@StxNaty
So, apparently, Jet Li is suffering from "hyperthyroidism and spinal problems" and this is him now ❤️😓:

4:50 PM - May 19, 2018
2,384 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Last month it was announced that Li would star as the Emperor in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of the studio’s animated hit Mulan. Yet, as he announced in 2013, he’s suffering from hyperthyroidism as well as heart and spinal conditions, which have largely forced him to retire from acting. At the time, he admitted, “I’m just a regular guy, I’m not Wong Fei Hung, I’m not Huo Yuan Jia [kung fu heroes he portrays on film], I’m not a hero. I’m just like you. … I’m in pain, but I’m not suffering. I’m happy.” In place of his movie work, Li has dedicated most of his time and energy over the past few years to his charity The One Foundation, which focuses on disaster relief and children’s welfare in his native China. And although he has yet to need a wheelchair — which he once said was a possibility because of his medical circumstances — the above photo has predictably sparked worldwide concern from fans about his health.

simón
@StxNaty
19 May
So, apparently, Jet Li is suffering from "hyperthyroidism and spinal problems" and this is him now ❤️😓: pic.twitter.com/Ss0W2EL96D

venom
@ratjunn
Im broken to see him like this 💔💔

4:54 AM - May 20, 2018
See venom's other Tweets

simón
@StxNaty
19 May
So, apparently, Jet Li is suffering from "hyperthyroidism and spinal problems" and this is him now ❤️😓: pic.twitter.com/Ss0W2EL96D

Plasmatico
@MJCow
If this is true, very sad news indeed.

9:10 AM - May 21, 2018
See Plasmatico's other Tweets

simón
@StxNaty
19 May

Dannie
@itz_dannie
This is Soo sad 😢

7:26 AM - May 20, 2018
See Dannie's other Tweets

simón
@StxNaty
19 May

♡♡
@nurjannahzain
Get well soon😔

5:34 AM - May 20, 2018
See ♡♡'s other Tweets

It’s a stunning tr@nsformation from even a few months ago, when Li appeared bald — but otherwise recognizable — in a 2018 New Year’s video on Facebook.

Yahoo

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+819
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
123 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-272
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props-172
Video inside (Evil is Tired of Hiding) Usher almost slips up and Thanks his Real God
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish