May 19 - 162 democrats in the house voted for the Blue Lives Matter Bill

most viewed right now
22 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '06        #1
3417 page views
113 comments

FullTimeHustla 72 heat pts72
space
space
space
$4,573 | Props total: 7362 7362
May 19 - 162 democrats in the house voted for the Blue Lives Matter Bill

Keith ellison voted for it as well.

Only 24 against

To little fanfare, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill on Wednesday to create a new penalty for a*saulting law enforcement officials. If it becomes law, the Protect and Serve Act of 2018 would make it a federal crime, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, for “knowingly caus[ing] serious bodily injury to a law enforcement officer, or attempts to do so.”

Similar so-called “Blue Lives Matter” bills have been snaking their way through state legislatures across the country over the past two years as citizens have continued to rise up and demand an end to police brutality. In 2016, Louisiana became the first state in the country to make police officers a class of citizen protected under hate crime law. (The bill was signed into law by Governor John Bel Edwards, a Democrat.)

Civil rights groups have denounced the Protect and Serve Act. In a Tuesday letter to members of Congress, more than two dozen groups, including the ACLU, Human Rights Watch, and the Southern Poverty Law Center, called the bill “superfluous,” and said it would negatively impact law enforcements’ relationships with the communities they are supposed to serve:

First, police already have substantial protections under federal and state law, rendering this bill superfluous. Second, this bill signals that there is a “war on police,” which is not only untrue, but an unhelpful and dangerous narrative to uplift. And finally, bills similar to Protect and Serve that have been introduced in states around the country—so called “Blue Lives Matter” bills—appear to be a political response to the growing national movement for police accountability in the face of continued k*llings and a*saults of unarmed African Americans; therefore, this bill is divisive and will have a negative impact on the relationship between law enforcement and the communities they serve.

As Jonathan Cohn, a Boston-based editor and progressive activist, rightly pointed out, this bill—and others like it—is “a solution in search of a problem”: police officers already enjoy more protections than most citizens. And as others have noted, categorizing police officers as a group akin to oppressed minority groups is brutally ironic, given how many people of color live in fear of potentially deadly encounters with law enforcement

So it’s a bit jarring to see that the majority of House Democrats, including some of the chambers’ more progressive members, lined up to support the bill (a total of 162 Democratic members backed the bill, while just 24 voted against the measure). Representative Keith Ellison, who represents Minnesota and has come to be affiliated with the Bernie Sanders wing of the party, voted for the bill, as did Arizona Representative Raul Grijalva, and Jan Schakowsky, of Illinois. You can read the full roll call of the vote here..

Splinter has reached out to the offices of Ellison, Grijalva, and Schakowsky for comment on why they supported the bill and will update this post if we hear back

113 comments for "May 19 - 162 democrats in the house voted for the Blue Lives Matter Bill"

10 months ago '12        #2
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,623 | Props total: 47988 47988
Of course they did. Cops aren't here for citizens, they're here to protect property.

Look how easy it is for both sides to vote for something protecting those that'll whip your a*s, but we still dont have the promised healthcare overhaul. When the citizens gone get their due?

Neither side is for us. Let's make a new side

10 months ago '11        #3
Sin 1916 heat pts1916
space
space
$28,764 | Props total: 83850 83850
Resisting arrest is now about to get upgraded to attempting to cause harm to a cop and progress support this sh*t

10 months ago '11        #4
Sin 1916 heat pts1916
space
space
$28,764 | Props total: 83850 83850

List of who voted for what

10 months ago '06        #5
FullTimeHustla 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Of course they did. Cops aren't here for citizens, they're here to protect property.

Look how easy it is for both sides to vote for something protecting those that'll whip your a*s, but we still dont have the promised healthcare overhaul. When the citizens gone get their due?

Neither side is for us. Let's make a new side
Yeah and only 16 senators have "pledged" to for healthcare for the citizens. Im saying one tells you ahead of time where they stand the other just blow hott air and talk alot but when it comes down do it they vote the other way. Just like minor weapons reform in 2013 after 5 year olds died in sandy hook over 15 dem senators voted against it

They all voted to deregulate banks

Again one tells you to your face what they are going to do and do it. The others like cory booker takes millions from big pharma talks all this shyt and votes against bernies pharma bill when the likes of ted cruz voted for it

Amazing

Last edited by FullTimeHustla; 05-19-2018 at 05:14 PM..

10 months ago '16        #6
Frankie Needles 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$2,701 | Props total: 12291 12291
But But the Democrats are for black people, it's only the Republicans that are racist...

Listen it's time we start making business decisions. Malcolm X flat out told us that both sides were racist and dishonest, but the Democrats more so than the GOP, and they prove him right every damn day.

So if we eliminate racial support as a criteria for who gets our vote (same as Asians and Jews have done), then we need to only vote on which party gives us the best economic means to do for ourselves, and here's a clue, that ain't the "only give them handouts" Democrats....

Last edited by Frankie Needles; 05-19-2018 at 10:02 AM..

10 months ago '06        #7
space
space
space
 Sin said

List of who voted for what
Thanks

10 months ago '12        #8
space
space
 FullTimeHustla said
Yeah and only 16 senators have "pledged" to for healthcare for the citizens. Im saying one tells you ahead of time where they stand the other just blow hott air and talk alot but when it comes down do it they vote the other way. Just like minor weapons reform in 2013 after 5 year olds died in sandy hook over 15 dem senators voted against it

They all voted deregulate banks

Again one tells you to your face what they are going to do and do it. The others like cory booker takes millions from big pharma talks all this shyt and votes against bernies pharma bill when the likes of ted cruz voted for it

Amazing
You dumbasses act like being TOLD you're going to get fu*ked is a positive.

I see you keep seeing that sh*t like it's a win. Either way it's a reason WE should form another side as a people and WE should get all of these fu*kers out.

If I walked up to you and told you I was going to rob you..its no different than jumping out and surprising you. Your dumbass still got robbed

Then you all love calling people "sheep" when your ignorant a*ses openly admit you're being told that you're being fu*ked and you still go to bat for these people. That's literally the definition of a sheep, and a characteristic of Stockholm syndrome you rube.

Let's get you out of the sunken place, I KNOW you agree with me when I say we need better representation, regardless of a side. What in the fu*k is wrong with pursuing that.

Rethink your argument. I'm telling you that you deserve better, and you're telling me youre only deserving of getting fu*ked over. You dont even realize you're in abusive relationship with your government at this point

It's gone be okay ma, he can't hurt you no more

10 months ago '12        #9
space
space
 Frankie Needles said
But But the Democrats are for black people, it's only the Republicans that are racist...

Listen it's time we start making business decisions. Malcolm X flat out told us that both sides were racist and dishonest, but the Democrats more so than the GOP, and they him right every damn day. So if we eliminate racial support as a criteria for who gets our vote (same as Asians and Jews have done), then we need to only vote on which party gives us the best economic means to do for ourselves, and here's a clue, that ain't the "only give them handouts" Democrats....
And like I said in my first post it ain't the Republicans either. Neither of these sides have the best interest of American citizens at heart.

When are we going to stop being satisfied with getti g fu*ked a little less by whomever narrative we choose to subscribe to? Cause that's all American politics is

10 months ago '12        #10
space
space
 Frankie Needles said

Listen it's time we start making business decisions. Malcolm X flat out told us that both sides were racist and dishonest, but the Democrats more so than the GOP, and they him right every damn day. So if we eliminate racial support as a criteria for who gets our vote (same as Asians and Jews have done), then we need to only vote on which party gives us the best economic means to do for ourselves, and here's a clue, that ain't the "only give them handouts" Democrats....
Also neither side is for black people. I dont even know why that's relevant to any topic being discussed here. Both sides have done horrific sh*t to people of color but guess what???

They've also done horrific sh*t to caucasians as well

n*gga gone bring up black people and Malcolm X like this blue lives matter initiative went be helping cops get away with murdering and abusing EVERYBODY.

The fact that you all a*sume you're still in this protected bubble is hilarious. Trust me everything that's happened to us has either already happened to you, or it's definitely on the way.

You deserve better.

10 months ago '06        #11
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
You dumbasses act like being TOLD you're going to get fu*ked is a positive.

I see you keep seeing that sh*t like it's a win. Either way it's a reason WE should form another side as a people and WE should get all of these fu*kers out.

If I walked up to you and told you I was going to rob you..its no different than jumping out and surprising you. Your dumbass still got robbed

Then you all love calling people "sheep" when your ignorant a*ses openly admit you're being told that you're being fu*ked and you still go to bat for these people. That's literally the definition of a sheep, and a characteristic of Stockholm syndrome you rube.

Let's get you out of the sunken place, I KNOW you agree with me when I say we need better representation, regardless of a side. What in the fu*k is wrong with pursuing that.

Rethink your argument. I'm telling you that you deserve better, and you're telling me youre only deserving of getting fu*ked over. You dont even realize you're in abusive relationship with your government at this point

It's gone be okay ma, he can't hurt you no more
Wow you sound angry. Im saying the other side tells you upfront and voters vote knowing this full well. The democrats talk all this shyt but really are just mostly republicans light.

They all voted to expand surveillance this year.

The diffrence is how they tax you and some other stuff.

Funny thing is if people are to question these policy issues and voting record of democrats you are called a divider or a bernie bro or a russian now. Sad

10 months ago '06        #12
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,014 | Props total: 38406 38406
Hopefully this doesn’t make it past the senate.

Although the fact that it includes the language “serious bodily injury” limits the application of the law, and because it’s a federal statute most cops won’t actually have the power to book people on it.

It’s not good, BUT at least it’s a very limited law with relatively few teeth.

It’s the state legislatures that we REALLY need to worry about...those are the ones that will have the largest impact.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 05-19-2018 at 08:34 AM..

10 months ago '12        #13
space
space
 FullTimeHustla said
Wow you sound angry. Im saying the other side tells you upfront and voters vote knowing this full well. The democrats talk all this shyt but really are just mostly republicans light.

They all voted to expand surveillance this year.

The diffrence is how they tax you and some other stuff.

Funny thing is if people are to question these policy issues and voting record of democrats you are called a divider or a bernie bro or a russian now. Sad
What the fu*k is a Bernie Bro I never really heard that one.

I think I'm a Bernie bro, I wrote his name in and vote for him over Trump and Hilary

My n*gga, you deserve better. The fact that you're disputing you deserve better says alot.

And yes we both are saying we are getting fu*kdd over. Why should we not be angry LOL. Once again who happily gets fu*ked over

I found out ima Bernie bro today

10 months ago '06        #14
space
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Hopefully this doesn’t make it past the senate.

Although the fact that it includes the language “serious bodily injury” limits the application of the law, and because it’s a federal statute most cops won’t actually have the power to book people on it.

It’s not good, BUT at least it’s a very limited law with relatively few teeth.

It’s the state legislatures that we REALLY need to worry about...those are the ones that will have the largest impact.
What you talking about the feds can come through and pick up the case of any who violates federal law. Also this would be applied to US marshalls, ICE, FBI ECT

10 months ago '16        #15
foshoVoodoo 247 heat pts247
space
space
$14,972 | Props total: 35201 35201
I swear they make laws everyday to make people broke or in jail.

10 months ago '06        #16
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
What the fu*k is a Bernie Bro I never really heard that one.

I think I'm a Bernie bro, I wrote his name in and vote for him over Trump and Hilary

My n*gga, you deserve better. The fact that you're disputing you deserve better says alot.

And yes we both are saying we are getting fu*kdd over. Why should we not be angry LOL. Once again who happily gets fu*ked over

I found out ima Bernie bro today
my life is good. My point is the democratic party are snakes 90% of them. They lie to your face and do the same exact things they are yelling about.

1. Rigging an election
2. Dnc paid women 1/5 of men
3. Blue lives matter
4. Took us from 2 wars to 8 and libya is a slaving trading disaster.
5. Colored people time jokes and laughing at funny names and on and on and on
6. Mass incarceration
7. People who have been in office for 30 plus years off ghe taxpayers dollars and are qorth over 100 million. Pelosi ect
8. Latinos are needy

I can go on and on and on and on. this is them. We just found out that a bernie democrat i guess will call it was replaced by corporate lawyer running and the DCCC threw all their money on him. These people can give to shuts about democracy or voters. Free and fair elections my a*s

This was just last month

[video - click to view]

10 months ago '13        #17
jae dub 336 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,244 | Props total: 2630 2630
High level extortion

Extortion of life time and money

10 months ago '12        #18
space
space
 FullTimeHustla said
my life is good. My point is the democratic party are snakes 90% of them. They lie to your face and do the same exact things they are yelling about.

1. Rigging an election
2. Dnc paid women 1/5 of men
3. Blue lives matter
4. Took us from 2 wars to 8 and libya is a slaving trading disaster.
5. Colored people time jokes and laughing at funny names and on and on and on
6. Mass incarceration
7. People who have been in office for 30 plus years off ghe taxpayers dollars and are qorth over 100 million. Pelosi ect
8. Latinos are needy

I can go on and on and on and on. this is them. We just found out that a bernie democrat i guess will call it was replaced by corporate lawyer running and the DCCC threw all their money on him. These people can give to shuts about democracy or voters. Free and fair elections my a*s

This was just last month

And the Republican party is guilty of the same.

You keep trying to distinguish between the two as if theirs a difference guy.

You do realize they aren't the jedi or Sith right lol? These n*ggas are not enemies they're coworkers both getting rich off of the facade they push about representing you.

You've been duped into thinking one side is less evil or fu*ked up than the other. At some point you have to tell your abusers no.

10 months ago '06        #19
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,014 | Props total: 38406 38406
 FullTimeHustla said
What you talking about the feds can come through and pick up the case of any who violates federal law. Also this would be applied to US marshalls, ICE, FBI ECT
Um yeah that’s my point...those agencies will rarely, if ever, apply this law in the ways we’re worried about because

1. They don’t give a sh*t about street level crime to come and pick up these cases. Federal law enforcement is going after much bigger fish and different crimes; and

2. The majority of racist policing (and all policing) occurs at the local levels enforcing state laws, an NYPD or LAPD officer isn’t going to be able to arrest somebody for violating this law.

Thus, the only time people will really get charged with this law is when it’s actually justified. The language of the statute and the jurisdictional requirements limit the application.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 05-19-2018 at 09:30 AM..

10 months ago '06        #20
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
And the Republican party is guilty of the same.

You keep trying to distinguish between the two as if theirs a difference guy.

You do realize they aren't the jedi or Sith right lol? These n*ggas are not enemies they're coworkers both getting rich off of the facade they push about representing you.

You've been duped into thinking one side is less evil or fu*ked up than the other. At some point you have to tell your abusers no.
Fam im getting more money in my taxes and its been 19 months and not one war started yet. You hate the goverment but you want more goverment huh

10 months ago '06        #21
space
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Um yeah that’s my point...those agencies will rarely, if ever, apply this law in the ways we’re worried about because

1. They don’t give a sh*t about street level crime to come and pick up these cases. Federal law enforcement is going after much bigger fish and different crimes; and

2. The majority of racist policing (and all policing) occurs at the local levels enforcing state laws, an NYPD or LAPD officer isn’t going to be able to arrest somebody for violating this law.

Thus, the only time people will really get charged with this law is when it’s actually justified. The language of the statute and the jurisdictional requirements limit the application.
True to be honest most these states if not all will already throw you more than 10 years in prison if you do that

Still it gives more power on the books and the name alone is wild but like i said dems are hypocrites.

Find out the issues that effects you and your family and study voting records please

10 months ago '12        #22
space
space
 FullTimeHustla said
Fam im getting more money in my taxes and its been 19 months and not one war started yet. You hate the goverment but you want more goverment huh
I dont want more government actually. I'm actually highly opposed to more government. Not to many blacks want more government since it's been one of the most destructive tools against our communities. You said that yourself

I think you fail to see I'm saying to you that we deserve better individuals representing us in government. Not more government.

As far as moneys concerned, I've more money in the last 7 years than anyone in my neighborhood(legally lol) I'm from. In fact from 2010-2013 I made a k*lling. And today im still doing good.

I think the intellectually weak judge our success on what's in our bank account. That number on the bottom line does nothing but afford you an easier day while your community is still in the toilet.

Once again neither party is for us. Financial stability at a time when our states, cities, and counties are suffering dont mean much aside from giving you a break from the bullsh*t everyone else has to go through.

At some point you have to grow up and think beyond a material being.

10 months ago '07        #23
theFREAK 4789 heat pts4789
space
space
$62,799 | Props total: 64698 64698

10 months ago '10        #24
robfromlbc 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,404 | Props total: 18630 18630
Looney liberals continue to take L's @ come spin this in favor of your party you schizophrenic

10 months ago '17        #25
Ymmot 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$10,328 | Props total: 24782 24782
 robfromlbc said
Looney liberals continue to take L's @ come spin this in favor of your party you schizophrenic
I don't have a party. I'm not surprised by this. But let me guess, you do have a party who you believe is f*ghting for you to have a better life. Who's looney?

Home      

most viewed right now
-107online now  37
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
107 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  33
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
60 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+70online now  28
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
45 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-30online now  17
Image(s) inside Ya FAV IG BECKY THOT EXPOSED, This Is How DISEASE & BACTERIA IS SPREAD..
98 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy