Tips on buying new cars

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 months ago '17        #1
3500 page views
32 comments

Enigmatic1 342 heat pts342
space
space
$2,631 | Props total: 12470 12470
Tips on buying new cars

Even tho this program is in Canada, the advice applies effectively in the United States

32 comments for "Tips on buying new cars"

7 months ago '15        #2
PolygonMafia 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,816 | Props total: 5702 5702
I’ve never leased a new car, I got a decent whip back as a teen and have just rolled the funds from selling that with some new capital into buying used. Never really had a car payment too!

I drive a 2014 Sonata hybrid tho so I ain’t gonna come off like some BX baller in a euro. Cars ain’t sh*t to me besides transportation. This thing gets damn near 600 Miles a tank and has a decent sound system so I’m set

7 months ago '17        #3
Enigmatic1 342 heat pts342 OP
space
space
$2,631 | Props total: 12470 12470
Meant to put this in the car section

7 months ago '05        #4
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 4043 4043
With enough leverage which is usually mainly good credit you get the car you want.

You get what you pay for too

7 months ago '08        #5
GoldBluded 668 heat pts668
space
space
$21,884 | Props total: 36778 36778
I've been taught to buy 2nd hand cars but if you got it

7 months ago '09        #6
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,176 | Props total: 1138 1138
 PolygonMafia said
Iíve never leased a new car, I got a decent whip back as a teen and have just rolled the funds from selling that with some new capital into buying used. Never really had a car payment too!

I drive a 2014 Sonata hybrid tho so I ainít gonna come off like some BX baller in a euro. Cars ainít sh*t to me besides transportation. This thing gets damn near 600 Miles a tank and has a decent sound system so Iím set
Mom gave my my first car it was 10 years old at the time. It got totalled by a fire (a house fire also damaged my car) I got about $3000 from the insurance and bought a used car. I've never paid more than 20K for a car but I have had car payments. But that life with no car payments is the best.

7 months ago '18        #7
Dyslexicredaer0 10 heat pts10
space
space
$187 | Props total: 974 974
The most important tip to get the best deal is to go a dealership on the last day of the month. Even better than that, the last day of a sales quarter and the absolute best time is at the end of the year, Dec 31st. Dealerships have to meet certain sales goals and are often willing to give out crazy deals to meet them in order to activate certain bonuses for salespeople and managers. And always walk out on the second or third offer and tell them you have to think about. Also as a former car salesman the most important thing you should do is to receive financing from an outside source from a bank or credit union. Almost never go with the dealership's financing offers because they are in it to get the most money possible out of you. With these bits of knowledge you will get the best deal ever. Most auto salesman and managers don't give a damn about their customers and are there to extract maximum profit from you so make it harder on them and don't get taken advantage of.

7 months ago '05        #8
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$826 | Props total: 496 496
30 minute vid, but good info if youíre shopping for a new whip.

[video - click to view]

7 months ago '05        #9
Flatbush85 58 heat pts58
space
space
$15,201 | Props total: 3642 3642
If your broke, buy cheap old whips. Buy another one if repairs become unbearable.

If your a Boxden member, lease. Use only the good life of the car. Then lease again.

7 months ago '04        #10
JayR04 119 heat pts119
space
space
$11,620 | Props total: 8032 8032
 Dyslexicredaer0 said
The most important tip to get the best deal is to go a dealership on the last day of the month. Even better than that, the last day of a sales quarter and the absolute best time is at the end of the year, Dec 31st. Dealerships have to meet certain sales goals and are often willing to give out crazy deals to meet them in order to activate certain bonuses for salespeople and managers.
Me and my girl both bought cars around last Christmas. I think we both came out good.

7 months ago '11        #11
whouthinkitis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,484 | Props total: 2429 2429
I don't drive (disabled) but a lot of ppl don't realize how they waste money on cars. For instance, why pay a car note on a used car? I could understand paying one for a new one but still... Either you can afford it or you can't.

7 months ago '08        #12
Chedda 451 heat pts451
space
space
$18,015 | Props total: 42619 42619
I'll never buy a brand new car again. I will at minimum go for a 1 year old car. That first year depreciation is a bi*ch.

7 months ago '06        #13
Blockburner28 69 heat pts69
space
space
$15,393 | Props total: 2500 2500
Will read later, thanks

7 months ago '16        #14
Mr Ethics 
space
space
space
$8 | Props total: 5 5
Solid

7 months ago '04        #15
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1061 1061
According to cars.com
 cars.com said
The top 10 holidays for used-car shoppers to score a deal, followed by the percentage by which the number of deals on that holiday exceeds the average, are:

10. New Year's Day, 15.8 percent

9. Halloween, 18.8 percent

8. New Year's Eve, 21.3 percent

7. Christmas, 21.4 percent

6. Christmas Eve, 28.7 percent

5. Martin Luther King Day, 29.4 percent

4. Columbus Day, 30.5 percent

3. Thanksgiving Day, 30.6 percent

2. Veterans Day, 32.5 percent

1. Black Friday, 33.1 percent

All of those holidays, you'll notice, occur from October through January.
 cars.com said
Here are the top five holidays not to celebrate with a used-car purchase, with percentage less of a chance of getting a deal:

5. Memorial Day/Father's Day (tie), 18.3 percent

4. Good Friday, 21.6 percent

3. Easter, 22.2 percent

2. Mother's Day, 27.5 percent

1. Fourth of July, 28 percent

7 months ago '06        #16
LYTE 151 heat pts151
space
space
space
$15,522 | Props total: 7571 7571
 whouthinkitis said
I don't drive (disabled) but a lot of ppl don't realize how they waste money on cars. For instance, why pay a car note on a used car? I could understand paying one for a new one but still... Either you can afford it or you can't.
Im considering it just to mix my type of credit accounts I have

7 months ago '04        #17
Grisly 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,807 | Props total: 5486 5486
im in the market right now looking to buy a newer USED whip, something with only 1 owner and super clean

probably gonna hit my credit union up about a 20-30k loan and go from there

7 months ago '04        #18
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$15,600 | Props total: 898 898
Best tip on buying a new car...don't buy a new car

Get a certified pre owned that may be a year or two old...sometimes those certified warranties are better than the original.

7 months ago '16        #19
Homer Pimpson 
space
space
$3,792 | Props total: 7846 7846
Don't

7 months ago '13        #20
Slickster90 
space
space
$1,764 | Props total: 1352 1352
 NYCNYCNYC said
Best tip on buying a new car...don't buy a new car

Get a certified pre owned that may be a year or two old...sometimes those certified warranties are better than the original.
Just copped myself a CPO Accord Coupe 2016, only 6K miles on it.

7 months ago '05        #21
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,320 | Props total: 8017 8017
Ha I went to the dealer yesterday to look at new whips. Come the afternoon they had up all the prices up by 4k. They just trial to catch a sucker coming. I am good just gone chill with my ride

7 months ago '05        #22
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,320 | Props total: 8017 8017
I bought a car for 40k went back into the dealer a year later and they tried to give me 23k for trade in value. Next time I get a car it will be used.

7 months ago '12        #23
kej718 292 heat pts292
space
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 5871 5871
Just bought a Civic last week. First new car. Been getting used ones my whole life and they never last. Wish I saw this thread first, but would still probably get it.

7 months ago '16        #24
mia4life128 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$256 | Props total: 402 402
I't doesn't matter what day of the month it is. You just need to ask all and any manufacturer car dealer what fees are being added to your total invoice price of the car.

Three examples: this off of a 680 credit score just fyi

I get employee price on any ford through a family member cost is guaranteed below dealer cost for employees, about 1500 depending on model.
bought the ol lady a fusion fully loaded ecoboost. dealer advertised price was about 28,900K employee price is 24,3XX minus any manufacturer discounts that are being offered for either lease or 72 month purchase. which i'll bring the cost down even more can't haggle price there any more. ended up with a 72mo term loan for 298 with taxes.

Second example two weeks later I traded in my car to Lexus for a 2018 IS 300 F sport 45K vehicle, Leased for 353 mo less than half of what the 80mo term would of been. But you have to make sure you invoice is below what they are trying to push I asked for a full print out of all the cost and fees that are being a.ssessed to the invoiced priced. Found a few fee's acquisition fee, pre deliver fee, documentation fee, and destination delivery fee. totaling roughly 3,400 in fees + the first months payment, & tag title fee. 99% of the time all these fee with the exception of destination delivery fee can be waived saving you $1,000s off your total invoice pricing, which in turn helps reduce your monthly payment by about $10-$30 per $1,000 that is reduce off total invoice price that is being financed.
in short got the mspr price for the IS reduced from 45 to 41K with the fees removed and the finance manager going at dealer cost for the F sport at 39K and then adding the destination fee. and also bumping me to tier 1 financing to make the sale.

last example, Leased a 2018 Honda civic for my sister since her credit is to green according to the dealer. got tier 1 financing w/ honda no hassel but invoice price ballooned to 24K for a 19K msrp civic ex. Asked for full detail on fees and inception listed. all sorts of fees added. got everything removed except acquisition and new tag title fee. plus worked on getting them to reduce retail pricing. got vehicle cost down to 19.5K plus fee and first month she was out of pocket $1,000 total vehicle total capitalized cost for lease $20,184 lease payments at $198

I think personally its easier to get approved by the manufacture financing bank IE: Ford credit, Lexus Financial, American Honda financial corp. any dealer bank.

Key is to work on the total cost that is being finance to get the best deal possible, no matter what the dealer will always come out on top, the key is to get the best deal you can afford.

Most dealers will focus or appeal to you the monthly cost of the car, not knowing how much your actually financing for that monthly price. its very important to focus on the actual cost then the monthly payment, you MO payment will lower as the cost goes down. IF you lease this important because you always want to be under what the lease end cost of the vehicle will be after your term lease incase you want to buy out.

6 months ago '07        #25
HeckDaMonsta 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,747 | Props total: 3973 3973
Best tip I have is Check your credit (credit karma is cool) and do some research on how much you can afford keep in mind car insurance. Get a loan yourself thru your bank preferably a credit union. Use apps like CarGurus,autotrader, cars, etc. to get an idea of what u want and how much they’re selling for then go check em out at the dealership. Don’t be afraid to walk away at anytime. Dont let the salesman talk you into applying for one of their loans. Don’t feel guilty about wasting the salesman time. If u have a trade-in mention it at the very end after you figured out the numbers. Theyll add it to the cost of the new car if know before hand lol

Home      

most viewed right now
+177online now  15
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+46online now  13
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 4 "Reasonable Doubt"
33 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+29online now  13
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
115 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-114online now  8
NBA NASA RESPONDS with PURE ETHER to STEPHEN CURRY SAYING the MOON LANDING was..
317 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+62online now  8
Chocolate Perfection
37 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+64online now  8
Police called on Brothers playing a videogame and a fight ensues when they arr..
62 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside And the Curse of New York Continues...
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Lil baby ainít feeding his n**gas
85 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy