squad up!

May 15 - Naked man shot and killed by cops, "being naked does not remove a threat"

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 months ago '11        #1
3182 page views
64 comments

Sin 1673 heat pts1673
space
space
$25,008 | Props total: 66522 66522
May 15 - nekkid man shot and k!lled by cops, "being nekkid does not remove a threat"

The man Richmond police shot and k!lled along Interstate 95 during Monday night's commute was a high school science teacher who had graduated with honors from Virginia Commonwealth University.

The Richmond Police Department has identified Marcus-David L. Peters, 24, of the 6700 block of Dartmouth Avenue in Henrico County, as the man who they said charged one of its officers after hitting three cars, leading police on a short pursuit and dancing and rolling nekkid on the interstate.

"That was not my son," Barbara Peters, his mother, said. "This is just so out-of-character. Something went terribly wrong."

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., an RPD officer saw Peters driving a sedan that struck another vehicle at the intersection of West Franklin and North Belvidere streets, police said Tuesday. He continued driving and the officer followed him north and onto the I-95/64 ramp at Chamberlayne Avenue.

Peters lost control of his vehicle after striking two other vehicles on the ramp, police said. He emerged nekkid from the disabled vehicle and ran into the northbound lanes of I-95/64. Witnesses said they saw him dancing and rolling around on the interstate before running back to the on-ramp.

Police said Peters then charged the Richmond officer, who deployed his Taser in an effort to disable Peters. The Taser was ineffective, police said, so the officer fired his service weapon, striking Peters, who was unarmed.

Peters was transported to a hospital where he died shortly after midnight.

The 24-year-old grew up in Middles3x County, the third-youngest of 12 children. He graduated summa c*m laude from Middles3x High School in 2011, Barbara Peters confirmed Tuesday.

His high school class selected him as a student speaker at graduation, which was covered by the local Southside Sentinel. In his commencement address, Peters appeared optimistic and said he was "excited for our future."

"Each and every one of you has something special to offer the world," he said, according to the paper. "You have your own unique gift. We are all a.ssets to society."

He went on: "The trying times of life will only make us strong individuals. Nothing in this life that has value is going to come easy."

His family called the speech moving and caused "the gymnasium to erupt in a round of applause."

Peters went on to attend VCU, graduating in 2016 with a biology degree and c*m laude honors; he also minored in Spanish, psychology and chemistry. While at VCU, he attended the school's Honors College, served as a resident's a.ssistant and volunteered in doctor's offices, the family said.

"His pursuit for a career as a trauma surgeon would unknowingly take a detour as he discovered his passion for education," the family said in a statement.

He taught at Ess3x High School, according to his family. The school's website lists "Marcus Peters" among its science teachers. The family said he also taught a "life skills" class; school officials could not be reached Tuesday.

"The hopes for these additional lessons were to help students develop fundamental skills for overall success," Peters' family said. "He would often say, 'The students just need to know that someone cares about them and needs a role model to look up to.' He tried his very best to do just that."

His family said "his personality and big grin was so contagious. It was almost impossible to not befriend him."

Chief Alfred Durham spoke with the family Tuesday to offer his condolences.

"We are all deeply affected by what happened here – by the loss of life," Durham said in a statement. "Our officers do not take the use of deadly force lightly. I think it’s important to remember that being nekkid does not remove a threat. So far, the eyewitness accounts we’ve heard have been consistent: our officer tried using verbal commands, then used non-lethal force first by deploying his Taser before using his service weapon."

The department refused to answer additional questions about the incident citing the ongoing investigation.

RPD detectives are asking eyewitnesses to contact them and share their accounts and any photographs or videos they may have taken.

The officer who shot Peters had 10 years of service with the department. He has not been identified and was placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure while the department’s Force Investigation Team conducts its investigation. The officer’s name will be released once a risk a.ssessment has been completed, according to police.

Detectives will interview the officer and any other eyewitnesses that can be located. They will review the officer’s body-worn-camera video and any other video or photographs that can be located. Such images can be submitted to the RPD using the Crime Stoppers P-3 app, which has a category labeled "95 Incident" for this investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Major Crimes Detective R. Wigfall at (804) 646-6769 or contact Crime Stoppers at 780-1000 or at visit this link www.7801000.com. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smart phones may also be used to submit still photographs or videos. All three Crime Stoppers methods of contact are anonymous.

visit this link http://www.richmond.com/n .. 5afea7e2b.html

64 comments for "May 15 - Naked man shot and killed by cops, "being naked does not remove a threat""

5 months ago '11        #2
Sin 1673 heat pts1673 OP
space
space
it's unfortunate the cops couldn't find any other way to subdue this man who seemed like he had a bright future ahead of him

id of love to know his explanation

[pic - click to view]

5 months ago '04        #3
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,173 | Props total: 545 545
Why don't they shoot knees, I'll never understand them mfers

5 months ago '04        #4
simm04 84 heat pts84
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 23933 23933
 strahan2004 said
its because they go steps to their action
1. if the person is empty handed= 1 step higher/taser
2. if a knife - 1 step higher is use of gun
3. if they cant subdue person with taser - 1 step above would go also

that is the way they work. always makes you wonder thou y not just gang tackle him/her and cuff em up

5 months ago '10        #5
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,244 | Props total: 10497 10497
Wonder what he was high on...

People on certain drugs/highs gain incredible strength and the last place you wanna be is on the ground wrestling around with them.

And that shoot the knees comment, this ain't Call of Duty

5 months ago '08        #6
ExNihilo 52 heat pts52
space
space
$22,024 | Props total: 28378 28378
Shooting specific body parts isn't as easy as you think, when an object is moving.

Based on the story, I wonder if a firearm was the only option used, or if they tried a taser and pepper spray, hell even a bean bag shotgun/rifle.

If the cop went straight for a firearm in this situation shows clear lack of training, or willingness to take a human life at an "easily explained" opportunity.

5 months ago '11        #7
Sin 1673 heat pts1673 OP
space
space
 ExNihilo said
Shooting specific body parts isn't as easy as you think, when an object is moving.

Based on the story, I wonder if a firearm was the only option used, or if they tried a taser and pepper spray, hell even a bean bag shotgun/rifle.

If the cop went straight for a firearm in this situation shows clear lack of training, or willingness to take a human life at an "easily explained" opportunity.

[pic - click to view]

5 months ago '14        #8
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,312 | Props total: 18832 18832
Do they not give cops nightsticks and tasers anymore?

5 months ago '17        #9
lucifershammer 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 16889 16889
Eric prince company trains 20000 cops a year.

Eric prince sister works for trump

5 months ago '17        #10
WinterWarz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,422 | Props total: 6449 6449
 ExNihilo said

Did u actually read the story?

6th paragraph says taser was used first but was ineffective.

5 months ago '11        #11
Sin 1673 heat pts1673 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

nekkid men can be dangerous to a cops ego

5 months ago '17        #12
Willy Boban 147 heat pts147
space
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 23186 23186
Whoever sold him that sh*t needs prison time. Because weed, coke, crack, meth and heroin doesn't have you doing that sh*t unless its laced with pcp or some sh*t.

5 months ago '17        #13
Harasnart 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,734 | Props total: 7064 7064
 strahan2004 said
Because lawsuits. People were paralysed and handicapped and sued the police for millions of dollars.

Blame the fu*king idiots of america. Cops are better k!lling someone than injuring them even.

5 months ago '16        #14
NoLvstName 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,128 | Props total: 34037 34037
Drugs

5 months ago '08        #15
ExNihilo 52 heat pts52
space
space
$22,024 | Props total: 28378 28378
 WinterWarz said
Did u actually read the story?

6th paragraph says taser was used first but was ineffective.
Didn't finish cuz I'm watching the game, but thanks for the update

5 months ago '15        #16
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
$555 | Props total: 1931 1931
Smh I'm already convinced American cops are pus*y. I spent 2 weeks with my cousin that lives in the ghetto near Paris and I've seen a handful of incidents where the French police descalate situations by duking it out with civilians/thugs

5 months ago '17        #17
Willy Boban 147 heat pts147
space
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 23186 23186
 Harasnart said
Because lawsuits. People were paralysed and handicapped and sued the police for millions of dollars.

Blame the fu*king idiots of america. Cops are better k!lling someone than injuring them even.
n*gga. The shooting range don't even have knee shot options to practice on. Its all center mass or head.

Plus. You think the cop was worrying about saving the city a buck or 2 and just opt out for the k!ll shot in this situation that was in broad daylight with 100s of onlookers.

Da phuck.

5 months ago '16        #18
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
$2,787 | Props total: 10812 10812
 OMarksDaSpot said
Smh I'm already convinced American cops are pus*y. I spent 2 weeks with my cousin that lives in the ghetto near Paris and I've seen a handful of incidents where the French police descalate situations by duking it out with civilians/thugs
Is anybody else reading this?

5 months ago '14        #19
WizDoM 102 heat pts102
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 268 268
i live 15 second from where this happened on 95 north bound i was walking i seen dude walking towards the interstate nekkid his car in the bushes i said what up he said "take ya time" a regular richmond phrase and kept it moving i looked back and seen dude rolling around on 95 like he was in a sandbox cars dodging him left and right once i seen the cops i left i already knew there goes another dead black man. If he was white he would of been subdued by a poodle k-9 and placed in a rehab center .

5 months ago '14        #20
Nemohoes95 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 7522 7522
 Strong Side Iso said
Imagine seeing police on a regular basis shooting a fair one.

5 months ago '15        #21
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
$555 | Props total: 1931 1931
 Strong Side Iso said
Lol I'm deadass I'm grew in Brooklyn (Haitian American) n I ain't seen nothing like what I saw in my cousins hood out there!

Bunch of African n Indian pimps dressing like it's 2006 with rundown white hoes lmfaoo

5 months ago '17        #22
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
$1,337 | Props total: 5215 5215
 strahan2004 said
Lawsuits for crippling a person for life stopped that nonsense in the late 80's, early 90's.

5 months ago '17        #23
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
$1,337 | Props total: 5215 5215
 Ivorypillars said
Do they not give cops nightsticks and tasers anymore?
This n*gga ain't read the damn story apparently. SMH...

They tased him: it didn't work.

5 months ago '17        #24
WinterWarz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,422 | Props total: 6449 6449
 ExNihilo said
Didn't finish cuz I'm watching the game, but thanks for the update
all good..was just seein if maybe u missed that part.

5 months ago '07        #25
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,152 | Props total: 1525 1525
Sad world we live in. Now we can't be high, drive on the highway nekkid, put other people's lives at risk.. without getting shot by the police.

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Colin HoH Kaep with another W: Brittany Renner had to fund all her visits ..
46 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake plotting on 03 Greedo’s daughter?
50 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Asap Rocky on $100k bed and orgies
37 comments
5 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA 76ers @ Celtics NBA Season Opener Discussion Thread
302 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lupe Fiasco Builds On The Democratic Party "I don’t care about what Kanye ass ..
12 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean just went super sayajin 3
15 comments
1 hour ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Kyrie arrives to work with bald eagle feather in his hair
78 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Oct 16 - Girl watches BF get "r@ped" at a haunted house
45 comments
6 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Men father your sons
54 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Netflix dropped one of the scariest series of all time
41 comments
7 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Chucky fires back at Rashaan Melvin
22 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 16 - ugly creature fu-ked her teen student in classroom during pep..
20 comments
4 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Be honest, do you want the top?
36 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA The “Order” is going after Zion
4 comments
29 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl so gorgeous you wouldn’t even feel bad to simp.
36 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Do you think drake brave enough to throw a sub at styles
43 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Off-White x Air Max 90' (fall)
15 comments
6 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Swizz Beatz on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiire right now cot damn
10 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How can they show this on NBC/Network TV with kids watching?
11 comments
1 hour ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
MEEK MILL wins $50,000 from SIXERS OWNER for MAKING HALF COURT SHOT :mjwow:
19 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
CJ
Dmv1989
Lonny Breaux
TriniSoldier
ReggieA
Reflexx
Mumbletaker
BlackDynamite
tdub-zr0
squirtofkahlua
Top 10 most slapped recently
BlackDynamite
WhyEsElvrSurfer
COLIN COWHERD
Imissmalcolmx17
chef12
Mutant Boy
NinetyThree94
DrizzyStan06
TaxStoneCooked
strungout

most viewed right now
online now  43
Dutch Watt Girl Impressed By Dutch Watt Girls Butt
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  35
Image(s) inside Rumor!!!! Avengers:Annihilation trailer description!!!
51 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside More Cushion For The Pushin...
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Them thangs sitting HEAVY!
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside This New TV Show Is The SH*T
43 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Brazilian Puerto Rican Hybrid. I Almost Nutted Twice Making This Thread
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Best look yet at Peter Parker’s new suit in ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home
61 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Ella Mai addresses Jacquees situation
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy