May 15 - Naked man shot and killed by cops, "being naked does not remove a threat"

most viewed right now
NBA Athletes show love to Lebron
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Know We're Posed 2 Be off YesJulz But uhhh....
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 21 Savage Goons shoots at Nipsey, e40 with Wack 100
24 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '11        #1
2839 pageviews
64 comments

Sin 1477 heat pts1477
space
space
$21,973 | Props total: 54941 54941
May 15 - nekkid man shot and k!lled by cops, "being nekkid does not remove a threat"

The man Richmond police shot and k!lled along Interstate 95 during Monday night's commute was a high school science teacher who had graduated with honors from Virginia Commonwealth University.

The Richmond Police Department has identified Marcus-David L. Peters, 24, of the 6700 block of Dartmouth Avenue in Henrico County, as the man who they said charged one of its officers after hitting three cars, leading police on a short pursuit and dancing and rolling nekkid on the interstate.

"That was not my son," Barbara Peters, his mother, said. "This is just so out-of-character. Something went terribly wrong."

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., an RPD officer saw Peters driving a sedan that struck another vehicle at the intersection of West Franklin and North Belvidere streets, police said Tuesday. He continued driving and the officer followed him north and onto the I-95/64 ramp at Chamberlayne Avenue.

Peters lost control of his vehicle after striking two other vehicles on the ramp, police said. He emerged nekkid from the disabled vehicle and ran into the northbound lanes of I-95/64. Witnesses said they saw him dancing and rolling around on the interstate before running back to the on-ramp.

Police said Peters then charged the Richmond officer, who deployed his Taser in an effort to disable Peters. The Taser was ineffective, police said, so the officer fired his service weapon, striking Peters, who was unarmed.

Peters was transported to a hospital where he died shortly after midnight.

The 24-year-old grew up in Middles3x County, the third-youngest of 12 children. He graduated summa c*m laude from Middles3x High School in 2011, Barbara Peters confirmed Tuesday.

His high school class selected him as a student speaker at graduation, which was covered by the local Southside Sentinel. In his commencement address, Peters appeared optimistic and said he was "excited for our future."

"Each and every one of you has something special to offer the world," he said, according to the paper. "You have your own unique gift. We are all a.ssets to society."

He went on: "The trying times of life will only make us strong individuals. Nothing in this life that has value is going to come easy."

His family called the speech moving and caused "the gymnasium to erupt in a round of applause."

Peters went on to attend VCU, graduating in 2016 with a biology degree and c*m laude honors; he also minored in Spanish, psychology and chemistry. While at VCU, he attended the school's Honors College, served as a resident's a.ssistant and volunteered in doctor's offices, the family said.

"His pursuit for a career as a trauma surgeon would unknowingly take a detour as he discovered his passion for education," the family said in a statement.

He taught at Ess3x High School, according to his family. The school's website lists "Marcus Peters" among its science teachers. The family said he also taught a "life skills" class; school officials could not be reached Tuesday.

"The hopes for these additional lessons were to help students develop fundamental skills for overall success," Peters' family said. "He would often say, 'The students just need to know that someone cares about them and needs a role model to look up to.' He tried his very best to do just that."

His family said "his personality and big grin was so contagious. It was almost impossible to not befriend him."

Chief Alfred Durham spoke with the family Tuesday to offer his condolences.

"We are all deeply affected by what happened here – by the loss of life," Durham said in a statement. "Our officers do not take the use of deadly force lightly. I think it’s important to remember that being nekkid does not remove a threat. So far, the eyewitness accounts we’ve heard have been consistent: our officer tried using verbal commands, then used non-lethal force first by deploying his Taser before using his service weapon."

The department refused to answer additional questions about the incident citing the ongoing investigation.

RPD detectives are asking eyewitnesses to contact them and share their accounts and any photographs or videos they may have taken.

The officer who shot Peters had 10 years of service with the department. He has not been identified and was placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure while the department’s Force Investigation Team conducts its investigation. The officer’s name will be released once a risk a.ssessment has been completed, according to police.

Detectives will interview the officer and any other eyewitnesses that can be located. They will review the officer’s body-worn-camera video and any other video or photographs that can be located. Such images can be submitted to the RPD using the Crime Stoppers P-3 app, which has a category labeled "95 Incident" for this investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Major Crimes Detective R. Wigfall at (804) 646-6769 or contact Crime Stoppers at 780-1000 or at visit this link www.7801000.com. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smart phones may also be used to submit still photographs or videos. All three Crime Stoppers methods of contact are anonymous.

visit this link http://www.richmond.com/n .. 5afea7e2b.html
hot topic and 2 others gave props

64 comments for "May 15 - Naked man shot and killed by cops, "being naked does not remove a threat""

2 weeks ago '11        #2
Sin 1477 heat pts1477 OP
space
space
it's unfortunate the cops couldn't find any other way to subdue this man who seemed like he had a bright future ahead of him

id of love to know his explanation

[pic - click to view]

fat_boyy21 and 34 others gave props

Beach Bum slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '04        #3
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,115 | Props total: 454 454
Why don't they shoot knees, I'll never understand them mfers
sunsetnVine and 3 others gave props

Hex and 11 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '04        #4
simm04 69 heat pts69
space
space
$6,996 | Props total: 21422 21422
 strahan2004 said:
its because they go steps to their action
1. if the person is empty handed= 1 step higher/taser
2. if a knife - 1 step higher is use of gun
3. if they cant subdue person with taser - 1 step above would go also

that is the way they work. always makes you wonder thou y not just gang tackle him/her and cuff em up
daffysm and 10 others gave props

2 weeks ago '10        #5
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,173 | Props total: 10071 10071
Wonder what he was high on...

People on certain drugs/highs gain incredible strength and the last place you wanna be is on the ground wrestling around with them.

And that shoot the knees comment, this ain't Call of Duty
daffysm and 30 others gave props

BasedGawd slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '08        #6
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
space
$21,318 | Props total: 25510 25510
Shooting specific body parts isn't as easy as you think, when an object is moving.

Based on the story, I wonder if a firearm was the only option used, or if they tried a taser and pepper spray, hell even a bean bag shotgun/rifle.

If the cop went straight for a firearm in this situation shows clear lack of training, or willingness to take a human life at an "easily explained" opportunity.
The Dudeness and 6 others gave props

2 weeks ago '11        #7
Sin 1477 heat pts1477 OP
space
space
 ExNihilo said:
Shooting specific body parts isn't as easy as you think, when an object is moving.

Based on the story, I wonder if a firearm was the only option used, or if they tried a taser and pepper spray, hell even a bean bag shotgun/rifle.

If the cop went straight for a firearm in this situation shows clear lack of training, or willingness to take a human life at an "easily explained" opportunity.

[pic - click to view]

ExNihilo and 14 others gave props

2 weeks ago '14        #8
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$8,890 | Props total: 16893 16893
Do they not give cops nightsticks and tasers anymore?
Its and 1 others gave props

Def Poet|M slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '17        #9
lucifershammer 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,415 | Props total: 11452 11452
Eric prince company trains 20000 cops a year.

Eric prince sister works for trump
dubious76 and 2 others gave props

Propel Water and 1 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '17        #10
WinterWarz 1 heat pts
space
space
$995 | Props total: 4369 4369
 ExNihilo said:

Did u actually read the story?

6th paragraph says taser was used first but was ineffective.
Thegreatiandi and 7 others gave props

Dabestout101 slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '11        #11
Sin 1477 heat pts1477 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

nekkid men can be dangerous to a cops ego
@MR SMOOTH$ and 25 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #12
Willy Boban 94 heat pts94
space
space
space
$4,318 | Props total: 16400 16400
Whoever sold him that sh*t needs prison time. Because weed, coke, crack, meth and heroin doesn't have you doing that sh*t unless its laced with pcp or some sh*t.

Prad Bitt and 16 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #13
Harasnart 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,891 | Props total: 4606 4606
 strahan2004 said:
Because lawsuits. People were paralysed and handicapped and sued the police for millions of dollars.

Blame the fu*king idiots of america. Cops are better k!lling someone than injuring them even.
sunsetnVine and 7 others gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #14
NoLvstName 35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 27275 27275
Drugs
SHOWnPROVE gave props

2 weeks ago '08        #15
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
space
$21,318 | Props total: 25510 25510
 WinterWarz said:
Did u actually read the story?

6th paragraph says taser was used first but was ineffective.
Didn't finish cuz I'm watching the game, but thanks for the update
Sin gave props

2 weeks ago '15        #16
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
$427 | Props total: 1442 1442
Smh I'm already convinced American cops are pus*y. I spent 2 weeks with my cousin that lives in the ghetto near Paris and I've seen a handful of incidents where the French police descalate situations by duking it out with civilians/thugs
Sin and 10 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #17
Willy Boban 94 heat pts94
space
space
space
$4,318 | Props total: 16400 16400
 Harasnart said:
Because lawsuits. People were paralysed and handicapped and sued the police for millions of dollars.

Blame the fu*king idiots of america. Cops are better k!lling someone than injuring them even.
n*gga. The shooting range don't even have knee shot options to practice on. Its all center mass or head.

Plus. You think the cop was worrying about saving the city a buck or 2 and just opt out for the k!ll shot in this situation that was in broad daylight with 100s of onlookers.

Da phuck.
Kid A and 1 others gave props

BasedGawd slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 8918 8918
 OMarksDaSpot said:
Smh I'm already convinced American cops are pus*y. I spent 2 weeks with my cousin that lives in the ghetto near Paris and I've seen a handful of incidents where the French police descalate situations by duking it out with civilians/thugs
Is anybody else reading this?
kenya1995 and 13 others gave props

2 weeks ago '14        #19
WizDoM 101 heat pts101
space
space
$1,532 | Props total: 244 244
i live 15 second from where this happened on 95 north bound i was walking i seen dude walking towards the interstate nekkid his car in the bushes i said what up he said "take ya time" a regular richmond phrase and kept it moving i looked back and seen dude rolling around on 95 like he was in a sandbox cars dodging him left and right once i seen the cops i left i already knew there goes another dead black man. If he was white he would of been subdued by a poodle k-9 and placed in a rehab center .
Sin and 18 others gave props

2 weeks ago '14        #20
kenya1995 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,589 | Props total: 5306 5306
 Strong Side Iso said:
Is anybody else reading this?
Imagine seeing police on a regular basis shooting a fair one.
Illogic and 8 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Forget these white girls, I need some variation, ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S VERY ASIAN
16 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
284 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Do All Compasses Point Towards the GARDEN OF EDEN?
60 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 25 - Trump declares US will ‘dominate the oceans,
24 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Reboot your router
48 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside What streaming on Twitch has done to my life :wadesad:
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Prince says a rogue DEA hitman was contracted to kill him!
83 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 26 - Can 30,000 Cameras Help Solve Chicago’s Crime Problem?
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy