May 14 - Japanese teens busted for marijuana, say “We wanted to be like foreign musicians”

sponsored links

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '04        #1
5514 page views
234 comments

mr_underground|m 2026 heat pts2026
space
space
$23,638 | Props total: 31392 31392
May 14 - Japanese teens busted for marijuana, say “We wanted to be like foreign musicians”

High schoolers from rural Kochi Prefecture wanted to live the high life.

Japan takes a famously hardline stance against drug possession and use. In 1980, Paul McCartney famously spent over a week in a narcotics detention center, and was then unceremoniously deported, after arriving at Narita Airport with marijuana in his luggage. More recently, Paris Hilton also only got as far as Narita in 2010 before immigration officials told her to hop right back on a plane and leave, as she wouldn’t be allowed into Japan as a result of pleading guilty to drug possession charges in the U.S.

So if being an international celebrity doesn’t earn you any extra leeway, merely wanting to be like a foreign recording star won’t either.

On May 11, the Kochi Prefectural Police announced that 12 people stand accused of marijuana distribution and possession charges, with six of them being boys who attend high school in Kochi. Also involved were a 17-year-old from neighboring Ehime Prefecture and a 57-year-old resident of Tokyo’s Suginami Ward who’s a member of a yakuza criminal organization.

Police say the 57-year-old was the initial supplier of the drugs, with the 17-year-old acting as a middleman. The six Kochi high schoolers became acquainted with the 17-year-old at concerts and music events that took place in the spring and summer of 2017, purchasing the drug from him multiple times. The six boys kept the drugs they purchased in their homes, and are suspected of further distributing it to others, although whether they sold it or gave it away is unclear.

Investigators also say that the 57-year-old supplier would mail his shipments to Ehime with the packages addressed to the 17-year-old’s father, which suggests that he also may have been complacent with the operation.

During questioning, the six Kochi boys described their motivation as “We wanted to be like foreign musicians, and so we smoked weed.”

While the popular music scene outside Japan is much more open and accepting of drug use than the J-pop sphere, it’s still a little surprising that the teens would skip over the whole playing instruments/singing aspect of being a musician and jump straight to the party/get high part. You could call it an immaturely simplistic interpretation of the recording star lifestyle, but that same immaturity also allowed them to escape adult-level criminal charges, though the Kochi kids are now all on probation, and their 17-year-old hookup has been sent to reform school.

visit this link https://soranews24.com/20 .. ign-musicians/
LA Reedz and 5 others gave props

234 comments for "May 14 - Japanese teens busted for marijuana, say “We wanted to be like foreign musicians”"
 3 months ago '13        #2
Speed9402 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,856 | Props total: 5369 5369
Japan is weird with drugs. They classify all them as bad, doesn't matter if it was weed or heroin.
TheLastNonEarth and 5 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #3
suavehooper 374 heat pts374
space
space
space
$6,317 | Props total: 17668 17668
 Speed9402 said:
Japan is weird with drugs. They classify all them as bad, doesn't matter if it was weed or heroin.
its just as weird here in the US.

When people says "alcohol and drugs" I CRINGE.

Like have you really been brainwashed so bad that you don't realize Alcohol is actually one of the WORST drugs available to mankind?
BLACK FIST and 108 others gave props

allies slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #4
Ron Swanson 171 heat pts171
space
space
$35,908 | Props total: 41353 41353
when u do dumb sh*t expect to pay the price eventually... their reasoning for doing it was just stupid lol seriously
Aztlan gave props

3 months ago '14        #5
Comicsnow 114 heat pts114
space
space
$2,629 | Props total: 10647 10647
 Speed9402 said:
and weed is a schedule 1.... the exact same concept

just not as harshly enforced if you the right skin tone
S U P R E M E and 20 others gave props

3 months ago '13        #6
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$13,623 | Props total: 20503 20503
 suavehooper said:
its just as weird here in the US.

When people says "alcohol and drugs" I CRINGE.

Like have you really been brainwashed so bad that you don't realize Alcohol is actually one of the WORST drugs available to mankind?
Worst available to mankind though fam?
TOPCAT88 and 16 others gave props

the_malicious and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #7
FreeSmoke 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,495 | Props total: 8065 8065
Alcohol & cigarettes cause more damage to your body than legit Marijuana

1 cures cancer - 2 causes cancer

Now ...

Which one is legal to buy in your local corner shop and which isn't
SmoothTay and 23 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #8
kingjappyjoe 
space
space
space
$7,610 | Props total: 9079 9079
fu*k the police
Lonny Breaux and 3 others gave props

3 months ago '11        #9
DRAGONFLY JONES 132 heat pts132
space
space
$9,454 | Props total: 4871 4871
 SimpinAintEz said:
He's not lying
g lobo and 9 others gave props

vinceisallin and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '13        #10
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 DRAGONFLY JONES said:
He's not lying
Didn't say he was lying, he's just not accurate. So you're telling me you can't think of any drug worse than alcohol? Worst than crack, heroin, or opioids?
vinceisallin and 3 others gave props

g lobo and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '15        #11
space
space
space
 SimpinAintEz said:
Yes you brainwashed idiot.

Alcohol is one of the leading causes on non natural death on earth.

How can you be this stupid?

Alcohol has wiped out billions upon billions of human lives just like drugs like meth etc...

Alcohol is one of the most body damaging, brain damaging, life endangering drugs on earth.

I honestly think the government made it legal as a form of population control
dutchmasterr and 12 others gave props

SimpinAintEz and 13 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #12
Hater 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,594 | Props total: 10242 10242
so who's at fault here?
the Japanese gov or the Japanese rappers mimicking?
Aztlan gave props

3 months ago '13        #13
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 suavehooper said:

Alcohol has wiped out billions upon billions of human lives just like drugs like meth etc...

Alcohol is one of the most body damaging, brain damaging, life endangering drugs on earth.

So you can't get your point across without childish name calling? Alcohol can be damaging if abused sure but your "billions upon billions" figure for deaths is a bit of an exxageration.

If we're simply speaking of the damage that the drug can do to the body, there's not many people dying from one can of beer or a single shot. Yet there's plenty dead off their first shot of heroin.

The only reason alcohol has higher numbers of a.ssociated death is because of its legal availability. If coke or heroin was legal to the masses, I'd shutter to think about the body count.
PaperBoy971 and 21 others gave props

Stand Tall and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '10        #14
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 4733 4733
 suavehooper said:

Relax. Insulting ppl doesn't help get your point across
TOPCAT88 and 16 others gave props

antihero95 slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #15
YeahSo 
space
space
space
$83 | Props total: 208 208
 SimpinAintEz said:
He said "ONE of the worst available", not THE worst available. Completely different. People like you are the reason Kanye is quoted as saying "slavery was a choice".
cabeast93 and 4 others gave props

SimpinAintEz and 6 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '15        #16
space
space
space
 YeahSo said:
He said "ONE of the worst available", not THE worst available. Completely different. People like you are the reason Kanye is quoted as saying "slavery was a choice".
EXACTLY, dude gonna quote my post when he can he comprehend simple english
Stand Tall and 1 others gave props

SimpinAintEz and 3 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '13        #17
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 YeahSo said:
People like me know that Kanye said slavery "sounds like a choice to me", which is effectively the same as stating slavery was a choice.

You're correct, ONE of the worst is different from THE worst. I totally missed that small but important word. sh*t happens and I'll humbily accept the L for it. If dude spent less time calling me all kinds of idiot/ brainwashed and took a second to point that out, I would have realized it a lot sooner.

I still stand by the fact that alcohol's deadly effects is mostly due to its legal availability and widespread acceptance in society. If the harder drugs were legal, I have no doubt the body counts would be higher from the use of them.

Last edited by SimpinAintEz; 05-16-2018 at 09:42 AM..
C. Wat and 14 others gave props

Stand Tall slapped this ish

3 months ago '15        #18
Shmoedog 
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 6011 6011
Japan just doesn't want it's population dumbed down, they wanna maintain thier high IQ population that's all.
CALL AGAIN and 6 others gave props

JimDinO77 and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '13        #19
Boss870 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,616 | Props total: 695 695
 SimpinAintEz said:
People like me know that Kanye said slavery "sounds like a choice to me", which is effectively the same as stating slavery was a choice.

You're correct, ONE of the worst is different from THE worst. I totally missed that small but important word. sh*t happens and I'll humbily the L for it. If dude spent less time calling me all kinds of idiot/ brainwashed and took a second to point that out, I would have realized it a lot sooner.

I still stand by the fact that alcohol's deadly effects is mostly due to its legal availability and widespread acceptance in society. If the harder drugs were legal, I have no doubt the body counts would be higher from the use of them.
they bodied you
Stand Tall and 1 others gave props

SimpinAintEz and 3 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '15        #20
Brewklyner 40 heat pts40
space
space
$4,118 | Props total: 7601 7601
 SimpinAintEz said:

You're correct, ONE of the worst is different from THE worst. I totally missed that small but important word. sh*t happens and I'll humbily the L for it. If dude spent less time calling me all kinds of idiot/ brainwashed and took a second to point that out, I would have realized it a lot sooner.

Yes ur right. Its easy to abuse what is legal.
Aztlan gave props

Home      

top in section
59 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
6 comments
top in wild'ish
most viewed right now
67 comments
top in thotties

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Toooooo thick????
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside What income percentile are you for your age?
224 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Iraq got their own version of Amber Rose, and she BAAAAAAAD!
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tiffany Haddish Exposed
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Angela Yee gets one of her dogs stolen
126 comments
2 days ago