Verizon stealthily launched a startup offering $40-per-month unlimited data, messaging an

most viewed right now
The pyramids were what?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Damn Pusha T really aint gone respond.
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj hating on Cardi B and Offsets love?
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '17        #1
3353 pageviews
43 comments

Enigmatic1 310 heat pts310
space
space
$2,489 | Props total: 11572 11572
Verizon stealthily launched a startup offering $40-per-month unlimited data, messaging an

Earlier this year, Verizon quietly launched a new startup called Visible, offering unlimited data, minutes, and messaging services for the low, low price of $40.

To subscribe for the service, users simply download the Visible app (currently available only on iOS) and register. Right now, subscriptions are invitation only and would-be subscribers have to get an invitation from someone who’s already a current Visible member.

Once registration is complete, Visible will send a sim card the next day, and, once installed, a user can access Verizon’s 4G LTE network to stream videos, send texts, and make calls as much as their heart desires.

Visible says there’s no throttling at the end of the month and subscribers can pay using internet-based payment services like PayPal and Venmo (which is owned by PayPal).

The service is only available on unlocked devices — and right now, pretty much only to iPhone users.

“This is something that’s been the seed of an idea for a year or so,” says Minjae Ormes, head of marketing at Visible. “There’s a core group of people from the strategy side. There’s a core group of five or ten people who came up with the idea.”

The company wouldn’t say how much Verizon gave to the business to get it off the ground, but the leadership team is comprised mostly of former employees, like Miguel Quiroga the company’s chief executive.

“The way I would think about it.. we are a phone service in the platform that enables everything that you do. The way we launched and the app messaging piece of it. You do everything else on your phone and a lot of time if you ask people your phone is your life,” said Ormes. The thinking was, “let’s give you a phone that you can activate right from your phone and get ready to go and see how it resonates.”

It’s an interesting move from our corporate overlord (Verizon owns Oath, which owns TechCrunch), which is already the top dog in wireless services, with some 150 million subscribers compared with AT&T’s 141.6 million and a soon-to-be-combined Sprint and T-Mobile subscriber base of 126.2 million.

For Verizon, the new company is likely about holding off attrition. The company shed 24,000 postpaid phone connections in the last quarter, according to The Wall Street Journal, which put some pressure on its customer base (but not really all that much).

Mobile telecommunications remain at the core of Verizon’s business plans for the future, even as other carriers like AT&T look to dive deeper into content (while Go90 has been a flop, Verizon hasn’t given up on content plans entirely). The acquisition of Oath added about $1.2 billion in brand revenue (?) to Verizon for the last quarter, but it’s not anywhere near the kind of media juggernaut that AT&T would get through the TimeWarner acquisition.

Verizon seems to be looking to its other mobile services, through connected devices, industrial equipment, autonomous vehicles, and the development of its 5G network for future growth.

Every wireless carrier is pushing hard to develop 5G technologies, which should see nationwide rollout by the end of this year. Verizon recently completed its 11 city trial-run and is banking on expansion of the network’s capabilities to drive new services.

As the Motely Fool noted, all of this comes as Verizon adds new networking capabilities for industrial and commercial applications through its Verizon Connect division — formed in part from the $2.4 billion acquisition of Fleetmatics, that Verizon bought in 2016 along with Telogis, Sensity Systems, and LQD Wifi to beef up its mobile device connectivity services.

Meanwhile, upstart entrants to challenge big wireless carriers are coming from all quarters. In 2015, Google launched its own wireless service, Project Fi, to compete with traditional carriers and Business Insider just covered another would-be wireless warrior, Wing .

Founded by the team that created the media site Elite Daily, Wing uses Sprint cell-phone towers to deliver its service.

David Arabov and co-founder Jonathan Francis didn’t take long after taking a $26 million payout for their previous business before getting right back into the startup fray. Unlike Visible, Wing isn’t a one-size-fits-all plan and it’s a much more traditional MVNO. The company has a range of plans starting at $17 for a flip-phone and increasing to an unlimited plan at $27 per month, according to the company’s website.

As carriers continue to face complaints over service fees, locked in contracts, and terrible options, new options are bound to emerge. In this instance, it looks like Verizon is trying to make itself into one of those carriers.
hot topic and 6 others gave props

43 comments for "Verizon stealthily launched a startup offering $40-per-month unlimited data, messaging an"

2 weeks ago '06        #2
1OverJordan24 236 heat pts236
space
space
$4,180 | Props total: 2702 2702
I might get on this
Shhon gave props

2 weeks ago '10        #3
Shhon 864 heat pts864
space
space
$19,663 | Props total: 24527 24527
Di Warlord and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Its 
space
space
space
$456 | Props total: 650 650
I pay Verizon 140 a month
Wtf
500nd59 and 22 others gave props

2 weeks ago '18        #5
500nd59 
space
space
space
$134 | Props total: 584 584
So they on sum I got the hook the up shyt lol taxing they loyal fan base... That like finding out yo plug been serving Ps to the nighaz on the other side of town for 18 but u been paying 25 and u been fuccn with that nigha since 08 lol

HB67 and 51 others gave props

2 weeks ago '10        #6
dude hustles 
space
space
$829 | Props total: 1340 1340
Who got a access code
Shhon gave props

2 weeks ago '05        #7
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,709 | Props total: 4610 4610
Been getting unlimited everything for $50 a month the past few years. I might fu*k with this if it comes to Android. I always missed that superior Verizon call and data quality but I didn't like paying that 80-100+ a month for it.
1OverJordan24 and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #8
JacobWatch 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$637 | Props total: 2596 2596
Somebody find a code on reddit so Bx can eat!
Di Warlord and 7 others gave props

2 weeks ago '04        #9
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,684 | Props total: 2060 2060
Damn, I just switched to Android last year...

KobeThompson and 1 others gave props

2 weeks ago '18        #10
Gang Sht 114 heat pts114
space
space
$2,617 | Props total: 6592 6592
AT&T $75
Codeine86 and 1 others gave props

2 weeks ago '14        #11
Sphynx 159 heat pts159
space
space
$8,072 | Props total: 24487 24487
Feds
arms and 7 others gave props

ChrisPartlowFro and 1 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '17        #12
arms 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$758 | Props total: 3391 3391
 Sphynx said:
Feds
Qoner and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #13
Congratulations 
space
space
space
$118 | Props total: 139 139
I need an invite code ASAP
216atlran and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '15        #14
216atlran 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 3541 3541
Yeah I'm on it
 2 weeks ago '05        #15
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,044 | Props total: 2926 2926
Might throw this on my old iphone to see whats good.
Mr Scaramucci gave props

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Icee 34 heat pts34
space
space
$12,326 | Props total: 6974 6974
I Need an invite code, pm me.
 2 weeks ago '12        #17
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 12437 12437
send me that invite too anyone if you can
Shhon gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #18
SlumzGod 16 heat pts16
space
space
$581 | Props total: 2315 2315
0abfa

UNIVERSAL ACCESS CODE ANYONE CAN USE

You’re welcome

@ @ @ @ @ @

Last edited by SlumzGod; 05-12-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Mr Scaramucci and 7 others gave props

virusrev slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '06        #19
fabfob 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,515 | Props total: 482 482
It’s unlimited data but speeds up to 5 Mbps. Pretty much a startup to compete with the prepaid guys. Boost, cricket
ChrisPartlowFro and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '06        #20
NYC-Banga 113 heat pts113
space
space
$13,686 | Props total: 4280 4280
tried signing up but it keeps saying

"Your phone company says that the account number is invalid. Give them a call, we'll be here when you get back."

when i know its correct
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
269 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 25 - Rachel Dolezal faces 15 yrs in prison if convicted of felony ..
49 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Reboot your router
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside J Prince says a rogue DEA hitman was contracted to kill him!
81 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Drake- I’m Upset
425 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy