May 9 - baristas play young dolph "get paid" - get fired after being snitched on

most viewed right now
+29  85
35 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '09        #1
3260 page views
85 comments

messy marv stan 5200 heat pts5200
space
space
$70,470 | Props total: 114623 114623
May 9 - baristas play young dolph "get paid" - get fired after being snitched on

visit this link http://people.com/human-i .. red-rap-music/

Two baristas at a Duke University coffee shop were asked to resign from their positions on Monday after a school official complained about rap music played at the location — and allegedly called for their termination, according to reports.

Britni Brown and Kevin Simmons were working at Joe Van Gogh in Durham, North Carolina, on Friday when Larry Moneta, Duke’s vice president of student affairs, entered and ordered, Indy Week reported. Young Dolph’s 2016 rap song “Get Paid” was playing over the speaker, and Moneta immediately approached Brown at the register to complain, according to the site.

“Harassing is definitely the word I would use,” Simmons claimed to Indy Week. “He was verbally harassing her.”

Brown immediately turned off the song — which features numerous expletives — and apologized repeatedly, but the damage had already been done, Indy Week reported. About 10 minutes later, Brown reportedly received a call from the shop’s owner, saying that Robert Coffey, executive director of dining services, had called about the rap song, according to the outlet.

In a Monday meeting with Amanda Wiley, of Joe Van Gogh’s human resources department, Brown and Simmons were let go. “Duke University has instructed us to terminate the employees that were working that day,” Wiley said, according to Indy Week.

Wiley offered the pair the option to resign, the outlet reported. It is unclear whether Brown and Simmons took the offer.

Neither Moneta nor Coffey immediately responded to a request for comment from PEOPLE. Joe Van Gogh also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

However, in an email statement to The Duke Chronicle, Moneta said the decision to terminate the employees’ contracts was made by the coffee shop’s management. He said he was shocked to hear lyrics that he “found quite inappropriate for a working environment that serves children among others.”

“I expressed my objections to the staff with whom I’ve always had a cordial relationship. I insisted on paying for my purchase and left the store,” he continued in the statement. “I then contacted the director of Duke Dining to express my concerns and that was the end of my involvement.”

Brown and other employees at the coffee shop have told Indy Week that they were not aware of any store policies regarding music. Managers and other employees at the shop told Indy Week that neither Brown nor Simmons had any record of workplace misconduct.

In the past, Moneta has opposed efforts to restrict hate speech. Brown, a black woman, suggested to Wiley that her termination was partially motivated by her race, according to Indy Week. She said that firing Simmons, a white man, despite his lack of involvement, was simply an effort to hide any discrimination.

“For [Simmons] to be fired because of this, it is not fair,” Brown told Wiley. “I feel like you guys were trying to cover it up as to make it not look discriminatory for firing a person of color.”

85 comments for "May 9 - baristas play young dolph "get paid" - get fired after being snitched on"

11 months ago '15        #2
S U P R E M E 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 2855 2855
Whats new?

11 months ago '15        #3
gemini8686 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,399 | Props total: 7162 7162
got fired for playing that wack sh*t. nobody trying to hear that. its like these young dumb n*ggas on here trying to make chief keef and durk happen. give it up

11 months ago '11        #4
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,402 | Props total: 7532 7532
some people just love reporting sh*t.

11 months ago '17        #5
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,141 | Props total: 46204 46204
No disciplinary actions or reprimands? Someone was out to get them fired. Sure I hate this corn ball pop hop but I'd just ask them not to play it and if I was their manager I'd give them a warning. Nobody was hurt and notthing of value was lost. This was stupid.

11 months ago '04        #6
1000bluntz 
space
space
$19,756 | Props total: 20764 20764
"I got fired today."

"Wtf why?!"

"Young Dolph..."

11 months ago '16        #7
foshoVoodoo 248 heat pts248
space
space
$14,990 | Props total: 35226 35226
I guess Starbucks aint enough we have to boycott all coffee shops

11 months ago '11        #8
Sin 1927 heat pts1927
space
space
$28,883 | Props total: 84291 84291
 Naga Sadow said
No disciplinary actions or reprimands? Someone was out to get them fired. Sure I hate this corn ball pop hop but I'd just ask them not to play it and if I was their manager I'd give them a warning. Nobody was hurt and notthing of value was lost. This was stupid.
I’ve never heard of anyone being fired without any prior warning or violations and not violating any store policy

One incident shouldn’t cost you a job

Top 10 most slapped recently  11 months ago '04        #9
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
$48,492 | Props total: 51941 51941
In what business in the professional world do u think its ok to play music or play music witn swear words especially customer service jobs dam thats one dumb motherfu*ker he deserves to be canned . Hopefully hell learn his lesson and move on to a better job. I swear i stopped listening to rap music because the sh*t was making me dumber every time i listened to these new songs. Kids sto poisoning your brain with stuff that isnt going to make u better. Think about it u constantly putting stuff in your brain that will not better you at all then the executives wanna tell u its called your culture. Haha sounds like a fukin sham to me

Last edited by dc3003; 05-10-2018 at 07:03 AM..

11 months ago '05        #10
Based_One 89 heat pts89
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 11481 11481
They should have just played the clean version but its still overboard to fire them over this once incident.

11 months ago '12        #11
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,663 | Props total: 48164 48164
The guys hair in the first pic looks like its infested with spiders or some sh*t

11 months ago '05        #12
OG T Gutta N 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,185 | Props total: 4229 4229
 Sin said
I’ve never heard of anyone being fired without any prior warning or violations and not violating any store policy

NC is an at will state , meaning you can be fired lawfully for any reason that is not outlined in terms of employment contract or against law.

Dont nobody give a fu*k about "fair"

11 months ago '11        #13
Sin 1927 heat pts1927
space
space
$28,883 | Props total: 84291 84291
 OG T Gutta N said
NC is an at will state , meaning you can be fired lawfully for any reason that is not outlined in terms of employment contract or against law.

Dont nobody give a fu*k about "fair"
That’s fu*ked up, people should be given a chance to correct themselves before being fired

11 months ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,141 | Props total: 46204 46204
 Sin said

Welcome to NC, a right to work state. You don't need a warning or even a reason to be fired here.

11 months ago '05        #15
Ron Swanson 339 heat pts339
space
space
$42,194 | Props total: 54616 54616
i pulled up to to a Dutch Brothers to get an energy drink from them and it was a bunch of kids working there but they had on some Pac so i tossed em a few extra bucks for the tip and gave em the

11 months ago '11        #16
Kooper 240 heat pts240
space
space
$26,292 | Props total: 10823 10823
 two-face said
In what business in the professional world do u think its ok to play music or play music witn swear words especially customer service jobs dam thats one dumb motherfu*ker he deserves to be canned . Hopefully hell learn his lesson and move on to a better job. I swear i stopped listening to rap music because the sh*t was making me dumber every time i listened to these new songs. Kids sto poisoning your brain with stuff that isnt going to make u better. Think about it u constantly putting stuff in your brain that will not better you at all then the executives wanna tell u its called your culture. Haha sounds like a fukin sham to me

n*gga shut up.

"Oh no I can't listen to swear words they make me dumb"

You're the same n*gga who would blame Marilyn Manson on your kids smashing puppies in the back yard with rocks

impressionable fu*k boy.

11 months ago '14        #17
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,591 | Props total: 20519 20519
Ive walked into retail businesses and they had the humpty dance playing all nonchalant, sh*ts hilariously innappropriate for familys shopping

This particular incident seems more like a write up, not like college kids are easily offended by some party music

Last edited by Ivorypillars; 05-10-2018 at 11:08 AM..

11 months ago '14        #18
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,591 | Props total: 20519 20519
”found quite inappropriate for a working environment that serves children among others.”
Bullsh*t

Top 10 most slapped recently  11 months ago '04        #19
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Kooper said

n*gga shut up.

"Oh no I can't listen to swear words they make me dumb"

You're the same n*gga who would blame Marilyn Manson on your kids smashing puppies in the back yard with rocks

impressionable fu*k boy.
I dont listen to music and i tell my workers dont disturb people in a professional setting. Say for example i work at a apartment complex and we going from apartment to apartment one worker was walking around with a apeaker in his pocket blasting cuss words. I said people dont pay thousand dollars month rent to live here to be bothered with what u want to listen to. Turn the sh*t off or go hoe

11 months ago '04        #20
ATLDOPEBOI30 76 heat pts76
space
space
$34,801 | Props total: 9401 9401
 Ivorypillars said
Ive walked into retail businesses and they had the humpty dance playing all nonchalant, sh*ts hilariously innappropriate for familys shopping

This particular incident seems more like a write up, not like college kids are easily offended by some party music
The song is in a commercial and just saw a dam car commerical yesterday playing back that a*s up. It's only ok when certain folks do this sh*t though so

11 months ago '11        #21
Kooper 240 heat pts240
space
space
$26,292 | Props total: 10823 10823
 two-face said
I dont listen to music and i tell my workers dont disturb people in a professional setting. Say for example i work at a apartment complex and we going from apartment to apartment one worker was walking around with a apeaker in his pocket blasting cuss words. I said people dont pay thousand dollars month rent to live here to be bothered with what u want to listen to. Turn the sh*t off or go hoe
Baristas at starbucks can play Starbucks playlist music or their own music.

this female I know works at one and they play whatever they want to play, just an up tight fu*kboy with nothing better to do decided to make a phone call because he heard n*gga a couple of times while ordering his green tea.

could've been uncomfortable or 2 mins and went on about his day, but he went out of his way to call the owner to get two kids who are probably paying their way through college fired.

and blasting music while doing walk through's is completely different than playing your music at a starbucks.

not even sure why you tried to juxtapose the two.

Top 10 most slapped recently  11 months ago '04        #22
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Kooper said
Baristas at starbucks can play Starbucks playlist music or their own music.

this female I know works at one and they play whatever they want to play, just an up tight fu*kboy with nothing better to do decided to make a phone call because he heard n*gga a couple of times while ordering his green tea.

could've been uncomfortable or 2 mins and went on about his day, but he went out of his way to call the owner to get two kids who are probably paying their way through college fired.

and blasting music while doing walk through's is completely different than playing your music at a starbucks.

not even sure why you tried to juxtapose the two.

Ive never been to starbucks but i can see from a professional standpoint how playing music with cuss words can get u terminated.

Let me ask u this , if that employee cussed in front of the customers could he get terminated ?

11 months ago '15        #23
YourGod 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 5718 5718
I;ve met a few ppl who thinks it's ok to play "vulgar" music in inappropriate settings. No sense of discernment.

11 months ago '06        #24
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,022 | Props total: 4651 4651
I ain’t mad in what world can you play this sh*t at a coffee shop not clean
I showed her a Xanax, she hurried up and took
I fu*ked her so good, she got up and started cooking
Double R, parked in my motherfu*king front yard
Trap jumping like the motherfu*king Million Man March
If she ain't got a fat a*s, the she can't get up in this car
I can tell if that a*s real or fake by how she walk

11 months ago '15        #25
RIPrjacks23 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,581 | Props total: 5838 5838
 two-face said
If you a grown man and can't listen to music without being a dummy, the music isn't the problem. Some rap is infact poison for children and the youth, so is Sponge Bob, Teen Titans Go and a whole lot of other music that isn't rap...but execs tell you, its your culture..sham indeed. That said, it's not appropriate to play heavily explicit music at work unless it's closing time, and you cleaning up. A warning would have been in order, he likely called for their jobs on a power trip partially fueld by his racism, rap, plus black girl, with white boy wing man been making dear ol dad mad since '91..

Last edited by RIPrjacks23; 05-10-2018 at 02:28 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
+46online now  26
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
63 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+39online now  21
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
205 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+41online now  18
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
141 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  18
NBA Lonzo Ball, younger brothers 'appear to be estranged' from LaVar
135 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy