Ford revives Cobra Jet Mustang, says it's the quickest pony yet

most viewed right now
98 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

9 months ago '13        #1
1882 page views
24 comments

marietta92 26 heat pts26
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 13323 13323
Ford revives Cobra Jet Mustang, says it's the quickest pony yet

Ford says the Mustang Cobra Jet will run a quarter mile in the mid-8-second range.
by Donovan Farnham April 18, 2018 12:08 PM PDT

Ford will revive its legendary Cobra Jet Mustang for its 50th birthday, and the company promises it'll be the quickest straight-line pony so far.

The new 2018 Cobra Jet will pack a 5.2-liter Coyote V8 and be capable of running a quarter-mile sprint in the mid-8-second range, hitting 150 mph in the process.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, like other recent Cobra Jet models, this car is not expected to be street legal.

However, since this is a commemorative nostalgia machine and turnkey racer, it'll come with a four-link suspension, 9-inch solid rear axle, NHRA-ready roll cage, drag racing coil-over suspension and plenty of 50th anniversary badging, so everyone knows what you bought.

If you plan on picking one up, you'd best hurry. Ford will only make 68 cars in total, and they'll be available in either race red or Oxford white, which is definitely the one you should pick.

The company previously announced the Mustang would replace the Fusion in NASCAR's Monster Energy Cup Series in 2019.

Price wasn't made available at the time of publishing for the 2018 Cobra Jet, but the car will release sometime this summer when we're sure to see a mess-load of videos of it going head-to-head with the nearest Dodge Challenger Demon.
visit this link https://www.cnet.com/road .. ang-cobra-jet/

24 comments for "Ford revives Cobra Jet Mustang, says it's the quickest pony yet"

9 months ago '13        #2
3nl1ght3ned 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,482 | Props total: 6587 6587
These companies don't know when to stop

9 months ago '18        #3
LuxuriousGreen 
space
space
space
$333 | Props total: 693 693

9 months ago '15        #4
Maxbcline 
space
space
space
$1,500 | Props total: 5600 5600
Lame. Buy a gt and build your race car like a man

9 months ago '15        #5
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,095 | Props total: 17550 17550
Good thing it’s not street legal, YouTube “idiot finds out cobra bites back”

9 months ago '05        #6
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,689 | Props total: 4616 4616
 Maxbcline said
This x100. And dont spend nearly as much as you gonna pay for this car.

9 months ago '11        #7
tonio25 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,199 | Props total: 9103 9103
 Daddy Black said
This x100. And dont spend nearly as much as you gonna pay for this car.
Your right but this car is an investment not a driver

9 months ago '11        #8
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,462 | Props total: 848 848
not saying i would ever buy it, but to each his own. Car sounds hellacious

8 months ago '04        #9
franchise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 1010 1010
 Maxbcline said
You not building an NHRA car out of a GT.

Either you didnt read or you dont know what the words in the article mean about cars.

8 months ago '04        #10
nature 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 87 87
ta fu*k you mean ?! people build drag cars just as quick and even quicker all the time fool....eSPECIALLY MUSTANGS BRUH....

8 months ago '04        #11
franchise 62 heat pts62
space
space
 nature said
ta fu*k you mean ?! people build drag cars just as quick and even quicker all the time fool....eSPECIALLY MUSTANGS BRUH....
Oh yeah? Damn all the time just a bunch of 8 second cars all around us.

How many you got? How many passes have you hit?

Yall right. Why should car companies do anything dope at all.

Who would want an 8 second car from the factory when any bxer can just build them out of any car apparently.

8 months ago '04        #12
qutaboi225 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 10582 10582
 nature said
Receipts. Didnt know 8 second investment cars were so plentiful. Enlighten us

8 months ago '17        #13
Rich130 109 heat pts109
space
space
$2,798 | Props total: 7824 7824
GT350R and I’m straight

8 months ago '04        #14
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$19,891 | Props total: 3085 3085
 franchise said

Who would want an 8 second car from the factory when any bxer can just build them out of any car apparently.
Lmaoo

8 months ago '15        #15
liquidzero 
space
space
$781 | Props total: 4538 4538
It would take (at least) a cool 50 grand to build one of the new gen GTs into a 8 second pony (properly) and thats only if you do most of the work yourself.

If you just hand a shop your car you're looking at about 75-100 depending on the set up.

8 months ago '15        #16
ChoAssUp 77 heat pts77
space
space
$16,316 | Props total: 38183 38183
I forgot what speed shop it was but there's an 2018 GT with nothing but a twin turbo kit from Hellion I think (motor has not been opened up at all) and it ran an 8.99 in the 1/4. With the new 10 speed auto. fu*king crazy. The new 5.0 is a beast of an engine. An intake, exhaust and tune can put you right over the 500 wheel horsepower mark. I want one so fu*king bad

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by ChoAssUp; 05-16-2018 at 01:06 AM..

8 months ago '15        #17
liquidzero 
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
I forgot what speed shop it was but there's an 2018 GT with nothing but a twin turbo kit from Hellion I think (motor has not been opened up at all) and it ran an 8.99 in the 1/4. With the new 10 speed auto. fu*king crazy. The new 5.0 is a beast of an engine. An intake, exhaust and tune can put you right over the 500 wheel horsepower mark. I want one so fu*king bad

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Its possible.. youll need around 1100hp

But...

Its probably not a good idea to iust slap two 50/60 trim turbos to a factory car and boost it that high unless the internals are completely forged and everything is accordingly built to handle it, unless of course, you dont give a fu*k about that motor. Even on a conservative boost setup youre talking a few runs at the track and a few pulls and that engine is done.

I wouldnt go over 700 wheel hp on a factory bottom end regardless of what the manufacturers imply its capable of withstanding (specially FORD). Trust me, been down that road twice.

Its all fun runs until you spin a rod or blow a head and your motor is knocking and youre out of pocket 10- 15k for something which could have easily been prevented.

8 months ago '15        #18
ChoAssUp 77 heat pts77
space
space
$16,316 | Props total: 38183 38183
 liquidzero said

But...

Its probably not a good idea to iust slap two 50/60 trim turbos to a factory car and boost it that high unless the internals are completely forged and everything is accordingly built to handle it, unless of course, you dont give a fu*k about that motor. Even on a conservative boost setup youre talking a few runs at the track and a few pulls and that engine is done.

I wouldnt go over 700 wheel hp on a factory bottom end regardless of what the manufacturers imply its capable of withstanding (specially FORD). Trust me, been down that road twice.

Its all fun runs until you spin a rod or blow a head and your motor is knocking and youre out of pocket 10- 15k for something which could have easily been prevented.
The car is still very new, they're just doing R&D trying to find the weak points in the drivetrain I'm sure.

8 months ago '10        #19
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,534 | Props total: 1865 1865
 franchise said

Why are you that mad at a guy who thinks a car should be put together instead of bought? Especially when what he said is super common amongst people who take the time to put cars together or hope to one day. Buy the stang let him build what he wants and y’all race.

8 months ago '04        #20
franchise 62 heat pts62
space
space
 liquidzero said

But...

you just run around making shiit up wherever huh?

you dont spin rods - smh.

and a blown head doesnt make your engine knock - smh.

you've been googling car forums or something but dunno what any of it means lol....

the car he posted about was a 900hp car with stock internals.

especially ford? all ford blocks or internals are the same? stick to ur bus pass while you youtube cool cars to come make shiit up on bx.

8 months ago '04        #21
franchise 62 heat pts62
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
The car is still very new, they're just doing R&D trying to find the weak points in the drivetrain I'm sure.
that dude you posted has been building/tuning cars for a minute. the 1 you posted he lost in floods. he has since built a ~1500hp car.

8 months ago '15        #22
liquidzero 
space
space
 franchise said
you just run around making shiit up wherever huh?

you dont spin rods - smh.

and a blown head doesnt make your engine knock - smh.

you've been googling car forums or something but dunno what any of it means lol....

the car he posted about was a 900hp car with stock internals.

especially ford? all ford blocks or internals are the same? stick to ur bus pass while you youtube cool cars to come make shiit up on bx.

Please miss me with your invalid "automotive peoples" references.

I spun a rod bearing and got a engine knock. But i guess youre right. My bad.

Also

[pic - click to view]

900rwhp handbuilt monster sitting in my driveway home slice. What you rolling in? Your moms corolla?

Last edited by liquidzero; 05-17-2018 at 10:35 AM..

8 months ago '15        #23
liquidzero 
space
space
Franchise unable to control his anger after a grueling 14 hour day working at his uncles farm just to make $42 then only to Come home to his mom and dads basement to play need for speed and slap the Gods posts.

8 months ago '04        #24
franchise 62 heat pts62
space
space
good job googling the correct part that you "spun".

8 months ago '15        #25
liquidzero 
space
space
 franchise said
good job googling the correct part that you "spun".

You wouldnt know anything about that would you frank?

Nothing wrong with pushing a Toyota. Reliable cars man. Hit me up if you need some work done. Ill plug you w that bx membership discount.

Home      

most viewed right now
+70online now  47
Image(s) inside Wholesale LEGAL weed. ( Cali Niggas get in here!)
230 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  47
Image(s) inside Jan 14 - Aliens Are (Probably) Real, Folks
169 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+147online now  41
Image(s) inside Phat Asian Ass
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+23online now  35
Image(s) inside They made a Crackhead Appreciation Thread💀💀
51 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Image(s) inside this what rapper tin food looks like
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+166online now  16
T.I. buys his hood and turns into a affordable middle class neiborhood!
183 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  15
Article inside A boogie wit da hoodie #1 Album, 823 physical copies sold
186 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-125online now  9
Image(s) inside SMH: Kehlani Agree That IF YOU Like WOMEN You Should LIKE TRANNIES JUS..
256 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy