Apr 16 - Billionaire GOP Donor: I’m Using My Tax-Cut Money To Help Elect Democrats

most viewed right now
BET’s Mancave #dope
11 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Biggest opening week album sales in Hip Hop history (700k and up)
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
But but but Nicki is done
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside VENOM - Official Trailer & Poster
144 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '07        #1
108 pageviews
2 comments

iswerve 137 heat pts137
space
space
$5,087 | Props total: 8417 8417
Apr 16 - Billionaire GOP Donor: I’m Using My Tax-Cut Money To Help Elect Democrats

“For the good of the country, the Democrats must take back one or both houses of Congress.”

[pic - click to view]

A major GOP donor is jumping ship and now he’s contributing to Democratic candidates in hopes of flipping the House of Representatives and/or the Senate in this year’s midterm elections.

Seth Klarman, the billionaire CEO of the Baupost Group who the Economist once dubbed “The Oracle of Boston,” called out Republicans for failing to keep President Donald Trump in check.

“The Republicans in Congress have failed to hold the president accountable and have abandoned their historic beliefs and values,” Klarman told the Boston Globe. “For the good of the country, the Democrats must take back one or both houses of Congress.”

Klarman, an independent who donated more than $7 million to GOP candidates during the presidency of Barack Obama, has now cut checks to Democrats in 56 House races and 22 Senate elections, the newspaper reported.

“I received a tax cut I neither need nor want. I’m choosing to invest it to f!ght the administration’s flawed policies and to elect Democrats to the Senate and House of Representatives,” Klarman said.
Klarman also donated $2 million to nonprofits backing core Democratic issues, including gun control and the environment, the Globe reported.

Last year, Klarman described Trump as a “threat to democracy,” per audio obtained by New York magazine. He also warned against Trump’s protectionist agenda in a letter to his investors, saying such policies “not only don’t work, they actually leave society worse off,” The New York Times reported.

In the same letter, he sounded the alarm about the Trump-backed tax cuts that were ultimately enacted by the Republican-led Congress.

“The Trump tax cuts could drive government deficits considerably higher,” Klarman wrote, noting that cuts in 2001 under President George W. Bush “fueled income inequality while triggering huge federal budget deficits.”

Now, he’s putting his money where his mouth is, donating his own proceeds from those cuts to work against the Republicans who enacted them.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://thehill.com/blogs/ .. ht-trump-admin
erickonasis and 1 others gave props

Iced Covfefe slapped this ish

2 comments for "Apr 16 - Billionaire GOP Donor: I’m Using My Tax-Cut Money To Help Elect Democrats"

1 week ago '12        #2
OldBusiness 164 heat pts164
space
space
$22,906 | Props total: 24599 24599
They told you those fake tax cuts were for the best interest of the people yet those would benefit from them most are telling the people that's not the way.

Yet we will have a few cucks come in happy about the extra 3 dollars in their check they traded for our countries dignity
Naga Sadow and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '17        #3
Ymmot 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,337 | Props total: 8422 8422
 OldBusiness said:
They told you those fake tax cuts were for the best interest of the people yet those would benefit from them most are telling the people that's not the way.

Yet we will have a few cucks come in happy about the extra 3 dollars in their check they traded for our countries dignity
Wages are still stagnate, guess the money really doesn't trickle down. It didn't work for Bush either...
Taree gave props

Iced Covfefe and 1 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This Man Needs A Medal! (His wife must of been near by)
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Money Mayweather blessed my time line
64 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Cops Release Prince's Death Scene Video
61 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That Weird Yoga Vegan brawd that'll have you dressing like 3 Stacks.....
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Footage of 6ix9ine talking to the police after shooting happened at bar..
208 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA well damn. Jrue put Dame’s signature shoes on the clearance section
32 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Woman catches a witch doing black magic on her porch
530 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whoa great question..what would you do??
158 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy