squad up!

Apr 15 - Calls Grow to Boycott Starbucks After Bogus Arrest of Philadelphia Black Men

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 months ago '06        #1
6685 page views
187 comments

RAZAH CUTS 6242 heat pts6242
space
space
$57,106 | Props total: 28314 28314
Apr 15 - Calls Grow to Boycott Starbucks After Bogus Arrest of Philadelphia Black Men

Calls are growing for a boycott of the Starbucks coffee shop chain after police were filmed arresting two black men waiting for a friend in a branch in Philadelphia.

Under the #BoycottStarbucks hastag on Twitter, people accused the chain’s employees of racially profiling the men, and criticised police for arresting them when they refused to leave.

Late Saturday, Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson apologised for the incident. He promised a thorough investigation of the incident caught on the now-viral video by a patron.

The men were accused of trespassing, but have said they were simply waiting for a friend before ordering.

“The video shot by customers is very hard to watch and the actions in it are not representative of our Starbucks mission and values,” Johnson said in a statement. He added, “The basis for the call to the Philadelphia police department was wrong.”

Philadelphia’s police commissioner on Saturday defended the arrest, saying his officers had to act after Starbucks employees told them the pair were trespassing.

Video of Thursday’s incident showed other patrons telling officers the pair were doing nothing wrong and appeared to have been targeted merely because of their race.

Police Commissioner Richard Ross said he knew the incident had prompted a lot of concern, but said his officers “did absolutely nothing wrong.”

In a video statement, Ross said store employees called 911 to report a disturbance and trespassing.

When officers arrived, Ross said, staff told them the two men had wanted to use the restroom but were informed it was only for paying customers. The pair repeatedly refused to leave when politely asked to do so by the employees and officers, he said.

“If you think about it logically, that if a business calls and they say that someone is here that I no longer wish to be in my business, they (the officers) now have a legal obligation to carry out their duties. And they did just that,” Ross said.

“They were professional in all their dealings with these gentlemen, and instead they got the opposite back.”

Ross said that as an African-American man he was acutely aware of implicit bias. “We are committed to fair and unbiased policing and anything less than that will not be tolerated in this department,” he said.

The two men were released, Ross said, after officers learned Starbucks was “no longer interested” in prosecuting them.

In a post on Twitter earlier on Saturday, Starbucks Corp said it was sorry for what took place.

Johnson added his apology, saying the company would review its policies and “further train our partners to better know when police a.ssistance is warranted.”

Melissa DePino, an author who posted the video of the arrest, said staff called police because the two men had not ordered anything while waiting for a friend. She said white customers were “wondering why it’s never happened to us when we do the same thing.”

Police departments across the United States have come under criticism for repeated instances of k!lling unarmed black men in recent years, which activists blame on racial biases in the criminal justice system.

visit this link https://www.alternet.org/ .. phia-black-men

187 comments for "Apr 15 - Calls Grow to Boycott Starbucks After Bogus Arrest of Philadelphia Black Men"
 5 months ago '17        #2
CJ Schwarz 64 heat pts64
space
space
$2,604 | Props total: 12459 12459
Why not a sit-in at that particular Starbucks?

5 months ago '12        #3
OldBusiness 166 heat pts166
space
space
$25,471 | Props total: 34673 34673
Get ready for other Americans to come in this thread hating Americans for exercising their right to protest.

5 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo 202 heat pts202
space
space
$13,028 | Props total: 30760 30760
bye bye kimodo dragon expressos

5 months ago '05        #5
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,493 | Props total: 3549 3549
White people not giving up No damn Starbucks

5 months ago '17        #6
arms 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,122 | Props total: 5218 5218
 CJ Schwarz said
Why not a sit-in at that particular Starbucks?

[video - click to view]

5 months ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$44,370 | Props total: 45836 45836
no more starbucks for me.... although, i didn't drink it that much.

5 months ago '17        #8
hiphop4ever 17 heat pts17
space
space
$779 | Props total: 5318 5318
Philly fu*kin up, but ima still have my tall chai lattes in the morning

5 months ago '08        #9
M 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,806 | Props total: 9172 9172
 hiphop4ever said
Philly fu*kin up, but ima still have my tall chai lattes in the morning
I rarely go to Starbucks but when I do it's usually a chai latte

5 months ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,341 | Props total: 28547 28547
Just hurt a corporation the best way you can, hurting their wallets. They'll get the message real quick when their sticks drop and they'll sing their song and dance about diversity and intolerance in hopes their stocks go back up and level off. And it's all because some bigots wanted to act.

Gotta love it.

5 months ago '14        #11
black cobra 596 heat pts596
space
space
$14,915 | Props total: 63060 63060
Never been to a Starbucks

That’s why it’s important to support black businesses it’s only a matter of time before these organizations under white supremacy do the same thing.

Boycott all them now

5 months ago '04        #12
two-face 78 heat pts78
space
space
$42,950 | Props total: 44615 44615
I dont drink coffee and never been to starbucks so im with it lol

5 months ago '04        #13
Sagat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$181 | Props total: 582 582
nobody's got this manager's information yet?

Philly stand up??

5 months ago '04        #14
D.IrIsH 347 heat pts347
space
space
$5,784 | Props total: 8455 8455
 foshoVoodoo said
bye bye kimodo dragon expressos
It's Espresso you uncivilized boar.

Boycott supported.

5 months ago '16        #15
FlyinIron 
space
space
$5,784 | Props total: 13466 13466

5 months ago '04        #16
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$19,530 | Props total: 2330 2330
they should have not been arrested.

5 months ago '05        #17
swyshasweets 
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 617 617
it didn’t happen at my local starbucks so i dont give a fu*k.... my lil girl still get her iced coffee when she want

5 months ago '11        #18
PhantomRaviolis 
space
space
$448 | Props total: 984 984
I don’t drink that bullsh*t anyway.

Liquid sugar in a cup for 5 dollars? Gtfo

5 months ago '14        #19
Aries 86 heat pts86
space
space
$10,336 | Props total: 24215 24215
 swyshasweets said
it didn’t happen at my local starbucks so i dont give a fu*k.... my lil girl still get her iced coffee when she want
Slapped for giving your daughter that liquid diabetes and caffeine, thats bad parenting

5 months ago '13        #20
marietta92 26 heat pts26
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 12578 12578
Starbucks needs to pay those two men, whether there’s a boycott or not.

5 months ago '13        #21
NY Knicka 20 heat pts20
space
space
$7,046 | Props total: 11079 11079
Black people boycotting Starbucks would not affect their bottom line. It’s not like we are their main customer. I would protest by “loitering”.

5 months ago '13        #22
saintluc 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,740 | Props total: 3857 3857
I'm from Seattle and rarely if ever drank that sh*t. fu*k starbucks there's hundreds of other local baristas worth spending your money than a global leech like starbucks.

like cowgirls
[pic - click to view]

gotta respect chicks wearing thongs in 45F degree temperature

5 months ago '16        #23
Boogersugar 49 heat pts49
space
space
$4,361 | Props total: 14212 14212
 Sagat said
nobody's got this manager's information yet?

Philly stand up??
Holly Hylton. She's wiped her social media but I think she's on LinkedIn still

saintluc said
I'm from Seattle and rarely if ever drank that sh*t. fu*k starbucks there's hundreds of other local baristas worth spending your money than a global leech like starbucks.

like cowgirls
[pic - click to view]

gotta respect chicks wearing thongs in 45F degree temperature
I saw these in Seattle and always thought they looked really unsafe and then that girl got flash fried when one exploded

5 months ago '05        #24
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,470 | Props total: 5420 5420
 NY Knicka said
Black people boycotting Starbucks would not affect their bottom line. It’s not like we are their main customer. I would protest by “loitering”.
I dont know if you have noticed this. But when these rallies and organized boycotting happen the majority of people marching and protesting are not black people

5 months ago '05        #25
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,278 | Props total: 3374 3374
Ive only had Starbucks three times ever. But this right here im all for it. Never having it again.

5 months ago '05        #26
weed 66 heat pts66
space
space
$1,122 | Props total: 1617 1617

[pic - click to view]

5 months ago '05        #27
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,774 | Props total: 971 971
I'm down. I barely drink coffee anyway and when I do it's not Starbucks. La Colombe for me.

5 months ago '06        #28
PremiumBreeze 
space
space
space
$695 | Props total: 693 693
End of the day people have a short memory when it comes to protests like this, black folks will be back in Starbucks in a week or two. Remember the NFL "protest"?

5 months ago '14        #29
rashadd 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 5085 5085
Often, with situations like these, I go to the youtube video to read the comments of the opposite race. That way I can read their honest opinion of how they feel about the situation and it never ceases to amaze me on how someone can be so oblivious to a situation by not understanding the privilege of their skin by trying to justify the restaurant's action by saying loitering is a crime and the guys should have been arrested for not ordering anything.

The lady that recorded the video clearly says the guys didn't do anything wrong and that the restaurant was not that busy and had plenty of other tables, so how can it not be anything other than race. sh*t really gets on my nerves how alot of weird people try to look down on my people and dont think we deserve the same respect as everyone else. I just wish one day we grow to a point where we only supported our own but since they own everything I guess they're always going to have that advantage over us cause the only time they truly feel hurt is when them stocks start dropping...

5 months ago '12        #30
Ricky Retardo 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,162 | Props total: 19345 19345
 Boogersugar said
Holly Hylton. She's wiped her social media but I think she's on LinkedIn still

Nope LinkedIn removed it this afternoon.
 weed said

[pic - click to view]

I'm calling in the morning, hopefully I can get a quote for my "blog"

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  25
59 comments
top in thotties
top in section
online now  45
39 comments
top in sports
top in section
online now  33
33 comments
top in hiphop

most viewed right now
online now  40
audio inside Lupe Fiasco – King Nas
169 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  38
No wine no roses just 7 min n some bb oil
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  38
Article inside Huge marijuana bundles are washing up on Florida beaches after hurric..
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Joe Budden Said Diddy Told Him Eminem Is Going To Be "Handled" & His MG..
238 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Lost City of Atlantis hidden in plain sight?
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside OBH rapper Skinny on the Run for MURDER gives Live update from UHAUL tr..
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy