Longtime iPhone user here; sell me on Samsungís S9

most viewed right now
BETís Mancave #dope
11 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Biggest opening week album sales in Hip Hop history (700k and up)
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
But but but Nicki is done
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside VENOM - Official Trailer & Poster
144 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '04        #1
1756 pageviews
60 comments

187Proof 497 heat pts497
space
space
$6,642 | Props total: 8864 8864
Longtime iPhone user here; sell me on Samsungís S9

Thinking about making the switch, but all Iíve had is iPhoneís ever since the 3G.

I currently have a iPhone X. Iím very used to all iPhoneís gestures & whatnot, so i wouldnít even know where to start with a different smart phone.

Sell me on it. Whatís cool about it? Features? Things better than iPhones?

I use Apple Music currently, so what am i using on a S9?

Iím sure thereís a million YouTube videos with these different details, which i will be watching as well, but Iíd like some BX input as well.

Please, none of that iPhone is better, Samsung is better, etc stuff. Just looking for some good info.

Thanks fam!
hot topic and 4 others gave props

Homer Pimpson and 5 others slapped this ish

60 comments for "Longtime iPhone user here; sell me on Samsungís S9"

1 week ago '17        #2
justin747 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,877 | Props total: 12120 12120
This is the best review video. MKBHD the God.

[video - click to view]

187Proof and 7 others gave props

Fly or Die slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #3
187Proof 497 heat pts497 OP
space
space
 justin747 said:
This is the best review video. MKBHD the God.

I actually just got done watching that one really got before i came back into this thread.

I guess Iím just trying to see all the differences, coming from being a longtime iPhone user? What are the similarities between the 2 phones, but maybe one phone does it better than the other? Not necessarily specs, but just every day things?
yungmoney_85 gave props

firstmerci slapped this ish

1 week ago '17        #4
justin747 11 heat pts11
space
space
 187Proof said:
I actually just got done watching that one really got before i came back into this thread.

I guess Iím just trying to see all the differences, coming from being a longtime iPhone user? What are the similarities between the 2 phones, but maybe one phone does it better than the other? Not necessarily specs, but just every day things?
It's so hard to really say because it all depends on how you use your phone. If you just do basic stuff like make calls, send text, occasional email, etc you won't notice much difference.

If you're looking to use your phone like a computer and download music and torrents and if you want full customization then you'll enjoy Android. You can an do literally whatever you want to your phone.

But also that can be a curse because a lot of iPhone people I know who try Android get intimidated by the amount of choices and customization options, and some just aren't interested in customizing at all and going back to iOS.

As far as day to day use goes, iOS has better standby battery life, but Android has better life for actual usage and Android phones charge faster. Google Photos is BY FAR better than iCloud, but iMessage is better than anything Google offers. The Google apps like Maps, Chrome, Gmail, etc are better than are better than the Apple apps, but you can get those on iOS also.
187Proof and 13 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #5
space
space
 justin747 said:
It's so hard to really say because it all depends on how you use your phone. If you just do basic stuff like make calls, send text, occasional email, etc you won't notice much difference.

If you're looking to use your phone like a computer and download music and torrents and if you want full customization then you'll enjoy Android. You can an do literally whatever you want to your phone.

But also that can be a curse because a lot of iPhone people I know who try Android get intimidated by the amount of choices and customization options, and some just aren't interested in customizing at all and going back to iOS.

As far as day to day use goes, iOS has better standby battery life, but Android has better life for actual usage and Android phones charge faster. Google Photos is BY FAR better than iCloud, but iMessage is better than anything Google offers. The Google apps like Maps, Chrome, Gmail, etc are better than are better than the Apple apps, but you can get those on iOS also.
Awesome, exactly what i was looking for.

Whatís the difference between Google Photos & iCloud?

I use Apple Music on my iPhone. Iím a.ssuming this isnít available on the S9? What do they offer, music-wise?
realgunta gave props

1 week ago '04        #6
RoyceDa59 242 heat pts242
space
space
$15,129 | Props total: 5145 5145
 187Proof said:

I use Apple Music on my iPhone. Iím a.ssuming this isnít available on the S9? What do they offer, music-wise?
Apple Music is available on Andriod. Only pain in the a.ss I find is when you click songs on Apple Music it won't automatically move to the next track, seems to only work if you make a playlist or just let an album ride. Maybe there is a way and I'm just a dumbass who doesn't know how
187Proof gave props

1 week ago '17        #7
justin747 11 heat pts11
space
space
 187Proof said:

Google photos has better storage options. You can get unlimited photo storage if you're OK with slightly compressed pictures and video. Google also gives you 15 GB of storage free and Apple only gives 5 GB. (Those "compressed pictures" don't count towards your stage 15 GB on Google)

Technically Apple music does work on Android. They have an app available on the play store. I use Play Music and it's pretty cool, and it comes with YouTube Red. I can't help much here though. I've never used Apple music. I listen to a bunch of mixtapes and free sh*t so I still download music manually
187Proof gave props

1 week ago '04        #8
space
space
So i can download any mp3, m4a, etc and it’ll automatically show up in Play Music? Or is that just an app to purchase legit music?
 1 week ago '08        #9
fit2bboss 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1498 1498
Bro with Android you can convert YouTube music to mp3 and it’ll automatically add to your playlist. The best thing it’s free, you just got to a website that does YouTube converter to mp3.
justin747 and 2 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #10
NahLij 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,070 | Props total: 10923 10923
 187Proof said:
So i can download any mp3, m4a, etc and itíll automatically show up in Play Music? Or is that just an app to purchase legit music?
It'll show up there but it won't be permanent. So if you download to your phone then delete it'll delete off your Play Music. BUT there's a workaround. Use Dropbox. And have Play Music folder. As you download to your phone you can save music to that folder. Also have Dropbox on your computer connected to your Play Music account. Anytime it's connected to the net it will truly upload that music to your account then you can delete as you get close to your limit but it's already saved to your Play Music account and you can stream forever. I've been doing that for years.
187Proof and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '09        #11
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
space
$52,824 | Props total: 32398 32398
not selling you on sh*t. it's a better phone but if you like apple products stick to what you're comfortable with
187Proof and 8 others gave props

1 week ago '17        #12
justin747 11 heat pts11
space
space
 187Proof said:

Sell me on it. What’s cool about it? Features? Things better than iPhones?

I use Apple Music currently, so what am i using on a S9?

I’m sure there’s a million YouTube videos with these different details, which i will be watching as well, but I’d like some BX input as well.

Please, none of that iPhone is better, Samsung is better, etc stuff. Just looking for some good info.

Thanks fam!

Also don't limit yourself to the S9 because you have a million options for phones. That's one of the best things about Android IMO. It forces these companies to come right every year because Android manufacturers have to compete with Apple AND other Android manufacturers. There is only one new iPhone every year and there are dozens of high end Android phones annually.

If there is something you don't like about the S9, you can look at the Note, Pixel, V30, etc. HTC and Sony both should have some decent phones coming soon too.

Last edited by justin747; 04-15-2018 at 10:54 AM..
PhrozenMenace and 4 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #13
space
space
 fit2bboss said:
Bro with Android you can convert YouTube music to mp3 and itíll automatically add to your playlist. The best thing itís free, you just got to a website that does YouTube converter to mp3.
Isnít the quality on that noticibly weaker though?
 1 week ago '04        #14
space
space
 NahLij said:
It'll show up there but it won't be permanent. So if you download to your phone then delete it'll delete off your Play Music. BUT there's a workaround. Use Dropbox. And have Play Music folder. As you download to your phone you can save music to that folder. Also have Dropbox on your computer connected to your Play Music account. Anytime it's connected to the net it will truly upload that music to your account then you can delete as you get close to your limit but it's already saved to your Play Music account and you can stream forever. I've been doing that for years.
But as long as i want to physically keep the song on my phone, itíll add to Play automatically and stay there?
NahLij gave props

1 week ago '04        #15
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
not selling you on sh*t. it's a better phone but if you like apple products stick to what you're comfortable with
Respect that.

Since iPhones were just what Iíve always had, Iíve just always kinda had a blind-eye to any other options out there. Would just like to know exactly what Iíve been missing out on.
justin747 gave props

1 week ago '04        #16
space
space
 justin747 said:
Also don't limit yourself to the S9 because you have a million options for phones. That's one of the best things about Android IMO. It forces these companies to come right every year because Android manufacturers have to compete with Apple AND other Android manufacturers. There is only one new iPhone every year and there are dozens of high end Android phones annually.

If there is something you don't like about the S9, you can look at the Note, Pixel, V30, etc. HTC and Sony both should have some decent phones coming soon too.
These YouTube video reviews Iíve been watching about the S9 are saying itís the ďmost complete android phone out thereĒ. Would you recommend something over it & why?
justin747 gave props

1 week ago '04        #17
NahLij 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,070 | Props total: 10923 10923
 187Proof said:
But as long as i want to physically keep the song on my phone, itíll add to Play automatically and stay there?
Correct
187Proof gave props

1 week ago '16        #18
Homer Pimpson 
space
space
$2,297 | Props total: 4979 4979
cant be done
 1 week ago '05        #19
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,781 | Props total: 12267 12267
You'll definitely miss iMessage... these carriers need to stop with the bullsh*t... these low quality pics/vids/gifs ain't hot

you will love notifications and being able to customize them and how Android auto groups like notifications so you're not scrolling through an endless stream of bullsh*t...

Samsung browser > Safari
Mxllz and 5 others gave props

1 week ago '15        #20
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,231 | Props total: 13060 13060
Just try it out and pay the restocking fee if you don’t like it, 14-30 days I’m not sure but wouldn’t hurt
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This Man Needs A Medal! (His wife must of been near by)
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Money Mayweather blessed my time line
64 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Cops Release Prince's Death Scene Video
61 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That Weird Yoga Vegan brawd that'll have you dressing like 3 Stacks.....
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Footage of 6ix9ine talking to the police after shooting happened at bar..
208 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA well damn. Jrue put Dameís signature shoes on the clearance section
32 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Woman catches a witch doing black magic on her porch
530 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whoa great question..what would you do??
158 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy