BOX its fight night on boxden !!!!!!
1310 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why Niggas Eat B##ty
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Tekashi 6ix9ine Cops Plee To Casanova (Leaked Dm)
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '04        #1
10297 pageviews
342 comments

eazyvaboy 49 heat pts49
space
space
$3,331 | Props total: 9997 9997
Apr 14 - Men Arrested at Starbucks For...Waiting

A viral video of two men being arrested in a Starbucks has raised questions about police procedure and created a firestorm of debate online.

Footage of the startling incident was shared on Twitter by writer Melissa DePino. The video of the event, which reportedly took place on Thursday inside a Philadelphia Starbucks, has been viewed almost two million times (as of this writing) since it was uploaded. DePino wrote in her tweet that “The police were called because these men hadn’t ordered anything.”

The clips show the two black men being removed from the restaurant as another man is seen talking to a police officer, telling him the situation is “ridiculous.”

The officer says, “We got called. We didn’t just come out here.”

But the man doesn’t back off, asking the officers, “What did they get called for? Because they were two black guys sitting waiting to meet me? What did they do? What did they do? Tell me what they did.”

You can hear a woman saying, “They didn’t do anything, I saw the entire thing,”

DePino claimed on Twitter that a Starbucks employee phoned police. A debate about the cause of the arrest started almost instantly, with DePino tweeting people have a.ssumed there “must be something more to this story.”

The a.ssociated Press reports that Philadelphia’s police commissioner is defending his officers’ decision to arrest the two men in Starbucks.

Commissioner Richard Ross, who is black, said police asked the men to leave three times but they refused. They were arrested and released. Ross said his officers “did absolutely nothing wrong.”

There was no mention of the white man in the video who said he was meeting with the men. He called the arrest “ridiculous” on video.

Starbucks tweeted an additional message, further apologizing for the incident.

Aztlan and 36 others gave props

342 comments for "Apr 14 - Men Arrested at Starbucks For...Waiting"

1 week ago '11        #2
SomeOnesoN 205 heat pts205
space
space
$17,705 | Props total: 2939 2939
eazyvaboy and 14 others gave props

1 week ago '16        #3
Aztlan 40 heat pts40
space
space
$8,105 | Props total: 18930 18930
Why call the police?
eazyvaboy and 49 others gave props

niruggg slapped this ish

1 week ago '05        #4
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,153 | Props total: 1083 1083
Debate??? Really????? fu*king hell...
POTUS2045 and 6 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #5
Marccoogs19 182 heat pts182
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 6545 6545
There's more to this story too

Outrage is mounting after two men were arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks, and an eyewitness said a manager escalated the situation by calling police instead of asking the men to buy something or leave.

Lauren, who asked that her last name not be used, shot video of the two men being arrested at the Starbucks just before 5 p.m. on April 12. She said the incident began after the men asked to use the bathroom and were told that it was only available for paying customers, which Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross later confirmed.

After the men had been "quietly hanging out, chatting and waiting for their friend," she said officers entered the restaurant and asked the two men to leave, saying that they would be trespassing if they did not leave.

"The two young men politely asked why they were being told to leave and were not given a reason other than the manager wanted them to leave," she told ABC in an email.

The men told the officer that they were waiting for a friend to arrive and offered to call that friend to prove that they had legitimate business at the restaurant, she said.

At that point, she said several officers began to move tables and chairs around the two men and take them into custody.

The friend for whom the men were waiting then arrived and attempted to intervene, but police told him the men "were not paying customers and thus were trespassing," Lauren recalled.

"The two men stayed calm and did not raise their voices once. Everyone else in the Starbucks, however, was appalled," she added.

Lauren said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything."

"These men were discriminated against and unjustly detained. Being a person of privilege, it's hard to believe things like this still happen in 2018," Lauren told ABC. "Sometimes you don't fully believe it until you see it with your own eyes."

POTUS2045 and 100 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #6
SSJ3Goku 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,517 | Props total: 2908 2908
I’ve seen numerous people hangout at Starbucks before without ordering anything and never have they been asked to leave, this is clearly discrimination and the fact that they called the police on them shows that the employees profiled the men and Starbucks response isn’t good enough.
SClass and 154 others gave props

1 week ago '16        #7
3 bs 35 heat pts35
space
space
$14,135 | Props total: 31592 31592
They were asked to leave 3 times tho and didn’t
NYPD and 5 others gave props

stlcardinals19 and 298 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '11        #8
SClass 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,094 | Props total: 6954 6954
 3 bs said:
Shut up cuck
FlyinIron and 89 others gave props

3 bs and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '05        #9
GST 
space
space
$15,237 | Props total: 3215 3215
I knew it ... thread title says it all
Jeezy187 gave props

1 week ago '14        #10
black cobra 396 heat pts396
space
space
$12,067 | Props total: 47108 47108
 3 bs said:
If they were two middle eastern men I bet you would have a different tone
TaxStoneCooked and 44 others gave props

SlimBobby and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '08        #11
tdnupe3 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,042 | Props total: 17256 17256
Hopefully they get an attorney good enough to get them a nice 7 figure settlement out of this. Starbucks will pay it too.

On another note, this is an excellent opportunity for Dunkin Donuts to start promoting a diverse welcoming environment.

Just a thought.
DUENASnoches and 140 others gave props

NYPD slapped this ish

1 week ago '12        #12
OldBusiness 164 heat pts164
space
space
$22,857 | Props total: 24457 24457
Me and my homie always talk about how the one in this area is a hangout spot. We've seen people take food into it and sh*t from other restaurants. People don't like going cause high school kids loiter there like he'll.

This sh*t is crazy
Sin and 10 others gave props

1 week ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 164 heat pts164
space
space
$22,857 | Props total: 24457 24457
 tdnupe3 said:
Hopefully they get an attorney good enough to get them a nice 7 figure settlement out of this. Starbucks will pay it too.

On another note, this is an excellent opportunity for Dunkin Donuts to start promoting a diverse welcoming environment.

Just a thought.
The Fox News crowd gone start buying and then burning breakfast from Duncan Donuts.

Florida Man gone run up in there with a gun for his 'rights'.
Cartel-Clipz and 33 others gave props

1 week ago '09        #14
UrbanEnterprise 81 heat pts81
space
space
$20,277 | Props total: 16749 16749
Can they sue?
mistatnn and 3 others gave props

1 week ago '07        #15
Cartel-Clipz 29 heat pts29
space
space
$31,069 | Props total: 27188 27188
I don't even know what I want to say, man...
Tobinmont gave props

1 week ago '15        #16
blaphy 349 heat pts349
space
space
$15,917 | Props total: 28912 28912

[pic - click to view]

I hate Starbucks, Dunkin 4 life
AshMonsta and 15 others gave props

1 week ago '08        #17
tdnupe3 10 heat pts10
space
space
 OldBusiness said:
The Fox News crowd gone start buying and then burning breakfast from Duncan Donuts.

Florida Man gone run up in there with a gun for his 'rights'.
What did Eazy say: "they can do what they want with em'. They bought them muffakas".

And the majority of the fox news crowd can't even afford dunkin donuts, let alone starbucks. They have to brew their coffee on the stove because they threw all their keurigs off their 2nd story apartment balconies and out their trailer park windows.
Adrian99OVR and 16 others gave props

1 week ago '14        #18
DUENASnoches 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 832 832
sh*t is damn sad. I applaud how the two men handled it as written in the story above. Brings more of the right type of attention to these ridiculous occurrences and terrible treatment.
Adrian99OVR and 27 others gave props

1 week ago '08        #19
tdnupe3 10 heat pts10
space
space
 UrbanEnterprise said:
Can they sue?
Hell yeah they can sue. They didn't do anything but wait on a friend before ordering. And ask to use a bathroom. The manager clearly was biased because she let others loiter and use the bathroom according to other employees and witnesses. All they have to say is that they were waiting on a friend before ordering and have one of the witnesses or employees back up their story. I don't think they can sue the police dept though. I mean the cops were d!cks, but I don't see how the police broke the law.

@ would know better than me though. I could be completely wrong.

Last edited by tdnupe3; 04-14-2018 at 08:00 PM..
UrbanEnterprise and 12 others gave props

1 week ago '08        #20
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 2646 2646
This is riduculous

I bet tho idiot who called the cops on’em “felt unsafe”

Same shiet happened to me in a nice area around VA beach on the street by the beach houses. I was riding a motorcycle looking electric bike and some dumbf*k called the cops because they felt some type of way. Oddly, my homie owns 5 houses over there and i was just chillin in one of them. The callers were likely vacation renters from wherever the f*k they came visiting from

I was confronted by the cops who were more than ready to make sh*t happen, especially this “chief” but i dismantled his useless argument as my engine was under 500watts, so there was no need for a helmet or a license plate (that was their excuse for stopping me btw), as he realized he wasn’t dealing with an idiot he calmed down reeaaall quick for some reason and suddenly became a ‘gentleman’

After they left and of course 100 eyes stared at me from every direction, i get back in the house as everyone asks me what happened, and after they were surprised, the white family friend who was doing THE SAME DAMN THING told me that he did ride by a police car, and he told me that they waved at him, and he waved back so you KNOW whoever called specifically described my azz

I get that the police have to address an issue especially when called, but useless attitude is uncalled for, and whoever the hell the caller is, fuk’em. Call the popo when you witness a potential REAL danger not some “oh they MUST” be doing something wrong
OldBusiness and 71 others gave props

NYPD and 1 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Kid who reacts to 90s rap for first time "channel"
78 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
This would be a fun f*ck
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Would you pipe? She's 18
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 20 - 14-year-old girl commits suicide after parents say she couldn..
147 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 20 -Illinois woman gets life in prison for plot to commit mass mur..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Google's "new" messenger
28 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Ralo Instagram Is Crazier Than You Think
192 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Box Office Looks To Land Biggest..
38 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy