Against All Odds! EA Sent 'A Way Out' out to die, it exceeded their expectations

most viewed right now
Video inside Mark Whalberg a good dude out here feeding the homeless, wait a min tha..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside now I ain't with that gay incest sh-t, BUT...
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Accomplished Milf Julia Ann advice on how to bag Milfs
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 2013 Gucci Mane was a straight savage..
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '07        #1
1493 page views
24 comments

CadillacVyse 1018 heat pts1018
space
space
space
$28,742 | Props total: 21025 21025
Against All Odds! EA Sent 'A Way Out' out to die, it exceeded their expectations

A Way Out is not a particularly good game, but its goofy co-op story about two soon-to-be escaped prisoners has proved a hit with players. Developer Hazelight Studios announced yesterday that the game has sold more than one million copies since it released in late March. Given that only one of your co-op duo has to own the game in order for you to play, its total player count is probably even higher than that.

It's done far better than publisher EA thought it would, according to a marketing plan for the game that was leaked last year. In that plan, EA predicted the game would sell 203,000 copies in its first week, and would go on to sell 894,000 total. It's good to see a narrative-driven game smash a publisher's expectations.
Lite and 11 others gave props

24 comments for "Against All Odds! EA Sent 'A Way Out' out to die, it exceeded their expectations"

3 months ago '10        #2
pacman45 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 4934 4934
The best part is that I heard EA doesnt get a dime from this game.
RevolverLuciana and 18 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #3
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
$4,758 | Props total: 2780 2780
 Doc Logical said:

[pic - click to view]

lol it is though, the commercial sold me and it wasnt at all like i expected, have fun watching a boring videos for 20 minutes and playing for 3 then watching another 20 minute video on and on
Magic Johnson slapped this ish

3 months ago '11        #4
xArchangeLx 3 heat pts
space
space
$697 | Props total: 1199 1199
It was a good game
Played with my brother and my gf cried at the end lmao
Grisly gave props

3 months ago '09        #5
DEATH 51 heat pts51
space
space
space
$23,125 | Props total: 2991 2991
Maybe they will add a single player option now
 3 months ago '06        #6
philly337 25 heat pts25
space
space
$30,567 | Props total: 15236 15236
Was a good game and they need to bring coop back. Nerds with no friends who live on xbox live k!lled it. Co-op stories with your homie >>>
OpmastaT and 12 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #7
Kdub31 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,393 | Props total: 3828 3828
They have to bring bacc co-op! Theres no point in owning a console if only one person can play at a time. PC's do that better and cheaper.
Grisly and 2 others gave props

iTrianglelevel3 slapped this ish

3 months ago '04        #8
Grisly 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,211 | Props total: 4024 4024
 pacman45 said:
if we're being honest, that's the reason that i bought this

i think most people are thinking like me and seen that there is a game with pretty solid looking graphics and story, and its being sold for $30, and you get to play with a friend for free?

it's about fu*king time something like this came along to save gamers from the raping we've been taking

this is gamers literally putting their money where their mouth is and saying HEY we support THIS company and these devs and we will make sure its known cause we want them to continue pushing the envelope

hopefully this sh*t really causes the industry to take a step back and look at the way they been making and marketing videogames

theres motherfu*kers literally selling BETAS for $60 and then dropping 'DLC' 6 months later and that sort of sh*t is just really making gamers not even want to buy sh*t anymore

A Way Out was a breath of fresh fu*king air in several ways
and they even brought back that old school feel of being able to play a game locally with ur homey on the same couch

glad my BX brethren aint sleeping on this either
pacman45 and 10 others gave props

3 months ago '07        #9
killacar 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,634 | Props total: 7996 7996
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said:
lol it is though, the commercial sold me and it wasnt at all like i expected, have fun watching a boring videos for 20 minutes and playing for 3 then watching another 20 minute video on and on
Tomb Raider???
OgieOgilthorpe6 gave props

3 months ago '10        #10
pacman45 2 heat pts
space
space
 Grisly said:

i think most people are thinking like me and seen that there is a game with pretty solid looking graphics and story, and its being sold for $30, and you get to play with a friend for free?

it's about fu*king time something like this came along to save gamers from the raping we've been taking

this is gamers literally putting their money where their mouth is and saying HEY we support THIS company and these devs and we will make sure its known cause we want them to continue pushing the envelope

hopefully this sh*t really causes the industry to take a step back and look at the way they been making and marketing videogames

theres motherfu*kers literally selling BETAS for $60 and then dropping 'DLC' 6 months later and that sort of sh*t is just really making gamers not even want to buy sh*t anymore

and they even brought back that old school feel of being able to play a game locally with ur homey on the same couch

I fully agree with your sentiments.
Grisly gave props

3 months ago '17        #11
Magic Johnson 
space
space
$390 | Props total: 907 907
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said:
That game is amazing for the budget and amount of people working on it. Got some bugs in the game but outside of that this game was a breath of fresh air compared to the trash we get nowadays.
 3 months ago '04        #12
deziking 104 heat pts104
space
space
$21,346 | Props total: 8806 8806

[video - click to view]

Joseph the goat.
 3 months ago '16        #13
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
$4,758 | Props total: 2780 2780
 Magic Johnson said:
That game is amazing for the budget and amount of people working on it. Got some bugs in the game but outside of that this game was a breath of fresh air compared to the trash we get nowadays.
i didnt notice bugs had nothing to do with that, you cant argue with me here, you play for five minutes tops then you watch a 15-20 min video then play for 5 watch a video rinse and repeat, no matter how good the gameplay is its boring to watch those vids, they are way too long and way too boring, me n my buddy were playing it day one n i passed out watching a video lol
xArchangeLx slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #14
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,569 | Props total: 7279 7279
Glad this sold well, shows co-op is still popular amongst gamers, maybe we can get more of this.
 3 months ago '12        #15
Faythung 1391 heat pts1391
space
space
$15,337 | Props total: 10189 10189
 pacman45 said:
 Grisly said:

EA funded the development of the game and are the ones who decided that all the profits go to the developers.
 3 months ago '11        #16
xArchangeLx 3 heat pts
space
space
$697 | Props total: 1199 1199
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said:
i didnt notice bugs had nothing to do with that, you cant argue with me here, you play for five minutes tops then you watch a 15-20 min video then play for 5 watch a video rinse and repeat, no matter how good the gameplay is its boring to watch those vids, they are way too long and way too boring, me n my buddy were playing it day one n i passed out watching a video lol
You're exaggerating.
I played the entire game.
Yes there are cut scenes but it's the inverse of what you said. You play maybe 20 minutes then watch a small cutscene, which is integral to the story. You prob one of those dudes that presses x through the cutscenes of any game just to get to the f!ght scene with no idea of what the fu*k is going on.
This is a story not a f!ghter or shooter man.
Antho23 gave props

3 months ago '10        #17
pacman45 2 heat pts
space
space
 Faythung said:
EA funded the development of the game and are the ones who decided that all the profits go to the developers.
I think thats how publishers do business lol EA likes to set some of these devs up and be doa on a release. From their projections they figured the game wouldnt really make much by their standards, so its good to see the opposite.
 3 months ago '04        #18
CrAkKedOuT 1000 heat pts1000
space
space
space
$24,575 | Props total: 17157 17157
 killacar said:
Tomb Raider???
Metal Gear Solid?
 3 months ago '12        #19
Faythung 1391 heat pts1391
space
space
$15,337 | Props total: 10189 10189
 pacman45 said:
I think thats how publishers do business lol EA likes to set some of these devs up and be doa on a release. From their projections they figured the game wouldnt really make much by their standards, so its good to see the opposite.
Publishers most definitely do not do business where they take no money from the sale of the game. This game is part of EA Originals or whatever they're calling it which is where they fund developers and give them creative control to allow lesser known, more 'indie' like games to be made and thrive.
pacman45 gave props

3 months ago '17        #20
Magic Johnson 
space
space
$390 | Props total: 907 907
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said:
I hear you I guess I was too in to the story. In the beginning scenes (prison scenes) it is slow and full of talking but once you get past the first part, the game is amazing. The last part of the game is worth the play thru depending on who you're playing with (I know people literally cry over the ending). If you go back and finish it to the end, you'll probably change your mind.
Home      

most viewed right now
3 out of 5 black men
79 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Is He The Goat Or The Worst Big Brother Of All Time?
54 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Real Eyes Wide Shut
74 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damnnnnnn this lil bi*ch seeing progress on her bulk diet.
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
MMA Conor: Putin one of the greatest leaders of our time
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mrs. Officer
71 comments
1 day ago