squad up!

Apple Rumored To "Invent" Features For Next iPhone That Already Existed On The Galaxy S4

most viewed right now
12 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 months ago '07        #1
3767 page views
45 comments

Jago 1103 heat pts1103
space
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 7230 7230
Apple Rumored To "Invent" Features For Next iPhone That Already Existed On The Galaxy S4

Now that notches are popping up on just about every new smartphone screen, Apple’s next iPhone will need some new tricks to stand out from its competitors. But if a report from Bloomberg is true, instead of coming up with entirely new ideas, it seems Apple may try to crib some features from a handful of five-year-old devices.

Bloomberg claims that two new features Apple is exploring for use on a future iPhone (that’s maybe two or three years away) include “touchless gesture control” that would let a you manipulate the phone from an unspecified distance, and displays “that curve inward gradually from top to bottom,” as opposed to the sloping edges found on phones like the Galaxy S9.
Based on Bloomberg’s descriptions, these feature ideas may not actually be entirely new, but instead a revival of tech from the phones of yesteryear.

For those who have followed the evolution of smartphones for awhile, you might recall that non-touch gestures are something that Samsung debuted on the Galaxy S4 in 2013. Back then, Samsung called its features Air View and Air Gesture, which allowed you to do things like hover your hand over a tiny sensor in the bezel to wake the screen and view notifications, or wave your hand across the screen to switch between tabs or flip through photos.

Samsung wasn’t the only company to try something like this either. On the 2015 Moto X Pure, Motorola installed its own gesture controls that would let you wave your hand over the screen to turn the display on or off, in addition to a selection of traditional gestures like holding the phone and making a chopping motion to turn on the flashlight, the latter of which is still available on more recent Moto handsets via Moto Actions.

On the Galaxy Round, you could use the curved back to tilt phone and turn on the screen. It was pretty cool at the time, but in the era where phones have always-on displays, the feature is much less useful.

As for that rumored, inwardly curving screen, Samsung did that first on the Galaxy Round in 2013 (only released in South Korea), which was then followed by the original LG G Flex in 2014, and then again on the G Flex 2 in 2015. The G Flex even went one step further, because on top of having a concave design that LG says made the screen feel more natural and soothing to touch (which it kinda did), the screens themselves had a little flex to them, which helped the phones endure a life spent stuffed inside users’ pockets.

The LG G Flex 2 was both curvy and bendy.

In the years since the Galaxy Round, S4, and G Flex debuted, however, both Samsung and LG have largely given up on the technology they pioneered five years ago. And if Apple could revive those ideas and potentially make them useful, that might be kind of nice, just so long as the company doesn’t try to take credit for inventing the tech. After all, sooner or later, everything old is new again.

visit this link Apple's Newly Rumored Smartphone Ideas Sound Straight Out of 2013

45 comments for "Apple Rumored To "Invent" Features For Next iPhone That Already Existed On The Galaxy S4"
 5 months ago '16        #2
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,263 | Props total: 10980 10980
Aslong as they actually make it useful and not just a gimmick i cool with that its not about who does it first its about who makes it the most useful

5 months ago '04        #3
JayR04 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,520 | Props total: 7556 7556
Typical Apple

5 months ago '11        #4
Kid A 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,725 | Props total: 8390 8390
Samsung always trying them deading sh*t Apple keeps them

5 months ago '13        #5
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,180 | Props total: 8322 8322
Never used this on my s4 or the face unlock it had.

Hmm

5 months ago '17        #6
Hater 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,692 | Props total: 10436 10436
I know that Steve Jobs was more of a hustler than an actual inventor and that most of what Mcintosh was known for and has been praised about with their flagship devices over the years came from lesser known creators (like Wozniak)

But I do have to say,
I joined the Apple cult and drank the Apple Juice back in 2007-2008 with the iphone. I'd owned an Ipod and it was better than my Zune I'd owned (Zune really could've been a dope a.ss device).

but since the passing of Jobs, Apple's "innovations" have been lack luster.
Granted, they've been focusing on software development (and even then, that's sketchy) and redesign of their device's appearances, but without a mind like Job's - who knew how to find talent, even if he ended up getting credit for it - Apple is falling to the way-side.

I don't know much about Cook, and maybe he is a good successor of Jobs - to the apple employees, but he fu*king sucks in relation evolving the Apple brand.

I can't wait until Apple get's a new CEO, because Cook is truly fu*king things up.

Atleast with Jobs, iPhone's would've had people still hating Apple but the innovation and designs would've made even the staunchest of haters give props.

5 months ago '16        #7
Negusis 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 7855 7855
 Hater said
I know that Steve Jobs was more of a hustler than an actual inventor and that most of what Mcintosh was known for and has been praised about with their flagship devices over the years came from lesser known creators (like Wozniak)

But I do have to say,
I joined the Apple cult and drank the Apple Juice back in 2007-2008 with the iphone. I'd owned an Ipod and it was better than my Zune I'd owned (Zune really could've been a dope a.ss device).

Granted, they've been focusing on software development (and even then, that's sketchy) and redesign of their device's appearances, but without a mind like Job's - who knew how to find talent, even if he ended up getting credit for it - Apple is falling to the way-side.

I don't know much about Cook, and maybe he is a good successor of Jobs - to the apple employees, but he fu*king sucks in relation evolving the Apple brand.

I can't wait until Apple get's a new CEO, because Cook is truly fu*king things up.

Atleast with Jobs, iPhone's would've had people still hating Apple but the innovation and designs would've made even the staunchest of haters give props.
Innovation started falling off while he was alive though. Before Cook took over. If were being honest the only innovations Apple ever had in the last 20 to 25 years has been in the iPhone and the app store. And those were a while ago. Other than that what have they innovated?

5 months ago '17        #8
PROV 117 heat pts117
space
space
$7,449 | Props total: 20444 20444
I work in tech, they pulled this same sh*t last time

5 months ago '15        #9
Teddy KGB 36 heat pts36
space
space
$12,232 | Props total: 37919 37919
Let’s just ignore the fact that 99% of the way all smartphones work and function is based off of the first iPhone. But now Apple is the biter?

5 months ago '05        #10
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,930 | Props total: 351 351
I had the Moto pure and the gestures were pretty useful. Double chop to turn on flashlight was used all the time. I still catch myself doing it on my new phone.

5 months ago '14        #11
consigliereA 96 heat pts96
space
space
$28,875 | Props total: 34947 34947
 l3altimore7 said

[pic - click to view]

smash..

😯😯😯

5 months ago '04        #12
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,833 | Props total: 3966 3966
I never really used them but my girl used to abuse those gestures on the s4, especially the swipe/screenshot one

5 months ago '05        #13
dmunson318 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,287 | Props total: 1237 1237
Yeah but we all know apples “invent” means actually works ����*♂️

5 months ago '16        #14
NEWYORKTlMES 41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,117 | Props total: 7705 7705
Steve Jobs is dead

5 months ago '14        #15
Black Einstein 11 heat pts11
space
space
$672 | Props total: 2207 2207
I'm still rocking with my Galaxy S4 Active. Last galaxy to have removable battery and SD card slot, ....and it's waterproof.

5 months ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,175 | Props total: 17974 17974
 Black Einstein said
I'm still rocking with my Galaxy S4 Active. Last galaxy to have removable battery and SD card slot, ....and it's waterproof.
The Galaxy S V, Galaxy S V Active and Note 4 all have a removable battery and microSD storage.

5 months ago '10        #17
FrankAndBeans 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,529 | Props total: 7507 7507
 Negusis said
Innovation started falling off while he was alive though. Before Cook took over. If were being honest the only innovations Apple ever had in the last 20 to 25 years has been in the iPhone and the app store. And those were a while ago. Other than that what have they innovated?
Who cares. Apple makes dope products

5 months ago '16        #18
Negusis 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 7855 7855
 FrankAndBeans said
Who cares. Apple makes dope products
I care, that's why I asked the question.

5 months ago '15        #19
SeraphKin 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,214 | Props total: 28403 28403
 Black Einstein said
I can take battery out my s5 and 7

5 months ago '17        #20
justin747 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,307 | Props total: 25266 25266
 Teddy KGB said
Let’s just ignore the fact that 99% of the way all smartphones work and function is based off of the first iPhone. But now Apple is the biter?

Y'all really think Apple invented smartphones huh? I thought you were a old n*gga. Where you too young to buy smartphones back in the early 2000s?

Put some respect on the OG's names. The original iPhone OS stole so much sh*t from Palm OS on the Treo and the Sidekick.

[pic - click to view]

Then Apple went and copied a lot of gestures from the Palm Pre for the iPhone X.

[video - click to view]

5 months ago '15        #21
Teddy KGB 36 heat pts36
space
space
$12,232 | Props total: 37919 37919
 justin747 said
Y'all really think Apple invented smartphones huh? I thought you were a old n*gga. Where you too young to buy smartphones back in the early 2000s?

Put some respect on the OG's names. The original iPhone OS stole so much sh*t from Palm OS on the Treo and the Sidekick.

[pic - click to view]

Then Apple went and copied a lot of gestures from the Palm Pre for the iPhone X.

You know what, I stand corrected. I actually had the HTC and Palm phones back in the day. I’ll concede that Apple took many elements from them. I will say that the iPhone was somewhat different in form and integration, though.

I have no problem admitting when I was wrong.

5 months ago '08        #22
Eagles All Day 98 heat pts98
space
space
$34,414 | Props total: 15656 15656
 justin747 said

[pic - click to view]

Yeah those definitely look like the phones of today

5 months ago '14        #23
space
space
 Y.G. said
The Galaxy S V, Galaxy S V Active and Note 4 all have a removable battery and microSD storage.
I stand corrected.

5 months ago '14        #24
space
space
 SeraphKin said
I can take battery out my s5 and 7
My wife has an S6, and my work phone is an S7. Neither have removable backs/batteries.

5 months ago '15        #25
SeraphKin 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,214 | Props total: 28403 28403
 Black Einstein said
My wife has an S6, and my work phone is an S7. Neither have removable backs/batteries.
Damn u right I can't take the back off my s7. Never tried hinestly lol S5 was last one

5 months ago '12        #26
OldBusiness 166 heat pts166
space
space
$25,485 | Props total: 34718 34718
 justin747 said

[pic - click to view]

Lol I was a pocket pc 6700 Sprint n*gga with the big antenna lol

5 months ago '17        #27
justin747 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,307 | Props total: 25266 25266
 OldBusiness said
Lol I was a pocket pc 6700 Sprint n*gga with the big antenna lol

n*ggas sleep on those old school Pocket PCs. They were ahead of their time. Like mini laptops. I couldn't fu*k with the 6700 because it was too damn big, but I had the 6800 and the Touch Pro.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 months ago '12        #28
OldBusiness 166 heat pts166
space
space
$25,485 | Props total: 34718 34718
 justin747 said

n*ggas sleep on those old school Pocket PCs. They were ahead of their time. Like mini laptops. I couldn't fu*k with the 6700 because it was too damn big, but I had the 6800 and the Touch Pro.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Those were the days when that one n*gga had the huge thread on here filled with ways to get over on Sprint.

Used to call the cancellation department using his scripts and get my bill credited and one day one of them n iggas offered me the pocket pc. When they sent it trhey also mistakingly mailed a blackberry...the big blue joint that was the first Color screen they offered. Kept it and two months later they put it on my bill

Bye bye Sprint

5 months ago '17        #29
Mperfection 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,195 | Props total: 2849 2849
 Hater said

But I do have to say,

Jobs was a master salesman who intuitively understood what consumers wanted.

5 months ago '17        #30
King3X 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 6463 6463
I'll stick to my Moto X

Home      

top in section
online now  11
7 comments
top in news
top in section
online now  15
45 comments
top in hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
26 comments
top in thotties

most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside Hottest Chiropractic Adjustment Compilation Ever Remastered
76 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Fitted cap legend "Papoose" wearing 2 piece man weave???
58 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Xbox response for PlayStation classic
117 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Is It CLOSE CURTAIN For DRAKE??? They Found The PEDOFILE RECEIPT W/ 14..
407 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Does The Avengers 4 Director Set Photo Reveal The Title?
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Playstation Classic Coming In December
110 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside OBH rapper Skinny on the Run for MURDER gives Live update from UHAUL tr..
117 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Video inside Joe Budden Said Diddy Told Him Eminem Is Going To Be "Handled" & His MG..
252 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy