squad up!

April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 months ago '16        #1
1974 page views
28 comments

Soo Special OG 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$7,162 | Props total: 14572 14572
April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward

As many of you may have noticed, Google has decided to remove autocomplete support for the word Kodi. While the team finds this move disappointing, we've determined a real solution for the problem. While Kodi no longer autocompletes, XBMC still does! As such, starting today, we are officially changing our name back to XBMC.

But we're not stopping there. We've had a good long run being a multi-platform system, but at the end of the day covering six or more platforms has become far too much of a stress. Android support alone taxes our resources in a way no volunteer development team can ever reasonably be expected to handle. And all the other platforms just makes this worse. So, in an executive decision that we believe the entire community will support, we at Team XBMC have decided to fully embrace our roots.

Starting today, we would like to announce that we are exclusively supporting only the Xbox One. We will be disabling support for all other platforms in the forum starting immediately and will begin shifting our website to reflect this change in the very near future. The work to make Kodi for Xbox a premier platform has finally paid off!

Making this decision was not easy. For example, there was a lot of debate about whether to fully embrace the name XBMC, or to change to XBOMC (Xbox One Media Center), but at the end of the day, we thought tradition should win out. Also, the current numbering scheme was developed for multiplatform support, so we decided that our upcoming release should be renamed AND RENUMBERED from Kodi 18.0 to XBMC 3.0.0. It just makes sense!

We will be reskinning XBMC 3.0.0 to something a bit more appropriate ASAP. But we’re excited to say that because we are only supporting a single platform, we anticipate full release this April, or at the latest early May!

In addition, we're excited to announce a limited 3 day sale for this rename featuring XBMC shirts, mugs, and stickers!

Thanks for sticking with us all these years! And Android, OSX, iOS, and Linux... see ya later!
Wowww

visit this link https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-no-more

28 comments for "April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward"
 6 months ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,170 | Props total: 17967 17967
Surely this is a legitimate article and not an April Fool's prank!?

6 months ago '11        #3
tonio25 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,831 | Props total: 7600 7600
April fools joke. The date on the link says the 1st already

6 months ago '05        #4
danny|M 8 heat pts
space
space
$36,659 | Props total: 3209 3209

I'm about to log off the internet for this entire day.

6 months ago '04        #5
nitetrain8601 26 heat pts26
space
space
$15,995 | Props total: 6127 6127
It’s Easter and these fools tryna play games. fu*k em

6 months ago '16        #6
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,263 | Props total: 10978 10978

6 months ago '07        #7
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,560 | Props total: 1389 1389
Honestly other programs caught up to Kodi, been using external programs that has given me better results

6 months ago '05        #8
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said
Honestly other programs caught up to Kodi, been using external programs that has given me better results
Funny when people say this. What other programe
lets you stream movies, TV shows, music, play emulators of old games and also lets you watch local content that you've downloaded?

Kodi is much more than a program that just lets you watch movies from Primewire and other websites.

6 months ago '07        #9
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said
Funny when people say this. What other programe
lets you stream movies, TV shows, music, play emulators of old games and also lets you watch local content that you've downloaded?

Kodi is much more than a program that just lets you watch movies from Primewire and other websites.
Don't Use Kodi for Emulators I have a Retro Pie, Modded Xbox, and all systems. Don't need that. Have other forms of Music. Just need shows and movies. The plugins be suspect sometimes.

My daughter has a kid build in her room on the firestick. I have my FireTVstick loaded with games.

Why you caping for Kodi?

6 months ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said
Don't Use Kodi for Emulators I have a Retro Pie, Modded Xbox, and all systems. Don't need that. Have other forms of Music. Just need shows and movies. The plugins be suspect sometimes.

My daughter has a kid build in her room on the firestick. I have my FireTVstick loaded with games.

Why you caping for Kodi?
Doesn't matter if you use it or not. Doesn't change the fact that Kodi has features that you need multiple apps to replicate.

Call it caping all you want. You still can't name an app that does everything Kodi does. Which means no app has caught it yet. You tried it.

6 months ago '16        #11
Ghostface Killa 5 heat pts
space
space
$711 | Props total: 2100 2100
 Jae_Mike said
Can you post something or send it directly to me cuz these KODI apps been acting up for a while now, and I can never find a simple fix, always a complicated answer that causes more confusion than a.ssistance.

6 months ago '07        #12
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said
Doesn't matter if you use it or not. Doesn't change the fact that Kodi has features that you need multiple apps to replicate.

Call it caping all you want. You still can't name an app that does everything Kodi does. Which means no app has caught it yet. You tried it.
Majority of people only fu*k with Kodi for the Movies and Shows tho. Iptv is next level, but now external Iptv has surpassed it.

6 months ago '16        #13
Soo Special OG 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
space
$7,162 | Props total: 14572 14572
they got me

6 months ago '05        #14
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said
Majority of people only fu*k with Kodi for the Movies and Shows tho. Iptv is next level, but now external Iptv has surpassed it.
Not true at all. Kodi (XMBC) has been around for over a decade. Lots of people use it use it as intended, as a media center. Only recently did people start using to only stream movies and TV shows.

Not sure what "external IPTV" means or what IPTV has to do with Kodi. IPTV are services. Kodi is not a service. Terrible comparison, especially since most IPTV services can be used inside Kodi.

6 months ago '07        #15
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said
Not true at all. Kodi (XMBC) has been around for over a decade. Lots of people use it use it as intended, as a media center. Only recently did people start using to only stream movies and TV shows.

Not sure what "external IPTV" means or what IPTV has to do with Kodi. IPTV are services. Kodi is not a service. Terrible comparison, especially since most IPTV services can be used inside Kodi.
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly. All I'm saying is it's other options out there that gather the results as needed. I have Kodi in my media room. Have a 2tb external with movies, shows and pictures connected for my files and a nice build. Around the rest of the house Firesticks. My daughter has a full kids mod of Kodi in her room. I'm well aware of Kodi and Tech in general, but don't sleep. I have a Retro pie with Kodi as an application. Retropie has emulators in it's core so Kodi is used just for music and shows on that device. The Iptv services was plugins for Kodi. Sometime they worked sometimes they didn't. Now with IPTVs making external APKs I don't need to enter Kodi like I used to. Y'all n*ggas got emotional over one sentence tho, pathetic.

6 months ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly.
No need to read after that then. If you've been on Kodi since the beginning, you should see the ignorance in your statement. Kodi is, at it's core, a media center. Anything else it does is icing on the cake.

Side note: Still laughing at that idiotic statement comparing Kodi to IPTV services.

6 months ago '06        #17
detroitdipset 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 650 650
 Jae_Mike said
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly. All I'm saying is it's other options out there that gather the results as needed. I have Kodi in my media room. Have a 2tb external with movies, shows and pictures connected for my files and a nice build. Around the rest of the house Firesticks. My daughter has a full kids mod of Kodi in her room. I'm well aware of Kodi and Tech in general, but don't sleep. I have a Retro pie with Kodi as an application. Retropie has emulators in it's core so Kodi is used just for music and shows on that device. The Iptv services was plugins for Kodi. Sometime they worked sometimes they didn't. Now with IPTVs making external APKs I don't need to enter Kodi like I used to. Y'all n*ggas got emotional over one sentence tho, pathetic.
Damn bro , put a non-technical n*gga on. I want to live that household freedom life..

What would ya charge for said expertise?

6 months ago '17        #18
KobeThompson 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,497 | Props total: 11620 11620
n*ggas in here slaughtering @

6 months ago '07        #19
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 KobeThompson said
n*ggas in here TRYING to slaughter @
Fixed

6 months ago '07        #20
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 detroitdipset said
Damn bro , put a non-technical n*gga on. I want to live that household freedom life..

What would ya charge for said expertise?
Nothin at all fam, what devices you have?

6 months ago '12        #21
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,747 | Props total: 13910 13910
Somebody already made it clear. Kodi aint what it used to be. Just gotta keep real. I got rid of it lol. Too many alternatives and other methods. Honestly the only real advantage it really has is the contents menus. As far as content menus and organized data, its A1. But the program itself is so unstable now smh. Buggy, slower speeds. Its Overrated now! Take it from a tech savy cat. Other alternatives fetch links just as good and have less problems. This is what many people dont get. You actually have some people thinkin that Kodi stores the videos on its server itself smh lol. Its only a fetcher.

Plus you have other private servers too wit crisp HD.

Last edited by daman729; 04-02-2018 at 03:51 PM..

6 months ago '06        #22
detroitdipset 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 650 650
 Jae_Mike said
Nothin at all fam, what devices you have?
Currently all I have is 2 firesticks (outdated builds, so not even using them). I am kind of in the middle, I understand this all exists but not enough to get it for myself.

I'm just trying to pay for internet only and take advantage of all this tech (Movies, games music, tv) The firestick was a godsend but its outdated now.

6 months ago '04        #23
Grisly 37 heat pts37
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 4576 4576
 Jae_Mike said
can you let me know some programs bro?

i got a raspberry pi build that i had specifically for Kodi but now that sh*t aint working cause of the Kodi shutdown

5 months ago '18        #24
MaFF 
space
space
$102 | Props total: 208 208
Why n*ggas keep saying there alternatives to Kodi but haven't even named one??

5 months ago '05        #25
danny|M 8 heat pts
space
space
$36,659 | Props total: 3209 3209
 MaFF said
Why n*ggas keep saying there alternatives to Kodi but haven't even named one??
Because there are no other programs that do what Kodi does and as well as it does. These people are talking about streaming apps, but that's only one part of what Kodi does. Kodi is an all-in-one media center, not just a streaming app.

5 months ago '18        #26
kross krush 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 34 34
 daman729 said
Somebody already made it clear. Kodi aint what it used to be. Just gotta keep real. I got rid of it lol. Too many alternatives and other methods. Honestly the only real advantage it really has is the contents menus. As far as content menus and organized data, its A1. But the program itself is so unstable now smh. Buggy, slower speeds. Its Overrated now! Take it from a tech savy cat. Other alternatives fetch links just as good and have less problems. This is what many people dont get. You actually have some people thinkin that Kodi stores the videos on its server itself smh lol. Its only a fetcher.

Plus you have other private servers too wit crisp HD.

What are these alternatives with HD streams you speak of? You can PM me to if you dont want it public.

5 months ago '12        #27
gunshot225 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 5225 5225
 kross krush said
What are these alternatives with HD streams you speak of? You can PM me to if you dont want it public.

5 months ago '18        #28
kross krush 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 34 34
 gunshot225 said

Home      

top in section
online now  37
12 comments
top in movies
top in section
online now  35
110 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
online now  36
34 comments
top in tech

most viewed right now
online now  40
audio inside Lupe Fiasco – King Nas
169 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  38
No wine no roses just 7 min n some bb oil
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  38
Article inside Huge marijuana bundles are washing up on Florida beaches after hurric..
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Joe Budden Said Diddy Told Him Eminem Is Going To Be "Handled" & His MG..
238 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Lost City of Atlantis hidden in plain sight?
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside OBH rapper Skinny on the Run for MURDER gives Live update from UHAUL tr..
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy