April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward

most viewed right now
Video inside Accomplished Milf Julia Ann advice on how to bag Milfs
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Mark Whalberg a good dude out here feeding the homeless, wait a min tha..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside now I ain't with that gay incest sh-t, BUT...
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Boosie Responds To His BM
108 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '16        #1
1856 page views
28 comments

Soo Special OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 13084 13084
April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward

As many of you may have noticed, Google has decided to remove autocomplete support for the word Kodi. While the team finds this move disappointing, we've determined a real solution for the problem. While Kodi no longer autocompletes, XBMC still does! As such, starting today, we are officially changing our name back to XBMC.

But we're not stopping there. We've had a good long run being a multi-platform system, but at the end of the day covering six or more platforms has become far too much of a stress. Android support alone taxes our resources in a way no volunteer development team can ever reasonably be expected to handle. And all the other platforms just makes this worse. So, in an executive decision that we believe the entire community will support, we at Team XBMC have decided to fully embrace our roots.

Starting today, we would like to announce that we are exclusively supporting only the Xbox One. We will be disabling support for all other platforms in the forum starting immediately and will begin shifting our website to reflect this change in the very near future. The work to make Kodi for Xbox a premier platform has finally paid off!

Making this decision was not easy. For example, there was a lot of debate about whether to fully embrace the name XBMC, or to change to XBOMC (Xbox One Media Center), but at the end of the day, we thought tradition should win out. Also, the current numbering scheme was developed for multiplatform support, so we decided that our upcoming release should be renamed AND RENUMBERED from Kodi 18.0 to XBMC 3.0.0. It just makes sense!

We will be reskinning XBMC 3.0.0 to something a bit more appropriate ASAP. But we’re excited to say that because we are only supporting a single platform, we anticipate full release this April, or at the latest early May!

In addition, we're excited to announce a limited 3 day sale for this rename featuring XBMC shirts, mugs, and stickers!

Thanks for sticking with us all these years! And Android, OSX, iOS, and Linux... see ya later!
Wowww

visit this link https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-no-more
Ghostface Killa and 2 others gave props

Y.G. and 2 others slapped this ish

28 comments for "April fools: Kodi rename to XBMC, Only Supporting For XBOX One Moving Forward"

4 months ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,942 | Props total: 17502 17502
Surely this is a legitimate article and not an April Fool's prank!?
memphis10 and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '11        #3
tonio25 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,743 | Props total: 7208 7208
April fools joke. The date on the link says the 1st already
@MR SMOOTH$ gave props

4 months ago '05        #4
danny|M 8 heat pts
space
space
$36,639 | Props total: 3194 3194

I'm about to log off the internet for this entire day.
deziking and 3 others gave props

4 months ago '04        #5
nitetrain8601 24 heat pts24
space
space
$15,746 | Props total: 5485 5485
It’s Easter and these fools tryna play games. fu*k em
Fearless Genius gave props

4 months ago '16        #6
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,919 | Props total: 10501 10501
 4 months ago '07        #7
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 1294 1294
Honestly other programs caught up to Kodi, been using external programs that has given me better results
Ghostface Killa and 1 others gave props

l3altimore7 and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '05        #8
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said:
Honestly other programs caught up to Kodi, been using external programs that has given me better results
Funny when people say this. What other programe
lets you stream movies, TV shows, music, play emulators of old games and also lets you watch local content that you've downloaded?

Kodi is much more than a program that just lets you watch movies from Primewire and other websites.
l3altimore7 gave props

Ghostface Killa slapped this ish

3 months ago '07        #9
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Funny when people say this. What other programe
lets you stream movies, TV shows, music, play emulators of old games and also lets you watch local content that you've downloaded?

Kodi is much more than a program that just lets you watch movies from Primewire and other websites.
Don't Use Kodi for Emulators I have a Retro Pie, Modded Xbox, and all systems. Don't need that. Have other forms of Music. Just need shows and movies. The plugins be suspect sometimes.

My daughter has a kid build in her room on the firestick. I have my FireTVstick loaded with games.

Why you caping for Kodi?
Ghostface Killa and 2 others gave props

l3altimore7 slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said:
Don't Use Kodi for Emulators I have a Retro Pie, Modded Xbox, and all systems. Don't need that. Have other forms of Music. Just need shows and movies. The plugins be suspect sometimes.

My daughter has a kid build in her room on the firestick. I have my FireTVstick loaded with games.

Why you caping for Kodi?
Doesn't matter if you use it or not. Doesn't change the fact that Kodi has features that you need multiple apps to replicate.

Call it caping all you want. You still can't name an app that does everything Kodi does. Which means no app has caught it yet. You tried it.
 3 months ago '16        #11
Ghostface Killa 5 heat pts
space
space
$676 | Props total: 2016 2016
 Jae_Mike said:
Can you post something or send it directly to me cuz these KODI apps been acting up for a while now, and I can never find a simple fix, always a complicated answer that causes more confusion than a.ssistance.
Jae_Mike and 2 others gave props

3 months ago '07        #12
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Doesn't matter if you use it or not. Doesn't change the fact that Kodi has features that you need multiple apps to replicate.

Call it caping all you want. You still can't name an app that does everything Kodi does. Which means no app has caught it yet. You tried it.
Majority of people only fu*k with Kodi for the Movies and Shows tho. Iptv is next level, but now external Iptv has surpassed it.
l3altimore7 slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #13
Soo Special OG 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 13084 13084
they got me
 3 months ago '05        #14
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said:
Majority of people only fu*k with Kodi for the Movies and Shows tho. Iptv is next level, but now external Iptv has surpassed it.
Not true at all. Kodi (XMBC) has been around for over a decade. Lots of people use it use it as intended, as a media center. Only recently did people start using to only stream movies and TV shows.

Not sure what "external IPTV" means or what IPTV has to do with Kodi. IPTV are services. Kodi is not a service. Terrible comparison, especially since most IPTV services can be used inside Kodi.
l3altimore7 gave props

3 months ago '07        #15
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Not true at all. Kodi (XMBC) has been around for over a decade. Lots of people use it use it as intended, as a media center. Only recently did people start using to only stream movies and TV shows.

Not sure what "external IPTV" means or what IPTV has to do with Kodi. IPTV are services. Kodi is not a service. Terrible comparison, especially since most IPTV services can be used inside Kodi.
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly. All I'm saying is it's other options out there that gather the results as needed. I have Kodi in my media room. Have a 2tb external with movies, shows and pictures connected for my files and a nice build. Around the rest of the house Firesticks. My daughter has a full kids mod of Kodi in her room. I'm well aware of Kodi and Tech in general, but don't sleep. I have a Retro pie with Kodi as an application. Retropie has emulators in it's core so Kodi is used just for music and shows on that device. The Iptv services was plugins for Kodi. Sometime they worked sometimes they didn't. Now with IPTVs making external APKs I don't need to enter Kodi like I used to. Y'all n*ggas got emotional over one sentence tho, pathetic.
detroitdipset gave props

3 months ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jae_Mike said:
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly.
No need to read after that then. If you've been on Kodi since the beginning, you should see the ignorance in your statement. Kodi is, at it's core, a media center. Anything else it does is icing on the cake.

Side note: Still laughing at that idiotic statement comparing Kodi to IPTV services.
Chicken_N_I-Roc and 1 others gave props

Jae_Mike slapped this ish

3 months ago '06        #17
detroitdipset 
space
space
$554 | Props total: 605 605
 Jae_Mike said:
Y'all cats caping for a program, I been on Kodi since Xbmc before it was user friendly. All I'm saying is it's other options out there that gather the results as needed. I have Kodi in my media room. Have a 2tb external with movies, shows and pictures connected for my files and a nice build. Around the rest of the house Firesticks. My daughter has a full kids mod of Kodi in her room. I'm well aware of Kodi and Tech in general, but don't sleep. I have a Retro pie with Kodi as an application. Retropie has emulators in it's core so Kodi is used just for music and shows on that device. The Iptv services was plugins for Kodi. Sometime they worked sometimes they didn't. Now with IPTVs making external APKs I don't need to enter Kodi like I used to. Y'all n*ggas got emotional over one sentence tho, pathetic.
Damn bro , put a non-technical n*gga on. I want to live that household freedom life..

What would ya charge for said expertise?
Jae_Mike and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #18
KobeThompson 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,185 | Props total: 10961 10961
n*ggas in here slaughtering @
Y.G. gave props

3 months ago '07        #19
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 KobeThompson said:
n*ggas in here TRYING to slaughter @
Fixed
Grisly gave props

Y.G. slapped this ish

3 months ago '07        #20
Jae_Mike 28 heat pts28
space
space
 detroitdipset said:
Damn bro , put a non-technical n*gga on. I want to live that household freedom life..

What would ya charge for said expertise?
Nothin at all fam, what devices you have?
Grisly and 1 others gave props

detroitdipset slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
3 out of 5 black men
79 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Real Eyes Wide Shut
75 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is He The Goat Or The Worst Big Brother Of All Time?
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damnnnnnn this lil bi*ch seeing progress on her bulk diet.
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mrs. Officer
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sacha Baron Cohen’s Who Is America? [Official Discussion Thread]
95 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
MMA Conor: Putin one of the greatest leaders of our time
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Adrien Broner Beat Up Last Nite By Jeezy Goon Boston George In Houston ..
187 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy