online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sea of Thieves is maybe 5 to 10% of a Complete Game

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

6 years ago '07        #1
4193 page views
0 comments

21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 102997 102 K  Slaps total: 26275 26 K
Sea of Thieves is maybe 5 to 10% of a Complete Game

The problem is that Sea of Thieves is not a complete game. It just isn’t. It’s maybe 5 or 10% of one, but given what other open world/co-op games can offer you for $60, it’s just astonishing how little Sea of Thieves offers. The issues? Where to start.

.All three factions feel the same with nearly identical, radiant fetch quests that have you go to X island to get X thing and return without sinking/dying. Raids are just some waves of skeletons.

.The islands are almost entirely lifeless. You can see them all in about a day of play, and they almost never house anything interesting other than your quest objective, however pretty they may be.

.Enemy variety is almost non-existent, skeletons, snakes and an "endgame boss" kraken that has already been turned into a meme by players, as the thing is just tentacles with no actual body lurking under the water. Perhaps a metaphor for the entire game.
emoji

.Progression is almost entirely cosmetic short of a couple new weapons and items. And while you can change your ship’s sails and paint, there are fundamentally still only two kinds of ships in this entire pirate game, which seems crazy.

.PvP is a poorly thought-through griefing nightmare. Other players almost always attack on sight, derailing your quests or just being flat out annoying. My last three quests in a row, I went to turn in a chest and came back to find that someone had stolen my empty ship for literally no reason other than to be irritating. The last time, someone called me a "c***" on their mic as I tried to swim after my departing ship, and then shot me in the head. Good times. It’s The Division where the entire map is the Dark Zone, and it makes it incredibly hard for players to enjoy what little PvE content there is in peace.
 Link

I knew it was gonna be trash but not this bad
emoji

Best thing to come from this game was the themed controller.

Last edited by 21; 03-21-2018 at 04:21 PM..

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4112
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
68 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
21 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+336
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-204
Video inside Mar 16 - Trump: if I don't get elected it's going to be a bloodbath
758 comments
2 days ago
@news