Black Panther’ Editor Reveals Two ‘Painful’ Scenes Cut From Film

most viewed right now
Jun 22 - Boy, stabbed in neck, dies after running to hospital
102 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ok my dudes. Regardless of ya locations! Name a rapper that U frequent..
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #JusticeforJunior
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Kobe a hoe ass nigga for trying to sell these sh-ts
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '17        #1
2995 pageviews
34 comments

O1as 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,094 | Props total: 14608 14608
Black Panther’ Editor Reveals Two ‘Painful’ Scenes Cut From Film

Even a juicy, global sensation like "Black Panther" had some fat to trim -- not that anyone involved in the blockbuster was happy about leaving moments on the cutting room floor.

The film's editor and frequent Ryan Coogler collaborator Michael Shawver spoke with ThewWrap about his latest gig, a cultural phenomenon that on Sunday crossed the billion-dollar mark at the worldwide box office.

"Hands down the most painful scene to cut was [one] with Danai Gurira and Daniel Kaluuya," Shawver said of the actors, who play Wakanda's armed forces General Okoye and tribe ambassador W'Kabi, respectively. They're also onscreen lovers.

"Toward the end, after things go bad and k!llmonger [Michael B. Jordan] is in control and all that, we're talking about, what are they going to do? What is Wakanda going to become?" Shawver recalled.

"Those are two powerhouse actors and it was an incredible scene with so many layers to it -- boyfriend and girlfriend, it was general and her advisor, all those things. That was painful," he said.

In his role as editor, Shawver said his priority was to "have your finger on the pulse of what the audience is feeling. At that point in the movie, it's about two thirds through, and that's when most movies drag. Ours was taking a while to get to that point."

The other cut scene was a grounding moment for Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa and Forest Whitaker's Zuri, the latter serving as an elder statesman for the fictional African country under the black panther's rule.

"There's a scene between Chadwick and Forest's characters which sets up their relationship. It sort of lets you attach yourself to their father-son dynamic so that later on in the film ... you really feel more," he said.

Shawver confirmed that the scenes would be included on the forthcoming home entertainment release of "Black Panther," available as DVD extras.

The editor and director met as film school students at the University of Southern California, where Shawver said he gravitated toward Coogler's bold and personal filmmaking style. Shawver never imagined they would reach this level of success, he admitted.

"Ryan and I have been a team for five years, it's honestly hard to wrap my head around it," said Shawver, who said Coogler approached Marvel executives with the same determination and heart he had for their indie "Fruitvale Station."

"It was a great excuse as an adult male to read as many comics as I could. I got a sense of it, Ryan brought me to Marvel and they asked me everything from 'Will you be able to handle this?' to, 'What is your favorite Marvel movie?" Shawver said. "Ryan likes to be able to trust everybody he works with."

In his job interview, Shawver told the executives his favorite Marvel film was "The Avengers." We dare say he's got a new favorite now.

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. ilm/ar-BBK96Ow
Rich130 and 12 others gave props

34 comments for "Black Panther’ Editor Reveals Two ‘Painful’ Scenes Cut From Film"

3 months ago '09        #2
ahmadou1 47 heat pts47
space
space
$8,861 | Props total: 15574 15574
Definitely getting the full directors cut.
Frankie Needles and 20 others gave props

3 months ago '06        #3
LeMar G 246 heat pts246
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 42331 42331
Did they ever explain why they removed his intelligence and gave it to shuri?

Why is BP a mandingo f!ghter now?
Big Yari and 3 others gave props

mumbosauce and 19 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #4
1Oh 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,805 | Props total: 9234 9234
 LeMar G said:
Did they ever explain why they removed his intelligence and gave it to shuri?

Why is BP a mandingo f!ghter now?
So you missed the part when T'Challa said he designed the Civil War armor, when T'Challa strategized Nakia's rescue in the beginning of the movie, when T'Challa bugged Agent Ross during the Klaw interrogation on the low, and when T'Challa strategically deactivated Erik & his own armor in the great mound.

There's more than one way to be intelligent. You don't have to be an obvious computer whiz (Shuri's character). T'Challa is a subtle, calm, strategist and leader; and plays at least one step ahead.
O1as and 67 others gave props

LeMar G and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #5
Frankie Needles 70 heat pts70
space
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 10194 10194
 ahmadou1 said:
Definitely getting the full directors cut.
I need that full 4 hour cut that was rumored...fu*k deleted scenes as extras...put them sh*ts in the edit and give me the full thing, I don't care if the run time bloats to 6 hours it'll be worth it
ahmadou1 and 34 others gave props

3 months ago '14        #6
mumbosauce 269 heat pts269
space
space
space
$10,238 | Props total: 14430 14430
 1Oh said:
So you missed the part when T'Challa said
Over his head like bird sh*t
Ifeellikekobe and 8 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #7
ATLDOPEBOI30 74 heat pts74
space
space
$33,532 | Props total: 7294 7294
Yea when that 4hr cut go on preorder
cloudy55 gave props

3 months ago '06        #8
LeMar G 246 heat pts246
space
space
 1Oh said:
So you missed the part when T'Challa said he designed the Civil War armor, when T'Challa strategized Nakia's rescue in the beginning of the movie, when T'Challa bugged Agent Ross during the Klaw interrogation on the low, and when T'Challa strategically deactivated Erik & his own armor in the great mound.

There's more than one way to be intelligent. You don't have to be an obvious computer whiz (Shuri's character). T'Challa is a subtle, calm, strategist and leader; and plays at least one step ahead.
This goes against his character tho

He IS probably top 3 smartest individulas in the Marvel universe.

So what he can strategize, even cap can do that.

If you only know MCU miss me with that commentary

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by LeMar G; 03-13-2018 at 12:05 PM..
EZ Green and 2 others gave props

kriskross00 and 18 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #9
YAYO101 
space
space
$2,887 | Props total: 7530 7530
Yeah sign me up for the 4 Hour cut too not just the same fu*king Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel Bullsh*t

It will likely break records when it releases Blu Ray and Digital as well
1Oh and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '07        #10
Rico23 22 heat pts22
space
space
$44,622 | Props total: 7898 7898
This n*gga @ be having the funniest avy's

That said, MCU has cut down the IQ(at face value) of 2 prominent black superheroes in both Falcon and Black Panther. and that said they are both supposed to be as smart as Tony, arguably smarter in the case of T'Challa.

Something i personally noticed and i'm FAR from the heavy comic head. So if I can see this, not sure how ppl can question comic heads who have more knowledge than me
LeMar G and 5 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #11
CJ Schwarz 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,990 | Props total: 7976 7976
 LeMar G said:

[pic - click to view]

Your probably new to Marvel comics but the top 3 smartest earth based characters canon wise are Reed, Doom, and Valeria. Cho is 7 so T'challa is btwn 4-6 or 8-10. You take your pick.
LeMar G and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '06        #12
LeMar G 246 heat pts246
space
space
 CJ Schwarz said:
Your probably new to Marvel comics but the top 3 smartest earth based characters canon wise are Reed, Doom, and Valeria. Cho is 7 so T'challa is btwn 4-6 or 8-10. You take your pick.

Im not new to sh*t,

and that's your opinion since intelligence isnt ranked in cannon.

And you didnt even mention Pym

FOH
 3 months ago '07        #13
Rico23 22 heat pts22
space
space
$44,622 | Props total: 7898 7898
 CJ Schwarz said:

Thanks for keeping up with the real issues in this thread
 3 months ago '17        #14
BXSPAGHETT 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,313 | Props total: 1365 1365
This is like star wars for black people. GOD DAMNNNNNNN
ChitownSavior01 and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #15
1Oh 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,805 | Props total: 9234 9234
 LeMar G said:

So in the context of this movie's plot, what exactly did you want him to do to prove that he's super intelligent?

You needed a montage of him in a lab coat with test tubes and tinkering with wakandan technology to prove he's smart?

SeanFiero and 7 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #16
CJ Schwarz 2 heat pts
space
space
 LeMar G said:

Im not new to sh*t,

and that's your opinion since intelligence isnt ranked in cannon.

And you didnt even mention Pym

FOH
You said T'challa was top 3 and this the only site I've seen it stated as so. It's just an understanding that the top 3 is Reed, Valeria, and Doom.

1. REED
2. DOOM
3.Valeria
4. Pym
5. Banner
6. T'challa
 3 months ago '06        #17
LeMar G 246 heat pts246
space
space
 CJ Schwarz said:
You said T'challa was top 3 and this the only site I've seen it stated as so. It's just an understanding that the top 3 is Reed, Valeria, and Doom.

1. REED
2. DOOM
3.Valeria
4. Pym
5. Banner
6. T'challa
reread what i wrote, I said probably,

but regardless i'm not mad at that

Although there is no understanding on anything thats not cannon. I could argue moon girl is smarter than all of them.

But, I would argue that Stark and Tchalla should be on that list over banner

Reed's intelligence is overrated AF

But thats the nice thing about comics. I can make that claim anytime I want.
BRonin357 gave props

C. Wat slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #18
CJ Schwarz 2 heat pts
space
space
 LeMar G said:
reread what i wrote, I said probably,

but regardless i'm not mad at that

Although there is no understanding on anything thats not cannon. I could argue moon girl is smarter than all of them.

But, I would argue that Stark and Tchalla should be on that list over banner

Reed's intelligence is overrated AF

But thats the nice thing about comics. I can make that claim anytime I want.
Respect bro Black Panther hit a billy that's all that matters, Wakanda forever
[pic - click to view]

LeMar G and 5 others gave props

3 months ago '08        #19
Kewop Decam 84 heat pts84
space
space
space
$17,110 | Props total: 12698 12698
 1Oh said:

Based on the actual character from the comics, he in the movie is kind a dumb dumb when compared to.
LeMar G gave props

3 months ago '17        #20
GDmoney 
space
space
space
$220 | Props total: 168 168
 1Oh said:

Damn !!!😲
But true !
1Oh gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New iPhone Leak Reveals Apple's Nasty Surprise
32 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Teyana Taylor live stream
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nuttin butt azz💦💦💦
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend is a worshipper of Lucifer and possible ..
91 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Kendall fine AF BUT WHOA! Cringe...
92 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video of NYC in 1993 recorded in 1080p from 1993
85 comments
1 day ago