Ray Allen's new book sheds light on Celtics drama

most viewed right now
what rappers came and went
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Suns Could Have Interest In Taking On Luol Deng's Contract With Assets Att..
97 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dating in 2018
112 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Chris Byrd: Wilder Can't Take Pressure, Almost Lost To Old Man
41 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '16        #1
5534 pageviews
80 comments

Player2 510 heat pts510
space
space
$15,270 | Props total: 51563 51563
Ray Allen's new book sheds light on Celtics drama

As Allen tells it, there were early signs that he and Garnett, who were both intense players and intense personalities, would eventually clash. Allen recalled dribbling in front of his locker during the Celtics’ preseason trip to Rome in 2007, which was something Allen had done to prepare for games his entire career. The dribbling annoyed Garnett, though, who told Allen, “No, you’re not going to do that.”

“You can’t tell me what to do,” Allen remembered responding, as teammates looked on. “You do what you do, and I do what I do.”

As Allen wrote, “Gee, can two grown men be any more juvenile?” And it was a similar experience when, before the start of the season, Garnett and Allen went out to dinner at a steakhouse in Boston and spoke about their roots together as teenage players in the 1990s, and the pain of being on losing teams in the past. After dinner, Allen wrote, he asked the waitress for the check.

“No,” Garnett said, “I tip way better than him, so you better give me the check.” It was the first time they’d gone to dinner together, and Allen pointed out that Garnett had no idea how much Allen tipped. “There was no point in arguing with the guy,” Allen writes. “What struck me was that he felt the need to be seen as being superior to me, even in something as petty as this.”

“KG would quarrel with his grandmother if she signed with another team,” Allen said.

At the opposite end of that spectrum is Rondo. Allen describes their early relationship as one of young player and mentor. “I couldn’t have gotten along with him any better,” Allen writes. “He was like a little brother to me.”

But by 2011, that relationship was in tatters. Allen recalled that in 2009, because the Celtics’ front office had issues with Rondo, there was talk that Allen and Rondo would be traded to Phoenix for a package built around Amar'e Stoudemire. Allen told Rondo at the time that he should talk to team president Danny Ainge to work out their problems and keep from being traded.

It came up again during the 2010-11 season. In a team meeting, Allen writes, Rondo told his teammates, “I carried all of you to the championship in 2008.”

Allen continued: “The rest of the team, almost in unison, responded, ‘You what?’” Rondo said everyone on the team had problems with him, and when Allen told him, “None of us had issues with you,” Rondo said to him, “You did, too. You told me I was the reason we were going to be traded.”

Allen details the famed incident during the Celtics’ playoff series against Miami in 2011, when Rivers was going over film with the team and pointing out some of the errors made during their losses in the first two games. Rondo “put his head down and turned his chair toward the lockers.” Rivers implored him to watch the film.

“F— that film,” Rondo said, according to Allen, hurling a water bottle at the screen and breaking it. Rivers ordered Rondo out. Garnett followed him and said, “Young fella, you need to get your s— together.”

Despite the tension of the 2011-12 season, Allen wrote that “The plan was to stay in Boston.” But the Celtics, who signed guard Jason Terry, offered two years and $12 million where Allen was seeking three years and $24 million. According to Allen, the sum total of events in Boston nudged him to sign elsewhere.

“So let me see if I got this straight,” he wrote. “You want to pay me less money. You want to bring me off the bench. You want to continue to run the offense around Rondo. Now tell me again exactly why I would want to sign this contract?”

In the end, Allen took even less money to sign with Miami for two years and $6 million, because the Heat had the best chance to win a title.
visit this link http://www.sportingnews.c .. m1rxr5z8zti32a
jsilerio and 46 others gave props

PineappleOG and 1 others slapped this ish

80 comments for "Ray Allen's new book sheds light on Celtics drama"

3 months ago '04        #2
Kadroan 124 heat pts124
space
space
$35,420 | Props total: 8469 8469
Interesting.
cloudy55 gave props

3 months ago '05        #3
firehandles 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,297 | Props total: 1341 1341
lmaooooo @ rondo
Lurker and 19 others gave props

3 months ago '10        #4
Agentzer0oo0 216 heat pts216
space
space
$69,556 | Props total: 28855 28855
Sounds believable to be honest.

Is KG not a petty person?

Is Rondo not bipolar?
blah blah blah and 57 others gave props

3 months ago '11        #5
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 2409 2409
Rondo told his teammates, “I carried all of you to the championship in 2008.”

the nerve, but I guess you dont make it to the NBA by being humble
bmandagod and 24 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #6
Kanan 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$4,758 | Props total: 10575 10575
Everybody basically had egos & insecurities

Which led to the team’s destruction

Sad but as people we all deal with it

And as men we want to hide our insecurities & use our egos as a defense mechanism

Only through self reflection are we able to combat & overcome this behavior
Carrera and 27 others gave props

sj808 slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #7
Player2 510 heat pts510 OP
space
space
$15,270 | Props total: 51563 51563
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Sounds believable to be honest.

Is KG not a petty person?

Is Rondo not bipolar?
Rondo's a bi*ch
drose1985 and 6 others gave props

SeanFiero and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '10        #8
Agentzer0oo0 216 heat pts216
space
space
$69,556 | Props total: 28855 28855
 Player2 said:
Rondo's a bi*ch
isthistobe and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '14        #9
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
$13,958 | Props total: 22881 22881
“You what?”
JesusShuttles and 43 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #10
SeanFiero 169 heat pts169
space
space
space
$5,207 | Props total: 11517 11517
That all sounds bad like one big dysfunctional group....But as we see now everyone gets along except Allen.

Something don't add up Jesus
REDUCE23 and 7 others gave props

3 months ago '07        #11
Cartel-Clipz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$32,195 | Props total: 30811 30811
This kind of makes Ray look like a weak person to me in my eyes. When he said “What struck me was that he felt the need to be seen as being superior to me, even in something as petty as this.” I already know what kind of man you are.
NYCBravado and 1 others gave props

Quasimoto and 31 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #12
3BossK 171 heat pts171
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 12358 12358
lmfao Rondo is hilarious
isthistobe and 4 others gave props

3 months ago '12        #13
SE Texas713 1 heat pts
space
space
$549 | Props total: 548 548
 Cartel-Clipz said:
This kind of makes Ray look like a weak person to me in my eyes. When he said “What struck me was that he felt the need to be seen as being superior to me, even in something as petty as this.” I already know what kind of man you are.
How does hat make him weak? All he said was there’s no point in trying to show out in front of the waitress. If you let that slide then Garnett will just try it again. KG is like Kobe in that he will test you to see how much heart you got. Ray was just sayin it ain’t that crucial over a dinner bill
quan3106 and 37 others gave props

3 months ago '10        #14
quan3106 94 heat pts94
space
space
$11,193 | Props total: 19122 19122
 ricengravy said:
Rondo told his teammates, “I carried all of you to the championship in 2008.”

the nerve, but I guess you dont make it to the NBA by being humble
Best part was that they all in unison yelled "What!?!?!?”
Quillajones and 5 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #15
KoKaine Dawkins 51 heat pts51
space
space
$1,346 | Props total: 1593 1593
so his Ray gonna talk about his Grindr adventures in the book?
Slickster90 and 6 others gave props

batmanwithprep and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '14        #16
TrillbertArenas 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,117 | Props total: 4350 4350
No one can say Rondo didnt have balls. Mans told 3 hall of famers he carried them to a ring without havinh a reliable jumpshot. Incredible
Glock Rivers and 63 others gave props

3 months ago '07        #17
Cartel-Clipz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$32,195 | Props total: 30811 30811
 SE Texas713 said:
How does hat make him weak? All he said was there’s no point in trying to show out in front of the waitress. If you let that slide then Garnett will just try it again. KG is like Kobe in that he will test you to see how much heart you got. Ray was just sayin it ain’t that crucial over a dinner bill
because he's coming to the conclusion that KG did that to be looked at as superior. Where the fu*k did that even come from? The man made a joke and said he would pay and the first thing he went to was he thinks he's better than me. That's that mental midget bullsh*t.
NYCBravado and 4 others gave props

bettawitchedda and 5 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #18
Glock Rivers 242 heat pts242
space
space
$19,577 | Props total: 42688 42688
 TrillbertArenas said:
No one can say Rondo didnt have balls. Mans told 3 hall of famers he carried them to a ring without havinh a reliable jumpshot. Incredible
Jay585 and 8 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #19
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,309 | Props total: 3974 3974
 SeanFiero said:
That all sounds bad like one big dysfunctional group....But as we see now everyone gets along except Allen.

Something don't add up Jesus
Ray could just not like them and not care to mend anything. Doesn’t mean what he’s saying is false as Rondo has the exact reputation that Ray states and KG been a “tough guy” his whole career
King Afrika and 7 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #20
144000 49 heat pts49
space
space
$5,939 | Props total: 7953 7953
Ray Allen seems 100% like a gay man when you step back & think about it

On another note I could never imagine that dude f!ghting for civil rights or anything like that... something's up w/ him
Aztlan gave props

BlackJew and 12 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This bi-ch is too bad for her damn good!
28 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside You Damn Right I Like BBW's...
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Stephen A. Smith Apologizes For Saying He Likes Big Butts
76 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
s3x: the baby mama position
40 comments
20 hours ago