FBI arrests CEO for customizing BBs...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

9 months ago '06        #1
6100 page views
34 comments

LYTE 152 heat pts152
space
space
space
$15,552 | Props total: 7657 7657
FBI arrests CEO for customizing BBs...

Phantom Secure is a company known for selling customized BlackBerry models. To make the 'Berry even more secure than it is out of the box, the camera and microphones are removed and secure messages are sent only through private networks. While certain businesses and politicians might have an interest in such a device, it appears that a percentage of Phantom Secure's business is conducted with gangs, according to a report published on Saturday.

Papers filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California last week, charge Phantom Secure's founder and CEO Vincent Ramos with racketeering, conspiracy to conduct enterprise affairs, and allege that he took part in a conspiracy to distribute narcotics. Ramos was also charged with aiding and abetting. The complaint adds that the company was created to help hide criminal activity.

According to the report, besides the removal of the camera and microphone, the customized BlackBerry models each have their GPS system, internet browser, and normal messaging system removed. Added to these phones is the Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) software for encryption, and messages are sent through overseas networks. And if one of these devices is confiscated by law enforcement, it can be remotely wiped by Phantom Secure.

Link for remaining pages of document
visit this link https://www.documentcloud .. Complaint.html

Ramos was arrested last Thursday and the complaint, which was written by FBI Special Agent Nicholas Cheviron, includes some details about the use of Phantom Secure's customized BlackBerry phones by major drug cartels and multinational crime gangs. Over 20,000 units are said to be in use with half of those being used in Australia.

Last edited by LYTE; 03-11-2018 at 12:42 PM..

34 comments for "FBI arrests CEO for customizing BBs..."

9 months ago '09        #2
DEATH 60 heat pts60
space
space
$23,518 | Props total: 3759 3759
Australia has cartels?

9 months ago '06        #3
bigkilla 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$6,710 | Props total: 12370 12370
I understand what the phones can be used for

But because people want to stay off the grid... it's illegal to modify your own device you paid them for?

Is this what we're leading to? that if you don't have tracking capabilities on your phone you will be arrested?

I can almost bet that all those other charges won't hold and they're tacking them on to make the guy look like a criminal.... did he probably know? yea probably... but was he a part of it? no. It was his business to modify phones... are we going to arrest everyone who knows how to design hidden compartments in cars? arrest people who make VPNs?

This is getting ridiculous.

9 months ago '10        #4
SoFresh170 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,363 | Props total: 3344 3344
 bigkilla said

But because people want to stay off the grid... it's illegal to modify your own device you paid them for?

Is this what we're leading to? that if you don't have tracking capabilities on your phone you will be arrested?

I can almost bet that all those other charges won't hold and they're tacking them on to make the guy look like a criminal.... did he probably know? yea probably... but was he a part of it? no. It was his business to modify phones... are we going to arrest everyone who knows how to design hidden compartments in cars? arrest people who make VPNs?

Seems like we're headed in that direction. If big brother can't watch you then you will be imprisoned and watched.

9 months ago '15        #5
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,075 | Props total: 22768 22768
 bigkilla said

At the very least they just wanna put the pressure on him and cost him a sh*t load of money in lawyer fees. U know how they do.

9 months ago '15        #6
Fantastic 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,091 | Props total: 7196 7196
Nah fbi trapped him theyve been working him for a few years. They got him admitting the phones are for terrorist use. Even had a undercover ask him about erasing the phone because his buddy got caught with drugs and had the messages on his phone. They have servers in Panama which no govt can access so thats how secure it was. Pretty sh*tty they set the guy up but the govt doesnt want you to have privacy especially youre phone since they can pretty much get anytype of information about you from it almost instantly.

9 months ago '06        #7
bigkilla 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
 Kden said
At the very least they just wanna put the pressure on him and cost him a sh*t load of money in lawyer fees. U know how they do.
Yup... and ruin his image before he even gets into court.

9 months ago '06        #8
UrZTrulY-KINg 13 heat pts13
space
space
$888 | Props total: 249 249
 bigkilla said

In ohio I kno they passed a law a few years back about compartments just having one even if empty is illegal

9 months ago '04        #9
tnice 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 7200 7200

[pic - click to view]

9 months ago '15        #10
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,908 | Props total: 17089 17089
 UrZTrulY-KINg said
In ohio I kno they passed a law a few years back about compartments just having one even if empty is illegal
Yo I swear they said some sh*t like 10 years

9 months ago '18        #11
illicit lee 
space
space
space
$169 | Props total: 304 304
 WILLIAM said
Australia has cartels?

sh*t started as a prison colony so imagine smh ..

ive read all kinds of sh*t .. unfortunately

9 months ago '18        #12
illicit lee 
space
space
space
$169 | Props total: 304 304
crazy how that Q [A N O
N

DUDE WAS SAYING WATCH AUSTRALIA LAST WEEK

9 months ago '15        #13
Philly dude 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 719 719
This is a bogus control thing to keep wealth in certain hands because pre paid phones do the same sh*t

9 months ago '06        #14
bigkilla 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
 Fantastic said
Nah fbi trapped him theyve been working him for a few years. They got him admitting the phones are for terrorist use. Even had a undercover ask him about erasing the phone because his buddy got caught with drugs and had the messages on his phone. They have servers in Panama which no govt can access so thats how secure it was. Pretty sh*tty they set the guy up but the govt doesnt want you to have privacy especially youre phone since they can pretty much get anytype of information about you from it almost instantly.
You aren't understanding the point. This is the beginning bruh... I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist and all that but that's how it always begins... someone gets arrested on some crazy sh*t to convince everyone else to give up their rights.

So when Sony admitted terrorists were using the Playstation to talk undetected that's ok?

It's always a snowball effect... look how they're trying to take down that telegram app or whatever.

Look at all the surveillance there is now... 20 years ago none of that woulda flew... but people get scared and say "I have nothing to hide it's ok"... but don't understand the repercussions.. the dude's business was to modify phones.

9 months ago '15        #15
Fantastic 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,091 | Props total: 7196 7196
 bigkilla said
You aren't understanding the point. This is the beginning bruh... I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist and all that but that's how it always begins... someone gets arrested on some crazy sh*t to convince everyone else to give up their rights.

So when Sony admitted terrorists were using the Playstation to talk undetected that's ok?

It's always a snowball effect... look how they're trying to take down that telegram app or whatever.

Look at all the surveillance there is now... 20 years ago none of that woulda flew... but people get scared and say "I have nothing to hide it's ok"... but don't understand the repercussions.. the dude's business was to modify phones.
Im just saying he blatently admitted to undercovers his phones were soley made for terrorist or drug activity I forgot but I know what you mean sh*t is mad spooky and hopefully there is a right way to have this product legally without any fuss.

9 months ago '06        #16
bigkilla 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
 Fantastic said
Im just saying he blatently admitted to undercovers his phones were soley made for terrorist or drug activity I forgot but I know what you mean sh*t is mad spooky and hopefully there is a right way to have this product legally without any fuss.
That dude is a goner either way.

Either he pissed off the government enough by showing people how it's done and he's locked up for life

Or he gets out and now his clients grow suspicious of him and have to get rid of him.

9 months ago '15        #17
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,908 | Props total: 17089 17089
It’s like this, what he did wasn’t illegal at all, but once he says thats what it’s for it’s a different ball game. In my state weed isn’t legal so if you go to a smoke shop and want a bong or whatever you can’t say weed or they can’t sell you sh*t legally. Tobacco pipes would the legal way to say it, he got to comfortable and I’m a.ssuming friendly. Should have told customers never tell him why it’s to be erased. In all honesty he should of made that accessible thru the internet so they can do it on their own. As I say that I remeber the phones don’t have internet, maybe I’m tripping but techies if can still wipe the phone from far away then the info can still b accessed right?

9 months ago '15        #18
jasonchambers 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,444 | Props total: 5280 5280
 bigkilla said

This has aleady happened in state and fed court and even making those compartments is illegal in some places, California specifically.

9 months ago '16        #19
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,485 | Props total: 11220 11220
 bigkilla said

Pretty much all they gotta say is ur connected to gangs or criminals and they can arrest you welcome to america

9 months ago '15        #20
iTrianglelevel3 
space
space
space
$1,166 | Props total: 1258 1258
 bigkilla said

why not arrest tim cook, or the head of samsung aswell?

i can guarantee more drug dealers use iPhones and galaxy's than BB's.

9 months ago '11        #21
datniccamoose 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 1412 1412
dfedv

Last edited by datniccamoose; 03-13-2018 at 12:18 PM..

9 months ago '14        #22
CEITEDMOFO 476 heat pts476
space
space
$23,214 | Props total: 29588 29588
SO THESE PHONE WAS PERFECT TRAP PHONES

9 months ago '05        #23
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,892 | Props total: 6276 6276
Because it's okay if the government sends guns to the cartel (operation fast and furious) but you can't sell them phones. What a load of b.s

9 months ago '06        #24
Randy Jackson 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 593 593

[pic - click to view]

9 months ago '16        #25
icontrell 2 heat pts
space
space
$644 | Props total: 3416 3416
 godNgunZ said
Y'all n*ggas are all slowly becoming schizophrenics together by entertaining these kinda thoughts
You sound like an idiot and it's obvious you are oblivious to what's going on around you. But that's fine, everyone doesn't care about their Constitutional Rights being slowly taken away, bit by bit.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  25
Wassup With This Nigga Cassidy All Jokes Aside
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+143online now  14
Nice Pawg
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  12
Dec 16 - How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
83 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Travis Scott STICKS BY his word and SONS KANYE
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside *New* World War Z Trailer 4!!!
17 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Tupac’s Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside South Carolina Pastor Defends Gifting Wife A $200K+ Lamborghini Truck!
61 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-19online now  4
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
111 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy