squad up!

Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
47 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 months ago '17        #1
6231 page views
108 comments

Fortune 131 heat pts131
space
space
$5,567 | Props total: 31142 31142
Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch

Yesterday’s breaking news was the Fortnite was coming to mobile devices as soon as Monday, taking the game from consoles and PCs to the wider world, but that’s not even the most impressive thing I heard about Fortnite in the past day.

That would be the continued meteoric success of Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, the 26 year-old Twitch streamer and YouTuber who has become synonymous with Fortnite itself, the game’s most popular player by several orders of magnitude. Ninja, a former Halo pro who is one of the most skilled Fortnite players I’ve ever seen, has used his talent to attract an astonishing amount of viewers to both his Twitch channel and YouTube.

With Twitch in particular, Ninja is growing so fast it doesn’t even seem possible. Literally three days ago I was reading a Polygon article about how Ninja had hit 100,000 subscribers on Twitch, rocketing up 50,000 subscribers in less than two weeks. And yet today, three days later, Ninja has now hit 140,000 subscribers, his pace of acquisition actually increasing from its already unbelievable surge.

This translates into an absolutely enormous monthly income. Twitch subscriptions are $5 which is split between Twitch itself and the streamer, meaning they get $2.50 a month per subscriber. Translating that into Ninja’s numbers, that means from Twitch subscriptions alone, he’s making at least $350,000 a month streaming Fortnite. And keep in mind this does not include any other revenue from his regular Twitch viewership (between 40,000 and 100,000 viewers usually when he’s on), one-time donations, his 4 million YouTuber subscribers who regularly watch his videos there, or any of his sponsorships. It's also been pointed out to me that because of Ninja's status he might be making more, much more than the $2.50 per sub with higher tier subscriptions, which means $350K might be a significant low ball of his total there. I’m not aware of Ninja’s past earnings before he blew up with Fortnite, but he’s on pace to be a millionaire by summer, if he’s not there already.

I’ve been trying to speak with Ninja for a little while now, but with no luck yet, as I’m sure he’s extremely busy dominating the world. But I genuinely have never seen an individual explode quite this quickly, earning this much cash from one specific game that is…also blowing up just as fast. Ninja boarded the Fortnite rocketship at just the right time, and between his personality and high skill level, it’s been a perfect storm to turn him into a fully-fledged superstar.

If all of this seems too good to be true, Twitch swears that’s not the case. When asked about how Fortnite’s insane viewership and subscriber growth, Twitch said this:

​It’s awesome to see so many players jump on the Battle Bus with the Twitch Prime Fortnite offer. We’ve seen large numbers of players trying Twitch Prime for the first time, getting free loot, and using their first monthly free channel subscription. It’s great to see many broadcasters getting a bump from these new Twitch Prime members. New members are subscribing to these popular Fortnite channels and we haven’t seen any indication of bot activity.

Even if some part of Ninja’s growth could be from bots, it’s likely to be an extremely small fraction. You can watch his stream and at its peak, see him get a new subscriber every ten seconds or so, which is spurring this massive growth. And Ninja isn’t just rolling in the cash Scrooge McDuck style. A few weeks ago he did a day-long stream to raise money for a suicide prevention charity, and got over $100K in donations in just 24 hours.

I have no idea where this ends for Ninja or Fortnite. It seems easily possible that a week from now we’ll be writing about how Ninja just broke 200,000 subscribers because it’s not clear where the ceiling is here. He’ll probably be at 150K by the time you read this.

108 comments for "Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch"
 6 months ago '15        #2
cdubz618 
space
space
space
$252 | Props total: 731 731
 DunnToLaVine said
I can safely say that I've never subscribed or donated to a Twitch streamer before and never will
Same here bro. Even when I was gaming heavy I never wanted to watch other ppl play. sh*t is weird to me lol. But congrats to dude for touching 7 figures off that sh*t #salute

6 months ago '12        #3
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,134 | Props total: 48296 48296
@ why are you not making money like this man wtf

Get slapped hoe

6 months ago '05        #4
MATIX 
space
space
$8,123 | Props total: 260 260
Top streamers usually get a higher split from subs 3/2. Kid constantly has 70k viewers

6 months ago '10        #5
Akira Son Bio 226 heat pts226
space
space
$52,391 | Props total: 19683 19683
 AlBooBoo said

Get slapped hoe
I called it

Dude is a Halo Pro Gamer and has been going nuts. His wife streams too. Other than the fact he's a douche and likes the NFC North, dude gets major props.

6 months ago '10        #6
space
space
 DunnToLaVine said
I can safely say that I've never subscribed or donated to a Twitch streamer before and never will
I've subscribed to a few. Main one was my little brother though. He trying to do his thing. I wish he'd just get his masters and keep it moving though

6 months ago '14        #7
Cuttysark 13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,565 | Props total: 8636 8636
Finna buy my son all the streaming sh*t he needs to get on fuk it

6 months ago '14        #8
ATMOSFEAR 70 heat pts70
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 5830 5830
Ninja makes $3 from every sub.

140,000 subs = $420,000/month if every sub re-subs the next month.

Add on ad revenue from Youtube videos and one-time donations and this man is seeing 500-650K a month.

[video - click to view]

Ninja is a bi*ch though... refuse to watch this cancerous f*ggot.

Last edited by ATMOSFEAR; 03-09-2018 at 10:29 PM..

6 months ago '11        #9
Joseph 14 heat pts14
space
space
$25,414 | Props total: 9746 9746
Dudes really paying money to watch someone play video games, bruh

6 months ago '11        #10
Joseph 14 heat pts14
space
space
$25,414 | Props total: 9746 9746
 ATMOSFEAR said
Ninja makes $3 from every sub.

140,000 subs = $420,000/month if every sub re-subs the next month.

Add on ad revenue from Youtube videos and one-time donations and this man is seeing 500-650K a month.

Ninja is a bi*ch though... refuse to watch this cancerous f*ggot.
So people really consider watching grown a.ss men pretend to be angry at video games entertainment

6 months ago '09        #11
dadon85 137 heat pts137
space
space
space
$32,751 | Props total: 16497 16497

6 months ago '14        #12
ATMOSFEAR 70 heat pts70
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 5830 5830
 Joseph said
So people really consider watching grown a.ss men pretend to be angry at video games entertainment
Dude legit gets triggered from sh*t.

Watch someone donate money to him asking to advertise their stuff and he denies the donation and sends it back and flames the person who donates.

He's a piece of ungrateful sh*t.

6 months ago '05        #13
Micheal C. Will 22 heat pts22
space
space
$30,026 | Props total: 22901 22901
 Joseph said
Dudes really paying money to watch someone play video games, bruh
I don't know why your surprised?

Youtubers and Twitch streamers have been making bank off people for a number of years. I don't see the allure of that sh*t either, nor do I have the money to waste on watching somebody play a damn video game.

6 months ago '12        #14
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,698 | Props total: 4196 4196
 ATMOSFEAR said

Watch someone donate money to him asking to advertise their stuff and he denies the donation and sends it back and flames the person who donates.

So, he's an ungrateful sh*t because he doesnt want to advertise something or someone that he doesnt know? All those people are trying to be leeches, and get noticed off his name, but hes the piece of sh*t? This dude has been around for ever. Its not like hes some overnight sensation. I dont think you understand how frustrated you would get if thousands of kids a day were asking you to cosign for them, on live camera at that. Especially when he has a business line. Its disrespectful.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 03-10-2018 at 12:35 AM..

6 months ago '14        #15
guccibandana 9 heat pts
space
space
$938 | Props total: 746 746
I remember watching this guy in Halo back in 2012.

6 months ago '13        #16
Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26770 26770
 LicensedLegend said
So, he's an ungrateful sh*t because he doesnt want to advertise something or someone that he doesnt know? All those people are trying to be leeches, and get noticed off his name, but hes the piece of sh*t? This dude has been around for ever. Its not like hes some overnight sensation. I dont think you understand how frustrated you would get if thousands of kids a day were asking you to cosign for them, on live camera at that. Especially when he has a business line. Its disrespectful.
It sounds like he said dude was a piece of sh*t for flaming the person that attempted to donate/solicit.

6 months ago '05        #17
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,236 | Props total: 3715 3715
People don't resub every month tho. The real winner is Twitch and Jeff Bezos

6 months ago '14        #18
Daptism 20 heat pts20
space
space
$7,803 | Props total: 25678 25678
Imagine paying 5 dollars a month just to watch someone stream....all so they might say your twitch username on stream. Pathetic.

6 months ago '04        #19
bnw99 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,882 | Props total: 7157 7157
Fortnite trash

6 months ago '05        #20
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,701 | Props total: 2171 2171
Before any of y'all go hating on Tyler, This dude has been around since Halo 2 as a pro player and a personality. He hasn't missed a beat w/ his hustle even when he was being traded all over the place.

He's collabed w/ every FPS player you can think of too so this isn't just some overnight sh*t.

6 months ago '10        #21
space
space
 ATMOSFEAR said

dude is an obnoxious as*hole but lets keep it 100. I don't care who you are or what you do but if you're some random tossing me money with hopes of me turning into your plug, you lost.

He'll show love when its due. Got Dr. Lupo like 500 subscribers in a hour once off of GP. He'll even drop gems on how to step your game up with Twitch, how to promote yourself better, bunch of other sh*t, but if you donate with the main idea of getting a plug for your sh*t then that's out of line, and at least dude gives you your money back cause I would keep that sh*t.

6 months ago '17        #22
Lite 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,417 | Props total: 10901 10901
I dont understand hating on another dudes legal hustle

6 months ago '15        #23
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,398 | Props total: 16970 16970
 DunnToLaVine said
Kind of strange knowing theres so many people out there into this

6 months ago '04        #24
Grisly 37 heat pts37
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 4577 4577
 cdubz618 said
Same here bro. Even when I was gaming heavy I never wanted to watch other ppl play. sh*t is weird to me lol. But congrats to dude for touching 7 figures off that sh*t #salute
lmao real sh*t

i'll never understand how people WATCH other people play games lol

but salute to them and their making of money i guess

6 months ago '08        #25
tico86 180 heat pts180
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 8755 8755
 Grisly said
lmao real sh*t

Bunch of beta gamers nowadays. Why watch a streamer when you can just play yourself? The only time I will watch others play is overwatch league but even then I can't watch a whole match without wanting to play overwatch or something else myself.

6 months ago '13        #26
chuckoneninedee 
space
space
$232 | Props total: 200 200
you can't knock the hustle

6 months ago '07        #27
ShintaX 96 heat pts96
space
space
$1,556 | Props total: 347 347
 Daptism said
Imagine paying 5 dollars a month just to watch someone stream....all so they might say your twitch username on stream. Pathetic.

[pic - click to view]

6 months ago '05        #28
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,406 | Props total: 24753 24753
 Grisly said
lmao real sh*t

For me it makes perfect background noise, that's why ill have it on a second screen a lot of times. Never understand how people try and watch movies at the same time as they play games, rather throw something on that doesn't need attention paid to it.

But there is great content on Twitch worth giving full attention to. I've only subbed with my free Amazon Prime sub, but really don't understand the people that donate to people that are making way more per year than them. Now that sh*t is strange.

6 months ago '09        #29
Hamburgers 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,678 | Props total: 3182 3182
 AlBooBoo said

Get slapped hoe
He too busy getting those $50 dollar a night checks from his DJ gigs.

Homeboy is a busy man, don’t knock his hustle

6 months ago '17        #30
TheE 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,273 | Props total: 3841 3841
PS5/XBOX TWO will suck no physical games support, and 90%+ of the games are going to be only multiplayer with lots of micro-transaction

Home      

top in section
online now  28
43 comments
top in sports
most viewed right now
online now  41
50 comments
top in thotties
top in section
online now  30
120 comments
top in movies

most viewed right now
online now  61
my sister's friend
34 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  58
Video inside Flabby Diddy Performing In Miami Club, NO ONE Feeling Him
25 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  38
Image(s) inside Who has the most swag in human history?
60 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  27
8 masterpiece movies of the last 18 years
38 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside NICKI MINAJ just SHUT DOWN the INTERNET :mjdamn:
96 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Red Grant responds to Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish, Katt Williams & C th..
92 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Just some random fu-kery from my explore page..
41 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
My trip to Sosua, DR. A must read!
44 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy