Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

9 months ago '17        #1
6394 page views
108 comments

Fortune 157 heat pts157
space
space
$6,320 | Props total: 35010 35010
Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch

Yesterdayís breaking news was the Fortnite was coming to mobile devices as soon as Monday, taking the game from consoles and PCs to the wider world, but thatís not even the most impressive thing I heard about Fortnite in the past day.

That would be the continued meteoric success of Tyler ďNinjaĒ Blevins, the 26 year-old Twitch streamer and YouTuber who has become synonymous with Fortnite itself, the gameís most popular player by several orders of magnitude. Ninja, a former Halo pro who is one of the most skilled Fortnite players Iíve ever seen, has used his talent to attract an astonishing amount of viewers to both his Twitch channel and YouTube.

With Twitch in particular, Ninja is growing so fast it doesnít even seem possible. Literally three days ago I was reading a Polygon article about how Ninja had hit 100,000 subscribers on Twitch, rocketing up 50,000 subscribers in less than two weeks. And yet today, three days later, Ninja has now hit 140,000 subscribers, his pace of acquisition actually increasing from its already unbelievable surge.

This translates into an absolutely enormous monthly income. Twitch subscriptions are $5 which is split between Twitch itself and the streamer, meaning they get $2.50 a month per subscriber. Translating that into Ninjaís numbers, that means from Twitch subscriptions alone, heís making at least $350,000 a month streaming Fortnite. And keep in mind this does not include any other revenue from his regular Twitch viewership (between 40,000 and 100,000 viewers usually when heís on), one-time donations, his 4 million YouTuber subscribers who regularly watch his videos there, or any of his sponsorships. It's also been pointed out to me that because of Ninja's status he might be making more, much more than the $2.50 per sub with higher tier subscriptions, which means $350K might be a significant low ball of his total there. Iím not aware of Ninjaís past earnings before he blew up with Fortnite, but heís on pace to be a millionaire by summer, if heís not there already.

Iíve been trying to speak with Ninja for a little while now, but with no luck yet, as Iím sure heís extremely busy dominating the world. But I genuinely have never seen an individual explode quite this quickly, earning this much cash from one specific game that isÖalso blowing up just as fast. Ninja boarded the Fortnite rocketship at just the right time, and between his personality and high skill level, itís been a perfect storm to turn him into a fully-fledged superstar.

If all of this seems too good to be true, Twitch swears thatís not the case. When asked about how Fortniteís insane viewership and subscriber growth, Twitch said this:

​Itís awesome to see so many players jump on the Battle Bus with the Twitch Prime Fortnite offer. Weíve seen large numbers of players trying Twitch Prime for the first time, getting free loot, and using their first monthly free channel subscription. Itís great to see many broadcasters getting a bump from these new Twitch Prime members. New members are subscribing to these popular Fortnite channels and we havenít seen any indication of bot activity.

Even if some part of Ninjaís growth could be from bots, itís likely to be an extremely small fraction. You can watch his stream and at its peak, see him get a new subscriber every ten seconds or so, which is spurring this massive growth. And Ninja isnít just rolling in the cash Scrooge McDuck style. A few weeks ago he did a day-long stream to raise money for a suicide prevention charity, and got over $100K in donations in just 24 hours.

I have no idea where this ends for Ninja or Fortnite. It seems easily possible that a week from now weíll be writing about how Ninja just broke 200,000 subscribers because itís not clear where the ceiling is here. Heíll probably be at 150K by the time you read this.

108 comments for "Fortnite Player Making AT LEAST 350K Monthly From Twitch"

9 months ago '15        #2
cdubz618 
space
space
space
$284 | Props total: 860 860
 DunnToLaVine said
I can safely say that I've never subscribed or donated to a Twitch streamer before and never will
Same here bro. Even when I was gaming heavy I never wanted to watch other ppl play. sh*t is weird to me lol. But congrats to dude for touching 7 figures off that sh*t #salute

9 months ago '12        #3
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$43,448 | Props total: 56014 56014
@ why are you not making money like this man wtf

Get slapped hoe

9 months ago '05        #4
MATIX 
space
space
$8,297 | Props total: 545 545
Top streamers usually get a higher split from subs 3/2. Kid constantly has 70k viewers

9 months ago '10        #5
Akira Son Bio 228 heat pts228
space
space
$52,738 | Props total: 20337 20337
 AlBooBoo said
@ why are you not making money like this man wtf

Get slapped hoe
I called it

Dude is a Halo Pro Gamer and has been going nuts. His wife streams too. Other than the fact he's a douche and likes the NFC North, dude gets major props.

9 months ago '10        #6
space
space
 DunnToLaVine said
I can safely say that I've never subscribed or donated to a Twitch streamer before and never will
I've subscribed to a few. Main one was my little brother though. He trying to do his thing. I wish he'd just get his masters and keep it moving though

9 months ago '14        #7
Cuttysark 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 9890 9890
Finna buy my son all the streaming sh*t he needs to get on fuk it

9 months ago '14        #8
ATMOSFEAR 70 heat pts70
space
space
$4,249 | Props total: 5977 5977
Ninja makes $3 from every sub.

140,000 subs = $420,000/month if every sub re-subs the next month.

Add on ad revenue from Youtube videos and one-time donations and this man is seeing 500-650K a month.

[video - click to view]

Ninja is a bi*ch though... refuse to watch this cancerous f*ggot.

Last edited by ATMOSFEAR; 03-09-2018 at 11:29 PM..

9 months ago '11        #9
Joseph 14 heat pts14
space
space
$25,415 | Props total: 9762 9762
Dudes really paying money to watch someone play video games, bruh

9 months ago '11        #10
Joseph 14 heat pts14
space
space
$25,415 | Props total: 9762 9762
 ATMOSFEAR said
Ninja makes $3 from every sub.

140,000 subs = $420,000/month if every sub re-subs the next month.

Add on ad revenue from Youtube videos and one-time donations and this man is seeing 500-650K a month.

Ninja is a bi*ch though... refuse to watch this cancerous f*ggot.
So people really consider watching grown a.ss men pretend to be angry at video games entertainment

9 months ago '09        #11
dadon85 137 heat pts137
space
space
space
$33,168 | Props total: 17013 17013

9 months ago '14        #12
ATMOSFEAR 70 heat pts70
space
space
$4,249 | Props total: 5977 5977
 Joseph said
So people really consider watching grown a.ss men pretend to be angry at video games entertainment
Dude legit gets triggered from sh*t.

Watch someone donate money to him asking to advertise their stuff and he denies the donation and sends it back and flames the person who donates.

He's a piece of ungrateful sh*t.

9 months ago '05        #13
Micheal C. Will 24 heat pts24
space
space
$30,269 | Props total: 24057 24057
 Joseph said
Dudes really paying money to watch someone play video games, bruh
I don't know why your surprised?

Youtubers and Twitch streamers have been making bank off people for a number of years. I don't see the allure of that sh*t either, nor do I have the money to waste on watching somebody play a damn video game.

9 months ago '12        #14
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$10,325 | Props total: 5018 5018
 ATMOSFEAR said

Watch someone donate money to him asking to advertise their stuff and he denies the donation and sends it back and flames the person who donates.

So, he's an ungrateful sh*t because he doesnt want to advertise something or someone that he doesnt know? All those people are trying to be leeches, and get noticed off his name, but hes the piece of sh*t? This dude has been around for ever. Its not like hes some overnight sensation. I dont think you understand how frustrated you would get if thousands of kids a day were asking you to cosign for them, on live camera at that. Especially when he has a business line. Its disrespectful.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 03-10-2018 at 01:35 AM..

9 months ago '14        #15
guccibandana 9 heat pts
space
space
$975 | Props total: 813 813
I remember watching this guy in Halo back in 2012.

9 months ago '13        #16
Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26772 26772
 LicensedLegend said
So, he's an ungrateful sh*t because he doesnt want to advertise something or someone that he doesnt know? All those people are trying to be leeches, and get noticed off his name, but hes the piece of sh*t? This dude has been around for ever. Its not like hes some overnight sensation. I dont think you understand how frustrated you would get if thousands of kids a day were asking you to cosign for them, on live camera at that. Especially when he has a business line. Its disrespectful.
It sounds like he said dude was a piece of sh*t for flaming the person that attempted to donate/solicit.

9 months ago '05        #17
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,416 | Props total: 4048 4048
People don't resub every month tho. The real winner is Twitch and Jeff Bezos

9 months ago '14        #18
Daptism 20 heat pts20
space
space
$7,850 | Props total: 26040 26040
Imagine paying 5 dollars a month just to watch someone stream....all so they might say your twitch username on stream. Pathetic.

9 months ago '04        #19
bnw99 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,307 | Props total: 8190 8190
Fortnite trash

9 months ago '05        #20
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 2255 2255
Before any of y'all go hating on Tyler, This dude has been around since Halo 2 as a pro player and a personality. He hasn't missed a beat w/ his hustle even when he was being traded all over the place.

He's collabed w/ every FPS player you can think of too so this isn't just some overnight sh*t.

9 months ago '10        #21
space
space
 ATMOSFEAR said

dude is an obnoxious as*hole but lets keep it 100. I don't care who you are or what you do but if you're some random tossing me money with hopes of me turning into your plug, you lost.

He'll show love when its due. Got Dr. Lupo like 500 subscribers in a hour once off of GP. He'll even drop gems on how to step your game up with Twitch, how to promote yourself better, bunch of other sh*t, but if you donate with the main idea of getting a plug for your sh*t then that's out of line, and at least dude gives you your money back cause I would keep that sh*t.

9 months ago '17        #22
Lite 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,873 | Props total: 11903 11903
I dont understand hating on another dudes legal hustle

9 months ago '15        #23
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,922 | Props total: 18337 18337
 DunnToLaVine said
Kind of strange knowing theres so many people out there into this

9 months ago '04        #24
Grisly 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,812 | Props total: 5492 5492
 cdubz618 said
Same here bro. Even when I was gaming heavy I never wanted to watch other ppl play. sh*t is weird to me lol. But congrats to dude for touching 7 figures off that sh*t #salute
lmao real sh*t

i'll never understand how people WATCH other people play games lol

but salute to them and their making of money i guess

9 months ago '08        #25
tico86 181 heat pts181
space
space
$4,444 | Props total: 8821 8821
 Grisly said
lmao real sh*t

i'll never understand how people WATCH other people play games lol

but salute to them and their making of money i guess
Bunch of beta gamers nowadays. Why watch a streamer when you can just play yourself? The only time I will watch others play is overwatch league but even then I can't watch a whole match without wanting to play overwatch or something else myself.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  21
Wassup With This Nigga Cassidy All Jokes Aside
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+33online now  15
Dec 16 - How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+144online now  14
Nice Pawg
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Travis Scott STICKS BY his word and SONS KANYE
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside *New* World War Z Trailer 4!!!
17 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
NFL Week 15: Philadelphia Eages(6-7) vs Los Angeles Rams(11-2) Official Game T..
797 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Tupacís Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-19online now  6
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
111 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy