2019 GMC Sierra 1500ís tailgate is pretty darn ingenious

most viewed right now
 117
Image(s) inside This bi-ch is too bad for her damn good!
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 114
what rappers came and went
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Suns Could Have Interest In Taking On Luol Deng's Contract With Assets Att..
96 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 52
Video inside Dating in 2018
110 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '07        #1
3034 pageviews
38 comments


sittinpretti 82 heat pts82
space
avatar space
space
$3,259 | Props total: 2857 2857
2019 GMC Sierra 1500ís tailgate is pretty darn ingenious
 

 
visit this link https://www.slashgear.com .. ious-03521852/




When it comes to cutting-edge truck tech, you might not expect GMC to point you to the rear of the new 2019 Sierra 1500. All the same, thatís where some of the fresh pickupís most impressive talents lie, in the clever MultiPro Tailgate. While it might seem a strange thing to get excited about, thatís only until you figure out just how this tailgate-inception works.

Itís not the first pickup to boast some innovative tailgate tech, mind. Hondaís second-generation Ridgeline, for example, distinguishes its rump by virtue of a two-way tailgate: you can either drop it down in the usual manner, or swing it open with a side-hinge, depending on whatís easiest for the task at hand. Tailgates with integrated steps are fairly commonplace, too.

Even so, the 2019 Sierra 1500 distinguishes itself all the same. The MultiPro Tailgate has a total of six different functions, making it the Rubikís cube of pickup portals. For a start, you can open it either manually or remotely from the keyfob, and it unsurprisingly has an integrated step that drops down and can support up to 375 pounds.



Thereís also a flip-up load stop. That can be used to prevent items longer than the bed from sliding back off the rear of the truck, but hinges down into the tailgate itself when not required. While it doesnít have the Ridgelineís swing-out-the-way dual hinge, what GMC has included is a flip-down gate section. That drops down so that you can stand in closer to the box.

Indeed, that gate section has its own load stop, ideal for a second tier of cargo. Finally, you can hinge the whole thing up and use the broad tailgate as a work surface. If youíve ever tried to perch a laptop, tool box, or other item on the edge of your tailgate and then watched it dangle precariously, thatís probably going to sound like a good thing.

Sadly, not every 2019 Sierra 1500 buyer will get to enjoy this trick-tailgateís clever flexibility. The MultiPro Tailgate will be standard on the Denali and SLT versions of the truck, though not necessarily on other trims. Thatís something youíll have to make up your mind about when the pickup goes on sale this fall. Pricing will be announced closer to that point.
hot topic and 39 others gave props
 
Jody slapped this ish
 

38 comments for "2019 GMC Sierra 1500ís tailgate is pretty darn ingenious"

 3 months ago '11        #2
ch3vyrid3r 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$668 | Props total: 2524 2524
 3 months ago '15        #3
DamianDragunov 
space
avatar space
space
$8,354 | Props total: 21067 21067
Got a 2014 Sierra...


Best truck I’ve ever owned... Go off road in the Summer and live in Rocky Mountain Ski country. Snows like a mofo here. Only been stuck once but because it was like 3’ deep. Still got out with a little shoveling and broke open a sand bag I had for weight in the back. Rides like a Cadillac down dirt roads and heated leather seats are a must when it’s cold as fuk.

Like that truck bed idea though. Glad to see some folks thinking outside the box and changing the model “Pickup Truck” that hasn’t really changed in 50 yrs.












#trucklife



:jtlol:
arms and 16 others gave props
 
slayer2020 slapped this ish
 
 3 months ago '14        #4
rashadd 
space
avatar space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 4953 4953
Very nice... Just a thought, with technology advancing the way it is no way can you predict what vehicles will look like 10 years from now but with vehicles being so nice nowadays it seem like the downgrade wouldn't seem as bad, say, going from a 2008 to 1998 vehicle. Meaning if you buy a 10 year old vehicle in 2028 your still going to have a really nice truck...


...
Tha754kid gave props
 
 3 months ago '07        #5
JohnDoe 217 heat pts217
space
avatar space
space
$12,584 | Props total: 6425 6425
 DamianDragunov said:
Got a 2014 Sierra...


Best truck I’ve ever owned... Go off road in the Summer and live in Rocky Mountain Ski country. Snows like a mofo here. Only been stuck once but because it was like 3’ deep. Still got out with a little shoveling and broke open a sand bag I had for weight in the back. Rides like a Cadillac down dirt roads and heated leather seats are a must when it’s cold as fuk.

Like that truck bed idea though. Glad to see some folks thinking outside the box and changing the model “Pickup Truck” that hasn’t really changed in 50 yrs.












#trucklife



:jtlol:


I have a 04 3500 Silverado but I want a Dodge/Ford Cummins 12 Valve pretty bad. This Sierra truck is pointless if you're hauling sh*t, best video Ive ever seen explaining what a real truck should look like is from this guy. Stake Rails>>>>>


[video - click to view]

ChoAssUp and 5 others gave props
 
LegendLouch slapped this ish
 
 3 months ago '16        #6
WillyRusty 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$2,449 | Props total: 13190 13190
Not bad


I still got an '02
 3 months ago '13        #7
HeyMrDJ321 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 541 541
I got a 2015 so it looks like I'm due for an upgrade.
YOURKINGB4EVER and 1 others gave props
 
aussie08 slapped this ish
 
 3 months ago '12        #8
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$6,716 | Props total: 17010 17010
GMC been droppin fire past few years

That Sierra is too clean
keepitrio and 4 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '04        #9
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,136 | Props total: 4784 4784
Surprised that hasn't been done before and can probably get something like that aftermarket.
 3 months ago '15        #10
Ace dealer 45 heat pts45
space
avatar space
space
$10,311 | Props total: 24623 24623
Replacing that tailgate is gonna be expensive as fu*k.....

Muthafu*kas already stealing new f-150/250 tailgates....
Can only image the demand for these bad boys
160z and 4 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '04        #11
GetEmDaddy902 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 2079 2079
 damiandragunov said:
got a 2014 sierra...


Best truck iíve ever owned... Go off road in the summer and live in rocky mountain ski country. Snows like a mofo here. Only been stuck once but because it was like 3í deep. Still got out with a little shoveling and broke open a sand bag i had for weight in the back. Rides like a cadillac down dirt roads and heated leather seats are a must when itís cold as fuk.

Like that truck bed idea though. Glad to see some folks thinking outside the box and changing the model ďpickup truckĒ that hasnít really changed in 50 yrs.












#trucklife



:jtlol:
#truckyeah
 3 months ago '06        #12
realgunta 755 heat pts755
space
avatar space
space
$23,323 | Props total: 29188 29188
cool
 3 months ago '15        #13
Kno 
space
avatar space
space
$4,211 | Props total: 13361 13361
 JohnDoe said:
I have a 04 3500 Silverado but I want a Dodge/Ford Cummins 12 Valve pretty bad. This Sierra truck is pointless if you're hauling sh*t, best video Ive ever seen explaining what a real truck should look like is from this guy. Stake Rails>>>>>

You want a ford with a cummins swap? (if not a dodge).... Why not a 7.3?
JohnDoe gave props
 
 3 months ago '07        #14
JohnDoe 217 heat pts217
space
avatar space
space
$12,584 | Props total: 6425 6425
 Kno said:
You want a ford with a cummins swap? (if not a dodge).... Why not a 7.3?
Yeah I fu*ked up with the post, 7.3L Powerstroke/Cummins 12 Valve...Ive heard a lot of good sh*t about both but if I do go that way Im gonna bulletproof it, kinda nervous how much that will cost.

Its crazy but seems like 2004 was the year emissions fu*ked every truck company. My pops has a 2011 Silverado 3500 and the sh*t is gutless.
 3 months ago '15        #15
Kno 
space
avatar space
space
$4,211 | Props total: 13361 13361
 JohnDoe said:
Yeah I fu*ked up with the post, 7.3L Powerstroke/Cummins 12 Valve...Ive heard a lot of good sh*t about both but if I do go that way Im gonna bulletproof it, kinda nervous how much that will cost.

Its crazy but seems like 2004 was the year emissions fu*ked every truck company. My pops has a 2011 Silverado 3500 and the sh*t is gutless.
idk man I never bullet proofed my 7.3 (i thought that was more of a 6.0 thing to do) just put a 4inch exhaust and a big air filter that alone made it a lot faster... of course it would have been fun to tune it and dump all kinds of money into it but I couldn't justify the cost at the time.

On a 12v Cummins or a 7.3 the engine will last you forever if you change the oil and keep up with the basics, but since those engines are in older trucks it's the rest of the truck that will be expensive to maintain.
 3 months ago '14        #16
Aries 76 heat pts76
space
avatar space
space
$9,729 | Props total: 21426 21426
 Ace dealer said:
Replacing that tailgate is gonna be expensive as fu*k.....

Muthafu*kas already stealing new f-150/250 tailgates....
Can only image the demand for these bad boys
Dudes stealing tail gates
mistatnn and 1 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '07        #17
JohnDoe 217 heat pts217
space
avatar space
space
$12,584 | Props total: 6425 6425
 Kno said:
idk man I never bullet proofed my 7.3 (i thought that was more of a 6.0 thing to do) just put a 4inch exhaust and a big air filter that alone made it a lot faster... of course it would have been fun to tune it and dump all kinds of money into it but I couldn't justify the cost at the time.

On a 12v Cummins or a 7.3 the engine will last you forever if you change the oil and keep up with the basics, but since those engines are in older trucks it's the rest of the truck that will be expensive to maintain.
Ill be new to the Diesel world but Im taking the bed off and throwing on a flatbed with stake rails first thing. I have a few co-workers with the Cummins 12V and one has the new 24V with the G56 transmission and he likes it......but that sh*t is like $65,000. The G56 and Aisin seem to be great transmissions though so Im tempted. Theres a lot of spots in King County where they build and fabricate nice aluminum beds. I have some ideas on what I want build out for storage in the bed but I just switched from a Drywall Taper to Electrician and Im just 8 months in so I don't know what Ill need once I leave the union and go independent. Plus I just bought some land in Port Orchard and I need to save up so I can start building the spec house I have planned.
 3 months ago '04        #18
mistatnn 
space
avatar space
space
$6,022 | Props total: 4559 4559
 Aries said:
Dudes stealing tail gates
Same sh*t I was thinking
Aries gave props
 
 3 months ago '15        #19
jasonchambers 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4841 4841
In 5 years there are gonna be a lot of those driving around with broken tailgates. Watch.
Tha754kid and 3 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '14        #20
consigliereA 90 heat pts90
space
avatar space
space
$27,769 | Props total: 32297 32297
I can't front..

This sh*t is official..


[spoiler - click to view]

BigGee and 2 others slapped this ish
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
s3x: the baby mama position
39 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside You Damn Right I Like BBW's...
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside CROOKED I: "Sad to hear one of the GOATS not flow in pocket"
194 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
Are you happy with Nas "Nasir"?
172 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 20
Obama speech at bilderberg group
39 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside We're officially at the point where it's just a new year and another nu..
49 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Old gods have mercy!!!(New WW84 pic)
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside 50 Cent son has a father day lunch
139 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy