Apple HomePod permanently damages wood surfaces :takethisl:

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The King of Los Angeles has arrived.
410 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Snoop Dogg 15 pts 25 REBOUNDS & 5 Blocks to Win MVP Rappers Only All-Star
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Praying For Demar
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Players Only: Shaq & Kobe Full Interview
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 days ago '07        #1
1334 pageviews
29 comments

st21 1288 heat pts1288
space
space
$56,983 | Props total: 47655 47655
Apple HomePod permanently damages wood surfaces :takethisl:

Wirecutter reports that Apple has confirmed the problem. It’s apparently caused by an interaction between the HomePod’s silicone base and certain oils used to finish wood furniture. The severity of the marks seems to vary, judging from a tweet by MacStories’ Federico Viticci.

For those affected, Apple says “the marks can improve over several days after the speaker is removed from the wood surface.” However, if the rings don’t go away, Wirecutter says Apple suggests that you can either go refinish the furniture or “try cleaning the surface with the manufacturer’s suggested oiling method.”

This is not a good look for Apple. For the people who just brought home a fancy new smart speaker, the last thing they’ll probably want to do is be forced to re-sand their furniture on a regular basis. We have reached out to Apple for comment on the news, but have yet to hear back.

image @ the suggestion to go get your furniture refinished. Apple don't give a fu*k.

Last edited by st21; 02-14-2018 at 02:20 PM..
hot topic and 14 others gave props

Clyde and 3 others slapped this ish

29 comments for "Apple HomePod permanently damages wood surfaces :takethisl:"

3 days ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,102 | Props total: 14759 14759
 st21 said:

Wirecutter reports that Apple has confirmed the problem. It’s apparently caused by an interaction between the HomePod’s silicone base and certain oils used to finish wood furniture. The severity of the marks seems to vary, judging from a tweet by MacStories’ Federico Viticci.

For those affected, Apple says “the marks can improve over several days after the speaker is removed from the wood surface.” However, if the rings don’t go away, Wirecutter says Apple suggests that you can either go refinish the furniture or “try cleaning the surface with the manufacturer’s suggested oiling method.”

This is not a good look for Apple. For the people who just brought home a fancy new smart speaker, the last thing they’ll probably want to do is be forced to re-sand their furniture on a regular basis. We have reached out to Apple for comment on the news, but have yet to hear back.

@ the suggestion to go get your furniture refinished. Apple don't give a fu*k.
@ somewhere saying "I was going to refinish my furniture anyway. Thank you Apple!"

st21 and 23 others gave props

R0CAF3LLA_pimp slapped this ish

3 days ago '04        #3
DJ Maximum|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$43,861 | Props total: 13407 13407
 Y.G. said:
@ somewhere saying "I was going to refinish my furniture anyway. Thank you Apple!"

TheDirector217 and 3 others gave props

R0CAF3LLA_pimp slapped this ish

3 days ago '07        #4
st21 1288 heat pts1288 OP
space
space
$56,983 | Props total: 47655 47655
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

justin747 and 12 others gave props

Clyde and 1 others slapped this ish

3 days ago '12        #5
ThePainkiller 351 heat pts351
space
space
$71,236 | Props total: 25200 25200
iCoasters coming to an apple store near you for 30 bucks.
st21 and 34 others gave props

3 days ago '04        #6
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 40 heat pts40
space
space
$7,061 | Props total: 4082 4082
 Y.G. said:

9.99 PodCoasters on deck.
thetfd and 2 others gave props

DueCe NigGalo slapped this ish

3 days ago '04        #7
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 40 heat pts40
space
space
$7,061 | Props total: 4082 4082
 Y.G. said:

least I have furniture. Basement living a.ss n*gga
CarlozRossi and 1 others gave props

Y.G. and 5 others slapped this ish

3 days ago '11        #8
86'd 120 heat pts120
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 6189 6189
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:

Dont worry. Apple will send out an apology, followed by selling you an iCoaster for $49.99 to “fix” the issue.
Y.G. and 10 others gave props

3 days ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,102 | Props total: 14759 14759
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:

Old empty MacBook boxes don't count as furniture n*gga.
justin747 and 9 others gave props

3 days ago '04        #10
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,179 | Props total: 2854 2854
Non issue. People just using the furniture wrong.
Andrefrbk and 14 others gave props

3 days ago '12        #11
space
space
 patt24 said:
Non issue. People just using the furniture wrong.
I can't
justin747 and 3 others gave props

3 days ago '04        #12
NahLij 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,657 | Props total: 9210 9210
 ThePainkiller said:
$30?! That's if it's a sheet of paper. If it's any kind of quality cloth work I'm sure it'll be at least $50
misterethoughts and 4 others gave props

2 days ago '04        #13
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,738 | Props total: 4199 4199
 ThePainkiller said:
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
9.99 PodCoasters on deck.
 86'd said:
Dont worry. Apple will send out an apology, followed by selling you an iCoaster for $49.99 to “fix” the issue.
Let me know when them sh*ts start exploding

I'll take a little ring on my table over a 3rd degree burn
mistatnn and 1 others gave props

Y.G. and 3 others slapped this ish

2 days ago '12        #14
space
space
 Fameus said:

Naga Sadow and 1 others gave props

2 days ago '11        #15
86'd 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Fameus said:

I have both devices so try again

Samsung fu*ked up ONE phone model while apple has fu*ked customers for the past 3 years.

Admittedly slowing down old phones and admitting battery issues. Still charging to have them replaced.

I dont cape for any company.

What excuses will you make for apple next?

Y.G. and 5 others gave props

mistatnn slapped this ish

2 days ago '16        #16
l3altimore7 3 heat pts
space
space
$535 | Props total: 1241 1241
...been said their little trash speaker was a.ss..

Now it causes damage to your table & they have the audacity to say it's your fault for not refinishing your table
 2 days ago '04        #17
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,738 | Props total: 4199 4199
 ThePainkiller said:

Let me know when the FAA considers airpods an explosive device and doesnt let you on the plane with one. Im pretty sure Apple can live with one story instead of it being the main headline. And thats not a homepod

86'd said:
I have both devices so try again

Samsung fu*ked up ONE phone model while apple has fu*ked customers for the past 3 years.

Admittedly slowing down old phones and admitting battery issues. Still charging to have them replaced.

I dont cape for any company.

What excuses will you make for apple next?

You do realize im not one of those guys i just like to point out Samsung released IED's and yall forgot about it with the quickness. So you can pick sides in this moronic battle that doesnt benefit yall (unless you own stock in either. Do any of yall own stock in these companies you care about so much ?)

Again not that i care but from a strictly business standpoint the "one phone model Samsung fu*ked up" as you pointed out cost Samsung 3.1 BILLION do you understand how monumental that is? While im pretty sure Apple made money out of theirs

And what "excuse" did i have for Apple in the first place?

Just so we're clear yall can make "icoaster" jokes but i cant say they dont explode? Got it
Y.G. and 2 others slapped this ish

2 days ago '11        #18
86'd 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Fameus said:
Let me know when the FAA considers airpods an explosive device and doesnt let you on the plane with one. Im pretty sure Apple can live with one story instead of it being the main headline. And thats not a homepod

You do realize im not one of those guys i just like to point out Samsung released IED's and yall forgot about it with the quickness. So you can pick sides in this moronic battle that doesnt benefit yall (unless you own stock in either. Do any of yall own stock in these companies you care about so much ?)

Again not that i care but from a strictly business standpoint the "one phone model Samsung fu*ked up" as you pointed out cost Samsung 3.1 BILLION do you understand how monumental that is? While im pretty sure Apple made money out of theirs

Just so we're clear yall can make "icoaster" jokes but i cant say they dont explode? Got it
You typed up a novel with all opinionated information.

Samsung took a huge loss on one phone, but did they try to scam more money out of it’s customers for it like apple did? No.

Samsung provided parts for more than half of late model iphones, and now providing screens on iphone x. You think they worried about that loss?

Y.G. and 1 others gave props

2 days ago '11        #19
nyc 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,240 | Props total: 3567 3567
apple been fu*kin up for a while now.. but im too deep in the ecosystem and other operating systems are worse
 2 days ago '12        #20
space
space
 Fameus said:

Take your L and move on.
Y.G. and 1 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Torontonians are PISSED at Drake and his philanthropy in the “ God’s p..
207 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Year of the PAWG 🍑
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Backlash Against Google for Removing View Image Button
49 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Doc's Black Panther Review: Characters first, spectacle second. A good..
142 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Wood Harris - Funny Cam'ron Moment During Filming Of Paid In Full (247H..
33 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
[Official Discussion Thread]Black Panther movie
905 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James vs. Kevin Durant Examined
119 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND [RISING STARS X SATURDAY NIGHT X TEAM LEBRON vs TEAM ..
1391 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy