Feb 14 - Trump wants to cut food stamps, use controversial meal kits instead

most viewed right now
Feb 22 - Armed deputy assigned to Florida school hid outside during shooting
108 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Young Thug Says He Won't Release New Music This Year Because of Deaf Br..
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tandooori Chicken & Naan Bread. 💦#IndianPuzzyNat!0n💦
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Narcissistic female appalled hotel won't let her stay for free
80 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '13        #1
4967 pageviews
224 comments

SisterFister 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,122 | Props total: 6317 6317
Feb 14 - Trump wants to cut food stamps, use controversial meal kits instead

I can't rock with this

A proposal by the Trump administration that calls for replacing some food a.ssistance to the poor with meal deliveries is raising questions among some social service agencies.

On Monday, the Trump administration proposed cutting food stamps, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition a.ssistance Program, or SNAP, by $17 billion in 2019 and more than $213 billion over the next decade.

In an effort to cut costs, Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney announced "America's Harvest Box" for SNAP recipients.

Instead of receiving a.ssistance in the form of an electronic benefit card (EBT), recipients receiving more than $90 in monthly aid would get about half that amount in the form of government-provided, nonperishable food items.

That idea isn't sitting well with advocates for the poor.
“These cuts would leave vulnerable families here in Wayne County and Metro Detroit who are working hard to achieve economic mobility without the critical a.ssistance they need to not fall further into poverty,” said Louis D. Piszker, CEO of the Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency.

In Michigan, SNAP helped feed 1.3 million people as of December.

This measure comes on the back of the Trump's administration's second budget proposal, which slashes funding for a number of government agencies and a number of social a.ssistance programs, in addition to food stamps.

The plan faces an uphill battle. Trump's proposals would need to pass in both the House and the Senate — an unlikely feat. The government already has shut down twice during his administration over partisan impasse on federal funding — once for three days starting Jan. 19 and again for a few hours on Feb. 9.

Critics also questioned Mulvaney's choice of words when describing the America's Harvest Box. He referred to it as a “Blue Apron-type program,’’ where food stamps would be replaced by boxed food.
MORE HERE:

visit this link https://www.freep.com/sto .. nap/334322002/
MELODY and 13 others gave props

224 comments for "Feb 14 - Trump wants to cut food stamps, use controversial meal kits instead"

1 week ago '07        #2
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 2694 2694
Eliminate the fraud.

[pic - click to view]

SisterFister and 29 others gave props

PineappleOG and 29 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '05        #3
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,811 | Props total: 1474 1474
All the bx members on food stamps are pissed. No more steaks..no more Minute Maid.. Just government approved can foods, rice and bottle water.
SisterFister and 37 others gave props

strungout and 6 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #4
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
 bi0 said:
All the bx members on food stamps are pissed. No more steaks..no more Minute Maid.. Just government approved can foods, rice and bottle water.
I remember some girl on my facebook feed who was a cashier at a local supermarket, would vent about people with the latest iPhone paying with an EBT card.

Fun Fact: You can purchase filet mignon at Whole Foods with food stamps.

Madethagreat and 19 others gave props

Hakim Cobain and 4 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #5
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$27,791 | Props total: 19776 19776

[tweet - click to view]

Hakim Cobain and 18 others gave props

Xman0142 and 6 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #6
PineappleOG 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 8201 8201
 MELODY said:
I remember some girl on my facebook feed who was a cashier at a local supermarket, would vent about people with the latest iPhone paying with an EBT card.

Fun Fact: You can purchase filet mignon at Whole Foods with food stamps.

Should they instead just get a ton of processed food with no substance? Would that make you happy?
N.O.4Life and 43 others gave props

1 week ago '07        #7
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
 PineappleOG said:
Should they instead just get a ton of processed food with no substance? Would that make you happy?
What would make me happy is random ECONOMICAL advanced drug test for food stamp recipients. Continue to provide benefits to those with real disabilities that can't work. Provide proposed meal kits, less people signing up knowing they can't sell their ebt monthly budget.

Last edited by MELODY; 02-14-2018 at 05:20 PM..
Jed Fossa and 9 others gave props

messy marv stan and 42 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #8
dc3003 63 heat pts63
space
space
$36,751 | Props total: 35063 35063
Great idea nothing worse then standing behind line and watching someone buy cigar wraps and cigarettes with cash , then do a seperate transaction and buy soda and candy bars and a bag of chips on there ebt. Also fuk the storea that scam ebt and fuk the people that sell there ebt .50 on the dollar and trade them for drugs great idea across the board
MELODY and 11 others gave props

USC and 32 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #9
Madethagreat 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,239 | Props total: 6847 6847
 dc3003 said:
Great idea nothing worse then standing behind line and watching someone buy cigar wraps and cigarettes with cash , then do a seperate transaction and buy soda and candy bars and a bag of chips on there ebt. Also fuk the storea that scam ebt and fuk the people that sell there ebt .50 on the dollar and trade them for drugs great idea across the board
You hot ain’t you ? Cuz that’s me and my hood bi*ch before a session with 2 simply lemonades

And some cosmic brownies and moon pies

Not on ebt tho.
seoulether and 11 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #10
dc3003 63 heat pts63
space
space
$36,751 | Props total: 35063 35063
 Madethagreat said:
You hot ain’t you ? Cuz that’s me and my hood bi*ch before a session with 2 simply lemonades

And some cosmic brownies and moon pies

Not on ebt tho.
Im never hot. I just want to help make america great again. Im tired of seeing people defraud the gov like its ok.
richardgil and 2 others gave props

adthekidd and 36 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #11
PineappleOG 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 8201 8201
 MELODY said:
What would make me happy is random drug test for food stamp recipients. Continue to provide benefits to those with real disabilities that can't work. Provide proposed meal kits, less people signing up knowing they can't sell their ebt monthly budget.
Wow you’re dense, you’d rather spend even more money paying for drug tests and hiring people or paying to implement these rules. What’s wrong with you? You even human? To a.ssume the worse of people who often don’t want to be on a.ssistance and would rather be in a position they can thrive and provide for themselves. I get there are people who abuse the system but that goes with any system, you think like someone who’s small minded, and that’s just me putting it nicely
seoulether and 26 others gave props

Xman0142 and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '13        #12
Erma Gerd 289 heat pts289
space
space
$17,590 | Props total: 23256 23256
 MELODY said:
What would make me happy is random drug test for food stamp recipients.
We tried that. A waste of money on low return... the total opposite of what people thought would happen.
messy marv stan and 12 others gave props

dc3003 and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #13
The South 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,310 | Props total: 13312 13312
 MELODY said:
What would make me happy is random drug test for food stamp recipients. Continue to provide benefits to those with real disabilities that can't work. Provide proposed meal kits, less people signing up knowing they can't sell their ebt monthly budget.
What drugs are we testing for?

Cannabis? Alcohol? Tobacco? Molly? Coke? H?
seoulether and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '14        #14
Jed Fossa 10 heat pts10
space
space
$629 | Props total: 1423 1423
Let it be clear though: he only wants to replace some percentage of the food stamps with those boxes.

I know a lot of hoes from around my way that's gonna be mad

He shutting down a lot of bi*ches "businesses" with this one
dc3003 and 12 others gave props

BenHillTrev and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #15
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
 PineappleOG said:
Wow you’re dense, you’d rather spend even more money paying for drug tests and hiring people or paying to implement these rules. What’s wrong with you? You even human? To a.ssume the worse of people who often don’t want to be on a.ssistance and would rather be in a position they can thrive and provide for themselves. I get there are people who abuse the system but that goes with any system, you think like someone who’s small minded, and that’s just me putting it nicely
You asked me what would make me happy.

I wish there was an economical way to perform drug test but I know that's a far reach. I knew you'd focus on that part of my answer and pivot though.

ironhead gave props

Mitch931 and 4 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '17        #16
yousabitch 
space
space
space
$509 | Props total: 1757 1757
 MELODY said:
You asked me what would make me happy.

I wish there was an economical way to perform drug test but I know that's a far reach. I knew you'd focus on that part of my answer and pivot though.

they tried the drug test thing in Florida...guess what happened damn near everyone passed,...they stopped the sh*t because it was a waste of money genius

TheLastNonEarth and 17 others gave props

1 week ago '14        #17
Jed Fossa 10 heat pts10
space
space
$629 | Props total: 1423 1423

[pic - click to view]

Djtodd611 and 6 others gave props

1 week ago '07        #18
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
 yousabi*ch said:
they tried the drug test thing in Florida...guess what happened damn near everyone passed,...they stopped the sh*t because it was a waste of money genius

Hey genius, are you implying that a more cheaper and economical way to drug test in 2018 as compared to 2012 is impossible?

BenHillTrev and 5 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #19
TayloredSince83 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,605 | Props total: 3784 3784
 dc3003 said:
Im never hot. I just want to help make america great again. Im tired of seeing people defraud the gov like its ok.
In all fairness the government has been f@#kin over people, specifically minorities, for a long time now so f@#k em. Just to add to this point...minorities aren't the majority of recipients....even tho they try to paint that picture.

Last edited by TayloredSince83; 02-14-2018 at 01:28 PM..
adthekidd and 19 others gave props

Lavares slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #20
MELODY 33 heat pts33
space
space
 TayloredSince83 said:
In all fairness the government has been f@#kin over people, specifically minorities, for a long time now so f@#k em.

I see you don't own one of these

[pic - click to view]

CALL AGAIN and 1 others gave props

The Almighty240 and 10 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Faces In My Pillow Case Mascara On My Sheets
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Paris Jackson a WHOLE snack ❄️
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Benin City, the mighty medieval capital now lost without trace
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dave East Dressing like a Weirdo Now??
161 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Demoness pleads guilty to torturing, killing son she thought ..
125 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Since yall like em chubby
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Brazilian Scientists to release documentary proving that the Earth is..
307 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside God is not real.... but this hoe is! And she look like she don't have ..
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy