Daaaaamn Gina!
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Look at this
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Cam and Jimmy about to fight in the basketball court? Hilarious!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The King Of LA waves goodbye to his city
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '06        #1
864 pageviews
16 comments

1OverJordan24 168 heat pts168
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1743 1743
Verizon will start locking phones to its network to prevent armed robberies

Verizon Wireless will soon begin locking the phones it sells to customers, a move that will prevent the phones from being activated on any other carrier's network. But Verizon says it is taking this measure to deter theft that occurs before customers purchase phones, and that Verizon will unlock the phones for customers after they're purchased.

What isn't clear is how long customers will have to wait before the phones are unlocked, and exactly what steps customer will have to take to do the unlocking. Verizon says its stores have been victimized by increasingly frequent armed robberies.

Verizon isn't allowed to lock phones to its network because of open access requirements that are specific to the "C Block" 700MHz wireless spectrum that Verizon purchased in 2008 and uses for its 4G LTE network. Since then, Verizon has generally had more customer-friendly unlocking policies than other carriers.

Verizon contends that its upcoming change does not violate the "spirit" of those rules. The change was reported today by CNET, which has several quotes from a Verizon official and Verizon spokesperson.

"This change does not impact the spirit of that agreement as it is designed to deter theft by those who engage in identity theft or other fraud," a Verizon spokesperson told CNET. "It is not inconsistent with our obligations under the C Block."

We asked the FCC for comment about whether the new locking policy violates the open access rules. We will update this story if we hear back.

As of now, Verizon's Device Unlocking Policy still says, "We do not lock our 4G LTE devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier."

According to CNET, the change will occur in the spring. The news site says that there will be "little immediate impact" for customers because the phones will be "unlocked immediately through a software update."

visit this link https://arstechnica.com/t .. med-robberies/
hot topic and 1 others gave props

TheChief slapped this ish

16 comments for "Verizon will start locking phones to its network to prevent armed robberies"

6 days ago '15        #2
GusMan 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$196 | Props total: 276 276
I don’t think it has anything to do with theft, it has more to do with Verizon loosing customers to other providers and them taking their phones to other providers and not paying off their Verizon debt. It makes sense, as a company they want their money. As a consumer it sucks, but I pay off my Phones anyway so who gives a fu*k. It may also have to do with Verizon moving to GSM this year, but I’m not sure how they would relate.
Enigmatic1 and 6 others gave props

6 days ago '05        #3
suppanigga510 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 525 525
 GusMan said:
It may also have to do with Verizon moving to GSM this year, but Iím not sure how they would relate.
HOW?
HughyBaby and 1 others gave props

6 days ago '05        #4
JoNu 
space
space
$958 | Props total: 592 592
Right cause an armed robber is going to ask if you got Verizon before robbing you
Kewop Decam and 10 others gave props

6 days ago '15        #5
Madethagreat 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,214 | Props total: 6768 6768
Lmao being a sprint owner in jhs-hs was the sh*t nobody wanted to rob me and the n*ggas that robbed ppl sold me my upgrades
 6 days ago '11        #6
86'd 121 heat pts121
space
space
$3,590 | Props total: 6301 6301
Article is bullsh*t, and so is Verizon for doing this. They are going to start SIM-locking phones again so they can profit more off of their international plans. They are tired of people putting other sims in the phones when traveling instead of using their ridiculously expensive data plans.

This is also in violation of FCC suggestions to NOT SIM-lock phones. But they are doing it anyways...why? Because fu*k the customer.

Also, FCC isn't enforcing sh*t anymore now that Trump is in office. And coincidence...guess who use to work for Verizon? Ajit Pai...the same f*ggot that is currently head of the FCC.

I hope they all die a slow death

HughyBaby and 14 others gave props

6 days ago '17        #7
HughyBaby 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,640 | Props total: 18133 18133
 86'd said:
Article is bullsh*t, and so is Verizon for doing this. They are going to start SIM-locking phones again so they can profit more off of their international plans. They are tired of people putting other sims in the phones when traveling instead of using their ridiculously expensive data plans.

This is also in violation of FCC suggestions to NOT SIM-lock phones. But they are doing it anyways...why? Because fu*k the customer.

Also, FCC isn't enforcing sh*t anymore now that Trump is in office. And coincidence...guess who use to work for Verizon? Ajit Pai...the same f*ggot that is currently head of the FCC.

All of them MF's. I'm right with you
86'd and 4 others gave props

6 days ago '07        #8
DaKid91 
space
space
$586 | Props total: 408 408
 86'd said:

n*gga just pay off your phone then or buy used, if your paying monthly for a cellphone then that means its technically not yours, its still theirs lol. I can see why they don't want ppl switching and not giving back their sh*t.
mistatnn and 1 others gave props

Y.G. slapped this ish

6 days ago '11        #9
86'd 121 heat pts121
space
space
 DaKid91 said:
n*gga just pay off your phone then or buy used, if your paying monthly for a cellphone then that means its technically not yours, its still theirs lol. I can see why they don't want ppl switching and not giving back their sh*t.
I see you completely missed my point. Sim-locking has nothing to do with the fact that a phone is on an installment plan or not. Its also completely against fcc policy but they know they can get away with it now without repercussion because of trump era fcc
DaKid91 and 3 others gave props

BluRevolver slapped this ish

6 days ago '07        #10
DaKid91 
space
space
$586 | Props total: 408 408
^^Yeah my bad, I thought you were referring to the article in the OP, and if thats the case, there will be lawsuits to combat that from happening, unless they change the policy
86'd gave props

6 days ago '05        #11
dasill 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,093 | Props total: 3097 3097
Only a idiot would believe that
 6 days ago '05        #12
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,809 | Props total: 7226 7226
n*gga still gonna blow ya a.ss off if you don't give it up...and you just got smoked over a useless phone
JarlesBronson gave props

6 days ago '04        #13
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,265 | Props total: 1164 1164
So they found a loophole...

No news here...
 6 days ago '10        #14
LEE OH 8 heat pts
space
space
$702 | Props total: 69 69
I think they are speaking about their stores being robbed not the customers.

JoNu said:
Right cause an armed robber is going to ask if you got Verizon before robbing you
 5 days ago '11        #15
86'd 121 heat pts121
space
space
 DaKid91 said:
^^Yeah my bad, I thought you were referring to the article in the OP, and if thats the case, there will be lawsuits to combat that from happening, unless they change the policy
Ajit Pai has been a cancer since he became head of FCC. America hates him.

Same guy that helped reverse net neutrality.
PremiumBreeze and 2 others gave props

5 days ago '05        #16
JoNu 
space
space
$958 | Props total: 592 592
 LEE OH said:
I think they are speaking about their stores being robbed not the customers.
Verizon Wireless will soon begin locking the phones it sells to customers, a move that will prevent the phones from being activated on any other carrier's network. But Verizon says it is taking this measure to deter theft that occurs before customers purchase phones, and that Verizon will unlock the phones for customers after they're purchased.
oh okay, 1st paragraph was a little confusing. So this lock is to protect Verizon's pockets and in-store employees from getting robbed, customers are still a walking lick either way
 5 days ago '04        #17
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,741 | Props total: 191 191
Lol my boy works at verizon and multiple stores get robbed here weekly.

Not saying yall wrong with ur profit points but they really do get licked a lot too lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Feb 18 - chicago inmates give cop killa standing ovation when he walks through..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
BX MJ fans rejoice!!! MJ now taking pics with N.......
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nelly Furtado got thick as hell
218 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Somebody Just Got DP'd At Nipsey Hussle Album Release Party & A Shooto..
82 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo already dipped on his pregnant baby moms
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Super Seducer, potential GOTY
26 comments
1 day ago