Google's 2017 Pixel Sales Amount To Less Than A Weeks Worth Of iPhone Sales

sponsored links

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She 60
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 months ago '07        #1
1364 page views
31 comments

Jago 1098 heat pts1098
space
space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 7131 7131
Google's 2017 Pixel Sales Amount To Less Than A Weeks Worth Of iPhone Sales

In the 16 months since its initial release in October 2016, Google’s Pixel family of phones has earned plenty of acclaim and scrutiny, but not very many sales. The latest update on Pixel sales comes from IDC’s Francisco Jeronimo, who notes that Google shipped 3.9 million Pixel and Pixel 2 devices in 2017. That’s no more than a rounding error when set against the global smartphone market that numbers 1.5 billion units, and it’s also less than a typical week’s worth of iPhone sales for Apple.

Though still comparatively tiny, Google’s Pixel sales are at least heading in the right direction. According to Jeronimo, the rate of sales has doubled in 2017, and the most recent data from Kantar Worldpanel agrees with this, indicating that Google’s share of the US phone market has gone up from 1.8 percent to 2.8 percent. Admittedly, these are still small figures increasing in small fragments — rather like watching the proliferation rate of the latest Android update, it requires a lot of patience — but Google’s commitment to being a hardware maker has never been greater. Having recently acquired HTC’s smartphone design team for $1.1 billion, Google will be hoping to build on the strength of its world-best Pixel camera technology by creating more appealing devices in 2018 and beyond.
visit this link Google sold 3.9 million Pixel phones in 2017 - The Verge
hot topic and 2 others gave props

iswerve and 3 others slapped this ish

31 comments for "Google's 2017 Pixel Sales Amount To Less Than A Weeks Worth Of iPhone Sales"
 6 months ago '04        #2
KURUPTION!!! 543 heat pts543
space
space
$34,728 | Props total: 1216 1216
Lower the price of the phone. Only Samsung and Apple can have phones priced that high and do numbers.
Killa KMS and 14 others gave props

fat_boyy21 and 1 others slapped this ish

6 months ago '15        #3
GusMan 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$221 | Props total: 359 359
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Lower the price of the phone. Only Samsung and Apple can have phones priced that high and do numbers.
I actually agree with this from a consumer stand point. Specially when the nexus devices used to be a fraction of this. From a business stand point, they’re more or so selling the google family of products. So they figure the more you buy the better just like Apple.
DASKCREW1 and 3 others gave props

6 months ago '04        #4
KURUPTION!!! 543 heat pts543
space
space
$34,728 | Props total: 1216 1216
 GusMan said:
I actually agree with this from a consumer stand point. Specially when the nexus devices used to be a fraction of this. From a business stand point, they’re more or so selling the google family of products. So they figure the more you buy the better just like Apple.
You get 90% of that ecosystem with any Android phone you buy. Why would I spend that kind of money on a Pixel when I can spend damn near the same money on a Note and have a better, more feature rich phone? If it's a stock Android thing, just get the One Plus 5t. Half the price, damn near stock Android and it's a good phone. That camera and the unlimited photo storage is only going to go so far. They've got an uphill battle unless they make that phone the only one that runs Android.
GusMan and 5 others gave props

the_malicious slapped this ish

6 months ago '08        #5
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 449 449
Don't they only sell the pixel on 1 carrier at a time also? Like right now isn't it just Verizon or do they eventually expand to the other carriers also?
DJ Maximum|M and 5 others gave props

6 months ago '05        #6
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,092 | Props total: 17778 17778

[pic - click to view]

Rainhands gave props

mtva24 and 1 others slapped this ish

6 months ago '04        #7
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
space
$44,683 | Props total: 16371 16371
 popsjenkins said:
Don't they only sell the pixel on 1 carrier at a time also? Like right now isn't it just Verizon or do they eventually expand to the other carriers also?
I think its only on verizon and that makes sense
servesurite slapped this ish

6 months ago '05        #8
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$40,921 | Props total: 11541 11541
 popsjenkins said:
only on verizon, one of the reasons i switch, as well as sprint being so sh*tty

i tried to just the the pixel in the 3rd quarter of last year and those sh*t were still sold out so i waited for the pixel 2
messy marv stan slapped this ish

6 months ago '14        #9
313Beatz 
space
space
$761 | Props total: 1515 1515
It's a great phone, just need to lower price, and make it unlocked available.
 6 months ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,092 | Props total: 17778 17778
 313Beatz said:
It is available unlocked. You can buy it from Google or Verizon.
313Beatz and 2 others gave props

6 months ago '17        #11
justin747 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,842 | Props total: 23079 23079
 313Beatz said:
They're all unlocked. If you buy one from Verizon, you can put it on any carrier that allows unlocked phones. Im typing this reply on a Pixel 2 XL on T-Mobile.

They also sell them unlocked in the Play Store

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_2
313Beatz gave props

6 months ago '17        #12
MYM 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 3182 3182
I told y'all. Sales are not the Nexus/pixel game. Google is and will always be in the business of compiling information and selling it. The success of the pixel is measured by how the os affects the ecosystem of the other Android devices down the river.
 6 months ago '04        #13
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,624 | Props total: 5064 5064
Only apple does apple numbers.

[pic - click to view]

dbailey86 gave props

Y.G. and 1 others slapped this ish

6 months ago '07        #14
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,991 | Props total: 5740 5740
 KURUPTION!!! said:
You get 90% of that ecosystem with any Android phone you buy. Why would I spend that kind of money on a Pixel when I can spend damn near the same money on a Note and have a better, more feature rich phone? If it's a stock Android thing, just get the One Plus 5t. Half the price, damn near stock Android and it's a good phone. That camera and the unlimited photo storage is only going to go so far. They've got an uphill battle unless they make that phone the only one that runs Android.
Besides that you can download google photos on any phone so that unlimited storage they promote is a gimmick anyway
 6 months ago '17        #15
justin747 21 heat pts21
space
space
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
Only apple does apple numbers.

[pic - click to view]

Bragging about a company's sales....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Y.G. gave props

R0CAF3LLA_pimp slapped this ish

6 months ago '17        #16
Jermz 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 4019 4019
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I agree

MOTO Z, One + 5t...hell even the essential phone.

You can get the galaxy s7 with the updated OS and its a better option than the pixel2 and even the s8 if you dont wanna pay the extra 300
 6 months ago '17        #17
justin747 21 heat pts21
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
It just depends on how you use your phone. All those features you mentioned come at a price. If you have a Samsung or a phone with a skin, you have no idea when you'll get the newest OS version because they have to reskin the OS. I prefer stock Android and I need the newest Android OS at all time for dev so I can't buy a Note. OnePlus 5 and 5t are both pieces of sh*t so the Pixel is the best choice for me.

That's the beauty of Android: There is a phone for everybody. You don't have to buy Google's phone if you want Android. You can buy Samsung, LG, Sony, etc...

This looks bad from a sales standpoint, but I don't think Google is really trying to do iPhone numbers with the Pixel. The Pixel/Nexus line has always just been the way to show off the newest features in the newest Android version.
GarySanchize24 and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '04        #18
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
space
$9,956 | Props total: 3837 3837
 KURUPTION!!! said:
The Pixel's slowly becoming a household name. It's a solid phone with a great camera and battery life. It's not that it's not flagship material, it's just not the most popular.

Just think about what factors into you paying premium price for a phone
bibbyboi gave props

6 months ago '09        #19
messy marv stan 4777 heat pts4777
space
space
$63,744 | Props total: 93080 93080
no phone should be $699 or w/e they charge

they all are basically the same
 6 months ago '04        #20
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,400 | Props total: 277 277
...you gotta get it off VZ...that sh*t is the k!ller.. IPhones take a bulk of sales.. and they are on all carriers.. your never EVER going catch them trying sell them on your own and partnering with ONE carrier.. That plan WILL Never work.. don't let VZ keep lying to you
Home      

sponsored links

most viewed right now
Video inside Punjabi Indian THOT Thinks She Look Like Rihanna... But Do She???
65 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 17 - She tried to blow her brains out, now has to get face transpl..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Gatorade bottles - Vol: Wee-bey.gif
67 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Rare Breeds PPV Press Conference: Murda Mook vs Aye Verb (Battle Rap)
446 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dave Chappelle At An Illuminati Bake Sale :tinfoiliseeyou:
34 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jonah Hill Hurts. ( BX CERTIFIED: ROOFLESS)
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Aug 17 - New MoviePass Plan: Buy A Ticket Then Go See Whatever You Want
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Patrick Mahomes 69 yard TD to Tyreek Hill...owwwweeee
100 comments
1 day ago