Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 months ago '09        #1
6782 page views
190 comments

RichYung757 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$3,738 | Props total: 3943 3943

This coming Thursday, former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. is going to hang up his gloves with one final f!ght in Pensacola, Florida.
Jones, 65-9 (47KOs), 49 years old, will enter the ring for what he promises will be his final time, in a ten round cruiserweight showdown with Scott Sigmon, 30-11-1 (16KOs).
The undercard will have boxing and mixed martial arts contests, which is why the event was picked up UFC f!ght Pass, which is the UFC’s digital streaming service.
jones-mayweather
Jones captured world titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and made history in 2003 when he captured the WBA heavyweight title with a twelve round decision over John Ruiz. Jones become the first man in 100 years, who began his career at 154, to rise all the way up and win the heavyweight title.

Jones believes, with confidence, that he entertained the crowd like nobody else ever did.
“The great thing today is it don’t matter what anyone says or what anyone writes, you can type 'sickest boxing highlights' into YouTube or Google and you see Roy Jones Junior doing this thing. Nobody can change your mind after you see that. That is pound-for-pound! I did what I did – it happened – it is a fact," Jones said.
“Nobody else comes close. You can watch me side-by-side with anyone and it’s not close."
But Mayweather considers himself to be TBA (The Best Ever) - which Jones disagrees with.
He admits Mayweather made far more money, but never came close to his "prime" skills and performances.
Mayweather was a former five division champion, with world titles at junior middleweight, welterweight, junior welterweight, lightweight and super featherweight.

“Floyd Mayweather was TBE at making money, but look at his highlights and look at mine. You can’t pretend it’s the same. You can’t pretend there’s ever been anyone come close to doing what I did. Nobody you could name could touch me - and I’m talking about nobody who’s around now, nobody who was around in my prime, and nobody who was around any time you can mention outta your mouth," Jones said.
“In my prime, I was the ruler. Simple as that. I understand there’s a lot of great f!ghters who’ve followed me already since I was the champ - and I hope there’s another who comes along does even better because want to see that - but I haven’t seen anyone do what I did yet. I haven’t seen anyone turn pro at 154lbs and win the heavyweight championship of the world.
“Even the great Sugar Ray Robinson, the pound-for-pound guy that he was, couldn’t win the light heavyweight title after turning pro as a welterweight. He had a difficult time trying that. So that tells you how hard it is to jump up that kind of weight and win. So, pound-for-pound the greatest of all time? It isn’t hard to figure out, Roy Jones Junior is your king of the hill.”
visit this link http://www.boxingscene.co .. what-i--124994

I disagree, i know yall all love roy here soo..

190 comments for "Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!"

9 months ago '12        #2
Ricky Retardo 45 heat pts45
space
space
$7,279 | Props total: 19650 19650
Roy is right...

Money May never lost or came close to getting knocked out while Antonio and them foreign n*ggas dazed him.

9 months ago '06        #3
javi1989 55 heat pts55
space
space
$24,627 | Props total: 37359 37359
You already know

9 months ago '11        #4
YungAJ24 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,248 | Props total: 5324 5324
Prime RJJ my GOAT

9 months ago '14        #5
yungpizzle82 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,593 | Props total: 2731 2731
RJJ has been literally and figuratively a punching bag the last few years, but I agree with him. Floyd is the best defensive f!ghter and earner as a boxer. But I would say Roy's run was the best, and he was the most entertaining f!ghter ever. Floyd had some great shows, with to me his most dominant/entertaining performance being the Gatti f!ght. If you look at RJJ's catalog he had multiple f!ghts like that where he totally outclassed his opponents and had stunning offensive flurries. And the fact that Roy won a heavyweight title does mean alot to me. I appreciate Floyd's career but Roy is my GOAT...

9 months ago '15        #6
Soulvoyage 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,170 | Props total: 24580 24580
Love em both

But Roy was goin up Nd accepting all fades

Floyd waited n*ggas out Nd stayed in his lane

Both goats I’m not knockin one over the other

9 months ago '08        #7
freshprinceoflb 1 heat pts
space
space
$511 | Props total: 295 295
 Soulvoyage said
Love em both

Who did Floyd wait out?

9 months ago '15        #8
Soulvoyage 47 heat pts47
space
space
 freshprinceoflb said
Who did Floyd wait out?
Pacman

9 months ago '05        #9
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$41,183 | Props total: 12407 12407
roy is definitely higher on my list. i aint forget RJJ

9 months ago '17        #10
DonC 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 9580 9580
ROY prolly battling CTE now.....

9 months ago '08        #11
freshprinceoflb 1 heat pts
space
space
$511 | Props total: 295 295
 Soulvoyage said
Pacman
Many Pacquiao is younger than Floyd. How can the older f!ghter wait out the younger f!ghter? Also, Floyd wanted to f!ght him years ago but he turned down the f!ght initially because of the Olympic testing floyd wanted (you can make a strong case Pac is an uncaught PED user). When they actually fought, he lost every round easily. Are you of the mind he would've won based on how this f!ght played out if it were sooner?

Last edited by freshprinceoflb; 02-12-2018 at 10:43 PM..

9 months ago '17        #12
tu calmas 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 13825 13825
Never understood the idea that losing after doing something historic took away from the historic thing you did

RJJ goat

9 months ago '15        #13
Soulvoyage 47 heat pts47
space
space
 freshprinceoflb said
Many Pacquiao is younger than Floyd. How can the older f!ghter wait out the younger f!ghter? Also, Floyd wanted to f!ght him years ago but he turned down the f!ght initially because of the Olympic testing floyd wanted (you can make a strong case Pac is an uncaught PED user). When they actually fought, he lost every round easily. Are you of the mind he would've won based on how this f!ght played out if it were sooner?
Time is time... if you wait until somebody’s not as great a f!ghter as they once were it doesn’t matter if you’re older or not

Top 10 most propped recently  9 months ago '10        #14
AriGold 177 heat pts177
space
space
$5,072 | Props total: 3593 3593

[instagram - click to view]

9 months ago '08        #15
BuffaloSouldier 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,342 | Props total: 5158 5158
Whatever RJJ say go that's my GOAT.

9 months ago '09        #16
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$68,501 | Props total: 15203 15203
Neither is tbe in my book but they're legends nonetheless

9 months ago '08        #17
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$37,178 | Props total: 18616 18616
 Soulvoyage said
Time is time... if you wait until somebody’s not as great a f!ghter as they once were it doesn’t matter if you’re older or not
Even he waited him out

The fact remains there was a clear Steroid cloud over Manny. It’s not like he stalled him out for nothing the man had an undefeated record and he wasn’t putting that up on the table until he knew for a fact the field was even.

And when it was...Paquio got his a.ss whooped

9 months ago '15        #18
Soulvoyage 47 heat pts47
space
space
 EMER1TUS said
Even he waited him out

The fact remains there was a clear Steroid cloud over Manny. It’s not like he stalled him out for nothing the man had an undefeated record and he wasn’t putting that up on the table until he knew for a fact the field was even.

And when it was...Paquio got his a.ss whooped

Roy was heavyweight champ..

Not gonna act like that doesn’t hold a lot of weight

Both great though

Last edited by Soulvoyage; 02-13-2018 at 12:43 AM..

9 months ago '09        #19
AC SLATER 73 heat pts73
space
space
$52,463 | Props total: 20707 20707
RJJ got the smoothest style of all time.

9 months ago '17        #20
Samich Eater 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 1751 1751
 Soulvoyage said
Love em both

You might want to revisit history with that statement

9 months ago '15        #21
Soulvoyage 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Samich Eater said
You might want to revisit history with that statement
Feel free to correct me

Not claimin to know their careers inside out.

Last edited by Soulvoyage; 02-13-2018 at 12:54 AM..

9 months ago '11        #22
1andonlyKingP 110 heat pts110
space
space
$13,674 | Props total: 5874 5874
Roy was the most gifted f!ghter I've ever seen, so he has the right to say whatever he wants to whether I agree with it or not

9 months ago '12        #23
Ricky Retardo 45 heat pts45
space
space
$7,279 | Props total: 19650 19650
 tu calmas said
Never understood the idea that losing after doing something historic took away from the historic thing you did

RJJ goat
In Roy's case he brought it on himself. He would've been undefeated and possibly 50-0 if he ain't catch that DQ.

It was shaky but Roy had a habit of knocking n*ggas out but rushing them while they fell. Some highlights show him hitting cats while they were down.

He just got caught

But Antonio Tarver had him sleep walking and that sh*t crushed me...

They hate you when you #1

9 months ago '17        #24
Enigmatic1 342 heat pts342
space
space
$2,631 | Props total: 12469 12469
Both great f!ghters of their era....As far as the greatest non-light heavyweights or heavyweights... I suggest you guys do research on Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Henry Armstrong,Harry Greb,Sam Langford, Walter Smith Jr.,Marvin Hagler,d!ck Tiger,Archie Moore,Tony Zale,Ezzard Charles, Carlos Monzon, Joe Gans, Panama Al Brown, Wilfred Benitez, Benny Leonard, Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Ted "Kid" Lewis, Felix Trinidad, Bennie Brisco.

As far as Roy winning the heavyweight title, it's an accomplishment but a very overrated one being as he beat John Ruiz...it's not like he beat Holyfield,Lewis,Tyson, Bowe or a top notch light heavyweight/heavyweight of that era. He had size, power and agility/speed over Mayweather while Mayweather had intelligence,strategy and top notch defense. I truly believe if Mayweather didn't significantly damage his hands in 2001 vs Carlos Hernandez that he would've been even greater(people forget he was KO'ing and TKO'ing people before then), which is unfathomable.

Another thing..boxing needs to get back to the traditional eight weight classes and cut out all this catchweight,junior,light or superweight stuff. There are alot of faux champions in boxing history with there being 17 diluted weight divisions.

Last edited by Enigmatic1; 02-13-2018 at 12:51 AM..

9 months ago '09        #25
dweezy 
space
space
$527 | Props total: 419 419
Mayweather is the best boxer I seen roy got by on he's athleticism he was never the best technical boxer what happened when he lost some of athleticism he started to loss because couldn't rely on his boxing ability

Home      

most viewed right now
+67online now  16
Video inside The Most Inbred People Of All Time
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-46online now  16
Kim Porter sacrificed for Diddy, Nov. 15, 2018 +Murder / Death by Numbers
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+28online now  15
Real Women Answer : Does Size Matter???? (WARNING)
243 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside lovemonisha 🍑
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Black Friday Thread
57 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Insane Jordan Collection
38 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Which player had the best sneakers of Week 5 in the NBA?
14 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-26online now  4
NBA KEVIN DURANT CHOKES AGAIN without his FATHERS STEPHEN CURRY & DRAYMOND GRE..
120 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy