at&t slowly starts to wage war on netflix

most viewed right now
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ol Boy Was Play Fightin Wit His Girl And Then This Happened
43 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '09        #1
2480 pageviews
16 comments

messy marv stan 4692 heat pts4692
space
space
$60,664 | Props total: 84580 84580
at&t slowly starts to wage war on netflix

visit this link http://www.dslreports.com .. Problem-141227

AT&T CEO says the company absolutely must spend $86 billion to acquire Time Warner in order to compete with Netflix. AT&T is a mammoth international juggernaut whose cooperation with NSA domestic surveillance efforts makes discerning where AT&T begins and the government starts difficult to a.ssess. The company also wields mammoth political power over state and federal lawmakers, as the company's recent attacks on net neutrality, privacy, and overall oversight of the uncompetitive broadband sector should make pretty clear.

Consumer advocates worry that AT&T's growing domination over both the conduit to the house, and the content coming into it, will provide a company with a long history of anti-competitive and downright fraudulent behavior, ample opportunity to behave even more poorly.

But throughout the debates over net neutrality and broadband privacy, AT&T has consistently tried to argue that it's Netflix consumers and regulators should be truly worried about.

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson trotted this idea out again this week, as he tried to argue that the company simply must spend $86 billion on its Time Warner acquisition to compete with Netflix. And the DOJ has sued to stop the deal for being harmful for consumers (or because Rupert Murdoch doesn't want the added competition), Stephenson tried to suggest that Netflix is the real bogeyman, and its own power is what regulators should be investigating.

"Reality is, the biggest distributor of content out there is totally vertically integrated," Stephenson told CNBC. "This happens to be something called Netflix. But they create original content; they aggregate original content; and they distribute original content. They have 100 million subscribers," Stephenson said on CNBC. "Look at Amazon. They're doing the exact same thing. Amazon Studios, creating, aggregating, distributing; Google, YouTube, Hulu, this thing is prolific."

The demonization of Netflix as the "real problem" has been a broadband industry MO for several years as large ISPs try to saddle streaming competitors with regulation while eliminating oversight for themselves as they try to push into the advertising business. Of course the markets and regulatory environment for both companies couldn't be more different; with users often forced to use AT&T due to the company's monopoly over the last mile in countless markets.

However AT&T, a company busted in recent years for aiding drug dealing scammers, making user bills harder to understand to aid crammers, ripping off programs for both the hearing impaired and the poor -- may not be in the best position to levy such warnings
hot topic and 4 others gave props

16 comments for "at&t slowly starts to wage war on netflix"

3 months ago '10        #2
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,870 | Props total: 20047 20047
AT&T trying to come at Netflix from all sorts of directions. This is crazy.
Hex and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #3
kingjappyjoe 
space
space
space
$5,477 | Props total: 6604 6604
fu*k Alexa, Facebook and Atnt and any place you shop that asks for your email they sell all your info and cause you more ads don’t support their bullsh*t!!
MOF410 and 12 others gave props

3 months ago '06        #4
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,542 | Props total: 1490 1490
lol at the preview pic for this thread
messy marv stan gave props

3 months ago '10        #5
mixtapelive 273 heat pts273
space
space
space
$3,604 | Props total: 2825 2825
 kingjappyjoe said:
fu*k Alexa, Facebook and Atnt and any place you shop that asks for your email they sell all your info and cause you more ads donít support their bullsh*t!!
At the age of 15 I figured out to just create a burner email account and use that to sign up for everything... I thought it was common sense and what everybody else was doing......
509 and 12 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #6
kingjappyjoe 
space
space
space
$5,477 | Props total: 6604 6604
 mixtapelive said:
At the age of 15 I figured out to just create a burner email account and use that to sign up for everything... I thought it was common sense and what everybody else was doing......
I just donít give them a real email I use one for bills and another for fun but I make up email names at stores and sh*t I dnt need that random 5% coupon online later for them to sell my info
messy marv stan and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '09        #7
messy marv stan 4692 heat pts4692 OP
space
space
$60,664 | Props total: 84580 84580
 servesurite said:
lol at the preview pic for this thread

the thumbnail for that thread
 3 months ago '05        #8
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,469 | Props total: 2090 2090
greedy bastards
 3 months ago '06        #9
PremiumBreeze 
space
space
space
$665 | Props total: 631 631
ATT is trying to rebuild "Ma Bell" slowly but surely, history repeats itself.
Mumbletaker and 6 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #10
marcchrome 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,080 | Props total: 2781 2781
 PremiumBreeze said:
ATT is trying to rebuild "Ma Bell" slowly but surely, history repeats itself.

Facts.....!!!! But times have changed... i hope they burn... but dope "ma bell" reference...have not heard that term since the 80's on the "V" the series.... lol!!!
PremiumBreeze gave props

3 months ago '16        #11
Homer Pimpson 
space
space
$2,466 | Props total: 5277 5277
 mixtapelive said:
been doing this forever
mixtapelive gave props

3 months ago '05        #12
blackninja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,007 | Props total: 5191 5191
I wonder if there is a grain of truth in the rumor that Apple was looking to buy Netflix.
 3 months ago '10        #13
SoFresh170 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,022 | Props total: 2912 2912
Some savages over there at AT&T. Those motherfu*kers want it all.
 3 months ago '06        #14
new2hiphop 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,655 | Props total: 24663 24663
AT&T u had your chance fuk niccas let Netflix live
Tony Franks gave props

3 months ago '17        #15
Syd 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 3131 3131
 mixtapelive said:
agrwnmn slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #16
precys 34 heat pts34
space
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 5217 5217
Lmao@people talking about burner emails because they scared of ads and their info being sold but use a smartphone, have social media profiles, probably have tinder, bumble, OkCupid etc and really think they doing something lmao you need to realize that they already got your info and been doing whatever you think they doing with it. A "fake email" ain't doing nothing but being more of an inconvenience than anything lol
justin747 and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '06        #17
jester2trife 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,698 | Props total: 3817 3817
As long as they don’t buy putlocker or alluc, I don’t give a fu*k.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
76 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
110 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside So while I was high. (still am...) I discovered a game called Gravity R..
26 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
152 comments
1 day ago