Teddy KGB's Jordan 17+ Copper Epic Saga (long)

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 months ago '15        #1
1069 page views
19 comments

Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38
space
space
$13,023 | Props total: 39964 39964
RESOLVED: Teddy KGB's Jordan 17+ Copper Epic Saga (long)

Bottom line up front: There is wrong on both sides. Nike made a defective product, and I took my sweet time to send it back to them.

April 2016, I bought the Jordan 17+ Coppers from Footlocker. Won them in a raffle and didn't try them on. Just picked them up and left. Mind you, I have 30+ pairs of Nike/Jordan basketball shoes. 10 is my size, in every other pair I own. Always. I personally think they put the size 10 tag on a size 9 sneaker.

Put them on the shelf for awhile and then a few months later I felt like breaking them out. Shoes fit like they were a size 8.5 or 9. Didn't wear them and put them back in the box. Went to return them, but couldn't find the receipt. Footlocker couldn't find any record of the sale even though I used my VIP account when I bought them. They wanted to give me less than what I paid so i refused. image

Honestly, forgot about the kicks because they were sitting in my closet, but it started pissing me off a few weeks ago. Looked online and found out Nike has a policy that says you can send shoes to them for inspection and they will refund you the money, but it has to be within 2 years of the manufacturing date. Damn. It's over two years now. I decided to send it anyway because surely a company like Nike (who always takes stuff back in almost any condition) will just see that their kicks were defective and hook me up, right? For good measure, I took a picture of all my Nike/Jordan sneakers lined up just so they knew I was a loyal repeat customer. image

Well, about 10 days later... they actually sent my sneakers back to me talking bout it is over 2 years since the manufacturing date. Ok, not happy but it is what it is. That is their rule. But... they didn't send me back my box. They just sent back my shoes in a cardboard shipping box. image

So, I called Nike and was like first of all I can't believe y'all are this cheap and petty to not inspect my sneakers, and second where my damn box at? Everyone knows that sneakers without a box are not worth the same. So the lady tells me that Nike will search the warehouse for my box and if they can't find it, they will make a new box for me. I was like "really'? Y'all will go through all that just to not give me a refund. Ok. cool. Find my stupid box then. Good luck with that. image

So about 10 days goes by and I don't hear anything from Nike. Decided to give them a call yesterday to troll/see where my sneaker box is at knowing full well ain't no way they had my box sitting on a shelf somewhere. Lady on the phone puts me on hold again and comes back and apologizes saying that I was told incorrectly and that all boxes sent in are automatically recycled and I shouldn't have sent the box (apparently it's in the fine print). At this point now I'm pissed. I got a defective pair of sneakers, no box, and Nike is playing games. image

I tell the lady, look, I don't care if the shoes were made 10 years ago, the point is I'm in this situation because Nike messed up... whenever they were made. I can't even sell them because whoever buys them would be getting a wrong size too. Plus, I ain't got no damn box now because you all decided to recycle it without having another box to give me. The lady was cool though. She tried to find every loophole and finally her supervisor allowed her to escalate it, and I will get a new shipping label to send it back for inspection, but... I'm not in the clear yet. image

Technically, the inspection is for defects not size/fitment issues. I told her I think the defect is that they put the wrong label on the sneaker. Also, there are weird stipulations on being able to send it back after two years. If you buy it from someone else after the two year period it's allowed, but if you just had them sitting on your own shelf, it's not supposed to be allowed. image

Now, I'm just waiting on the shipping label, BX. I'll keep you posted. image

Last edited by Teddy KGB; 03-02-2018 at 12:57 AM..

19 comments for "Teddy KGB's Jordan 17+ Copper Epic Saga (long)"

9 months ago '04        #2
mistatnn 
space
space
$6,324 | Props total: 5153 5153
I read all that sh*t lol. Curious as to how this is going to turn out. I remember way back, used to hear about people popping their air bubble to get a refund. Never knew if this sh*t was true though

9 months ago '15        #3
Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38 OP
space
space
 mistatnn said
I read all that sh*t lol. Curious as to how this is going to turn out. I remember way back, used to hear about people popping their air bubble to get a refund. Never knew if this sh*t was true though
At least I got one person interested.

Just received the shipping label. I'll send them out tomorrow.

9 months ago '04        #4
torious 73 heat pts73
space
space
$85,644 | Props total: 18337 18337
those are nice bruh

i hardly like anything past 12s but i'd rock those

9 months ago '04        #5
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,446 | Props total: 3197 3197
I regret not getting these a.ssuming they'd finally put out the lows

Why they gotta be yellow

Still gon try to cop 17s in my top 5

9 months ago '05        #6
Dun Language 4218 heat pts4218
space
space
$82,491 | Props total: 50721 50721
Nike once sent me a worn Jordan 9

The bottom of the shoe was so filthy it looked like someone wore them around the factory and put then in the box.

9 months ago '15        #7
space
space
 Dun Language said
Nike once sent me a worn Jordan 9

The bottom of the shoe was so filthy it looked like someone wore them around the factory and put then in the box.
how does that even happen?

9 months ago '15        #8
space
space
 torious said
those are nice bruh

i hardly like anything past 12s but i'd rock those
They’re beautiful.

9 months ago '05        #9
Dun Language 4218 heat pts4218
space
space
$82,491 | Props total: 50721 50721
 Teddy KGB said
how does that even happen?
I dunno sh*t had me tight and they sold out and I ended up paying 70 extra to a store around the way smh n had to wait for my refund from Nike

Last edited by Dun Language; 02-13-2018 at 08:34 AM..

9 months ago '09        #10
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,610 | Props total: 2401 2401
17 runs small because they are narrow. But I didnt know they had a raffle for those sneakers. Never even heard of any of these rules i guess you learn something new everyday

9 months ago '15        #11
space
space
 Toss said
17 runs small because they are narrow. But I didnt know they had a raffle for those sneakers. Never even heard of any of these rules i guess you learn something new everyday
Footlocker doesn't do it all the time, but I've seen a few stores do it. Not sure if it's an official Footlocker thing or something the store managers decide to do on their own.

9 months ago '15        #12
space
space
 StrawberryJam said
Which Nike/Jordan’s you comparing the sizing to?
Too many to list. I have a lot of Nikes and Jordans. I'm always a size 10. Always.

9 months ago '07        #13
young mad 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,243 | Props total: 10490 10490
Just read it. One thing I've learned dealing with these companies, the first time you realize there is an issue send it immediately. They make their money from fanatics and people who are indifferent lol..in a funny hedge..so you have to be diligent when dealing with returns, refunds, etc

9 months ago '06        #14
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
space
$17,972 | Props total: 1983 1983
you aint getting sh*t bro. not trying to hate but they got you.

what you should do, is post a youtube video of you wearing these compared to other sizes of jordans, showing how they fu*ked up these shoes, and post it all over the place. that may get their attention.

9 months ago '15        #15
space
space
UPDATE: Nike came through.

Hi [name deleted],

Your denied claim has been received and inspected at my office.

Although we feel your product does not qualify for our claims process, we still value your business as our customer. As your one time courtesy, I have issued a digital gift card in the amount of $250 to this email address. It may take up to 24 hours to receive, and please be sure to check your SPAM/junk mail folder.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

[name deleted]
Elite Service Athlete
Nike

9 months ago '04        #16
torious 73 heat pts73
space
space
$85,644 | Props total: 18337 18337
 Teddy KGB said

9 months ago '15        #17
space
space
 torious said

That was the retail price.

I’m rich, BX.

9 months ago '09        #18
GREEDY BEATZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,224 | Props total: 2823 2823
 Teddy KGB said
They’re beautiful.
They are a great looking shoe, if I had midget feet i’d Send you cash bro, I think these have a ‘catapult ‘ system in the heel iirc.

Did they come with the shroud? I don’t think these did...

Sorry my dude...reminds me to try on everything

On a lighter note, I copped a pair of Nike free flynit lunarlons for 40 bucks at the Nike outlet.

When I move to fla these are my road shoes and my bang around town shoes, i’m going to wear these sh*ts til the lunarlon melts...lol

But good taste, those j’s are sweet

9 months ago '09        #19
GREEDY BEATZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,224 | Props total: 2823 2823
 Teddy KGB said

Good for you bro, it worked out...lucky rich bastard

Home      

most viewed right now
+28online now  15
Real Women Answer : Does Size Matter???? (WARNING)
243 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-46online now  14
Kim Porter sacrificed for Diddy, Nov. 15, 2018 +Murder / Death by Numbers
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+67online now  11
Video inside The Most Inbred People Of All Time
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Black Friday Thread
57 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside lovemonisha 🍑
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Insane Jordan Collection
38 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Which player had the best sneakers of Week 5 in the NBA?
14 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-26online now  5
NBA KEVIN DURANT CHOKES AGAIN without his FATHERS STEPHEN CURRY & DRAYMOND GRE..
120 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy