But Apple's Sales Aren't Down They Said: More iPhone Suppliers Warn Of Declining Sales

most viewed right now
 49
Feb 22 - Armed deputy assigned to Florida school hid outside during shooting
111 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside Young Thug Says He Won't Release New Music This Year Because of Deaf Br..
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside Narcissistic female appalled hotel won't let her stay for free
80 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Tisha Campbell-Martin files for divorce from Duane Martin
132 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 3 weeks ago '07        #1
1509 pageviews
63 comments


Jago 1054 heat pts1054
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
But Apple's Sales Aren't Down They Said: More iPhone Suppliers Warn Of Declining Sales
 

 
image

Qualcomm Inc. and Broadcom Ltd., key suppliers to Apple Inc., have implied that orders related to the iPhone tailed off more than normal at this time of year.

Some of Apple’s iPhones are built with Qualcomm’s modems, which are chips for connecting to cellular networks. The San Diego-based chipmaker said Wednesday that orders from a large “thin modem” customer tailed off at worse-than-typical levels in the quarter. It was widely interpreted that the customer is Apple.


Apple reports earnings on Thursday, where it has projected revenue of $84 billion to $87 billion for the holiday quarter, including from its new flagship iPhone X, which went on sale in November. However, supply chain reports have indicated that the Cupertino, California-based technology giant has cut iPhone X orders in half for early 2018. Multiple analysts also have said the iPhone X was not the holiday smash hit that some expected.

Earlier on Wednesday, Broadcom said it expects a “greater-than-seasonal decline in wireless” components, indicating fewer than anticipated sales of its chips for its fiscal second quarter, which ends in April. Broadcom provides wireless network and Bluetooth components for the iPhone. Christopher Rolland, an analyst at Susquehanna Investment Group, pegged Apple as the reason for the order slowdown in a note Wednesday. Neither company mentioned Apple in its forecasts.

A smaller supplier, Qorvo Inc., predicted current quarter sales of as little as $645 million, missing analysts’ estimates by more than $100 million. Qorvo makes radio-frequency chips and gets about 40 percent of its sales from Apple, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Apple declined to comment on the suppliers’ forecasts.

A survey of seven analysts from Bloomberg estimates that Apple shipped 80 million iPhones in the holiday quarter of 2017, with an average iPhone selling price of $767, up from $695 a year earlier.
visit this link Top iPhone Suppliers Warn of Slower Sales Ahead of Apple Results - Bloomberg
justin747 and 2 others gave props
 
Homer Pimpson slapped this ish
 

63 comments for "But Apple's Sales Aren't Down They Said: More iPhone Suppliers Warn Of Declining Sales"

 3 weeks ago '07        #2
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
How will @ and @ spin this one?
justin747 and 2 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '14        #3
strungout 364 heat pts364
space
avatar space
space
$24,478 | Props total: 48818 48818
im seriously debating getting a maxed out macbook pro or buying a car

on one hand i can do content creation but on the other hand i can have more of a life and reduce my travel time immensily ...
javi1989 and 2 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,503 | Props total: 11574 11574
 strungout said:
im serioualy debating getting a maxed out macbook pro or buying a car

on one hand i can do content creation but on the other hand i can have more of a life ...
Get the car
strungout and 13 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '04        #5
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$7,094 | Props total: 4132 4132
 Jago said:
How will @ and @ spin this one?
Like other rational people, we wait to hear from Apple. Not the random supplier sources resulting in posting hot topic blog articles. Apple switches suppliers all the time. It must mean apple cant sell a iphone cuz they tell a supplier, "chill, we good over here. right now" You droid lames look for ANYTHING in hopes it means apples falling off. yet year after year they prove yall wrong when the numbers come out.

BUT BUT BUT nobodys buying a 2-3k macbook pro, or a 5-9k imac pro, or a 1k iphone X....


Last edited by R0CAF3LLA_pimp; 02-01-2018 at 01:57 PM..
strungout and 1 others gave props
 
Mr CEO slapped this ish
 
 3 weeks ago '04        #6
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$7,094 | Props total: 4132 4132
 strungout said:
im seriously debating getting a maxed out macbook pro or buying a car

on one hand i can do content creation but on the other hand i can have more of a life and reduce my travel time immensily ...
The macbook will pay for a car with a few editing gigs. Do some music videos or wedding photo editing gigs then you'll have both...


Last edited by R0CAF3LLA_pimp; 02-01-2018 at 01:35 PM..
strungout and 4 others gave props
 
Y.G. slapped this ish
 
 3 weeks ago '07        #7
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
Like other rational people, we wait to hear from Apple. Not the random supplier sources resulting in posting hot topic blog articles. Apple switched suppliers all the time. It must nean apple cant sell a iphone cuz they tell a supplier, "chill, we good over here. right now" ou droid lames look for ANYTHING in hope it menad apples falling off. yet year after year they prove yall wrong.

BUT BUT BUT nobodys buying a 2-3k macbook pro, or a 5-9k imac pro, or a 1k iphone X....
Random source? This is coming straight from Qualcomm and Broadcom that their sales are declining due to a "major" vendor having decreased orders. It's easy to parse from their statements that the vendor is Apple.

Only 2 companies supply Apple with modems: Qualcomm and Intel. Qualcomm locked up a contract to supply a bulk of the modems for the iPhone X. Now you're saying that Apple has switched to a new modem supplier? Who?
justin747 and 4 others gave props
 
Jody slapped this ish
 
 3 weeks ago '04        #8
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$7,094 | Props total: 4132 4132
 Jago said:
Random source? This is coming straight from Qualcomm and Broadcom that their sales are declining due to a "major" vendor having decreased orders. It's easy to parse from their statements that the vendor is Apple.

Only 2 companies supply Apple with modems: Qualcomm and Intel. Qualcomm locked up a contract to supply a bulk of the modems for the iPhone X. Now you're saying that Apple has switched to a new modem supplier? Who?
NONE of this directly reflects sales tho...they just making news... but yea, by all means cling to these scraps of info and make it lead to low sales and iphone cancellations in your mind. :
 3 weeks ago '07        #9
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
NONE of this directly reflects sales tho...they just making news... but yea, by all means cling to these scraps of info and make it lead to low sales and iphone cancellations in your mind. :
So two iPhone suppliers stating that Apple has unexpectedly reduced parts orders for their flagship phone doesn't reflect sales? Can't be serious.
justin747 and 1 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '11        #10
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,545 | Props total: 6730 6730
 Jago said:
How will @ and @ spin this one?


[tweet - click to view]



Average price of phone sold up $100.
Jody gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '11        #11
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,545 | Props total: 6730 6730
 Jago said:
So two iPhone suppliers stating that Apple has unexpectedly reduced parts orders for their flagship phone doesn't reflect sales? Can't be serious.

Or the rumors of Apple launching the iPhone SE2 this Spring may be true...
 3 weeks ago '07        #12
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 Kadillac87 said:



Average price of phone sold up $100.
That's good since Apple failed to meet shipment expectations. The analysts foreshadowing a sales decrease were right.
 3 weeks ago '07        #13
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 Kadillac87 said:
Or the rumors of Apple launching the iPhone SE2 this Spring may be true...
Yeah I'm sure Apple is reducing parts orders for their flagship phone in order to make room for the iPhone SE 2.
 3 weeks ago '11        #14
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,545 | Props total: 6730 6730
 Jago said:
That's good since Apple failed to meet shipment expectations. The analysts foreshadowing a sales decrease were right.
Missed shipment expectations due to shorter quarter. iPhone X was the best selling phone every week since it was released. Apple doesn't break out sales by model but the average price being up $100 tells you the X performed really well. So it's not selling but it was the best selling phone since it was released. Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?



[tweet - click to view]


Blinx 182 and 1 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '07        #15
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 Kadillac87 said:
Missed shipment expectations due to shorter quarter. iPhone X was the best selling phone every week since it was released. Apple doesn't break out sales by model but the average price being up $100 tells you the X performed really well. So it's not selling but it was the best selling phone since it was released. Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?




With the substantial leap in price, the iPhone X could afford to sell fewer units and still be able to increase the average selling price of the iPhone.

Fact is, Apple easily missed sales estimates and numerous suppliers have forecasted sales decreases based on Apple reducing orders.

If sales were down during the holiday season, I don't expect them to get better.
justin747 gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '11        #16
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,545 | Props total: 6730 6730
 Jago said:
With the substantial leap in price, the iPhone X could afford to sell fewer units and still be able to increase the average selling price of the iPhone.

Fact is, Apple easily missed sales estimates and numerous suppliers have forecasted sales decreases based on Apple reducing orders.

If sales were down during the holiday season, I don't expect them to get better.
They sold 78 million phones last year. 77 million this year. Last year there were 14 weeks in the quarter. This year it was 13 weeks. Not a substantial drop off.
Blinx 182 gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '07        #17
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 Kadillac87 said:
They sold 78 million phones last year. 77 million this year. Last year there were 14 weeks in the quarter. This year it was 13 weeks. Not a substantial drop off.
Wall Street expected 80 million units to be sold. Being 3 million units below that is a decent gap. Shouldn't have been hard to reach the estimate considering it was the holiday season and they had a redesigned flagship.
strungout gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '11        #18
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,545 | Props total: 6730 6730
 Jago said:
Wall Street expected 80 million units to be sold. Being 3 million units below that is a decent gap. Shouldn't have been hard to reach the estimate considering it was the holiday season and they had a redesigned flagship.
It was also a $1,000 phone. So again, what is it? Nobody is buying the iPhone X or Apple is selling the same amount of phones at a higher price? Went from the X is a massive failure to well, they missed expectations by 1% while raising the price by 20%+.



[tweet - click to view]

Blinx 182 and 4 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '07        #19
Jago 1054 heat pts1054 OP
space
space
space
$3,877 | Props total: 6110 6110
 Kadillac87 said:
It was also a $1,000 phone. So again, what is it? Nobody is buying the iPhone X or Apple is selling the same amount of phones at a higher price? Went from the X is a massive failure to well, they missed expectations by 1% while raising the price by 20%+.


The only person stating the "massive failure" rhetoric is you. The facts are that the iPhone missed Wall Street sales expectations, failed to increase sales numbers from 2016 which was an "s" year, missed sales targets with help from the holiday and has suppliers foreshadowing declines due to reduced component orders for the iPhone X.

The only saving grace is the high price of the iPhone X allowing for less sales while generating more profit per unit.
justin747 and 1 others gave props
 
 3 weeks ago '10        #20
Bandito 95 heat pts95
space
space
space
$5,320 | Props total: 8447 8447
I thought people arguing record sales were lame. Y'all riding for cell phone companies now?
dopeismarcus and 4 others gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Paris Jackson a WHOLE snack ❄️
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Faces In My Pillow Case Mascara On My Sheets
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Since yall like em chubby
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Benin City, the mighty medieval capital now lost without trace
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Dave East Dressing like a Weirdo Now??
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Article inside Brazilian Scientists to release documentary proving that the Earth is..
307 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Demoness pleads guilty to torturing, killing son she thought ..
125 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Tekashi69 explains Massive Brawl at Lax J Prince called him "they aint from RA..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy