online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

iMessage working on Android: weMessage

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

6 years ago '05        #1
6440 page views
0 comments

precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24382 24 K  Slaps total: 2555 2 K
iMessage working on Android: weMessage

But but but you need a Mac..... Lmao who cares, it took me 20 mins to download a High Sierra vm image and get it up and running lol

I'm sure this will be the next thing Apple patches after they send out that battery reverse patch lol I'm not gonna use it but I'm sure some people here would like to try.

YT

If it wasn’t for iMessage, I would have ditched my iPhone for Android years ago, but because the rest of my family (and most of my friends) use iOS devices, I’m locked into Apple’s world. Otherwise, I would be missing out on iMessage-only group chats (I know it’s pathetic, but it’s true).

I’ve seen unofficial apps pop up in the past claiming to offer iMessage for Android, but they mostly turn out to be fake (or even dangerous). Now, however, it looks like one company has actually figured out how to bring Apple’s messaging service to Android. There’s just one catch: you need a Mac computer to make it work.

How WeMessage Works
WeMessage doesn’t rely on any exploits in Apple’s code to get iMessage running on Android. Instead, it sets up a server on your Mac to send and receive messages, and then quickly forwards those to the app on your phone.

This app might not have all the latest bells and whistles from Apple, but it covers all the important stuff. It can handle one-on-one conversations and group chats, send attachments, create those special iMessage effects, and even supports Read Receipts (if you’re into that). WeMessage is also encrypted, so your private conversations will stay private.

One important note: weMessage doesn’t have access to your old iMessages, so those won’t show up in the app. But moving forward, all your new conversations will be there.

How to Install WeMessage
Before you can install weMessage on your phone, you’ll need to set up the company’s weServer software on your Mac. That requires installing a Java SE Development Kit and then tweaking your System Preference to give the server Terminal rights.

With that done, download weServer and open the ZIP file. Then find the “run.command” file and double click on it to launch weServer. Once it opens, the program will ask for your iMessage email. Make sure to use the same email connected to your official iMessage account, but pick a new password for security.

With that out of the way, you can install weMessage on your Android device. Once it launches, you’ll need to enter your Mac’s IP address, along with the email and password you just used on your computer. Your contacts should all show up in the app automatically so you can start texting right away.

https://lifehacker.com/yo .. u-h-1822160827

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+818