2019 iPhones Could Have Smaller Notch as Apple 'Looking Into' Combining Face ID and Front

most viewed right now
72 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '13        #1
1537 page views
16 comments

misterethoughts 370 heat pts370
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 6377 6377
2019 iPhones Could Have Smaller Notch as Apple 'Looking Into' Combining Face ID and Front

A new report from South Korea's ETNews insinuates that iPhones may have a smaller notch in 2019 or beyond.

The report, citing industry sources, claims Apple is "looking into" combining the front-facing camera and Face ID on next year's iPhones, a move that could certainly reduce the size of the TrueDepth sensor housing.

According to industries, it is heard that Apple is planning to strengthen face sensing function starting from 2019 models. That is why it is planning to increase number of parts that will be used for iPhones and is looking into combination of a face recognition module with a camera module.

The confusing bit is that the report mentions a singular face recognition module, whereas Face ID is powered by an infrared camera, dot projector, and flood illuminator. The report doesn't specify how Apple would manage to combine these components, so like many very-early-on rumors, this one isn't entirely clear yet.

The notch is easily the most controversial attribute of the iPhone X's design. While many early adopters don't mind the small cutout at the top of the display, others have heavily criticized it, including The Outline's Joshua Topolsky.

The "notch" on the new iPhone X is not just strange, interesting, or even odd ó it is bad. It is bad design, and as a result, bad for the user experience. The justification for the notch (the new Face ID tech, which lets you unlock the device just by looking at it) could have easily been accomplished with no visual break in the display. Yet here is this awkward blind spot cradled by two blobs of actual screen space.

Unfortunately for those critics, it doesn't look like the smaller notch will arrive in 2018, as new iPhones and iPads set to launch later this year are expected to have the same TrueDepth sensor housing as the iPhone X.

Back in November, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said Face ID will be featured on a second-generation 5.8-inch iPhone X, a larger 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus, and a new mid-range 6.1-inch iPhone. Apple will also release at least one iPad Pro model with Face ID this year, according to Bloomberg News.

LG Innotek will reportedly supply all or the majority of 3D sensing modules for the next-generation iPhone and iPad models, based on an $821 million investment, which may have been funded at least partially by Apple.

visit this link https://www.macrumors.com .. smaller-notch/

16 comments for "2019 iPhones Could Have Smaller Notch as Apple 'Looking Into' Combining Face ID and Front"

1 year ago '07        #2
21 1689 heat pts1689
space
space
$64,707 | Props total: 74664 74664
hah!

iStanleys gonna pretend to be happy again just because the notch is smaller and still got no fingerprint sensor?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 21; 01-16-2018 at 11:56 AM..

1 year ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,749 | Props total: 19621 19621
 st21 said
hah!

iStanleys gonna pretend to be happy again just because the notch is smaller and still got no fingerprint sensor?

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '17        #4
Gucci2x 15 heat pts15
space
space
$295 | Props total: 2247 2247
iPhone and Apple are dead. Tim Cook is a salesman and supply chain expert. Literally, nothing has changed at Apple in 10 years.

1 year ago '05        #5
precys 93 heat pts93
space
space
$5,542 | Props total: 11483 11483
So the Essential Phone?

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '05        #6
weed 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,166 | Props total: 1900 1900
TouchID > FaceID

1 year ago '10        #7
GBREEZE 278 heat pts278
space
space
$13,174 | Props total: 11452 11452
Apple been trash, u ignorant fu*ks can't think for yourselves so you run to get basic a*s average a*s smartphone

1 year ago '15        #8
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,493 | Props total: 18388 18388
I think it’s silly n*ggas don’t like apple rush into the apple threads

1 year ago '17        #9
justin747 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,191 | Props total: 53323 53323
 160z said
I think itís silly n*ggas donít like apple rush into the apple threads
So you just want every Apple thread to be a bunch of n*ggas sucking Apple's d*ck and acting like they're the best company ever? The reason Apple is making all these dumb decisions lately is because their fan base is filled with a bunch of "yes men."

Why are you n*ggas so afraid to criticize Apple? Do they kick you out of the cult if you say bad things about Apple products?

1 year ago '15        #10
Peemateo 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,172 | Props total: 2266 2266
 justin747 said
So you just want every Apple thread to be a bunch of n*ggas sucking Apple's d*ck and acting like they're the best company ever? The reason Apple is making all these dumb decisions lately is because their fan base is filled with a bunch of "yes men."

Why are you n*ggas so afraid to criticize Apple? Do they kick you out of the cult if you say bad things about Apple products?
Iím a Apple head but i criticize when its due, BUT IíM NEVER in a samsung thread speaking sh*t about samsung cause its not my wave. PERIOD. Btw iPhone X sucks.....

1 year ago '15        #11
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 justin747 said

Don’t talk to other men about sucking any kind of d*ck, idgaf how much you love yo phone! I don’t respect that. You super pressed over something that has no affect on yo life, not one bit. These mfs got you judging n*ggas bc of their phone choice? I don’t think you cell phone racists know who the real sheep are, but hey you do you keep drinking the kool-aid and never give up on being a die hard fan

1 year ago '17        #12
justin747 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Peemateo said
Iím a Apple head but i criticize when its due, BUT IíM NEVER in a samsung thread speaking sh*t about samsung cause its not my wave. PERIOD. Btw iPhone X sucks.....
That's cool, but nothing is wrong with going into a Samsung thread and talking sh*t if it's deserved. As long as you do your research it's all god to disagree. It's all just a discussion. Most iPhone fans talk sh*t about Samsung/Android and have done ZERO research. That's why they have such a sh*tty reputation.

There was a thread the other day about Samsung calling their foldable phone the "Galaxy X." These iStan fools were saying Samsung stole the "X" from Apple... Not only were they dead wrong because many phone have been called "X," these retards didn't understand that the "X" was the roman numeral 10. They own a product that they don't even know the correct name of....

1 year ago '17        #13
justin747 42 heat pts42
space
space
 160z said
Donít talk to other men about sucking any kind of d*ck, idgaf how much you love yo phone! I donít respect that. You super pressed over something that has no affect on yo life, not one bit. These mfs got you judging n*ggas bc of their phone choice? I donít think you cell phone racists know who the real sheep are, but hey you do you keep drinking the kool-aid and never give up on being a die hard fan

[pic - click to view]

fu*k outta here dumb a*s n*gga. You know what the fu*k I mean. Stay on topic.

My point is n*ggas like to talk about tech. Apple deserves to be critiqued just like every other company. You n*ggas get all sensitive when people talk sh*t about Apple like you on the payroll. If Apple wasn't fu*king up so much n*ggas wouldn't be able to talk sh*t in these threads.

You talking about somebody has me judging people about their phone choice when your dumb a*s came into the thread doing exactly that you hypocrite a*s n*gga.

160z said
I think itís silly n*ggas donít like apple rush into the apple threads

1 year ago '15        #14
Peemateo 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,172 | Props total: 2266 2266
 justin747 said
That's cool, but nothing is wrong with going into a Samsung thread and talking sh*t if it's deserved. As long as you do your research it's all god to disagree. It's all just a discussion. Most iPhone fans talk sh*t about Samsung/Android and have done ZERO research. That's why they have such a sh*tty reputation.

There was a thread the other day about Samsung calling their foldable phone the "Galaxy X." These iStan fools were saying Samsung stole the "X" from Apple... Not only were they dead wrong because many phone have been called "X," these retards didn't understand that the "X" was the roman numeral 10. They own a product that they don't even know the correct name of....

Thatís all good, i dont go into samsung threads cause NOTHING in their effects my daily life cause iím all apple products. So i could care less about ANY thing research or not.

1 year ago '15        #15
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 justin747 said

[pic - click to view]

fu*k outta here dumb a*s n*gga. You know what the fu*k I mean. Stay on topic.

My point is n*ggas like to talk about tech. Apple deserves to be critiqued just like every other company. You n*ggas get all sensitive when people talk sh*t about Apple like you on the payroll. If Apple wasn't fu*king up so much n*ggas wouldn't be able to talk sh*t in these threads.

You talking about somebody has me judging people about their phone choice when your dumb a*s came into the thread doing exactly that you hypocrite a*s n*gga.

Okay

1 year ago '04        #16
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,013 | Props total: 6010 6010
Apple stay improving devices. Good to see they still looking to keep they foot on these other OEMs necks...

1 year ago '05        #17
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,306 | Props total: 6301 6301
Its too late. 8 is the last iphone. Im going back to android.

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  24
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+38online now  19
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkersí drinks with LSD to change their Ďnegati..
126 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+31online now  19
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
183 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  6
Paper work of Casanova 2x snitching surfaces