Softbank Throwing $6 Billion Around To Improve Sprint's Network In 2018

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bhris brown want the smoke with migos
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Latin thickness. Impossible decision.
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 20 -Illinois woman gets life in prison for plot to commit mass mur..
26 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Lance out here clowning Lebrun
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '07        #1
707 pageviews
28 comments

Jago 1066 heat pts1066
space
space
space
$3,917 | Props total: 6439 6439
Softbank Throwing $6 Billion Around To Improve Sprint's Network In 2018

Sprint Corp. CFO Tarek Robbiati explained life without T-Mobile US Inc. at a New York investment conference Tuesday. Beefing up its network is the top priority.

"It's all about rolling out our network," Robbiati told investors at the UBS telecom and media event. The carrier plans to spend $5 billion to $6 billion on its network next year, up from $3.5 billion to $4 billion in projected network capex this fiscal year.

Sprint needs the investment to gain ground on T-Mobile, AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. Improving the carrier's networks will also help Sprint Chairman Masayoshi Son build out the ecosystem of connected devices and cars that he is funding through the Softbank Vision Fund.

Of the four major wireless carriers, Gartner Inc. analyst Bill Menezes said, Sprint is in last place in subscriber counts and the geographic reach of its network. "That's a big deal because it it inhibits its ability to go after customers who are outside the fringes of suburbia in some areas," Menezes said.

"It becomes even more imperative now with no apparent combination occurring that would increase the reach of their coverage the way a merger with T-Mobile would have," he added.

Sprint already intended to boost investment in its network, regardless of how the merger talks went.

"[I]t would have been really, really a negative if we had embarked on an M&A transaction without investing in the network because of the regulatory uncertainties," Robbiati told investors. If Sprint banked on the merger to solve its network issues and regulators denied the deal, the carrier would have been in the lurch. "So, you can imagine us going into a transaction deciding not to invest in the network for whatever cash reason or synergy protection reason that you can come up with, that would have been a really bad decision," he said.

Sofbank, which holds more than 83% of Sprint, and Deutsche Telekom AG, which owns more than 64% of T-Mobile, could not decide how to divvy up ownership of the merged telecoms.

Robbiati said that the Softbank Vision Fund's investments in kindred technology compelled Son to desire control of the network.

"If you really step into Masa's shoes, he has now, with the Vision Fund, a lot of capital that he's putting to use in the TMT space," the Sprint executive said. Robbiati pointed to Arm Holdings plc, a chipmaker specializing in the Internet of things that Softbank acquired for $31 billion last year, and OneWeb Ltd, a satellite broadband startup that Softbank funded last year. He could also have cited Softbank's investment in Uber Technologies Inc., which has aspirations in self-driving cars, and Nvidia Inc., which is developing tech for autonomous vehicles.
visit this link Why Sprint Plans to Spend More Than $5 Billion to Bolster Its Network - TheStreet
hot topic and 1 others gave props

28 comments for "Softbank Throwing $6 Billion Around To Improve Sprint's Network In 2018"

3 months ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,570 | Props total: 16127 16127
Bout time
Raziel and 2 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #3
Javon23 287 heat pts287
space
space
$47,874 | Props total: 13411 13411
I've already seen a great deal of improvement in my area
Y.G. gave props

3 months ago '12        #4
SLiP 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,077 | Props total: 1417 1417
I loved using Softbank when I was in Japan. sh*t was reliable.
 3 months ago '17        #5
HughyBaby 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,212 | Props total: 26641 26641
They should have done this years ago instead of trying to have GoaT-Mobile but them out.....now they trying to play catch-up. But I guess it’s never too late to get 3rd place
justin747 and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '12        #6
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,976 | Props total: 12930 12930
just like with 3G, by the time Sprint's LTE network is fully expanded and positioned to even remotely compete with the other 3 companies which are dominating in comparison to Sprint's network reliability and speeds, the other companies will be rolling out 5G. And Sprint will be back to playing catch up. They fu*ked up in the late 2000's. I was sellin their sh*t for a while too. sh*tty service, sh*tty company, sh*tty pricing... fu*k Sprint
Jody gave props

3 months ago '05        #7
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 acefresh said:
just like with 3G, by the time Sprint's LTE network is fully expanded and positioned to even remotely compete with the other 3 companies which are dominating in comparison to Sprint's network reliability and speeds, the other companies will be rolling out 5G. And Sprint will be back to playing catch up. They fu*ked up in the late 2000's. I was sellin their sh*t for a while too. sh*tty service, sh*tty company, sh*tty pricing... fu*k Sprint
Naw. They'll be densifying the LTE network while working on the 5G rollout simultaneously. Sprint already has more 5G spectrum than any other carrier so they won't be playing catchup if they truly are putting the work in now.
 3 months ago '12        #8
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Naw. They'll be densifying the LTE network while working on the 5G rollout simultaneously. Sprint already has more 5G spectrum than any other carrier so they won't be playing catchup if they truly are putting the work in now.
What is it with you and sprint
Jody gave props

Y.G. slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 acefresh said:
What is it with you and sprint
What?
acefresh slapped this ish

3 months ago '12        #10
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Y.G. said:
What?
You love sprint what do you mean? You constantly defend this company lol thatís all Iím sayin. sh*t is weird. Cuz I know sprint is trash in comparison to a majority of wireless companies. Customer service is international call centers. Plan prices canít be justified compared to what the network offers, and what that money could get u elsewhere, without obligations or taxes.

Do u work for sprint?
Jody gave props

Y.G. slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #11
S550 
space
space
$496 | Props total: 1476 1476
Kept getting ads for this ray blanco cat and his new Halo-fi

It was actually the creepiest pitch video I ever seen but looks like soft bank pumped a billion in it
 3 months ago '04        #12
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,383 | Props total: 1397 1397
Sprint has been "allegedly" spending billions of dollars on there network since 2010 when it had wimax. They have the spectrum they just need to use it and stop bullsh*tting around.
acefresh and 3 others gave props

3 months ago '05        #13
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 acefresh said:
You love sprint what do you mean? You constantly defend this company lol thatís all Iím sayin. sh*t is weird. Cuz I know sprint is trash in comparison to a majority of wireless companies. Customer service is international call centers. Plan prices canít be justified compared to what the network offers, and what that money could get u elsewhere, without obligations or taxes.

Do u work for sprint?
I'm constantly defending Sprint because I corrected you? Okay.
acefresh and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '12        #14
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I'm constantly defending Sprint because I corrected you? Okay.
So you never defend Sprint in these forums?
Dylx gave props

Y.G. slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #15
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 acefresh said:
So you never defend Sprint in these forums?
I'm not sure what your question has to do with you being corrected.

You want to hate on Sprint and scream from the mountain tops that they're garbage, go head. If they were garbage for you, cool.

All I did was point out your statement about the solely working on 4G and being left behind with 5G was false. Hate on Playa.
LYTE gave props

Dylx slapped this ish

3 months ago '12        #16
acefresh 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I'm not sure what your question has to do with you being corrected.

You want to hate on Sprint and scream from the mountain tops that they're garbage, go head. If they were garbage for you, cool.

All I did was point out your statement about the solely working on 4G and being left behind with 5G was false. Hate on Playa.
I understand that you think they will ďjust work on perfecting their lackluster 4G network while simultaneously rolling out 5GĒ....if they could do that they woulda done that sh*t with 3G/4G and would already have a significant LTE network. They d!cked around with that WiMAX bullsh*t while their competitors were solidifying LTE dominance.

Not to mention, rolling out a new network thatís yet to be thoroughly tested is something that requires an infrastructure refresh on all their existing towers. Theyíre not ďdoing it simultaneouslyĒ because their improvements for 4G need to be implemented and then tested. And then their existing towers will need to be enhanced for 5G, implemented and tested. They canít compete with VZW and ATT as far as the 5G rollout. No fu*king chance. Thatís all I was saying. No hate at all lol I donít hate on wireless companies Iím not even remotely emotionally invested in any of them to hate. Sprint is just trash and I donít like stans. And ur literally a stan for Sprint and now acting mad casual like ur not lol
Jody and 2 others gave props

3 months ago '05        #17
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 acefresh said:
I understand that you think they will “just work on perfecting their lackluster 4G network while simultaneously rolling out 5G”....if they could do that they woulda done that sh*t with 3G/4G and would already have a significant LTE network. They d!cked around with that WiMAX bullsh*t while their competitors were solidifying LTE dominance.

Not to mention, rolling out a new network that’s yet to be thoroughly tested is something that requires an infrastructure refresh on all their existing towers. They’re not “doing it simultaneously” because their improvements for 4G need to be implemented and then tested. And then their existing towers will need to be enhanced for 5G, implemented and tested. They can’t compete with VZW and ATT as far as the 5G rollout. No fu*king chance. That’s all I was saying. No hate at all lol I don’t hate on wireless companies I’m not even remotely emotionally invested in any of them to hate. Sprint is just trash and I don’t like stans. And ur literally a stan for Sprint and now acting mad casual like ur not lol

[pic - click to view]

Cellphone service soliloquies.
acefresh and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #18
Jody 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,492 | Props total: 3484 3484
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

Cellphone service soliloquies.
Stop pretending you ain't a Samsung and Sprint Stan you homo.

All of a sudden you got amnesia when your hoe card gets pulled.

You a cornball and you gay on top of that.

k!ll yourself
Y.G. gave props

3 months ago '05        #19
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jody said:
Stop pretending you ain't a Samsung and Sprint Stan you homo.

All of a sudden you got amnesia when your hoe card gets pulled.

You a cornball and you gay on top of that.

k!ll yourself
Up on Friday night, stalking another man and making homoerotic passive aggressive posts. Got damn loser.
Dylx slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #20
Jody 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,492 | Props total: 3484 3484
 Y.G. said:
Up on Friday night, stalking another man and making homoerotic passive aggressive posts. Got damn loser.
oh man you really got me with that one

corny a.ss dude
Y.G. and 1 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 19 - Man shot & killed after his homegirl told him to confront a s..
88 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Kayaker encounters wild Orca
52 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Adrien Broner tells Leonard Ellerbe to "Shut The fu-k Up" and that he's..
116 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Casanova gets shot at in Brooklyn and asks for the hammer
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ralo Instagram Is Crazier Than You Think
175 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shes a dime. Who gonna say otherwise?
75 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Feds: Rapper Ralo trafficked up to $2 million in marijuana to Georgia
356 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Xbox One Gets 8 New Original Xbox Backwards Compatible Games
49 comments
2 days ago