Asking Turkish Women About Black Men
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggaz unfollowin Game for this pic he posted on his IG
140 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Bankroll Fresh CASE CLOSED.......DETAILS INSIDE🙈🙉ԅ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 1 pic, but DAMN! #datti••ymeat
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 months ago '07        #1
1642 page views
35 comments

Jago 1090 heat pts1090
space
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 7009 7009
LG Throws In The Towel, Will No Longer Release Flagships Yearly

LG Electronics’ chief said it will no longer set a regular timeline to launch smartphones as it has done over the past years, in an apparent strategic move to help its struggling smartphone business, which has been losing money for 11 straight quarters.

“We will unveil new smartphones when it is needed. But we will not launch it just because other rivals do,”
said LG Electronics Vice Chairman Cho Sung-jin on Wednesday during a press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. He was responding to a question on when the firm would launch its new flagship smartphone LG G7.

“We plan to retain existing models longer by, for instance, unveiling more variant models of the G series or V series,” Cho said.

As for why the strategy on smartphones will be changed, the chief said, “We found it is important to retain a good platform for a long (time) and concerns rise over the supply of lithium materials.”

Although he did not mention the smartphone unit’s financial losses, the announcement appears to reflect the firm’s scale-down of its phone business amid slow growth in the global smartphone market in contrast to the firm’s flourishing appliances and other sectors.

LG’s mobile communications unit is estimated to report a financial loss for the 11th straight quarter in the October-December period last year.

The mobile unit was not able to make a turnaround last year, as the bulk of its earnings came from budget phones, not flagship models although its smartphone business reduced losses by more than 40 percent last year compared to the previous year, reaching around 700 billion won ($650 million) in losses.

Analyst Park Won-jae of Mirae a.sset Daewoo Securities predicted LG's smartphone business would once again fail to make a turnaround this year, although it would further reduce its losses to 184.7 billion won this year.

Cho also talked about the firm’s business plan for its robots powered by artificial intelligence and autonomous driving, which the firm has been revealing since it announced early last year that it would foster its robot business as a future growth engine.

“The robot business is not profitable now and it is not a huge business for the time being. But we are raising its brand profile now and the business is expected to make profits in two to three years,” Cho said.

Many technologies are needed for robots and LG cannot do all that alone, he said. “We plan to acquire small companies and invest in related business.”

During the show, the firm exhibited its robot brand CLOi, which is an integrated portfolio of robots for information, cleaning and mowing lawns. It also unveiled serving, porter and shopping cart robots.

LG started to provide CLOi robots at Incheon Airport and Starfield Hanam, a large shopping mall in Korea, last year. It plans to expand use of the devices to hotels and supermarkets this year.

During the event, the tech firm also unveiled its artificial intelligence-powered TVs, the LG OLED TV ThinQ and LG Super UltraHD TV ThingQ, which allow users to control the TVs and search for content via voice commands by integrating LG’s AI platform DeepThinQ and Google a.ssistant. It also showcased OLED TVs with Alpha 9 chips that it developed, which improved the devices’ resolution.
visit this link LG to shift strategy on money-losing smartphone
hot topic and 5 others gave props

Grave slapped this ish

35 comments for "LG Throws In The Towel, Will No Longer Release Flagships Yearly"

6 months ago '12        #2
ThePainkiller 364 heat pts364
space
space
$74,091 | Props total: 31809 31809
Grave gave props

6 months ago '04        #3
nwking 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 3648 3648
Ohh crap it's over for lg in the phone market. Love the TV's though
Illogic and 5 others gave props

6 months ago '07        #4
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,065 | Props total: 277 277
The V30 ended it for them
 6 months ago '16        #5
Negusis 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,892 | Props total: 6970 6970
I'm a fan of the V series
craze189 gave props

6 months ago '04        #6
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
space
$44,603 | Props total: 16126 16126
That's why the v30 has a 2 year warranty on it

Makes sense
ThePainkiller and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '10        #7
catch22 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,779 | Props total: 1191 1191
iPhone 6, 6s, and 7 where all the same phones with 1 added/removed feature. Just follow that model.
Boogie1790 and 7 others gave props

6 months ago '14        #8
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,246 | Props total: 868 868
 StrawberryJam said:
Can’t believe it took them this long to realize no one was buying their phones.
They wasn't doing Galaxy numbers but I know a lot of n*ggas that actually like LG phones. Them bi*chs reliable.
SouthsideNori and 5 others gave props

21 slapped this ish

6 months ago '15        #9
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,076 | Props total: 22745 22745
 Greenghost2212 said:
They wasn't doing Galaxy numbers but I know a lot of n*ggas that actually like LG phones. Them bi*chs reliable.
Idk bout that they had to replace my g4 like 4x cuz of bootlooping. Couldn't wait to get rid of the piece of sh*t

But I will say aside from that huge fu*k up, the phone itself wasn't bad.
flav and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '16        #10
Boogie1790 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,093 | Props total: 9819 9819
 Greenghost2212 said:
I had mine for like 9 months and its goin to sh*t. But sh*t a phone is a phone to me. As long as i can call text and go online im straight
lizardman and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '15        #11
SouthsideNori 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,353 | Props total: 13629 13629
Sad to hear I got a G6 and I like it, can't think of any drawback. A slighter better camera package would of helped tho.
Simonsaid86 and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '07        #12
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,351 | Props total: 2320 2320
Smart move. You don’t make another product just cause a competitor is dropping. When you have a good new product then you drop it
 6 months ago '04        #13
CrAkKedOuT 1000 heat pts1000
space
space
space
$24,588 | Props total: 17167 17167
I'd be fine if all phone manufacturers took a year or two off to release new phones.
Dro24 and 8 others gave props

6 months ago '06        #14
LYTE 140 heat pts140
space
space
space
$14,938 | Props total: 6377 6377
 CrAkKedOuT said:
I'd be fine if all phone manufacturers took a year or two off to release new phones.
Word. It's not like the current model is so far advanced from the previous model from 12 months ago either.

They don't even have enough time to advance technology
Adamsville4real gave props

6 months ago '08        #15
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,438 | Props total: 3665 3665
FINALLY LG gives up. It's about damn time.

They don't have the structure and outlook to afford to release yearly flagships, and in turn they keep hurting their brand. I understand there is a need to compete but what's the point of doing so if you release half-assed hardware, especially when the stability is into question ?

I used to repair phones for some time and LG has usually by FAR been the lowest quality hardware and worst in RND. Sorry but it's just the truth
B-Y-D gave props

6 months ago '07        #16
21 1424 heat pts1424
space
space
$59,922 | Props total: 58202 58202
 Greenghost2212 said:
They were the opposite of reliable.
Y.G. gave props

6 months ago '14        #17
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,246 | Props total: 868 868
 st21 said:
They were the opposite of reliable.
sh*t every LG i had fu*ked up because of screen cracks. Not nothing internal.
otton1716 and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '06        #18
dirtyalphaman 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 3283 3283
Hey, I love new phones tbh, but every year??? And Samsung is about to drop the S9 earlier than last year according to some sources. But why do we need one every year. I think theyre about to lose money with the S9 because they didn't too much with it. Apple too........How many people who had a 7 got an 8? And then a 10??? I am a Samsung dude through and through and I think the Note 8 is the best thing since sliced bread. But honestly, give me a little time to have the hottest sh*t before you upgrade or replace the model........
BossTonMA and 1 others gave props

6 months ago '12        #19
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,633 | Props total: 13563 13563
Cats can say what they want about LG. Theyre alot better than they used to be. Samsungs got/get hot too but people gave/give them a pass lol.
 6 months ago '16        #20
Jody 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,830 | Props total: 4277 4277
 daman729 said:
Cats can say what they want about LG. Theyre alot better than they used to be. Samsungs got/get hot too but people gave/give them a pass lol.
you better tread lightly with the samsung facts

a couple f*ggots/stans on here will slit your throat you disparage samsung name in any negative manner

and yall cornball a.ss n*ggas know who im talking about too
bnw99 gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just Copped My First Challenger
84 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why Are Asian Men LEAST Popular Among Women?
328 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The USA section in other countries grocery stores
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jul 17 - 22 Men Rape 11-year-old for Several Months, 18 Arrested
112 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 🎈Happy Birthday Boxden!🎈
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Gates got NBA Youngboy tatted on him
212 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 17 - Restaurant Publicly Shames 17-Year-Old Kid for Paying Bill wi..
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eddie Murphy as Rudy Ray Moore
80 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy