Jan 11 - Walmart Closing 63 Sam's Club stores; Laying off thousands (but dat $11 wage tho)

most viewed right now
But but but Nicki is done
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside VENOM - Official Trailer & Poster
109 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Some IG model doesn’t want smoke
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TheNeedleDrop Gives Cole "KOD" a 5/10
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '13        #1
6789 pageviews
152 comments

Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26748 26748
Jan 11 - Walmart Closing 63 Sam's Club stores; Laying off thousands (but dat $11 wage tho)

Walmart is abruptly closing 63 Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands of workers

Walmart is abruptly closing 63 Sam's Club locations across the US, the company told Business Insider. Some stores were closed on Thursday. Others will close at a later date.

Many employees were not informed of the closures ahead of the time, according to reports.

10 of the closed stores will be turned into ecommerce distribution centers.

Walmart is closing 63 Sam's Club stores across the US, the company told Business Insider.

Several stores were abruptly closed Thursday. In some cases, employees were not informed of the closures prior to showing up to work on Thursday.

Instead, they learned that their store would be closing when they found the store's doors locked and a notice announcing the closure, according to reports.

Ten of the affected stores will be turned into ecommerce distribution centers, and employees of those stores will have the opportunity to reapply for positions at those locations, a Walmart official said.

The remaining stores will stay open for several weeks before closing permanently. All of the affected stores were scrubbed from Sam's Club's website Thursday morning.

Sam's Club offered an explanation for the closures on Twitter, saying, "After a thorough review of our existing portfolio, we’ve decided to close a series of clubs and better align our locations with our strategy. Closing clubs is never easy and we’re committed to working with impacted members and a.ssociates through this transition."

The closures come on the same day that Walmart announced it was raising starting hourly wages to $11, expanding employee benefits, and offering workers bonuses of up to $1,000

but but trickle down image

I wonder if the members of the stores that abruptly shut down will have their memberships refunded. image

Last edited by Erma Gerd; 01-11-2018 at 12:16 PM..
ThunnLanguage and 39 others gave props

MELODY and 1 others slapped this ish

152 comments for "Jan 11 - Walmart Closing 63 Sam's Club stores; Laying off thousands (but dat $11 wage tho)"

3 months ago '13        #2
SisterFister 64 heat pts64
space
space
$3,427 | Props total: 7171 7171
fu*king Walmart
DamianDragunov and 18 others gave props

3 months ago '05        #3
Based_One 87 heat pts87
space
space
$10,062 | Props total: 8478 8478
Dead a.ss bananas
cloudy55 and 7 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #4
Zazi3 The Beast 73 heat pts73
space
space
$945 | Props total: 4840 4840
This will be blamed on amazon after fox news puts their spin on it
YSL Mean and 22 others gave props

3 months ago '13        #5
Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298 OP
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26748 26748
 Zazi3 The Beast said:
This will be blamed on amazon after fox news puts their spin on it
Thought the same thing, but that spin for no-notice layoffs will need to be stellar.
Quillajones and 11 others gave props

3 months ago '08        #6
tdnupe3 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,053 | Props total: 17284 17284
I guess my wishful thinking was pre-mature. I did mention in the other thread that they may offset the raises with a "reduction in employment expense". But, damn. I was thinking that they would at least wait a while. This is crazy.

Not to mention, the cost of food is going up EVERYWHERE. Something bad must be on the horizon.
iswerve and 32 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #7
Negusis 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 6002 6002
That's some straight up as*hole sh*t to do. Seriously, not even just the store closings, but the way they did it. Like 20 levels of disrespect shown to employees.

If I was any Wally's World employee, I'd be updating my resume.

People fell for that "trickle down" BS again. Same old play book.
ThunnLanguage and 25 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #8
dank 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,400 | Props total: 996 996
antiHERO gave props

3 months ago '07        #9
timdog 986 heat pts986
space
space
$32,720 | Props total: 19106 19106
Wal Mart mad their money back smh.
Aztlan and 8 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo 186 heat pts186
space
space
$11,487 | Props total: 27605 27605
Stopped going to walmart about a month ago i'll be damned if I pay for sh*t and bag it up too after a long day at work and a couple people I know feel the same way so they gonna loose custies.
kakish and 14 others gave props

Bacon and 2 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '17        #11
fearlessherojg 
space
space
space
$1,036 | Props total: 2325 2325
 tdnupe3 said:
I guess my wishful thinking was pre-mature. I did mention in the other thread that they may offset the raises with a "reduction in employment expense". But, damn. I was thinking that they would at least wait a while. This is crazy.

Not to mention, the cost of food is going up EVERYWHERE. Something bad must be on the horizon.

To me, it's clear that corporations know the way they did business before is on its last legs. They've gotten tax cuts in the past of varying degrees, but people are much more aware of inequality and labor exploitation now than ever before.

They know, that if they don't give us something (which doesn't really amount to much), then it means the end of any further tax cuts for them and very likely down the road, tax increases.

It's like a reverse of what happened with FDR's bargains with the rich for New Deal legislation: the bargain basically was, if you don't agree to this, (higher taxes and expansions of programs and the creation of the social safety nets), this whole system will fail and you'll lose everything, possibly by force through the people. The same ultimatum exists now, except they get what they want first, with the promise to take care of everyone as a result.

It's so contradictory to me -- even if someone agrees with free market principles and agrees with the tax cuts based on that, how can they reconcile this form of false pandering to the masses with "the free market dictating higher wages and bonuses?"
tdnupe3 and 14 others gave props

3 months ago '05        #12
pnoi89 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,721 | Props total: 5594 5594
It’s not just Walmart... many businesses are merging positions to address higher wages. Banks are merging tellers and bankers, virtually eliminating tellers. Restaurants such as Red Robin are removing bussers altogether. Retail outlets reduced their staff such as eliminating greeters altogether.
tdnupe3 and 19 others gave props

3 months ago '09        #13
Msfourfteleven 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,873 | Props total: 811 811
Yep, my co-worker's husband said that they closed his store without warning this morning. Went to work for a "meeting" and saw people from Corporate there. That's when they told them as of today, the store was closed. They did offer them some pretty good incentives like other store placements, they will keep paying them for 90 days with the first check being double and if they can't find another store to transfer to, they will offer them a severance package.

He said they closed the store due to poor performance. Meaning they didn't really get a lot of business. He said it would be times where he didn't get a customer for 2-3 hours.
ThunnLanguage and 31 others gave props

dank slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #14
foshoVoodoo 186 heat pts186
space
space
$11,487 | Props total: 27605 27605
Maga good for business
tdnupe3 and 8 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #15
ThunnLanguage 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,556 | Props total: 4575 4575
Sad sh*t in this thread...
Trump was right, I'm really getting sick of all this winning.

..and yes, Trickle Down my azz. Supply Side Economics can get a fat veiny one.
tdnupe3 and 3 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #16
dank 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,400 | Props total: 996 996
 Msfourfteleven said:
Yep, my co-worker's husband said that they closed his store without warning this morning. Went to work for a "meeting" and saw people from Corporate there. That's when they told them as of today, the store was closed. They did offer them some pretty good incentives like other store placements, they will keep paying them for 90 days with the first check being double and if they can't find another store to transfer to, they will offer them a severance package.

He said they closed the store due to poor performance. Meaning they didn't really get a lot of business. He said it would be times where he didn't get a customer for 2-3 hours.

fake news............
tallulahmademe and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '16        #17
OWPE 56 heat pts56
space
space
$3,990 | Props total: 9349 9349
If a store is losing money, it closes.... Thats how business works.......

two-face and 4 others gave props

batmanwithprep and 6 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '08        #18
tdnupe3 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,053 | Props total: 17284 17284
 fearlessherojg said:

To me, it's clear that corporations know the way they did business before is on its last legs. They've gotten tax cuts in the past of varying degrees, but people are much more aware of inequality and labor exploitation now than ever before.

They know, that if they don't give us something (which doesn't really amount to much), then it means the end of any further tax cuts for them and very likely down the road, tax increases.

It's like a reverse of what happened with FDR's bargains with the rich for New Deal legislation: the bargain basically was, if you don't agree to this, (higher taxes and expansions of programs and the creation of the social safety nets), this whole system will fail and you'll lose everything, possibly by force through the people. The same ultimatum exists now, except they get what they want first, with the promise to take care of everyone as a result.

It's so contradictory to me -- even if someone agrees with free market principles and agrees with the tax cuts based on that, how can they reconcile this form of false pandering to the masses with "the free market dictating higher wages and bonuses?"
It will be just like Brazil, where the wealthy live behind gates with armed guards. They can't go anywhere without the fear of being kidnapped and held for ransom (or worse). Things here in the states seem to be headed that way.
fearlessherojg and 14 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #19
two-face 64 heat pts64
space
space
$38,862 | Props total: 38579 38579
 foshoVoodoo said:
Stopped going to walmart about a month ago i'll be damned if I pay for sh*t and bag it up too after a long day at work and a couple people I know feel the same way so they gonna loose custies.
I stopped like 3 -4 years ago. Theres absolutely nothing i need in that store
foshoVoodoo and 9 others gave props

messy marv stan and 1 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '04        #20
two-face 64 heat pts64
space
space
$38,862 | Props total: 38579 38579
 ThunnLanguage said:
Sad sh*t in this thread...
Trump was right, I'm really getting sick of all this winning.

..and yes, Trickle Down my azz. Supply Side Economics can get a fat veiny one.
Ya it was trumps fault when circuit city closed down too
dpapi95 and 2 others gave props

batmanwithprep and 10 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Eat, Eat, Eat That Azz for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Apr 22 - Cops DONT kill Black man who Saved diners from Active shooter
38 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Michael Jordan Tells Byron Scott He'll Drop 50 On Rookie: 54pts Vs Lakers ..
45 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Woman catches a witch doing black magic on her porch
516 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye West Teases Takashi Murakami 'Kids See Ghosts' Project With Kid ..
19 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Judge Brutally Berate's A Woman In Wheelchair. The Woman Died & Judge H..
44 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Millie is thick. LAWD
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside why did belly get jumped?
162 comments
2 days ago