MAC or PC for next purchase

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '04        #1
328 page views
11 comments

quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,328 | Props total: 1360 1360
MAC or PC for next purchase

I'm looking to purchase a new computer in the near future and confused on which way to go. Was thinking about getting a Mac (I currently do software development and it's becoming the industry standard) but also want something I can possibly game on as well. So Mac is not a clear cut for that plus they are vastly overpriced. Open to building a PC but I do want some portability. So just wanted everyone thoughts on what way to go. Budget will.be around 2k

11 comments for "MAC or PC for next purchase"

1 year ago '14        #2
Daptism 21 heat pts21
space
space
$7,969 | Props total: 26651 26651
What person needs 2000 for a pc? You don't need to spend that kind of cash, hell 1000 is even pushing. Buy custom made parts, put it together and save yourself a lot of money instead of buying a premade machine.

With the remaining 1000 just buy a macbook pro, add in an sd card, some memory upgrades and you are set.

1 year ago '04        #3
quintosis03 4 heat pts OP
space
space
2k was the max for what I would get
If cheaper that would be great. And I thought the newer Macs, everything was soldered on so the parts were not swappable

1 year ago '14        #4
LocdUpProd 685 heat pts685
space
space
$15,583 | Props total: 10442 10442
Pc

1 year ago '05        #5
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,987 | Props total: 20132 20132
Macs? Standard for development?

1 year ago '04        #6
space
space
 Y.G. said
Macs? Standard for development?
Hell yeah it's becoming the standard. Well depending on the language it is starting to become the norm. Every company I've worked for in the past 10 years 90% of developers have a mac. Any Java/groovy type development, u are probably on a mac

1 year ago '05        #7
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 quintosis03 said
Hell yeah it's becoming the standard. Well depending on the language it is starting to become the norm. Every company I've worked for in the past 10 years 90% of developers have a mac. Any Java/groovy type development, u are probably on a mac
Macs are far from industry standard for development breh.

1 year ago '04        #8
space
space
 Y.G. said
Macs are far from industry standard for development breh.
Again I said becoming. Not there yet. But a good amount of developers use Mac. It's not as big of a gap as u think.

1 year ago '11        #9
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 8129 8129
 quintosis03 said
I'm looking to purchase a new computer in the near future and confused on which way to go. Was thinking about getting a Mac (I currently do software development and it's becoming the industry standard) but also want something I can possibly game on as well. So Mac is not a clear cut for that plus they are vastly overpriced. Open to building a PC but I do want some portability. So just wanted everyone thoughts on what way to go. Budget will.be around 2k
I would go the Mac route as:

1. they last longer,
2. have better resale value,
3. Come with top notch customer service
4. have better performance as the hardware and OS are controlled by Apple,
5. the OS is light years better than Windows,
6. OS updates are free,
7. integration between phone, tablet, PC and Phone is the best on the market

...and the NUMBER ONE benefit for you is that...

8. it opens the door for you to develop for every platform. If you buy or build a PC you will be unable to develop for any Apple platforms. However if you buy a Mac you can develop for iOS, Mac, PC, Android, Linux, and etc.

You are going to read a lot of people bashing the Mac because they can build a “1,000 gigawatt PC” with 4x the RAM as the iMac but they HAVE to do that because Windows is not as efficient as MacOS. I build Windows Servers and have been using Windows since 3.11 for Workgroups so people can’t tell me anything. I’ve bought eMachines, Compaqs, IBM Aptivas, Sony VAIOs, and have built numerous builds from Pentiums, K6s, and Core iXs...man my first sounds card was a Yamaha OPL3SA. Mac is a better experience all around and the computers are better built, last longer, and sell for more.

1 year ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 quintosis03 said
Again I said becoming. Not there yet. But a good amount of developers use Mac. It's not as big of a gap as u think.
The gap is still huge. This mainly due to cost.

1 year ago '05        #11
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Deuterion said
I would go the Mac route as:

1. they last longer, False
2. have better resale value, Depends on the brand. Surface products have strong value.
3. Come with top notch customer service
4. have better performance as the hardware and OS are controlled by Apple, False
5. the OS is light years better than Windows, Subjective
6. OS updates are free, Windows 10 updates are free
7. integration between phone, tablet, PC and Phone is the best on the market Subjective

...and the NUMBER ONE benefit for you is that...

8. it opens the door for you to develop for every platform. If you buy or build a PC you will be unable to develop for any Apple platforms. However if you buy a Mac you can develop for iOS, Mac, PC, Android, Linux, and etc. MacOS can be installed on a virtual machine if need be.

You are going to read a lot of people bashing the Mac because they can build a “1,000 gigawatt PC” with 4x the RAM as the iMac but they HAVE to do that because Windows is not as efficient as MacOS. I build Windows Servers and have been using Windows since 3.11 for Workgroups so people can’t tell me anything. I’ve bought eMachines, Compaqs, IBM Aptivas, Sony VAIOs, and have built numerous builds from Pentiums, K6s, and Core iXs...man my first sounds card was a Yamaha OPL3SA. Mac is a better experience all around and the computers are better built, last longer, and sell for more.

Last edited by Y.G.; 01-08-2018 at 08:26 PM..

1 year ago '11        #12
CALViiiN 755 heat pts755
space
space
$20,523 | Props total: 44971 44971
if you dont game on PC then just come to the #MacbookGang

its your money, do whatever you want.

Home      

most viewed right now
+51online now  8
Image(s) inside Its Time For That Upgrade!
65 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+46online now  6
Image(s) inside This The Chick Kevin Hart Risked It All For?
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Report: Google to cease business w/ Huawei, pull Play Store, Google apps, Andr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+151online now  5
Image(s) inside Haleigh 🍞🎂
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy