Samsung Gear S4 could feature watch straps with integrated battery, fingerprint sensor

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '09        #1
1673 page views
23 comments

Tiko377 1979 heat pts1979
space
space
$17,204 | Props total: 12396 12396
Samsung Gear S4 could feature watch straps with integrated battery, fingerprint sensor

It appears that Samsung wants to improve the quality of its smartwatch lineup, which means the South Korean giant doesn't plan on giving up on wearable segment anytime soon.

A new set of patents filed by Samsung last month reveal some of the interesting features that the company wants to introduce in some of its next smartwatches, maybe even in the upcoming Gear S4 (or whatever the name).

The most important seems to be the solution that Samsung found to provide smartwatch users with more battery life. The South Korean company intends to sell watch straps with integrated battery inside. Obviously, the batteries Samsung will use must be flexible and very thin to fit in these watch straps.

Moreover, the application mentions the possibility of including not one, but two batteries placed on both sides of the watch strap. Even with the addition of the battery, watch straps will not be limited to a few materials, so customers will still be able to choose from many different types such as leather, polymer, rubber or fiber.

Since the battery will be moved from the smartwatch to the watch strap, there will be some space left where Samsung can include other components. Among them, Samsung mentions the possibility of adding a camera, a fingerprint or lighting sensor, as well as proximity, infrared and heart rate sensors.

Another intriguing new feature that we can expect from future Samsung smartwatches is the addition of some sort of rotating bezel with sub-display. Each time the user rotates it, he/she can access a different menu.

Although all these new features seem very exciting to have, it will be interesting to see how many of them Samsung will be able to actually include in its next smartwatch, presumably the Gear S4.

source: LetsGoDigital (translated)

visit this link https://www.phonearena.co .. ensor_id101313

23 comments for "Samsung Gear S4 could feature watch straps with integrated battery, fingerprint sensor"

1 year ago '05        #2
JealousOnesHate 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,946 | Props total: 4443 4443

1 year ago '04        #3
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,960 | Props total: 5841 5841
Still won’t do Apple Watch numbers. Why do I need touchid in a watch?

1 year ago '17        #4
Cant Read Shit 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,825 | Props total: 11953 11953

R0CAF3LLA_pimp said
Still wonít do Apple Watch numbers. Why do I need touchid in a watch?

square toy looking watches

1 year ago '05        #5
precys 92 heat pts92
space
space
$5,422 | Props total: 11108 11108
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said
Lmao you always one of the first 3 posts on Samsung threads just to hate but I know you in them to read on what actual progression of technology is so you can look forward to when Apple does it lmao

As far as fingerprint on my watch, I would like that a lot better than having to put my pin everytime I use it to pay at any credit card machine and not just the ones that say Samsung/Apple pay. Also, with unlocking my watch, in general, when I put it on instead of having to use the pin. Pretty much the same reason your phone has it but I'm sure you knew that, you just had to find a way to hate until apple adds some sort of identification system to their watches lol

You don't have to play dumb just because you're an apple Stan....... Or are you not playing?

Cant Read sh*t said

square toy looking watches

Lmao square a*s watches for square a*s lames
:jtlol:

Last edited by precys; 01-06-2018 at 04:31 AM..

1 year ago '07        #6
21 1655 heat pts1655
space
space
$64,184 | Props total: 72933 72933
 precys said
Lmao you always one of the first 3 posts on Samsung threads just to hate but I know you in them to read on what actual progression of technology is so you can look forward to when Apple does it lmao

As far as fingerprint on my watch, I would like that a lot better than having to put my pin everytime I use it to pay at any credit card machine and not just the ones that say Samsung/Apple pay. Also, with unlocking my watch, in general, when I put it on instead of having to use the pin. Pretty much the same reason your phone has it but I'm sure you knew that, you just had to find a way to hate until apple adds some sort of identification system to their watches lol

You don't have to play dumb just because you're an apple Stan....... Or are you not playing?

Jesus

1 year ago '11        #7
TonePadrino 
space
space
$631 | Props total: 2417 2417
I’m happy with my S2 Classic, still tickin

1 year ago '05        #8
precys 92 heat pts92
space
space
 st21 said
Jesus
LMAO!!! The "Jesus" got me

1 year ago '04        #9
killahhops 3 heat pts
space
space
$958 | Props total: 256 256
 TonePadrino said
Iím happy with my S2 Classic, still tickin
Mine just stopped holding a charge unless it's in power save mode. I was going to pickup the Frontier today, but I think I'll wait to see what the 4 looks like.

1 year ago '07        #10
tre0624 115 heat pts115
space
space
$20,979 | Props total: 11392 11392
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said
Your Apple watch looks like those kid vtech watches. sh*t doesn't look like a real watch and galaxy watch u can do more sh*t

1 year ago '05        #11
HARBINGER 458 heat pts458
space
space
$52,789 | Props total: 12548 12548
 precys said

They want to fit in so bad ..with a bunch of pop f*ggets at that :jtlol:

1 year ago '04        #12
badboy600 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 2890 2890
Frontier has been my daily watch dor a year now. Love it. Battery is starting to drain quicker though

1 year ago '05        #13
precys 92 heat pts92
space
space
 HARBINGER said
They want to fit in so bad ..with a bunch of pop f*ggets at that :jtlol:
Man, who you telling! Grown a*s man wearing one of those Fitbit knockoff looking toy watches. I'm not gonna lie tho, they look s*xy on women... But so do heels lmao

THIS is what A MAN'S watch is supposed to look like

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '05        #14
precys 92 heat pts92
space
space
 badboy600 said
Frontier has been my daily watch dor a year now. Love it. Battery is starting to drain quicker though
I, luckily, still have an amazing battery after a year of use just like when I first got it but swapping out the battery is super easy. You just unscrew the back, pop it off and put a new one in. Only reason I know this is because I had to look up a video on how to take it apart because I need to replace the bezel. I had one or two too many drinks this Christmas vacation and scuffed the fu*k out of it and my OCD hates looking at it everyday and I can only lie to myself by using a sharpie for so long lmao let me try and find the video for you

Edit:
Here's the video... And funny enough, I don't have to take it apart. Apparently the bezel just pops off with a bit of force but careful not to loose 4 little balls and 4 little springs underneath. You won't need to worry about that tho when you do the battery luckily

[video - click to view]

Last edited by precys; 01-06-2018 at 01:00 PM..

1 year ago '04        #15
badboy600 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 2890 2890
 precys said
I, luckily, still have an amazing battery after a year of use just like when I first got it but swapping out the battery is super easy. You just unscrew the back, pop it off and put a new one in. Only reason I know this is because I had to look up a video on how to take it apart because I need to replace the bezel. I had one or two too many drinks this Christmas vacation and scuffed the fu*k out of it and my OCD hates looking at it everyday and I can only lie to myself by using a sharpie for so long lmao let me try and find the video for you

Edit:
Here's the video... And funny enough, I don't have to take it apart. Apparently the bezel just pops off with a bit of force but careful not to loose 4 little balls and 4 little springs underneath. You won't need to worry about that tho when you do the battery luckily
Dope!! I didnít even consider changing the battery

1 year ago '09        #16
iAM2 2 heat pts
space
space
$644 | Props total: 1294 1294
i bought my s2 classic like 2 yrs ago and been rocking it everyday since.. i wish i could buy a presidential rolex band and put it on my s2 or i might just flood the dial but my battery kinda lasting less than a day now

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by iAM2; 01-06-2018 at 03:11 PM..

1 year ago '07        #17
21 1655 heat pts1655
space
space
$64,184 | Props total: 72933 72933
 iAM2 said
i bought my s2 classic like 2 yrs ago and been rocking it everyday since

[pic - click to view]

That paper though

1 year ago '17        #18
justin747 41 heat pts41
space
space
$10,106 | Props total: 48971 48971
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '14        #19
rashadd 
space
space
$1,576 | Props total: 5597 5597
I got a moto 360 (2nd gen) after I decided I didn't want to pay the money for a gear 3, but will keep an I out for this cause I want a watch I can talk on while driving and my 360 hasn't a speaker.

1 year ago '16        #20
B86 
space
space
space
$2,033 | Props total: 7352 7352
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said
Why do you need Face ID on phones a decade after the same damn thing was already on Android devices?

1 year ago '08        #21
cohs 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,214 | Props total: 9921 9921
 tre0624 said
Your Apple watch looks like those kid vtech watches. sh*t doesn't look like a real watch and galaxy watch u can do more sh*t
Iím sure your phone didnít look like a ďreal phoneĒ until everyone changed they sh*t up and now that look is normal. Personal preference is one thing, but you sound dumb.

1 year ago '05        #22
ceo-of-hucworld 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,111 | Props total: 15518 15518
One of the relieving things I did was ditch my Apple Watch and iPhone. The Apple Watch seemed like a novelty and it was one moment that stuck out to me. This older gentlemen comes up to me at the mall as I’m waiting for my girl to come out of this store. I’m sitting on the bench and I had my arms folded. He sits down, mocks my posture and folds his arms and has an Apple Watch. Dude said “I guess we're brothers huh? Hahaha!” I looked at him with the straightest face until he got up and walked off.

1 year ago '09        #23
RichYung757 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$3,811 | Props total: 4022 4022
Have s2..was thinking of getting s3..depending on release date may wait...

1 year ago '05        #24
precys 92 heat pts92
space
space
 badboy600 said
Dope!! I didnít even consider changing the battery
Just curious, did you get the new gear update that updates it to Tizen 3? I know they been rolling it or for a few weeks now and I just got it and my watch dies super duper fast now!! I was looking some stuff up and it says that doing a hard reset after the update fixes up the battery drain to an extent and they'll be hopefully sending out an update to patch the battery drain for good. So I recommend doing the hard reset before spending time and money on swapping the battery. The watch hasn't been out long enough for the battery to start draining this fast already.

Home      

most viewed right now
-73online now  17
Rebel Wilson: Black Men In Atlanta Thought I Was A '10'!!
235 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+126online now  12
Image(s) inside 48 And Still Got It
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Michael RacistPort wants to take back Meek Mill comments.
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-33online now  5
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy