LG will rename the G-series starting with the phone formerly known as LG G7

most viewed right now
99 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '09        #1
1118 page views
15 comments

Tiko377 1985 heat pts1985
space
space
$17,376 | Props total: 12637 12637
LG will rename the G-series starting with the phone formerly known as LG G7

LG is reportedly planning to rejigger its flagship naming scheme – there will be no “LG G7”. Instead, the company will choose a new name for its early 2018 flagship, claims an LG official quoted by Digital Daily.

The G-series traces its roots back to 2012’s Optimus G, a name that was simplified to LG G2 for the sequel. Four generations later, this is coming to an end.

The final name has not been decided yet.
“Numbering the phone with a two-digit number and rebranding the phone with a new name are some of the options on the table”.

What does that mean for the LG V30 successor? Nothing, if the company goes with “LG G70” (two digits, same format as the current V-series), but that leaves a gap - why is the LG V40 so much behind the G70?

Some think this is might be the reason behind LG's desire for new names - numbers make the LG G7 look like an older generation compared to iPhone 8 or Galaxy S9. Such numerology might seems silly, but Samsung did skip the Galaxy Note6 for similar reasons and Microsoft’s Xbox has been all over the place trying to chase Sony’s PlayStation.

visit this link https://www.gsmarena.com/ .. news-28968.php

15 comments for "LG will rename the G-series starting with the phone formerly known as LG G7"

1 year ago '07        #2
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 1016 1016
who cares sh*ts still trash!

1 year ago '12        #3
ThePainkiller 366 heat pts366
space
space
$74,789 | Props total: 34082 34082
 Escobar97 said
who cares sh*ts still trash!
Yep.

1 year ago '12        #4
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,144 | Props total: 15534 15534
People sleepin on LG. I'm tellin ya. They stepped their game up. Yeah their phones can get hot, but so do samsungs(especially with sd cards) and many other brands. Only difference is, LG's hardware wasn't as able to keep up with heat episodes. But after the G5, they elevated. Nowhere near as many problems as they had earlier. V20,V30, G6 were some of the best phones out when they dropped.

1 year ago '06        #5
1OverJordan24 237 heat pts237
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 2767 2767
LG makes really good phone

1 year ago '06        #6
Yung Dilla 1577 heat pts1577
space
space
$63,349 | Props total: 65586 65586
 daman729 said
People sleepin on LG. I'm tellin ya. They stepped their game up. Yeah their phones can get hot, but so do samsungs(especially with sd cards) and many other brands. Only difference is, LG's hardware wasn't as able to keep up with heat episodes. But after the G5, they elevated. Nowhere near as many problems as they had earlier. V20,V30, G6 were some of the best phones out when they dropped.
Shiiiiiit I have a g6 and I'll never buy another lg phone. Front facing camera is trash, the phone itself breaks easy, I had 5 replacements because the vibration motor just stops for some reason no matter if vibration is on or off it just stops one day. "Okay Google" never fu*king works you gotta practically scream for lg to pick up on it Sammy, pixel, Nexus when I'm around friends their phones just pick up what I'm saying. Lg phones are pure and utter garbage.

Imo of course

1 year ago '05        #7
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,865 | Props total: 11570 11570
Ill never buy a LG phone ever again.

I dont follow the upgrade your phone every year trend, had the HTC One THE ORIGINAL worked perfect, ended up dropping a weight on it, so had to get a new phone. Grabbed the LGv20, everythings fine except 1 out of every 5 text messages i never recieve, they just dont come through. I do work off my phone that sh*t isnt acceptable, even got a replacement sent to me and same problem. fu*k em

1 year ago '05        #8
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,865 | Props total: 11570 11570
 Yung Dilla said
Shiiiiiit I have a g6 and I'll never buy another lg phone. Front facing camera is trash, the phone itself breaks easy, I had 5 replacements because the vibration motor just stops for some reason no matter if vibration is on or off it just stops one day. "Okay Google" never fu*king works you gotta practically scream for lg to pick up on it Sammy, pixel, Nexus when I'm around friends their phones just pick up what I'm saying. Lg phones are pure and utter garbage.

Imo of course
Ive never had those problems but ive had others (see above post) fu*k em, piece of trash phones, i may not get texts BUT it takes good pictures lol

1 year ago '07        #9
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,252 | Props total: 7525 7525
Lg g3 was great for 3 months till i almost burnt my face off.sh*t eventually burned out the sim card.cam was dope but it got blazing hot with the screen light set to anything above 5%.

And that's before the Google voice started popping up everytime i played music or plugged in headphones.that Google sh*t almost made me switch to iPhone

1 year ago '11        #10
bc718 86 heat pts86
space
space
space
$317 | Props total: 16 16
Got the v20
sh*t works fine.
Maybe do Samsung next
Try something new.

1 year ago '17        #11
BlakkJonSnow 3 heat pts
space
space
$759 | Props total: 2277 2277
 daman729 said
love my lg g6... i see ppl saying its trash, but wait till iphone puts all these features in the iphone 11 and all of a sudden they love it

1 year ago '17        #12
BlakkJonSnow 3 heat pts
space
space
$759 | Props total: 2277 2277
 projectd06 said
Ill never buy a LG phone ever again.

I dont follow the upgrade your phone every year trend, had the HTC One THE ORIGINAL worked perfect, ended up dropping a weight on it, so had to get a new phone. Grabbed the LGv20, everythings fine except 1 out of every 5 text messages i never recieve, they just dont come through. I do work off my phone that sh*t isnt acceptable, even got a replacement sent to me and same problem. fu*k em
i never had those issues

lg g6

1 year ago '08        #13
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,847 | Props total: 7434 7434
LG... let it go

1 year ago '08        #14
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,644 | Props total: 16998 16998
LG is gatbage. I got the LG G4 per Boxden recommendations and you bastards owe me monaaaaay!!!!!

Im kidding. Not about LG being trash, just the money part lol.

1 year ago '05        #15
precys 93 heat pts93
space
space
$5,542 | Props total: 11485 11485
 ThePainkiller said
Yep.
I swear your avi always goes perfect with your replies LMAO!!!

1 year ago '05        #16
Tranquilo 30 heat pts30
space
space
$6,506 | Props total: 2441 2441
I got my wife the v30...and i got the pixel 2xl... oh man do I not regret that.

Phone is a top 7 from last year but the last update was from Oct 2017, My Pixel takes better pics, smooth all day, and monthly updates.

still not a bad a phone. just v series seems much better than the g series.

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  15
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+38online now  15
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
128 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+32online now  13
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
191 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  10
Your soul is mine, for tree fiddy. MK 11 Shang Tsung