most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside African Thotz
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-28-2005, 10:39 AM         #1
6787 pageviews
88 comments

i cant rap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 28 - BAD BOY LATINO

Diddy Forms Latin Label With Pitbull
By Roman Wolfe
Date: 4/28/2005 10:00 am

Sean “P. Diddy” Combs hopes to tackle the Latin market with his Bad Boy records and has announced the launch of Bad Boy Latino, which the mogul has formed with Miami rapper Pitbull.

In an interview with the Miami Herald, Combs, who recently placed Bad Boy with the Warner Music Group, said the label will release latin Hip-Hop, as well as Latin soul and tropical music.

''It's one of the fastest growing styles in the world -- it can't be ignored,'' Combs said. 'The combination of what I do with hip-hop and [ Hispanics'] reflection of what's going on in their lives . . . means we can make a lot of hit records together.''

Pitbull, who will sign artists, handle the marketing and help run the label, said that Combs’ involvement can only help Latino artists.

''Whether people see it as him jumping on what's hot -- I see it as someone with vision who sees where music is going,'' Pitbull told the Miami Herald.

Combs has experimented with Latin Hip-Hop in the past, as he released remixed his hit song “P.E. 2000” featuring Hurricane G., that featured the mogul rapping in Spanish.

An accompanying video was shot as well, featuring Combs performing the record on a float during New York’s Puerto Rican Day Parade.

source-
[pic - click to view]

http://www.allhiphop.com/ .. pnews/?ID=4334

PITBULL IS ON BABD BOY RUNNING sh*t> I THOUGHT ID NEVER SEE THAT DAY> DAMMMMMMNN HOMIEEEEE REGGAETON TOOK OVVVEERRRRR AAAAAAHHHH

88 comments for "Apr 28 - BAD BOY LATINO"

04-28-2005, 10:39 AM         #2
i cant rap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont like pitbull or reggaeton :/
 04-28-2005, 10:41 AM         #3
ILL-NoisE (CHI) 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn thats raw as fu*k
Pitbull is one of my fav rappers
 11 years ago '04        #4
The Majestic 
space
space
$3,849 | Props total: 11 11
fu*k that Reggaeton sh*t This is About Hip Hop And Latinos Can Spit Fire Dont get it Twisted Reggaeton is More Like The Jayz 50 Cent of Hip Hop
 04-28-2005, 10:54 AM         #5
i cant rap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean i dont hate on music or rappers because its all perception...just not my bag of chips i guess
 11 years ago '05        #6
CURVYCHICK813 
space
space
$447 | Props total: 1 1
Wow That's Great For The Latino Community!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #7
daslimmthugga 
space
space
space
$441 | Props total: 0 0
Chingo Bling is Signed. Its Official. Yep.
 11 years ago '05        #8
dnut2005 
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 0 0
i like pitbull he can spit. reggaeton is the new crunk
 04-28-2005, 02:12 PM         #9
i cant rap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its funny a lot of ppl from miami which is wheres hes from really dont feel him, only the chicks
 04-28-2005, 02:15 PM         #10
babygrl2envi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love reggaeton but that n*gga Pitbull is the worsttt!! wtf.. sometimes he comes out wid some hot sh*t but overall, he is hurtin right now..he just needs to stop

lmao @ that 'toma' song he made... sh*t is fu*ken wackkkk

if anythin they should sign daddy yankee to that sh*t

Last edited by babygrl2envi; 04-28-2005 at 02:16 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #11
P8ty9Ruger 
space
space
$763 | Props total: 7 7
i fu*ks wit the reggaetone
 11 years ago '04        #12
SAUCYSLIMM 
space
space
$2,536 | Props total: 0 0
 The Majestic said:
fu*k that Reggaeton sh*t This is About Hip Hop And Latinos Can Spit Fire Dont get it Twisted Reggaeton is More Like The Jayz 50 Cent of Hip Hop
You're not making sense. Simon says; try again.
 11 years ago '05        #13
Trizz187 12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,236 | Props total: 17 17
word lol reggaeton with diddy in the backround talkin bout "take that take that"
 11 years ago '04        #14
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,839 | Props total: 18 18
P.Diddy, Pitbull form Latin label

One of hip-hop's most successful power brokers is venturing into new territory with a Latin record label.

BY JORDAN LEVIN

Hip-hop power broker Sean ''P.Diddy'' Combs is venturing into the Latin music world with Bad Boy Latino, a new label the famed producer has launched with Cuban-American Miami rapper Pitbull.

The new venture took off Wednesday night with a party at Miami's Bongos Cuban Cafe. It was a hip-hop shot across the bow of the Latin music world, in Miami in force for the Billboard Latin Music Conference and tonight's Billboard Latin Music Awards.

''It's gonna focus on Latin artists and the fusion of what I do marketingwise . . . to embrace the movement and take it to the next level,'' Combs said. The producer said his label, with offices in Miami and New York, will be about half Latin rap artists, as well as Latin soul and tropical music.

Combs' involvement gives new legitimacy to the burgeoning success of Latin hip-hop, says Pitbull, whose debut album M.I.A.M.I.: Money Is A Major Issue, has been certified gold.

''With Puffy involved, it helps our movement,'' said Pitbull, who will be involved in signing artists, marketing and running the new label.

The company hasn't yet signed any artists.

''Whether people see it as him jumping on what's hot -- I see it as someone with vision who sees where music is going,'' Pitbull said.

Pitbull spoke Wednesday after the East Meets West panel at the conference, which brought together some of Latin hip-hop's biggest stars at the downtown Hotel InterContinental.

They included reggaeton artist Daddy Yankee, whose latest album has sold 800,000 copies, and best-selling urban regional duo Akwid, who jump-started a California movement mixing rap and Mexican regional music. They spoke to a packed room, emphasizing the excitement over a hot-selling genre that has taken many in the Latin music establishment by surprise.

''It's one of the fastest growing styles in the world -- it can't be ignored,'' Combs said. 'The combination of what I do with hip-hop and [ Hispanics'] reflection of what's going on in their lives . . . means we can make a lot of hit records together.''

Combs said growing up with Hispanics in the Bronx and living in Miami, where he has had a part-time home for a year and a half, had given him insight into Latin music and culture.

He'll be appearing on the Billboard Latin Music Awards tonight. ''I was always embraced by the Latin community and have been embraced by them,'' he said. ``It's a little more than a business opportunity.''

Combs' involvement could give a major boost to Latino rap, which has yet to be fully accepted by the broader hip-hop world.

''Combs is here to take it to the next level,'' Pitbull said.
 11 years ago '04        #15
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,839 | Props total: 18 18
 babygrl2envi said:
I love reggaeton but that n*gga Pitbull is the worsttt!! wtf.. sometimes he comes out wid some hot sh*t but overall, he is hurtin right now..he just needs to stop

lmao @ that 'toma' song he made... sh*t is fu*ken wackkkk

if anythin they should sign daddy yankee to that sh*t
lol, u serious?????????????

pitbull >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daddy yankee, it aint even close

toma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything from daddy yankee

gasolina was only good cuz of pit
 04-28-2005, 05:26 PM         #16
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pitbull is the worst this n*gga is wack i cant believe people actually like this cat....
and that toma song lol ohh my god but whatever the best for him he needs it is like every weekend his car brakes down i see this n*gga whip on the side of the highway...
it never fails lol
 11 years ago '04        #17
Snipper 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,836 | Props total: 386 386
Pitbull Isnt even latino.

fu*k Bad boy Latino
LPG needs to blow up
and show the world what
Chicano Rap. is all about
 11 years ago '04        #18
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,714 | Props total: 391 391
I been hearing this talk about "Bad Boy Latino" for over 2 weeks, they forever talk about it in Power 96, morning show with DJ Laz.

Edit

What you mean snipper, he's cuban..

Last edited by Skilllz; 04-28-2005 at 06:07 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #19
Snipper 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,836 | Props total: 386 386
 Skilllz said:
What you mean snipper, he's cuban..
well Pitbull is only making Reggaeton music
I know in Cuba they bump that type of music,
but Latino = Mexican not cuban.

LPG label has people like
Silencer, Mr. sancho, Ms. Sancha, Lil Bandit, Payaso...(Mexicans)
who rap with good a.ss-beats, and lyrics.
 04-28-2005, 07:37 PM         #20
Zuhaltern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnut2005 said:
i like pitbull he can spit. reggaeton is the new crunk

um no
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
229 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
161 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Suicide Squad Just Notched Another Box Office Win Over Rival Marvel S..
42 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Blac Chyna leaks Rob Kardashian's number
66 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy