I've been using my iPhone X for nearly a month, and I've decided I hate it (Bus Insider)

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
107 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
243 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '04        #1
7081 pageviews
88 comments

Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
I've been using my iPhone X for nearly a month, and I've decided I hate it (Bus Insider)

The iPhone X is a beautiful, deeply flawed device.

I still remember the excitement I felt peeling back the protective plastic from my shiny new iPhone X. What a gorgeous piece of technology.

That feeling didn't last.

I'm now nearly a month into using the iPhone X, and I've slowly realized I unreservedly dislike the device. In fact, I hate using it.

I could rattle off a list of complaints, like how Face ID is inconsistent, the bright chrome on the metal casing is scratch-prone, and the price tag is astronomical.

There's a fatal flaw

But there's really only one flaw that matters to me: The phone is impossible for me to use with one hand.

Though the phone is only a bit bigger than the iPhone 6, iPhone 7, and iPhone 8, the bigger screen how dramatically changes how you interact with the device.

The new gestures required by the notch at the top of the phone mean there's no way to look at my notifications with only one hand or access the control center — and those are essential functions. It drastically limits the usability of the phone when I'm on the go or when I have only one hand free.

I've noticed myself changing my behavior to use the phone, holding it differently and constantly adjusting my grip by sliding my hand up the back of the device to reach the top of the screen with my thumb.

With my hand closer to the top of the device, I feel as though I'm going to drop it. That causes me to bring the phone down and horizontal, parallel to the floor and near my stomach, putting it in an awkward position and forcing me to crane my neck.

The top two rows of apps on the home screen are basically inaccessible without this sliding move, and it makes me paranoid I'm going to drop the $1,000 device.

I've also noticed a new habit of bringing in my left hand when I'm using the phone nearly all the time. It rests near the top left corner of the device, tapping back arrows or notifications as needed.

With my previous iPhone, the 6, I could use my pinky as a kind of shelf for the phone to sit on as I tapped away, texting, checking email, or changing songs on Spotify. The X's size doesn't let that happen.

I've enabled Reachability, Apple's solution for people with smaller hands using larger phones. It doesn't help much. You trigger the feature by swiping downward on the bottom edge of the screen — an awkward motion that makes me feel as if I'm losing grip on the device. It also adds another step to use anything near the top of the phone.

The fear of dropping the phone comes from the $549 bill to repair the cracked glass on the phone's back. I hate the idea of risking that just trying to see my notifications.

I envied people with the old iPhone

At first, I thought it was just an adjustment period — not unlike the feeling of melancholy one might have just after getting married. I experienced something similar with my previous phone.

Like the X's new shape, the iPhone 6 represented a dramatic departure in form from previous iPhones. When I upgraded to the 6 from my iPhone 4S, I had similar doubts about one-handed use, and it took me a few weeks to get used to it.

I ended up falling in love with the phone. That same thing did not happen with the X a month into using it.

I had a.ssumed that using the new phone would be identical to using my previous phone, but I didn't account for the drastic effect of the larger screen.

A weird thing happened: I would envy people I saw with older iPhones — how easy to use they looked, how flawless Touch ID was, how the size was more manageable. When a friend showed me her new iPhone 8, I felt legitimate pangs of jealousy.

Eventually, I realized the phone would never work for me

I realized, with an air of sadness, that I needed to get rid of the iPhone X. The screen is just too big to use with one hand. It's not comfortable, and I don't think it ever will be. And it isn't big enough to comfortably use two hands all the time.
I've never had an Apple product that refused to bend to my will with such stubbornness. I realized I didn't need to be on the cutting edge of technology with a phone with a gorgeous screen and facial recognition — I just need a phone that works for me.

A phone shouldn't be this difficult to use

A phone should adapt to a user, not the other way around. I have no doubt the phone would work perfectly for someone with larger hands.

If the iPhone X is the future of the smartphone, I'd rather be left behind. I'll be selling my iPhone X to invest in the tried-and-true form factor of the iPhone 8 instead.

visit this link http://www.businessinside .. review-2017-11
Y.G. and 10 others gave props

ZeeEhs and 25 others slapped this ish

88 comments for "I've been using my iPhone X for nearly a month, and I've decided I hate it (Bus Insider)"

3 weeks ago '16        #2
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,054 | Props total: 7003 7003
Reachability is still available on the X you jus have turn it on and then itll be easy to get the hard to reach spots
Javon23 and 8 others gave props

Y.G. and 18 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '17        #3
justin747 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,277 | Props total: 5248 5248
 KWizzle said:
Reachability is still available on the X you jus have turn it on and then itll be easy to get the hard to reach spots
He already tried it and didn't like it

I've enabled Reachability, Apple's solution for people with smaller hands using larger phones. It doesn't help much. You trigger the feature by swiping downward on the bottom edge of the screen — an awkward motion that makes me feel as if I'm losing grip on the device. It also adds another step to use anything near the top of the phone.

[pic - click to view]

Mickey Ganja and 14 others gave props

bnw99 slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '08        #4
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,458 | Props total: 2083 2083
I played w/it in the Verizon store. I honestly have no regrets going w/the iPhone 8+ .. I know a lot of people who feel the same way as the individual in this article
Javon23 and 15 others gave props

3 weeks ago '04        #5
NahLij 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,880 | Props total: 7066 7066
Small hands stay losing.
So many reviews said they hated the fingerprint placement on the Note 8. No struggles over here. Played with the iPhone X. No reach issues this way. If it didn't have that wack a.ss notch and kept a fingerprint scanner on the back so we can have the full screen life, it'd be on deck. But nah, Apple hates us.
Mickey Ganja and 13 others gave props

3 weeks ago '17        #6
My Back Hand 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 6983 6983
Someone shoulda told the guy he can double tap the home button, and the screen will adjust and come down.

You dont have to use it with 2 hands, or struggle to reach the top of the screen that way.

Seems like that would solve his small hand problems.

What a horrible read.
BigJay.inc and 4 others gave props

WDMC and 23 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '04        #7
BigJay.inc 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,829 | Props total: 20514 20514
Sounds like some “I no fu*king baby” lil dude having issues with reachability.

Sounds like he should pick up an iPhone 3g and be happy. Trumpito Baby hands. Smh. Lmao.

Last edited by BigJay.inc; 11-25-2017 at 01:23 PM..
facepalmLVL9000 and 14 others gave props

puddingpop and 1 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '16        #8
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,054 | Props total: 7003 7003
 justin747 said:
He already tried it and didn't like it

[pic - click to view]

breh every flagship has this problem then tho
Nothavingit and 4 others gave props

3 weeks ago '15        #9
AdRock 
space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 3230 3230
 My Back Hand said:
Someone shoulda told the guy he can double tap the home button, and the screen will adjust and come down.

You dont have to use it with 2 hands, or struggle to reach the top of the screen that way.

What a horrible read.
Ain’t no home button bro lol
WDMC and 25 others gave props

3 weeks ago '17        #10
KobeThompson 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,611 | Props total: 6698 6698
Trump hands
Doe Sun and 4 others gave props

3 weeks ago '17        #11
justin747 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,277 | Props total: 5248 5248
 KWizzle said:
breh every flagship has this problem then tho
If every phone has this problem then Apple is dumb for following the crowd instead of doing their own thing. They're the last one to innovate as usual so they should have been smarter and learn from other companies' mistakes. Apple should have made some kind of changes to iOS to make it easier to use with an small bezel phone, but Apple is the king of planned obsolescence so I'm sure they're saving iOS changes for the iPhone XS or whatever dumb name they come up with.

I mean it all depends on your hand size, but the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 8 don't have this problem as bad because they have a bezel at the bottom where you can rest your hand. It doesn't really feel too hard reaching around the S8 screen either because the phone is super narrow.
 3 weeks ago '17        #12
My Back Hand 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 6983 6983
 AdRock said:
Ain’t no home button bro lol

[video - click to view]

Home Bar, home button. Same sh*t.

Nice try.

Mxllz and 4 others gave props

messy marv stan and 14 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '12        #13
DannyStr8G 
space
space
$3,801 | Props total: 1658 1658
I have the 10 n its dope. Bishs love the 10. Its exclusive cuz the price tag is so high. I paid 1149 but its jus money aint no thang.

I compared the apple 10 to the note 8 n these r mu findings:

I played a 4k video from youtube on both phones and found the screen color and video is crispier on the samsung (i found out samsung makes apple 10s screens; this may be why samsung has the better screen cuz they saved the better screen for themselves). I sent a 4k video to my apple phone n found the video was much crispier and colorful than the youtube video. I dont think YouTube supports 4k video.

I compared the camera and apple takes better pictures

Apple has better privacy cuz all ur data is in one secure place

Apple screen glass bacc really makes the 10 look super dope

Facetime and imessage make the apple 10 more caomlatibpe with most users

Plus apple 10 an american company so i go american almost every time
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF and 5 others gave props

messy marv stan and 23 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '11        #14
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,764 | Props total: 4972 4972
Mad course he got Lil hands

Last edited by BtMkRs; 11-24-2017 at 05:55 PM..
Fortune and 2 others gave props

3 weeks ago '16        #15
Elijah123 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$108 | Props total: 240 240
 My Back Hand said:

What a horrible read.

There is no home button...
Y.G. and 1 others gave props

3 weeks ago '16        #16
Elijah123 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$108 | Props total: 240 240
 My Back Hand said:

Nice try.

Why is that light flashing on the phone? You mean to tell me that that thing scans and maps your reactions to things on the daily ??????
My Back Hand gave props

R0CAF3LLA_pimp slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '17        #17
Fortune 38 heat pts38
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 9286 9286
n*gga got them trump hands. dunno how you could have reach probs wit it
 3 weeks ago '15        #18
SanHova 
space
space
$338 | Props total: 134 134
I’ve had the x for a week and I love it. To be honest my favorite feature is Face ID it’s more consistent for me than Touch ID. The screen is gorgeous. Everybody that has an old iPhone is immediately jealous of my x. This dude is crazy I love this phone. I don’t miss the home button at all and the front camera is crazy.
bx to the tx and 1 others gave props

Stryder and 2 others slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '17        #19
Naga Sadow 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,607 | Props total: 5798 5798
My buddy at work sold his X and got an 8+. He hated the extra steps to do simple things like unlocking it. He's borderline OCD so the notch was a huge deal breaker and he just couldn't handle it. He got the 256 GB model so I know he got a grip for it when he sold it.
Stryder gave props

3 weeks ago '09        #20
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1146 1146
 My Back Hand said:

Nice try.

You swipe down on the bar, not double tap. It's hella awkward now...
Y.G. and 2 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
165 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy