Bryan Cranston recalls eerie 1968 run-in with Charles Manson

most viewed right now
+29  91
32 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '06        #1
2305 page views
25 comments

SM 40393 heat pts40393
space
space
space
$139,246 | Props total: 113717 113717
Bryan Cranston recalls eerie 1968 run-in with Charles Manson

Upon news of Charles Manson’s death, Bryan Cranston says he “shuddered” at the memory of his run-in with the murderous cult leader back in 1968.

The Emmy-winning actor, currently playing Howard Beale for a stage adaptation of Network in London, recounted his Manson story via Twitter on Monday. He was 12 years old when they crossed paths. “I was within his grasp just one year before he committed brutal murder in 1969,” Cranston explained. “Luck was with me when a cousin and I went horseback riding at the Span Ranch, and saw the little man with crazy eyes whom the other hippies called Charlie.”

Cranston has recounted the story in the past. While doing press for his movie The Infiltrator last year, the actor described the encounter in more detail to The Daily Beast.

“[My cousin and I] were dropped off to go horseback riding while my mom and uncle went off and did something else,” he said. “So we were checking out our horses at Spahn Ranch, which is very close to where I was raised. We noticed that the people around there were all strange in their own kind of interesting way. There was an old guy [Spahn] checking us in and some guy in his twenties came in yelling, ‘Charlie’s on the hill! Charlie’s on the hill!’ Everybody looked around and there was this frantic nervous energy going on, and they all jumped on horses and away they went. We asked the old guy what was going on, and he said, ‘Oh, it’s nothing. It’s happened before.’ We thought, well, Charlie must be someone important.”

Manson died on Sunday at age 83 of natural causes. The cult leader was found guilty in 1971 of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of seven people. He’d formed the Manson Family, a quasi-commune, in the late 1960s, and they k*lled a total of nine people in the summer of 1969.

Upon meeting him a year earlier, Cranston didn’t think much of him at the time, but picked up on an unsettling energy. “After we left the barn area where the horses were gathered, we see this trail of horses coming back,” he told the Daily Beast. “There were about eight or so people, and there was a man in the middle on a horse… and Charlie, I guessed, was this comatose, bearded, long-haired guy with big eyes riding as if he’s just stuck to the back of a horse. Totally zoned out. You couldn’t take your eyes off him. My cousin turned back to me and said, ‘Wow, that guy’s weird.’ When we passed him and their whole group, she turned around again and said, ‘That must be Charlie,’ and I said, ‘Yeah… and Charlie’s freaky!’ We didn’t think anything of it.”

visit this link http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/ .. harles-manson/

25 comments for "Bryan Cranston recalls eerie 1968 run-in with Charles Manson"

1 year ago '08        #2
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,379 | Props total: 7773 7773
That's wild. A young Heisenberg horseback riding the same trails as that murderous fu*k. Hollyweird.

1 year ago '15        #3
bourne1978 299 heat pts299
space
space
space
$6,370 | Props total: 6471 6471
That Aquarious t.v. series season 1 was great. It was even about Manson. Season 2 I heard was canceled. I dont think they could have topped season 1.

1 year ago '15        #4
space
space
space
 904Nole said
That's wild. A young Heisenberg horseback riding the same trails as that murderous fu*k. Hollyweird.
I was age 16, and had a run-in w/ some Detroit Metro Mafia members. They later made the papers as going to prison, which is how that was confirmed, plus as to why I got this vibe when I had to walk right between two of 'em talking (the underboss one, who I somehow stratled, and this other one), that them ppl were italian mobsters.

I had to catch a bus near by after I accidentally strartled that one guy w/ a dark ora to him, and next I know, it was this Italian looking Van Dam guy, who was on a near pay phone, that when he got off, and walked to have to pass me, he kicked this rolled news paper towards where I was but it went behind my postion some. I thought to myself, that these guys might be some kind of mafia ppl.

I never knew about Detroit Metro Mafia till they made the papers, and I saw it was them by the two I had to walk right threw, where I caused who did turn out to be the one labeled the underboss in the papers, to back up a lil, and make this startled sound. I still didn't see that Italian looking Van Dam one among all them pictures of 'em, placed in the local news paper, but I did see the two I had to walk between when they were talking.

I think the Walkman I had on maybe brought to me some unwanted attention, which might explain why it did seem I was being checked out. I understand, that maybe they thought I may be someone with a listening device. Never know.

Get this, the reason I ended up on that wrong side of Detroit was due to me getting off a bus on 8 Mile, where I didn't know the area, I think near the fair grounds, but had to walk southward to the next road (7 Mile), where it all occured. I had no idea that I shouldnt have stood at the bus stop nearest where I accidently startled that italian dude. I also lived on a street close to 7 Mile, but on the other side of town (west).

1 year ago '15        #5
space
space
space
Add:

I recall now. That other guy was labeled a capo near his mug shot put in the local news paper.

It is like wow! I walked through two italian mafia members (an underboss and a capo), plus was put on edge, due to that Van Damn looking italian one in a long trench coat. I also made the mistake of happening to look right into the car that that underboss one was then next in, that drove past where I stood waiting for the bus.

1 year ago '12        #6
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,663 | Props total: 48163 48163
Look up rick James and his stories about Manson lol

1 year ago '07        #7
JohnDoe 220 heat pts220
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 7637 7637
My family friend painted trucks with the Green River k*ller at Kenworth in Renton. Thought the guy was little eccentric but nothing crazy until he got caught.

1 year ago '05        #8
Woodwin 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,066 | Props total: 5569 5569
My homeboy who delivers mail, delivered to Dylan roof and his family for a whole year.

1 year ago '15        #9
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19279 19279
 OldBusiness said
Was about to leave that in here. Props.

1 year ago '17        #10
tu calmas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$4,467 | Props total: 15056 15056
 bourne1978 said
I was age 16, and had a run-in w/ some Detroit Metro Mafia members. They later made the papers as going to prison, which is how that was confirmed, plus as to why I got this vibe when I had to walk right between two of 'em talking (the underboss one, who I somehow stratled, and this other one), that them ppl were italian mobsters.

I had to catch a bus near by after I accidentally strartled that one guy w/ a dark ora to him, and next I know, it was this Italian looking Van Dam guy, who was on a near pay phone, that when he got off, and walked to have to pass me, he kicked this rolled news paper towards where I was but it went behind my postion some. I thought to myself, that these guys might be some kind of mafia ppl.

I never knew about Detroit Metro Mafia till they made the papers, and I saw it was them by the two I had to walk right threw, where I caused who did turn out to be the one labeled the underboss in the papers, to back up a lil, and make this startled sound. I still didn't see that Italian looking Van Dam one among all them pictures of 'em, placed in the local news paper, but I did see the two I had to walk between when they were talking.

I think the Walkman I had on maybe brought to me some unwanted attention, which might explain why it did seem I was being checked out. I understand, that maybe they thought I may be someone with a listening device. Never know.

Get this, the reason I ended up on that wrong side of Detroit was due to me getting off a bus on 8 Mile, where I didn't know the area, I think near the fair grounds, but had to walk southward to the next road (7 Mile), where it all occured. I had no idea that I shouldnt have stood at the bus stop nearest where I accidently startled that italian dude. I also lived on a street close to 7 Mile, but on the other side of town (west).
@ how did i know he would be in this thread

1 year ago '17        #11
R Shackleford 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 5259 5259
I feel like I saw an interview with Bryan Cranston, where he tells a story and it's clear he's absolutely full of sh*t and he acknowledges that he embellished for the purpose of telling a good story.

It's the first thing that popped up in my mind but I can't remember who he was talking to. Maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about...or maybe I'm confused.

1 year ago '09        #12
messy marv stan 5200 heat pts5200
space
space
$70,470 | Props total: 114623 114623
 tu calmas said
@ how did i know he would be in this thread

the bx legend got slapped for that post

he smoked 2 300mg thc cartridges of bubba kush made from shatter oil before his story got typed out

1 year ago '16        #13
JMoney42 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 121 121
 Robespierre said
Was about to leave that in here. Props.
I'm looking everywhere for these stories can't find them

1 year ago '15        #14
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19279 19279
 JMoney42 said
Guess you won't find them then.

1 year ago '12        #15
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,663 | Props total: 48163 48163
 JMoney42 said

Number 5 lol. See if you can find Ricks memoirs, they’re fu*king amazing lol

But long story short his manager wanted him to bring blow to the party. Rick was hung over and sick from partying the night before, did some downers and passed out. Woke up to his manager being one of the people Manson k*lled...his hangover and doing more drugs caused him to sleep rather than go get murdered with the others

If you can find the interview on YouTube where he’s animated and telling the story you’ll literally die

1 year ago '17        #16
tu calmas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$4,467 | Props total: 15056 15056
 messy marv stan said
the bx legend got slapped for that post

he smoked 2 300mg thc cartridges of bubba kush made from shatter oil before his story got typed out
He's starting to take over other sections now

1 year ago '05        #17
jbooda03 86 heat pts86
space
space
$447 | Props total: 1828 1828
 SM said

“[My cousin and I] were dropped off to go horseback riding while my mom and uncle went off and did something else,” he said. “
His mom and uncle were fu*king on the low....

1 year ago '16        #18
smokeytheblunt2 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,793 | Props total: 20771 20771
 OldBusiness said
oh no...............

1 year ago '04        #19
all3rd 1112 heat pts1112
space
space
$93,866 | Props total: 27757 27757
Everyone always acts like Charles Mason actually murdered someone.

1 year ago '16        #20
Knucklez 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,025 | Props total: 21889 21889
bryan seems to have a lot of stories. Im startin to think he on some jamie foxx sh*t

1 year ago '10        #21
Bandito 173 heat pts173
space
space
space
$7,671 | Props total: 16929 16929
 all3rd said
Everyone always acts like Charles Mason actually murdered someone.
Hitler wasn't at the concentration camps.

1 year ago '04        #22
all3rd 1112 heat pts1112
space
space
$93,866 | Props total: 27757 27757
 Bandito said
Hitler wasn't at the concentration camps.
Ehh that might be debatable.

1 year ago '12        #23
gizzle 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,466 | Props total: 1200 1200
 jbooda03 said
His mom and uncle were fu*king on the low....
Bruh I love that u read all that and had the radiation detector on to pick that up props

1 year ago '05        #24
jbooda03 86 heat pts86
space
space
$447 | Props total: 1828 1828
 gizzle said
Bruh I love that u read all that and had the radiation detector on to pick that up props
The worse part is that he probably knew and stated it that way out of frustration!

1 year ago '06        #25
One Less Reason 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 2221 2221
I'm nowhere close to being old enough to be around at that time, but Manson's mother and biological father are from the same area I live in and have grown up in. Granted he was real young, it's still creepy just to think about what he'd become and that he lived in the area.

At one point, a local newspaper wanted to run stories on family members (mainly on his father's side), and those people told them to fvck off and not run the stories.

Home      

most viewed right now
+46online now  23
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
63 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+41online now  22
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
141 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+37online now  19
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
203 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
NBA Lonzo Ball, younger brothers 'appear to be estranged' from LaVar