Image(s) inside FUC-A-FAN Raffle
116 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
183 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashanti Trying To Break The Internet, She's 37!
87 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TEKASHI69 saves Magnolia producer Pierre from an ass whooping or worse
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '13        #1
2027 pageviews
24 comments

misterethoughts 240 heat pts240
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 4178 4178
T-Mobile's Latest Announcement Is Bad News for Sprint

Last week, T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS) announced that it had added an additional 430 markets to its LTE Advanced network. The new LTE Advanced signals allow phones equipped with Qualcomm's Snapdragon Gigabit LTE modems to receive blazing fast wireless speed -- a live demonstration showed download speeds of 611 Mbps. For context, the average mobile download speed in the U.S. is just under 23 Mbps.

The news expands T-Mobile's LTE Advanced footprint to more than 920 markets, more than any other U.S. wireless carrier. But the announcement especially stings for Sprint (NYSE:S), which was recently in talks to merge with T-Mobile before the deal fell through.

The lack of a deal between the two carriers has left Sprint responsible to once again focus on improving its network and try to become a stronger rival to T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon.

T-Mobile surpassed Sprint two years ago to become the nation's third-largest wireless carrier by customers and has since built out one of the strongest and fastest wireless networks available.

The problem for Sprint is that even before T-Mobile's latest network upgrade, it was already an uphill battle for Sprint to take on T-Mobile -- and now it's nearly an impossible feat.

A tale of two networks
T-Mobile said in its press release that its LTE Advanced network can double the carrier's previous download speeds in some markets, which is not just an impressive move but a huge blow to Sprint's recent announcement.

At the beginning of October, the nation's fourth-largest carrier said it was the "most improved" network this year, according to Ookla Speedtest data, and that its download speeds have improved by 33% since last year.

Here are just a few examples of Sprint's network improvements:

Washington, D.C.: up 45% to 20 Mbps
Atlanta: up 86% to 32 Mbps
LA Metro: up 55% to 23 Mbps
Colorado: up 44% to 25 Mbps
Those are big percentage improvements, but they pale in comparison to T-Mobile's demonstration of 600-plus Mbps downloads.

Of course, T-Mobile isn't getting those speeds in all of its markets, but the point is, Sprint is far behind T-Mobile's LTE speeds, and just as it's starting to make progress, T-Mobile made another move that once again leaves Sprint in the dust.

Why this matters
Sprint has made progress, sure, but it's not nearly enough. Morningstar analyst llan Nichols recently wrote, "Sprint's network quality gap is narrowing, but it still ranks last on an absolute basis." And he added that the company currently doesn't have any kind of economic moat.

In the past, Sprint has hemorrhaged customers because of its poor network quality and subpar speeds. Those losses have subsided recently, and the company just had its ninth consecutive quarter of net additions.

But those customer additions have come a little too late. Sprint's stock is down nearly 13% over the past year, and the possibility that the company can become a serious contender in the wireless space again is still unknown.

Until Sprint can prove that it can keep up with T-Mobile's innovations, I think it's best for investors to stay away from the carrier's stock. Sprint's fate is still very volatile, and with much uncertainty surrounding the company, it's probably best to just leave Sprint alone for now.

visit this link https://www.fool.com/inve .. -for-spri.aspx
KREW and 7 others gave props

messy marv stan slapped this ish

24 comments for "T-Mobile's Latest Announcement Is Bad News for Sprint"

1 week ago '16        #2
Jody 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,003 | Props total: 2433 2433
sprint is fu*king trash

and for broke people
Flatbush85 and 5 others gave props

HulkColegan and 4 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '14        #3
deadpoolsnow 100 heat pts100
space
space
$2,125 | Props total: 8106 8106
damn , might have to pay tmoble all the money i owe them
misterethoughts and 8 others gave props

AlBooBoo slapped this ish

1 week ago '16        #4
Drlove 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$1,306 | Props total: 1535 1535
Suprised Sprint #1 Retarded Stan hasn’t come in here slapping because p!ss poor yellow Sprint ain’t sh*t
HulkColegan and 3 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '08        #5
HulkColegan 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$409 | Props total: 461 461
Slapped all the comments and I’ve been on AT&T since 2009.
ZiplockP and 9 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #6
Jayceon 486 heat pts486
space
space
$27,442 | Props total: 614 614
Wish they would use the MBs people think they're describing when they say Mbps. They'd probably get less calls about people thinking their sh*t is slow too
AlBooBoo and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '12        #7
AlBooBoo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$34,051 | Props total: 31689 31689
 Drlove said:
Suprised Sprint #1 Retarded Stan hasnít come in here slapping because p!ss poor yellow Sprint ainít sh*t
Iím sprints #2 Stan

And I slapped everyone in here
dUb IV and 2 others gave props

Boogersugar and 4 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '06        #8
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,152 | Props total: 214 214
Been on sprint since nextel
hulk161 and 5 others gave props

Boogersugar and 2 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #9
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 1712 1712
T-Mobile >

Iceberg010 and 2 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #10
hulk161 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 446 446
Been on Sprint for a while and don't give a sh*t what people say. It's cheap, internet ain't bad and I can make a call..

Simple as fu*k
swag-mchustle and 10 others gave props

1 week ago '16        #11
Drlove 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$1,306 | Props total: 1535 1535
 AlBooBoo said:
Iím sprints #2 Stan

And I slapped everyone in here
Naw you the # 2 Stan but this dude is the # 1 RETARDED Sprint Stan I have ever seen key word RETARDED
AlBooBoo gave props

1 week ago '06        #12
Yung Dilla 1476 heat pts1476
space
space
$54,698 | Props total: 24940 24940
Sprint ain't as bad as it's made out to be but it could be better it just seems like management of sprint is cursed. I wish son would've k!lled the sprint name like he planned too when he first bought the company.

The name sprint automatically a.ssociates with trash even tho they're not. They've come a very long way but people will automatically be turned off by sprint the name. SoftBank us with the gray symbol they had chosen would've been a nice new start.
D.A.R.S. gave props

1 week ago '04        #13
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,743 | Props total: 768 768
 Yung Dilla said:
Sprint ain't as bad as it's made out to be but it could be better it just seems like management of sprint is cursed. I wish son would've k!lled the sprint name like he planned too when he first bought the company.

The name sprint automatically a.ssociates with trash even tho they're not. They've come a very long way but people will automatically be turned off by sprint the name. SoftBank us with the gray symbol they had chosen would've been a nice new start.
They have grown tremendously but they are still a distant 4th in coverage and overall network quality.
Yung Dilla gave props

1 week ago '06        #14
Yung Dilla 1476 heat pts1476
space
space
$54,698 | Props total: 24940 24940
 D.A.R.S. said:
They have grown tremendously but they are still a distant 4th in coverage and overall network quality.
I agree my primary like is t mobile I still have my sprint line too. T mobile consistently better. I still recognize the growth with sprint too tho.
D.A.R.S. gave props

1 week ago '05        #15
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,289 | Props total: 7884 7884
Sprint cant send pics and recieve them while on a call?
DunkinMyNutz and 1 others gave props

hurrikane5 and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '17        #16
Naga Sadow 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 4473 4473
That's because Sprint uses that old, crappy, antiquated CDMA technology. They'd have to do a complete network overhaul to advance in the game. Once of the reasons why Samsung phones in the US don't get the superior Exynos SoC's.
RatedQue and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #17
Javon23 263 heat pts263
space
space
$46,052 | Props total: 8021 8021
Thats a very bias article
In reality the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone X is not even compatible with the new network.
 1 week ago '04        #18
Javon23 263 heat pts263
space
space
 TattooedMPsz said:
Sprint cant send pics and recieve them while on a call?
Sprint just pushed out an update this week activating this feature.
I used it last night in regards to now now being able to use the web while on a call.
TattooedMPsz and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #19
Javon23 263 heat pts263
space
space
These days I tell people choosing a cell phone carrier should be based on your personal use.
Sprint works for me especially based on what I pay because
I live in a region where wifi is readily available
I pay for unlimited wifi in my car (OnStar - At&t)
I have an Xfinity Wifi log in so where Sprint service is shaky my phone jumps on Xfinity wfi thats readily available in the DC/Maryland Region
If you are all about getting your money's worth Sprint Can Definitely Work
Dro24 gave props

1 week ago '04        #20
deziking 75 heat pts75
space
space
$19,436 | Props total: 4818 4818
Ive been thinking of moving my parents line over they got age 55+ 2 lines for $60 and that sh*t sounds a steal to me. But only thing is you gotta go in stores for everything? You can't do it online or over the phone per tmobile.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Thottie section gone galactic
53 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Mitchell & Ness Private Sale - 40% Off
7 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Judge Mathis Completely Destroys Wendy Williams "8 abortions and she ha..
62 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside CyHi dropped the AOTY but yall wanna talk about 3 Stacks homosexual of..
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I got a hair tattoo and i regret it!
117 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Michael Rapaport says Nas Isn't the Worst Beat Picker, Eminem Is
122 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lauren London's Dm's Bout To Be Flooded
192 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 22 - BIG BALLER BRAND: LaVar Ball increases stock by $13.2mil by b..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy