‘The Punisher’ Early Reviews: Critics Are Split On Whether Best Or Worst Marvel Show

most viewed right now
Video inside Cam'Ron Got The Mase Response Diss Track Ready HeatMakerz!
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might be the GOAT Butterface p0rn bi-ch
93 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Gamestop offered him $8.62 for 17 games 2 controllers and a Ps4 Pro
56 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cam responds
241 comments
@hiphop

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '06        #1
5183 pageviews
129 comments

SM 37983 heat pts37983
space
space
$126,878 | Props total: 62876 62876
‘The Punisher’ Early Reviews: Critics Are Split On Whether Best Or Worst Marvel Show

The first wave of reviews for The Punisher have been released this morning and they shed some light on whether or not Frank Castle's solo series delivers or simply fails to live up to expectations...

Marvel TV has been having a tough time of it lately. Iron Fist was its first critical disappointment while The Defenders also failed to live up to expectations. The Inhumans, meanwhile, was a total flop and so it's now up to The Punisher to redeem the company somewhat. So, does it succeed? Honestly, it's hard to say because some critics appear to love it while others didn't like it at all! There's no middle ground.

There are some reviews which are mixed but most appear to be on one end of the scale or another and that could point to the show being pretty divisive among fans. Then again, those who hated it seem to be making comparisons to what's been happening in the world lately and that seems a silly way to judge a TV show which isn't based in reality and is obviously adapted from a popular comic book.

Will The Punisher deliver? We'll find out on Friday but feel free to share your thoughts down below.

The Punisher is riveting, politically adventurous entertainment, willing to get mired in the complexity of a nation that has come to define itself through the incalculable damage and untold amounts of k!llings done in the name of peace. When the need to set-up, reiterate, or preempt the plot becomes its more prominent concern, however, it’s emblematic of everything wrong with comic-book adaptations, on TV or elsewhere.

SOURCE: Collider
Netflix released all 13 episodes to critics, and despite strong performances from Bernthal, Walcott and Moss-Bachrach (Micro), it was a slog to reach the end. I found myself thinking back to Person of Interest, which did a better job with similar material. Its main characters were an ex-CIA vigilante and his hacker partner, battling shadowy enemies in the military-industrial complex. Even in the framework of a formulaic CBS crime show, it was more satisfying than Marvel’s attempt at serious long-form drama.

SOURCE: The Daily Dot
The Punisher is the show Marvel Television needed. It’s the show that proves there might just be hope yet for the studio’s small screen ambitions. And yes, if we’re judging purely on the act of transforming into a character, Bernthal absolutely deserves an Emmy nomination for this one. His performance has been far elevated from the days of Daredevil.

SOURCE: Forbes
For a show which seemed, given the timing of its launch, to be so controversial, its most controversial element is its lack of controversy. Frank Castle does some bad things, but nothing as bad as what happens in America on a regular basis. As a narrative about veterans trying to find their place in the world, “The Punisher” has something to say. But it could have been so much shorter, and its placement in the Marvel universe feels tangential at best.

SOURCE: Indie Wire
The Punisher’s first episode is sleepy and repetitive; nothing in it is anything we didn’t see in the second season of Daredevil. Along those same lines, The fifth and sixth episodes already drag more than the others, an indication of the usual mid-season Netflix slump. But at least Punisher’s repetitive beginning is part of the first narratively necessary step in the show’s plot: moving the goalpost on Frank’s revenge.

SOURCE: Polygon
It’s a conundrum: The Punisher is most effective when its title character is indiscriminately slaughtering his foes, but that’s also when it most consistently evokes the kinds of real-life horrors that pushed the premiere back once, and could have kept pushing it back indefinitely. There may hopefully be a time when Frank’s actions don’t instantly recall horrors from our world, but that version of his story will still need to be told much more compellingly than this.

SOURCE: Uproxx
I almost want to declare the existence of this “Punisher” show a miracle. I don’t know, really, what I was expecting from it, because from the moment it was announced it didn’t really feel like it fit with the other Marvel shows on Netflix. And aside from a few appearances by Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll) and a couple cameos by very minor characters from other shows, it really does just go its own way. And thank the Lord for that, because I like watching legitimately good TV shows. And “The Punisher,” somehow, is legitimately good.

SOURCE: The Wrap
In all, “The Punisher” is not just satisfying but surprising — an interpretation of Netflix and Marvel’s tried-and-true partnership that offers more depth and challenges to the audience than even the gritty world of “Marvel’s Jessica Jones.” Free from superpowers and superheroes, the Marvel universe is more forgiving — and more interesting. Of course, the slightly cartoony Marvel Cinematic Universe is still a world where people named Carson Wolf show up and act as if they are not obviously villains. But “The Punisher’s” place in it is a welcome morass of thorny questions and unresolvable answers. At least in this part of the television landscape, there is room for another antihero.

SOURCE: Variety
Marvel’s The Punisher did an excellent job reintroducing us to an iconic character, with the help of a brilliant performance from Jon Bernthal. While some of the supporting cast members are less memorable, there is still plenty of time for more character development down the road.

SOURCE: IGN
At the end of the day, for hardcore fans of the character, The Punisher is bound to offer a better experience than the three failed big screen adaptations. But those looking for more escapism in their superhero storytelling might be better off revisiting the other equally dark but less dour Marvel/Netflix shows.

SOURCE: We Got This Covered

Frank begins the 13-episode run alone and a.ssuming a new identity; but it’s when he starts to open up that the man behind the scope begins to emerge. The show may not be to everyone’s tastes – fans may expect something more visceral, despite the fair amount of gore - I just sincerely hope people are patient with it and let the show develop, despite its odd missteps. It’s left me wanting more of The Punisher before even any of The Defenders return – and I’m eager to see what Frank does next.

SOURCE: Total Film
visit this link https://www.comicbookmovi .. series-a155259
hot topic gave props

seoulether and 5 others slapped this ish

129 comments for "‘The Punisher’ Early Reviews: Critics Are Split On Whether Best Or Worst Marvel Show"

2 weeks ago '06        #2
Michael 1987 716 heat pts716
space
space
space
$80,872 | Props total: 11361 11361
Another Marvel TV
calle13 and 4 others gave props

santana2009 and 24 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '12        #3
Thworldisyours 40 heat pts40
space
space
$6,601 | Props total: 12477 12477
Weird title... None of these reviews say it's the worst and they're mostly positive.

Not even reading Collider because they're obvious shills...

My main concern with this season is having too many flashbacks to Frank's backstory and family dying. It's not necessary at this point.

I know they're going to do it but I hope they dont spend too much time with that.

Either way, this probably won't be as good as Daredevil Season 2.
The Dudeness and 8 others gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #4
Cedwards198451 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 2751 2751
Who cares what these f*ggots have to say
dgamer101 and 32 others gave props

2 weeks ago '10        #5
KillaJ008 4 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 431 431
I definitely think its gonna be action packed. Im stil looking forward to it. Jessica jones was boring as sh*t and i couldn't eveb finish it. If its better than that, ill be satisfied
ceo-of-hucworld and 9 others gave props

Qoner and 1 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '04        #6
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,738 | Props total: 110 110
Cant fu*king wait to watch this
luv4music and 1 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #7
1Oh 1 heat pts
space
space
$675 | Props total: 3295 3295
Sounds like some of my worst fears about this series came true: not enough action, boring military drama talk.

Still watching tho
j_k1dd gave props

Pretty Tone slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '09        #8
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,464 | Props total: 7107 7107
Damn what happened to marvel Netflix shows? I still can’t bring myself to watch the defenders because Luke cage and iron fist were so bad.
CarloGambino and 7 others gave props

504 and 17 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '06        #9
SM 37983 heat pts37983 OP
space
space
$126,878 | Props total: 62876 62876
 Michael 1987 said:
Another Marvel TV
CALViiiN gave props

Africanhustler4 and 1 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '13        #10
Thongsong19 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,936 | Props total: 4556 4556
First weekend watch

Ifeellikekobe and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '07        #11
TRAP07 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 2157 2157
fu*k reviews. Frank is here to pull up on these fu*k n*ggas period
NBA Brawler and 11 others gave props

2 weeks ago '05        #12
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,734 | Props total: 3221 3221
I'm looking forward to it but to be honest in doubting Netflix ability these days.
 2 weeks ago '13        #13
Phenom354 
space
space
$9,304 | Props total: 5678 5678
If people can't separate tv shows from real life then that's their problem.
Fortune and 10 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #14
Ifeellikekobe 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,767 | Props total: 11696 11696
 Thongsong19 said:
First weekend watch

Reviews are useless
Thongsong19 gave props

Vespertine slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '08        #15
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,665 | Props total: 12261 12261
gonna be great unlike that defenders trash
 2 weeks ago '04        #16
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 4777 4777
I'm sure it will be dope but if there's a chance this ain't that good, they gotta get a new head of TV
thegoldenhero gave props

2 weeks ago '05        #17
ceo-of-hucworld 21 heat pts21
space
space
$7,963 | Props total: 9218 9218
It needs the action of Luke Cage and needs to be not as boring as Iron Fist
The Dudeness and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '14        #18
504 653 heat pts653
space
space
$7,876 | Props total: 27297 27297
 WasabiTuna said:
Damn what happened to marvel Netflix shows? I still can’t bring myself to watch the defenders because Luke cage and iron fist were so bad.
Luke Cage was good and Iron Fist was better in the defenders than his own show.
The Dudeness and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '11        #19
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,238 | Props total: 8252 8252
How about I review it myself and stop posting this could-be-paid-for-by-Hulu bullsh*t, ok?
Young Perm and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '04        #20
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,715 | Props total: 1515 1515
 WasabiTuna said:
I'll admit though i did enjoy parts of it iron fist was a chore to go finish but yeah you buggin on Luke Cage sh*t was good as fu*k from the story to the villians

Defender is good too and they fix the iron character so he should be good to go for season 2
tnice and 6 others gave props

patt24 slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Have Found The Marshmallow For My Sweet Potato Pie
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Australian but lives in L.A.
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris Tucker:Ice Cube Mad Cause I Ain’t Wanna Do Friday 2, U Ain't Pay ..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rashida Jones Denies ‘Toy Story 4’ Exit Over “Unwanted Advance” From ..
32 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
334 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Of all the niggas in cinema who should’ve never died at the end of a movie/wan..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy