BMW recalling 1.4 million vehicles for risk of fires

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OG Aunt Viv Blames Will Smith For Son's Suicide Attempt, Says, Carlton..
161 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The History Of Drake And Jay Z's Relationship: What Went Wrong?
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Stephen Mackin A Smith
106 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Greatest of all time characters to date, are?
33 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 months ago '04        #1
1374 pageviews
11 comments

deziking 101 heat pts101
space
space
$21,178 | Props total: 8227 8227
BMW recalling 1.4 million vehicles for risk of fires

I know some of you own these thought I'd share it.

The company has filed two recalls with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They affect versions of the 3-series, 5-series, X5, X3 and Z3.
The first recall, which spans more than 740,000 vehicles, covers a part of the engine that can short circuit and melt. This increases the chances of a fire, even when the vehicle isn't in use.

The second recall, which is for roughly 673,000 vehicles, deals with faulty wiring for the heating and air conditioning system. There's a chance it can overheat, causing the electrical connectors to melt and increasing the risk of fire, even when the vehicle is unattended.
BMW received four incident reports related to this issue, with three reports of injuries.

visit this link http://money.cnn.com/2017 .. ies1213PMStory
hot topic and 2 others gave props

11 comments for "BMW recalling 1.4 million vehicles for risk of fires"

7 months ago '07        #2
JohnDoe 217 heat pts217
space
space
$12,584 | Props total: 6423 6423
This happened in my Silverado with my blower motor resistor. Had the heat on blast in December and all of a sudden the whole fu*king cab was filled with black smoggy smoke. Found out I ignored a recall notice for the guy and had to jump through hoops to get Chevy to fix it for free.
CALViiiN and 1 others gave props

7 months ago '11        #3
CALViiiN 670 heat pts670
space
space
$18,831 | Props total: 36745 36745

They said they’ll start replacing parts next month.
 7 months ago '13        #4
3nl1ght3ned 10 heat pts10
space
space
$13,014 | Props total: 5371 5371
That's that German engineering

hitalik and 3 others gave props

1neDeep and 1 others slapped this ish

7 months ago '04        #5
SubConscious 48 heat pts48
space
space
$18,231 | Props total: 79465 79465
Bayern Motor Werks
 7 months ago '05        #6
white-chocolate 125 heat pts125
space
space
$15,633 | Props total: 1466 1466
glad i got rid of my 2 in a sense..

drive a '17 Acura TLX AWD, not very impressed with the software tho, tranny lag is terrible
 7 months ago '12        #7
fcm415 
space
space
$5,669 | Props total: 3326 3326
 white-chocolate said:
glad i got rid of my 2 in a sense..

drive a '17 Acura TLX AWD, not very impressed with the software tho, tranny lag is terrible
Man, Hondas with their higher end engines still dont get matched with a tranny that can handle it? This has been their problem for decades. Ridiculous. At least now they seem to be more “bulletproof” from straight failing but still inadequate huh. Thats like the only criticism I have of Honda/Acura.
 7 months ago '05        #8
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,087 | Props total: 2989 2989
 fcm415 said:
Man, Hondas with their higher end engines still dont get matched with a tranny that can handle it? This has been their problem for decades. Ridiculous. At least now they seem to be more “bulletproof” from straight failing but still inadequate huh. Thats like the only criticism I have of Honda/Acura.
Yea. Its thst bullsh*t dct trans they got now. The tlx has that 8 speed dual clutch trans thsts straight trash, not refined at all.
 7 months ago '05        #9
space
space
 fcm415 said:
word is the tranny is the same tranny they use in the Hemi Dodge Rams which i own and i can say my Dodge Ram tranny is smooth AF so i wonder if it's just the software coding is so locked down..
everyone ends up buying the sprint throttle boosters to bypass the issue and say with it installed it rooms as normal..
this tranny should have absolutely no probably running with this engine, even modded nicely
 7 months ago '12        #10
fcm415 
space
space
$5,669 | Props total: 3326 3326
 white-chocolate said:
word is the tranny is the same tranny they use in the Hemi Dodge Rams which i own and i can say my Dodge Ram tranny is smooth AF so i wonder if it's just the software coding is so locked down..
everyone ends up buying the sprint throttle boosters to bypass the issue and say with it installed it rooms as normal..
this tranny should have absolutely no probably running with this engine, even modded nicely
Don’t Dodge have a rep for tranny problems too? sheesh

If its all good now then thats good to know.
 7 months ago '05        #11
space
space
 fcm415 said:
Don’t Dodge have a rep for tranny problems too? sheesh

If its all good now then thats good to know.
mines an 2014 Ram Sport, haven't had any tranny problems with it so i'm not sure about older or other models tho
 7 months ago '17        #12
arms 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$818 | Props total: 3573 3573
This has been going on for a while. Saw this on 20/20 or some sh*t months ago. Burning peoples houses down and all. From what I remember it has something to do with the autostart/stop malfunctioning, so the car is never really off.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ok my dude. You & your wife are breaded & just dropped a album. But wu..
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside French Montana post pick with a Tr@nny in booty shorts
66 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meanwhile In Grand Rapids: Chick Loses Her F*cking Mind And Wreaks Havo..
75 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Skip Bayless Rips Kawhi.. "Good riddance"
65 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside [New] Percy Keith - Dementia (Response to Kevin Gates) Dreka smashed th..
185 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
That gotta be jelly coz curry don't shake like that!
49 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
perfect night at the club status
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Amount Of Thickness Insane...
49 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy