Josh Brolin Says Deadpool 2’s Action Is A ‘Different Deal

most viewed right now
+46  34
94 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '06        #1
1043 page views
46 comments

Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198
space
space
$41,244 | Props total: 31764 31764
Josh Brolin Says Deadpool 2’s Action Is A ‘Different Deal

Deadpool 2’s action scenes are a “different deal”, declares Cable actor Josh Brolin. Special effects wizard Tim Miller shot the first Deadpool movie, but he chose to move on to Terminator 6 instead of sticking with the Ryan Reynolds-fronted comic book movie franchise. This opened the door for John Wick co-director David Leitch to step in and take the director’s chair.

Fans have been watching the film’s development closely, with set snaps of Brolin’s time-traveling Cable and Zazie Beetz’s luck-manipulating Domino rushing around the web on the regular. Everyone wants to know how Leitch’s film will differ from Miller’s, and these two new major players are bound to help it feel fresh. The rumored introductions of the Mutant Response Division and a gray X-Force Deadpool costume could well a*sist with that, too.
Related: Josh Brolin Excited For Cable’s Longterm Future

And now comes the news that Leitch is bringing his action-oriented skill set to bear in this amusing antihero sequel, in a big way. Leitch has a stellar track record, covering Atomic Blonde and John Wick as a director, plus stunt work on 300, f*ght Club and V For Vendetta.

In a new interview, Collider asked Brolin what Leitch is bringing, action-wise, to Deadpool 2. Brolin regaled an interesting anecdote in response, before praising his director:

“I had heard somewhere along the line, and I think it’s okay for me to say this, but I heard somewhere along the line that they felt the first Deadpool didn’t have enough action. […] With this movie, it’s just a different deal. He embraces what he’s very good at, which I think is very smart. There’s ton of action in it. The tease is, a guy who’s 49 years old on the cusp of 50 who got in the best shape of his life, especially exteriorly, and I was extremely disciplined throughout that whole thing. I got beat to sh*t on that movie. That’s all I know. I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place.”

Deadpool 2 Josh Brolin Cable Josh Brolin Says Deadpool 2s Action Is A Different Deal

It is interesting to hear that someone at Fox wasn’t sure the first film had enough action. “I don’t know who said that or why they said that or even if I felt that”, Brolin made sure to note. But, regardless of who it was that felt that way, it sounds like Leitch took their ideas on board. Of course, this is exciting news for fans of Leitch’s prior work. As they would have hoped, the director used his unique skill set to train up stuntmen, throw people around, and beat Josh Brolin “to s***”.

However, you could argue that this franchise isn’t one that needs epic, drawn-out action sequences. Miller’s Deadpool only a had a few f*ght scenes (including the memorable bridge showdown, which is spliced across the movie), and audiences loved it. Here’s hoping that Leitch can find the right balance between humor and high-octane action. Fans won’t want Deadpool’s unique comedic charm to be diluted into nonexistence by non-stop sparring scenes.

visit this link https://screenrant.com/de .. brolin-action/

46 comments for "Josh Brolin Says Deadpool 2’s Action Is A ‘Different Deal"

1 year ago '06        #2
Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198 OP
space
space

1 year ago '06        #3
space
space

1 year ago '15        #4
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
$39,491 | Props total: 171924 171924

[pic - click to view]

“I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place,” actor says

We’re still seven months away from “Deadpool 2” hitting theaters, but Josh Brolin, who plays the villain Cable in the sequel, reveals that he got “beat to s—” while filming the eagerly awaited sequel.

“There’s ton of action in it. The tease is, a guy who’s 49 years old on the cusp of 50 who got in the best shape of his life, especially exteriorly, and I was extremely disciplined throughout that whole thing,” Brolin told Collider.

“I got beat to s— on that movie,” he said. “That’s all I know. I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place. I’ve got a shoulder issue, I’ve got a knee issue that I’ve got to deal with now, but we got through it. We got through it. I pushed hard and I suffered because of it.”

The actor, who currently stars in “Only the Brave,” added that “Deadpool 2” will signify the “beginning of Cable and absolutely not the end.”

“When you’re sensitive about how you reveal this character there’s a sense of mystery in it, so then when we finally get into ‘X-Force’ that you’re going to be with this guy full blown all the time. There’s a lot to be revealed,” he said. “There’s a lot to be revealed, but there’s three more movies to reveal more.”

Speaking of “X-Force,” Brolin thinks production on director Drew Goddard’s “X-Men” spinoff will begin “next year or soon thereafter.”

“It depends on how ‘Deadpool’ does, but I don’t think that’s a make-or-break kind of deal,” he said, noting that Goddard is already meeting with “Deadpool” star Ryan Reynolds about the project.

In April, Brolin was cast in the sequel opposite Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with a Mouth, which came with a four-picture deal. The role had been hotly sought after following the surprisingly explosive success of the first “Deadpool” film in 2016.

Created by artist Rob Liefeld and writer Louise Simonson, Cable first appeared in a tease at the end of “The New Mutants” issue #86 in February of 1990. The scarred, ravaged character has a bionic left arm, a cybernetic eye, and embedded technology that allows him to hack into computer systems.

“Deadpool 2” hits theaters on June 1, 2018 and will be directed by David Leitch.

1 year ago '15        #5
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said
dope pic

1 year ago '06        #6
space
space
 PharaohKush said

[pic - click to view]

“I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place,” actor says

We’re still seven months away from “Deadpool 2” hitting theaters, but Josh Brolin, who plays the villain Cable in the sequel, reveals that he got “beat to s—” while filming the eagerly awaited sequel.

“There’s ton of action in it. The tease is, a guy who’s 49 years old on the cusp of 50 who got in the best shape of his life, especially exteriorly, and I was extremely disciplined throughout that whole thing,” Brolin told Collider.

“I got beat to s— on that movie,” he said. “That’s all I know. I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place. I’ve got a shoulder issue, I’ve got a knee issue that I’ve got to deal with now, but we got through it. We got through it. I pushed hard and I suffered because of it.”

The actor, who currently stars in “Only the Brave,” added that “Deadpool 2” will signify the “beginning of Cable and absolutely not the end.”

“When you’re sensitive about how you reveal this character there’s a sense of mystery in it, so then when we finally get into ‘X-Force’ that you’re going to be with this guy full blown all the time. There’s a lot to be revealed,” he said. “There’s a lot to be revealed, but there’s three more movies to reveal more.”

Speaking of “X-Force,” Brolin thinks production on director Drew Goddard’s “X-Men” spinoff will begin “next year or soon thereafter.”

“It depends on how ‘Deadpool’ does, but I don’t think that’s a make-or-break kind of deal,” he said, noting that Goddard is already meeting with “Deadpool” star Ryan Reynolds about the project.

In April, Brolin was cast in the sequel opposite Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with a Mouth, which came with a four-picture deal. The role had been hotly sought after following the surprisingly explosive success of the first “Deadpool” film in 2016.

Created by artist Rob Liefeld and writer Louise Simonson, Cable first appeared in a tease at the end of “The New Mutants” issue #86 in February of 1990. The scarred, ravaged character has a bionic left arm, a cybernetic eye, and embedded technology that allows him to hack into computer systems.

“Deadpool 2” hits theaters on June 1, 2018 and will be directed by David Leitch.

Appreciate the article bro.

1 year ago '15        #7
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said
Appreciate the article bro.
anytime fam

1 year ago '05        #8
DaOmega_1 294 heat pts294
space
space
$15,089 | Props total: 8033 8033
If the action is anything like "John Wick" or the action sequences in "Atomic Blonde", I think we'll be in for something special.

1 year ago '06        #9
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said
If the action is anything like "John Wick" or the action sequences in "Atomic Blonde", I think we'll be in for something special.
I wasn’t thinking about watching atomic blonde but after you said there’s some good f*ght sequences then I’ll add it to the list.

1 year ago '06        #10
space
space
 PharaohKush said
anytime fam
What rating would you give part 1?

1 year ago '15        #11
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said
What rating would you give part 1?
first time i watched it 9.5/10 second time around 8.5

it should have incorporated the original sin storyline and made the movie much darker and even more fu*ked up

1 year ago '16        #12
Cedwards198451 
space
space
$3,770 | Props total: 5278 5278
can't wait for this and i think Brolin will be a sick Cable, but wish dude was just more jacked lol

1 year ago '05        #13
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said
I wasn’t thinking about watching atomic blonde but after you said there’s some good f*ght sequences then I’ll add it to the list.
Let me be clear... The movie, narratively, is a mess. It feels like the editing places the film on a fast-paced track when it just feels like it needs to be slower. So, as a result, the storytelling gets muddled due to the pacing.

It's alot less like a Jason Bourne type of thing, and more like a John Le Carre novel like "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", except with a lot more action. But, the action scenes are SO GOOD, that it makes the movie worth the watch (there's one single-shot sequence in the third act that makes the entire movie worth the price of admission).

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 10-25-2017 at 05:52 PM..

1 year ago '15        #14
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 Cedwards198451 said
can't wait for this and i think Brolin will be a sick Cable, but wish dude was just more jacked lol
kevin nash would have been the perfect casting not sure if he cuts it in acting tho

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '06        #15
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said
Let me be clear... The movie, narratively, is a mess. It feels like the editing places the film on a fast-paced track when it just feels like it needs to be slower. So, as a result, the storytelling gets muddled due to the pacing.

It's alot less like a Jason Bourne type of thing, and more like a John Le Carre novel like "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", except with a lot more action. But, the actions are SO GOOD, that it makes the movie worth the watch (there's one single-shot sequence in the third act that makes the entire movie worth the price of admission).
Alright cool now that third act sequence on my mind, I’ll check out this next week hopefully once i get some work finish. Appreciate it bro.

1 year ago '06        #16
space
space
 PharaohKush said
kevin nash would have been the perfect casting not sure if he cuts it in acting tho

[pic - click to view]

Nash would of tore his quad for the 6th time if he was casted

@
@
@

1 year ago '15        #17
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said

@
@
@

1 year ago '05        #18
space
space
 Jhnnyblz427 said

@
@
@
He would've tore his quad reading the script.

1 year ago '06        #19
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said

1 year ago '12        #20
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$10,660 | Props total: 5489 5489
 DaOmega_1 said
How do we know he didn’t?

1 year ago '05        #21
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
How do we know he didn’t?
*opens first page*

*tears both quads*

[video - click to view]

1 year ago '06        #22
Michael 785 heat pts785
space
space
$88,883 | Props total: 23328 23328
 DaOmega_1 said
*opens first page*

*tears both quads*

1 year ago '06        #23
space
space
 Michael 1987 said

1 year ago '06        #24
Special Edd 173 heat pts173
space
space
$28,165 | Props total: 12944 12944
All that and the gun is a 9mm. 50cal mozel shotgun wood stock

1 year ago '15        #25
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said
*opens first page*

*tears both quads*

this sh*t got me dying

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  20
BOX Broner's Sexuality Officially In Question by the Rainbow Community
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  14
Google Stadia
139 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-126online now  8
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
123 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Is There Any Other Rapper Who Can Compete With Nas 3 Album Run?
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy