Best Worst Phone Of All Time: Pixel 2 Has Clicking & Hissing Noises Due To Design Defect

most viewed right now
+19  139
43 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '07        #1
1441 page views
19 comments

Jago 1133 heat pts1133
space
space
space
$4,072 | Props total: 8145 8145
Best Worst Phone Of All Time: Pixel 2 Has Clicking & Hissing Noises Due To Design Defect

Have some hissing with your burn-in.

The Pixel 2 XL has been under fire ever since its release for its display, and while we wait for Google to announce what it'll be doing following this controversy, the smaller Pixel 2 is now experiencing issues of its own. Rather than having screen burn-in after just days of use, some units of the Pixel 2 are exhibiting clicking and high-pitched hissing sounds as reported in visit this link Google's Pixel User Community.

One particular thread shows that over a hundred different users are afflicted with this problem, and while the Pixel 2 seems to be the main device that's affected, visit this link Android Police's Artem Russakovskii has the same problem on his Pixel 2 XL.

Some users report that the hissing/clicking only occurs when the display is turned on, with another stating that there's constant beeps and clicks when on a phone call. The noise doesn't appear to be noticeable unless the Pixel 2 is right next to your ear, but even so, it's something that Google needs to fix.

Google is encouraging people to begin an RMA for their device if they're affected by hiss-gate, but in the meantime, turning off NFC appears to stop the clicking sound. Unfortunately, there's currently no way to temporarily stop the hissing.

One representative from Google said that a fix would be released in the "upcoming week", but until we get an official statement from Google itself, we wouldn't advise holding your breath for that – especially since it's still unclear as to whether this is a software or hardware issue.
visit this link Some buyers experiencing clicking and hissing sounds on their Pixel 2 | Android Central

Design Flaw

vladashram said
Oooh, oooh. I know what's causing it! Once I found that turning off NFC fixes it, I recognized it. Anyone can test and experience this issue on any phone, you just need unshielded wire headphones. Simply plug the headphones into the device and run the wire along the back across the NFC sensor. The NFC should produce the pops and clicks that are being heard.

The reason this is happening is due to the internal speaker being unshielded from the NFC. For the Pixel 2 having a widespread issue it is not a fixable problem but a design flaw. But as for Artem's Pixel 2 XL, it's simply a defective device. #artemsluck
visit this link 
Comments - Disqus

19 comments for "Best Worst Phone Of All Time: Pixel 2 Has Clicking & Hissing Noises Due To Design Defect"

2 years ago '07        #2
21 1737 heat pts1737
space
space
$65,692 | Props total: 78573 78573

2 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,994 | Props total: 20145 20145
Queue the excuses

2 years ago '09        #4
mtva24 229 heat pts229
space
space
$9,196 | Props total: 2007 2007
Setting mine up right now... So far so good. Ask away. I can even post xl xl2 comparisons if needed

2 years ago '05        #5
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,994 | Props total: 20145 20145
People avoiding this thread because fanboys? Or because no one buys Pixels?

2 years ago '05        #6
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
$7,877 | Props total: 33403 33403
Pixe

Top 10 most propped recently  2 years ago '04        #7
DJ Maximum|M 64 heat pts64
space
space
$46,751 | Props total: 25611 25611
Seems like every phone is having problems looks like they're rushing phones out

2 years ago '05        #8
old head 182 heat pts182
space
space
$19,936 | Props total: 21053 21053
 Y.G. said
Queue the excuses

He literally posted an excuse right after you posted this

mtva24 said
Setting mine up right now... So far so good. Ask away. I can even post xl xl2 comparisons if needed

2 years ago '10        #9
pacman45 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,421 | Props total: 9143 9143
Let this sh*t happen with any iphone, thread would be filled lol

2 years ago '09        #10
mtva24 229 heat pts229
space
space
$9,196 | Props total: 2007 2007
 86'd said

He literally posted an excuse right after you posted this

No hissing or screen burn in here yet. Just blue tint and realistic colors, which I'm already over (non-factors). I'll let you folks know if I come across anything annoying with the phone, but so far, so good.

I know y'all anticipating like

2 years ago '04        #11
bibbyboi 28 heat pts28
space
space
$11,881 | Props total: 3404 3404
 Y.G. said
People avoiding this thread because fanboys? Or because no one buys Pixels?
Just got my 2 XL. No issues yet. But if I do have any I'm returning it with a quickness.

2 years ago '16        #12
00010111 124 heat pts124
space
space
$4,555 | Props total: 16912 16912
 pacman45 said
Let this sh*t happen with any iphone, thread would be filled lol
As someone said above, this thread is not going to be as popular because far more people buy iPhones.

I don't get the fan boy sh*t.

fu*k Apple.

fu*k Google.

2 years ago '09        #13
Johnell 
space
space
$658 | Props total: 629 629
I've had the Pixel 2 for almost a week. I have the blue tint. That is due to polarization for people that wear shades. The Pixel 2 has a Samsung display so hopefully I don't end up with same issues the LG display of the Pixel 2 XL. The performance of the phone is insane. It has the fastest fingerprint scanner I've used. The camera is amazing. I've gotten anywhere from 5.5 to almost 7 hours of SOT on this 2770 mAh battery. So far it's better than my Pixel by a long shot. The haptic feedback while texting is very close to the iPhone.

The front facing speakers are good they get pretty loud and decent base levels. What was surprising to me is the sound quality of my headphones using the dongle. I just knew it would be sh*t but I was wrong. I do wish it had 6gb of ram. The feel of the phone is nice as well. Due to the plastic coating its very light it doesn't feel like a premium phone. Maybe that's because of the metal of the OG Pixel and the glass from my S8. Fingerprints don't show up as much so I don't have to constantly wipe it down. So far I'm loving this phone. If it goes down hill I'll definitely say it. My Pixel ran like a champ for a year and got better over time. I don't expect anything less from from the Pixel 2.

2 years ago '05        #14
slim_d20 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,986 | Props total: 7625 7625
 Johnell said
I've had the Pixel 2 for almost a week. I have the blue tint. That is due to polarization for people that wear shades. The Pixel 2 has a Samsung display so hopefully I don't end up with same issues the LG display of the Pixel 2 XL. The performance of the phone is insane. It has the fastest fingerprint scanner I've used. The camera is amazing. I've gotten anywhere from 5.5 to almost 7 hours of SOT on this 2770 mAh battery. So far it's better than my Pixel by a long shot. The haptic feedback while texting is very close to the iPhone.

The front facing speakers are good they get pretty loud and decent base levels. What was surprising to me is the sound quality of my headphones using the dongle. I just knew it would be sh*t but I was wrong. I do wish it had 6gb of ram. The feel of the phone is nice as well. Due to the plastic coating its very light it doesn't feel like a premium phone. Maybe that's because of the metal of the OG Pixel and the glass from my S8. Fingerprints don't show up as much so I don't have to constantly wipe it down. So far I'm loving this phone. If it goes down hill I'll definitely say it. My Pixel ran like a champ for a year and got better over time. I don't expect anything less from from the Pixel 2.
... dongle ... ugh. But thanks for the review, Im looking to move on from my Nexus 6P but right now I don't like a any of the phones out at their current price levels. v30 interests me but im not spending 800 for any phone.

2 years ago '09        #15
Johnell 
space
space
$658 | Props total: 629 629
 slim_d20 said
... dongle ... ugh. But thanks for the review, Im looking to move on from my Nexus 6P but right now I don't like a any of the phones out at their current price levels. v30 interests me but im not spending 800 for any phone.
Yeah man that was the only thing that worried me. I have some wireless Beats but I can use them at work. I also have some Beats ear buds that are wired so when I hooked the dongle up I was shocked by the sound quality. I looked on Amazon for some USB-C headphones but I didn't see anything I wanted to spend my money on.

2 years ago '10        #16
pacman45 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,421 | Props total: 9143 9143
 00010111 said
As someone said above, this thread is not going to be as popular because far more people buy iPhones.

I don't get the fan boy sh*t.

fu*k Apple.

fu*k Google.
I fully agree.

2 years ago '11        #17
CALViiiN 755 heat pts755
space
space
$20,527 | Props total: 44978 44978
@

at least the camera is GREAT.

hopefully you got a screen to at least look at the pictures.

2 years ago '14        #18
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,377 | Props total: 3362 3362
Should have stuck with the Nexus line

2 years ago '05        #19
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$41,681 | Props total: 13730 13730
got the pixel xl...no problems here

2 years ago '04        #20
atruedsgb 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,819 | Props total: 1994 1994
 CALViiiN said
@

at least the camera is GREAT.

hopefully you got a screen to at least look at the pictures.

Sir, my phone doesn't have any of these problems. It's been flawless, still no lag, lightning fast UI, excellent speakers, good battery life (not great)...and, yes, both cameras are still taking a giant dump all over whichever phone you're rocking. Enjoy yours in good health...

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  45
Image(s) inside According to retirement experts, by age 35, you should have twice your..
149 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  45
May 20 - Iran Clapsback On Twitter: We Survived Alexander The Great, Genghis K..
50 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-28online now  22
Image(s) inside Jessica Alba: "I don't want voluptuous booty cause i'm gonna get preye..
146 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  20
NBA Damn you Rob Pelinka 🤦🏾
83 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy