Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews

most viewed right now
+36  84
53 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '13        #1
2182 page views
36 comments

misterethoughts 369 heat pts369
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 6346 6346
Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews

Tesla recently fired scores of employees after annual performance reviews.

A former Tesla employee told Reuters "about 400 people" in a range of positions were shown the door. As Business Insider's Bryan Logan reported, Tesla declined to confirm how many people were fired. The dismissals happened just after Tesla CEO Elon Musk said there were "production bottlenecks" on the Model 3 car, Logan reported.

If your reaction on hearing this news is to freak out and to wonder whether your own job is at stake, don't. Business Insider spoke to experts who said the firings at Tesla are hardly indicative of a trend in the workplace.

As national workplace expert and bestselling author Lynn Taylor put it, the possibility of being fired when you work for a company like Tesla "kind of goes with the territory."

Taylor explained that because Tesla is a uniquely innovative and disruptive company, "there are going to be probably more shifts in employment levels" than at, say, a century-old company.

"The opportunities are so great there," Taylor said of Tesla. "You can choose another industry that makes lightbulbs for the automotive industry for the last 50 years, with slight tweaks, or you can be in an industry that reinvents itself every year."

Taylor also caveated that we don't yet know whether the firings were preceded by a paper trail that revealed evidence of poor performance. In other words: We shouldn't necessarily a.ssume that the employees who were let go were completely surprised.

Michael Kerr, an international business speaker and author of "The Humor Advantage," pointed out that many companies including some Fortune 500 companies are ditching traditional performance reviews entirely. As Business Insider has previously reported, IBM is moving toward more regular feedback and "coaching," as opposed to managing, employees.

Tesla's firings en masse after poor performance reviews are "not even close to a trend or starting a trend," Kerr said. "I don't think anybody should be worried unless you work for Tesla."

That said, Kerr added:

"If it does make employees nervous or concerned, then I think the obvious thing to do is to make sure you sit down with your boss right away and just have an honest, candid conversation.

"Say, 'Look, I saw this story. It's a little disconcerting. Do you think that anything like that could happen in our company? Do I have anything to be worried about? What can I do to make sure I continue to be a valued a.sset in this organization?'"

visit this link https://finance.yahoo.com .. 133439852.html

36 comments for "Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews"

1 year ago '14        #2
strungout 391 heat pts391
space
space
$32,374 | Props total: 75890 75890
Stopped fu*king with elon musk after i found out he supported sterilization and other birth/ population control tactics in third world countries .

1 year ago '07        #3
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 4468 4468
 strungout said
Stopped fu*king with elon musk after i found out he supported sterilization and other birth/ population control tactics in third world countries .
Good point, but what is the alternative? Starving children? Disease riddled children? What's the point of bringing in a child u can't care for?
Birth control is def an option, but would the sterilization be forced upon their populace or do they have a choice? If so, then why stop fu*kin with him?

Just interested, never heard that til u mentioned it.

1 year ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,981 | Props total: 36255 36255
They need to fire Tesla designers for the POS cars they make. I test drove a P85D when it was new and the build quality was abysmal. Large uneven panel gaps, atge use of switch gear from a Dodge Dart, and rattles. The reason why the cars are really delayed is because the make stupid engineering design design decisions like the stupid and faulty falcon doors and floating seats that don't fold and move unnecessarily in the Model X.

1 year ago '14        #5
strungout 391 heat pts391
space
space
$32,374 | Props total: 75890 75890
 Ifu*kedUrMom said
Good point, but what is the alternative? Starving children? Disease riddled children? What's the point of bringing in a child u can't care for?
Birth control is def an option, but would the sterilization be forced upon their populace or do they have a choice? If so, then why stop fu*kin with him?

Yeah you right just think its absurd that he is advocating these sort of extremes that basically dehumanize you

And nobody is being forced (that i know of) but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

Its like the opposite of what they doing in denmark and sweden where ur paid and encouraged to have kids

1 year ago '07        #6
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 4468 4468
 strungout said
Yeah you right just think its absurd that he is advocating these sort of extremes that basically dehumanize you

And nobody is being forced but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

Its like the opposite of what they doing in denmark and sweden where ur paid and encouraged to have kids
Jesus.. that's terrible if they dying months after the procedure.
Thanks for the info!

1 year ago '13        #7
Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26772 26772
This just in: Business makes business decision.

1 year ago '11        #8
DJ Linx 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 2620 2620
Sounds about right

1 year ago '04        #9
Kliq 225 heat pts225
space
space
$9,069 | Props total: 31238 31238
 strungout said

And nobody is being forced (that i know of) but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

where's the proof, receipts, paper trail, interviews, articles, sources to these claims - because you're claiming a lot and I don't think your're providing the full story.

1 year ago '05        #10
pnoi89 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,446 | Props total: 7290 7290
Good. People either incapable of the job and/or lazy SHOULD be let go. I can't stand workers who produce terribly, but somehow still have a job.

1 year ago '04        #11
DJ Maximum|M 54 heat pts54
space
space
$45,284 | Props total: 18715 18715
 pnoi89 said
Good. People either incapable of the job and/or lazy SHOULD be let go. I can't stand workers who produce terribly, but somehow still have a job.
I think Elon promised too much

I hate when people lose jobs it effects so much the kids, the lifestyle, relationships ect.

You can be apart of a team working your a.ss off and get let go. Trying to find a rewarding career that pays as it should is hard enough.

More CEO's should be fired more than anything.

fu*king Yahoo CEO the woman did a horrible job and got a bigger severance package than her 10 yr salary

1 year ago '13        #12
pizzolini 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$636 | Props total: 1607 1607
Nobody can complain about delays on a electric car. It’s fuking electric.

1 year ago '13        #13
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,331 | Props total: 8702 8702
I'm willing to bet it was in an attempt to stop unionization.

1 year ago '04        #14
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,569 | Props total: 5297 5297
 strungout said

Denmark aborts 98% of all down syndrome fetuses, too. Eugenics is a super touchy subject.

1 year ago '04        #15
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,569 | Props total: 5297 5297
 Phenom354 said
I'm willing to bet it was in an attempt to stop unionization.
Tesla is already a heavily subsidized company. Tax payers are funding projects, whether they like it or not, to push theoretical models for an electric car future. If you add unionization on top of that, you have drastic increases in costs, which make this technology that much harder to spread, and you ultimately pass on those costs to both taxpayers and consumers.

Besides that, the article said it was based on performance reviews which showed production bottlenecks, not activism. If Tesla is going to be taking taxpayer handouts, I'd at least like to see them try to run an efficient, lean operation that doesn't tolerate losers, slackers and/or the incompetent.

1 year ago '10        #16
NorCalNocturne 1 heat pts
space
space
$696 | Props total: 307 307
 strungout said

The truth about "dehumanizing" is that it's just a feeling. Without humans, there is no right or wrong, but with humans, it's "what we feel" is right or wrong. The term "survival of the fittest" will stay relevant. Funny how people think they're so special just because they have a higher level of conciousness when in reality (as George Carlin put it) one day the earth will shake us off like a bad case of flees. Not saying I'm a super cold person although I do believe only the strong should survive. But if you're in a place of great power, and you're not using that power to help mankinds wellbeing, you're a POS. Look around, look at capitalism and our way of life, POS's own the world and don't care, too many people choose making money overall, even if it screws up someone else's life. Wish things were better though for us all. Not sure if you heard of Peter Joseph but the man does make some good points.

1 year ago '11        #17
awww 132 heat pts132
space
space
$7,217 | Props total: 28028 28028
Why is this surprising if its a factory most jobs will be automated soon which human sure then switch our brains into something more productive like the fu*king antibiotic beginning to be absolute and stop fu*king working or like we still depending on fossil fuel ahh heres another us being stuck on one fu*king planet where there are billions and trillions of them. Instead of worrying about when the fu*king world going to end we need to be worried about how to expand it and making our lives better but we are too busy worried about robots taking over. That's just like god worrying about us destroying him if a god exist...........RANT OVER

1 year ago '15        #18
Mexicanelvis 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 2583 2583
They brought in the Bobs

1 year ago '11        #19
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,060 | Props total: 8369 8369
I believe Elon wants to make the best battery tech in the world . The cars are to get the Real car companies to step up

1 year ago '16        #20
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 3074 3074
 strungout said
Soooo, you are ok with 3rd world nations bringing in children that are going to starve?

1 year ago '04        #21
deziking 113 heat pts113
space
space
$21,942 | Props total: 10398 10398
I wonder why he hasn't tackled clean water subject yet.

1 year ago '15        #22
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,905 | Props total: 18286 18286
 Ifu*kedUrMom said

When it comes to poverty and kids people get all touchy feely when you start asking the tough questions. I feel kind of comfy financially. How tf can a man be raw doggin like its going out of style on two dollars a day? That is negligence

1 year ago '15        #23
iTrianglelevel3 
space
space
space
$1,166 | Props total: 1257 1257
 Naga Sadow said
They need to fire Tesla designers for the POS cars they make. I test drove a P85D when it was new and the build quality was abysmal. Large uneven panel gaps, atge use of switch gear from a Dodge Dart, and rattles. The reason why the cars are really delayed is because the make stupid engineering design design decisions like the stupid and faulty falcon doors and floating seats that don't fold and move unnecessarily in the Model X.
its amazing the Model x is moving any units. that thing looks like a modern day Pontiac Aztec.

[pic - click to view]

1 year ago '15        #24
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19273 19273
 Brucebaner2 said
Soooo, you are ok with 3rd world nations bringing in children that are going to starve?
The real question is how these countries became third world nations for people to even impose the practice of eugenics. To what end is this happening because...

And since there is a South African connection to Elon Musk...

[pic - click to view]

I mean, it wouldn't be too far fetched...

1 year ago '13        #25
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,331 | Props total: 8702 8702
 Decan45 said
Tesla is already a heavily subsidized company. Tax payers are funding projects, whether they like it or not, to push theoretical models for an electric car future. If you add unionization on top of that, you have drastic increases in costs, which make this technology that much harder to spread, and you ultimately pass on those costs to both taxpayers and consumers.

Besides that, the article said it was based on performance reviews which showed production bottlenecks, not activism. If Tesla is going to be taking taxpayer handouts, I'd at least like to see them try to run an efficient, lean operation that doesn't tolerate losers, slackers and/or the incompetent.
You can put a label to the firing however you want. There is stuff coming out about the firings being unjust and the performance related accusations being false.

Ex employees are claiming their performance reviews were fine and even possibly altered to reflect poor performance. There's even stuff about how they had union t-shirt friday.

Let's not act like their isn't a possibility of union related cuts happening.

What makes more sense? Tesla firing 700+ employees when they need them the most to meet model 3 ramp up off "performance"? Or that it was a last ditch attempt to stop unionization.

Tesla already underpays their a.ssembly workers $20/hr compared to the uaw nation average of $25.

Home      

most viewed right now
+30online now  41
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+75online now  37
Image(s) inside This thot too tough!
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  18
Goat movies that never got sequels, prequels or remakes?
102 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+50online now  17
Video inside Dec 14 - CEO donates $20M of his own money to employees. Some get nearl..
34 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  12
Image(s) inside Bx detectives need help. Who is she???
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  12
NBA 2019 Free Agency is crazy. The list.
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+25online now  11
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
94 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+64online now  10
Video inside Kodak Black and Breakfast club owned hot 97
125 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy