Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside FUC-A-FAN Raffle
115 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashanti Trying To Break The Internet, She's 37!
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
183 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside TEKASHI69 saves Magnolia producer Pierre from an ass whooping or worse
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 1 month ago '13        #1
1750 pageviews
36 comments

misterethoughts 240 heat pts240
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 4178 4178
Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews

Tesla recently fired scores of employees after annual performance reviews.

A former Tesla employee told Reuters "about 400 people" in a range of positions were shown the door. As Business Insider's Bryan Logan reported, Tesla declined to confirm how many people were fired. The dismissals happened just after Tesla CEO Elon Musk said there were "production bottlenecks" on the Model 3 car, Logan reported.

If your reaction on hearing this news is to freak out and to wonder whether your own job is at stake, don't. Business Insider spoke to experts who said the firings at Tesla are hardly indicative of a trend in the workplace.

As national workplace expert and bestselling author Lynn Taylor put it, the possibility of being fired when you work for a company like Tesla "kind of goes with the territory."

Taylor explained that because Tesla is a uniquely innovative and disruptive company, "there are going to be probably more shifts in employment levels" than at, say, a century-old company.

"The opportunities are so great there," Taylor said of Tesla. "You can choose another industry that makes lightbulbs for the automotive industry for the last 50 years, with slight tweaks, or you can be in an industry that reinvents itself every year."

Taylor also caveated that we don't yet know whether the firings were preceded by a paper trail that revealed evidence of poor performance. In other words: We shouldn't necessarily a.ssume that the employees who were let go were completely surprised.

Michael Kerr, an international business speaker and author of "The Humor Advantage," pointed out that many companies including some Fortune 500 companies are ditching traditional performance reviews entirely. As Business Insider has previously reported, IBM is moving toward more regular feedback and "coaching," as opposed to managing, employees.

Tesla's firings en masse after poor performance reviews are "not even close to a trend or starting a trend," Kerr said. "I don't think anybody should be worried unless you work for Tesla."

That said, Kerr added:

"If it does make employees nervous or concerned, then I think the obvious thing to do is to make sure you sit down with your boss right away and just have an honest, candid conversation.

"Say, 'Look, I saw this story. It's a little disconcerting. Do you think that anything like that could happen in our company? Do I have anything to be worried about? What can I do to make sure I continue to be a valued a.sset in this organization?'"

visit this link https://finance.yahoo.com .. 133439852.html
Sin and 3 others gave props

36 comments for "Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews"

1 month ago '14        #2
strungout 361 heat pts361
space
space
$21,612 | Props total: 37773 37773
Stopped fu*king with elon musk after i found out he supported sterilization and other birth/ population control tactics in third world countries .
Coasting always and 5 others gave props

firestickfelix and 3 others slapped this ish

1 month ago '07        #3
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 3375 3375
 strungout said:
Stopped fu*king with elon musk after i found out he supported sterilization and other birth/ population control tactics in third world countries .
Good point, but what is the alternative? Starving children? Disease riddled children? What's the point of bringing in a child u can't care for?
Birth control is def an option, but would the sterilization be forced upon their populace or do they have a choice? If so, then why stop fu*kin with him?

Just interested, never heard that til u mentioned it.
strungout and 18 others gave props

Coasting always and 2 others slapped this ish

1 month ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 4473 4473
They need to fire Tesla designers for the POS cars they make. I test drove a P85D when it was new and the build quality was abysmal. Large uneven panel gaps, atge use of switch gear from a Dodge Dart, and rattles. The reason why the cars are really delayed is because the make stupid engineering design design decisions like the stupid and faulty falcon doors and floating seats that don't fold and move unnecessarily in the Model X.
BasedGawd and 2 others gave props

HughyBaby and 3 others slapped this ish

1 month ago '14        #5
strungout 361 heat pts361
space
space
$21,612 | Props total: 37773 37773
 Ifu*kedUrMom said:
Good point, but what is the alternative? Starving children? Disease riddled children? What's the point of bringing in a child u can't care for?
Birth control is def an option, but would the sterilization be forced upon their populace or do they have a choice? If so, then why stop fu*kin with him?

Just interested, never heard that til u mentioned it.
Yeah you right just think its absurd that he is advocating these sort of extremes that basically dehumanize you

And nobody is being forced (that i know of) but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

Its like the opposite of what they doing in denmark and sweden where ur paid and encouraged to have kids
IFuckedUrMom and 4 others gave props

buck1623 slapped this ish

1 month ago '07        #6
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 3375 3375
 strungout said:
Yeah you right just think its absurd that he is advocating these sort of extremes that basically dehumanize you

And nobody is being forced but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

Its like the opposite of what they doing in denmark and sweden where ur paid and encouraged to have kids
Jesus.. that's terrible if they dying months after the procedure.
Thanks for the info!
strungout and 2 others gave props

1 month ago '13        #7
Erma Gerd 272 heat pts272
space
space
$16,203 | Props total: 17416 17416
This just in: Business makes business decision.
DJ Linx and 11 others gave props

1 month ago '11        #8
DJ Linx 4 heat pts
space
space
$868 | Props total: 980 980
Sounds about right
 1 month ago '04        #9
Kliq 105 heat pts105
space
space
$4,871 | Props total: 11154 11154
 strungout said:

And nobody is being forced (that i know of) but they make it very atrractive to poor people by offering money in exchange for going thru with it but the types of conditions these procedures take place in are embarrasing and i heard of females dying months after leavin the clinic

where's the proof, receipts, paper trail, interviews, articles, sources to these claims - because you're claiming a lot and I don't think your're providing the full story.
Hex and 1 others gave props

1 month ago '05        #10
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,236 | Props total: 4611 4611
Good. People either incapable of the job and/or lazy SHOULD be let go. I can't stand workers who produce terribly, but somehow still have a job.
 1 month ago '04        #11
DJ Maximum|M 45 heat pts45
space
space
$43,143 | Props total: 10631 10631
 pnoi89 said:
Good. People either incapable of the job and/or lazy SHOULD be let go. I can't stand workers who produce terribly, but somehow still have a job.
I think Elon promised too much

I hate when people lose jobs it effects so much the kids, the lifestyle, relationships ect.

You can be apart of a team working your a.ss off and get let go. Trying to find a rewarding career that pays as it should is hard enough.

More CEO's should be fired more than anything.

fu*king Yahoo CEO the woman did a horrible job and got a bigger severance package than her 10 yr salary
BxDon and 5 others gave props

1 month ago '13        #12
pizzolini 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$556 | Props total: 1227 1227
Nobody can complain about delays on a electric car. It’s fuking electric.
 1 month ago '13        #13
Phenom354 
space
space
$9,295 | Props total: 5662 5662
I'm willing to bet it was in an attempt to stop unionization.
Esco504 gave props

1 month ago '04        #14
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,779 | Props total: 3847 3847
 strungout said:

Denmark aborts 98% of all down syndrome fetuses, too. Eugenics is a super touchy subject.
strungout and 1 others gave props

1 month ago '04        #15
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,779 | Props total: 3847 3847
 Phenom354 said:
I'm willing to bet it was in an attempt to stop unionization.
Tesla is already a heavily subsidized company. Tax payers are funding projects, whether they like it or not, to push theoretical models for an electric car future. If you add unionization on top of that, you have drastic increases in costs, which make this technology that much harder to spread, and you ultimately pass on those costs to both taxpayers and consumers.

Besides that, the article said it was based on performance reviews which showed production bottlenecks, not activism. If Tesla is going to be taking taxpayer handouts, I'd at least like to see them try to run an efficient, lean operation that doesn't tolerate losers, slackers and/or the incompetent.
buck1623 and 2 others gave props

1 month ago '10        #16
NorCalNocturne 1 heat pts
space
space
$655 | Props total: 165 165
 strungout said:

The truth about "dehumanizing" is that it's just a feeling. Without humans, there is no right or wrong, but with humans, it's "what we feel" is right or wrong. The term "survival of the fittest" will stay relevant. Funny how people think they're so special just because they have a higher level of conciousness when in reality (as George Carlin put it) one day the earth will shake us off like a bad case of flees. Not saying I'm a super cold person although I do believe only the strong should survive. But if you're in a place of great power, and you're not using that power to help mankinds wellbeing, you're a POS. Look around, look at capitalism and our way of life, POS's own the world and don't care, too many people choose making money overall, even if it screws up someone else's life. Wish things were better though for us all. Not sure if you heard of Peter Joseph but the man does make some good points.
Esco504 gave props

1 month ago '11        #17
awww 110 heat pts110
space
space
$5,432 | Props total: 17406 17406
Why is this surprising if its a factory most jobs will be automated soon which human sure then switch our brains into something more productive like the fu*king antibiotic beginning to be absolute and stop fu*king working or like we still depending on fossil fuel ahh heres another us being stuck on one fu*king planet where there are billions and trillions of them. Instead of worrying about when the fu*king world going to end we need to be worried about how to expand it and making our lives better but we are too busy worried about robots taking over. That's just like god worrying about us destroying him if a god exist...........RANT OVER
Esco504 gave props

1 month ago '15        #18
Mexicanelvis 4 heat pts
space
space
$958 | Props total: 1560 1560
They brought in the Bobs
 1 month ago '11        #19
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,666 | Props total: 4730 4730
I believe Elon wants to make the best battery tech in the world . The cars are to get the Real car companies to step up
 1 month ago '16        #20
Brucebaner2 
space
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 1662 1662
 strungout said:
Soooo, you are ok with 3rd world nations bringing in children that are going to starve?
buck1623 gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Thottie section gone galactic
52 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Mitchell & Ness Private Sale - 40% Off
7 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Judge Mathis Completely Destroys Wendy Williams "8 abortions and she ha..
61 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I got a hair tattoo and i regret it!
117 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside CyHi dropped the AOTY but yall wanna talk about 3 Stacks homosexual of..
112 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lauren London's Dm's Bout To Be Flooded
190 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Michael Rapaport says Nas Isn't the Worst Beat Picker, Eminem Is
121 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 22 - BIG BALLER BRAND: LaVar Ball increases stock by $13.2mil by b..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy