IPhone 7 is outselling iPhone 8: analyst

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '04        #1
2614 page views
43 comments

Javon23 333 heat pts333
space
space
$51,891 | Props total: 23169 23169
IPhone 7 is outselling iPhone 8: analyst

(Reuters) - Apple Inc’s older iPhone 7 models are outselling the recently launched iPhone 8 ahead of the early November debut of the premium iPhone X, broker KeyBanc Capital Markets said, citing carrier store surveys.

Traditionally, new editions of the iPhone have sold quickly as fans queue for the latest upgrade and the surveys would add to signs that the iPhone 8 is not proving as popular as its predecessors.

“Many respondents indicated that a meaningful portion of customers are buying iPhone 7 in lieu of the new iPhone 8, given the lack of significant enhancements in the new phone,” KeyBanc analyst John Vinh wrote in a client note.

Apple last month introduced the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which resemble the iPhone 7 line but have a glass back for wireless charging. [nL2N1LT21G]

While iPhone 8 starts from $699 in the United States, iPhone 7 is retailing from $549 after a price cut.

“Feedback from stores indicate customers are waiting to purchase the iPhone X or to compare the iPhone X before buying the iPhone 8,” wrote Vinh, who is rated four out of five stars by Thomson Reuters StarMine for his recommendation accuracy on the Apple stock.

Apple’s much-anticipated iPhone X, a glass and stainless steel device with an edge-to-edge display, will start shipping from Nov. 3. The 10th-anniversary iPhone is priced from $999 - Apple’s most expensive mobile till date.

Another reason for the slow uptick of the iPhone 8 could be the modest promotion by U.S. carriers, Vinh said.

“While carriers continue to offer promotions for the new iPhone 8, they have been much more modest compared to the iPhone 7 launch last year,” he wrote.

KeyBanc did surveys in the United States and United Kingdom.

Apple was not immediately available for comment.

The company’s shares were up 0.8 percent at $158.20 in early trading.

visit this link http://www.reuters.com/ar .. -idUSKBN1CL1Z1

43 comments for "IPhone 7 is outselling iPhone 8: analyst"

2 years ago '05        #2
ceo-of-hucworld 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,277 | Props total: 16265 16265
No surprise here. Apple users(like myself) are tired of spending money on a shiny "new upgrade" to the exact same phone. Minus the glass back and "faster" processor you have a 6/6Plus within the 8/8Plus. The 8/8Plus might be Apple's worst reveal yet. This will probably lead to more Apple users leaping off the Apple carousel sooner rather than later.

I personally know a lot of ppl who are holding out for the X but the X is smaller than the Plus series so that is a no go for me there. Being a Cleveland sports fan I am use to waiting until next year and I will doing that with Apple...or may be I will wait and see what Samsung unveils next year.

Keeping my 7Plus until Apple does some backdoor trickery to make it stop working or lose more battery life.

2 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,850 | Props total: 19836 19836
 ceo-of-hucworld said
No surprise here. Apple users(like myself) are tired of spending money on a shiny "new upgrade" to the exact same phone. Minus the glass back and "faster" processor you have a 6/6Plus within the 8/8Plus. The 8/8Plus might be Apple's worst reveal yet. This will probably lead to more Apple users leaping off the Apple carousel sooner rather than later.

I personally know a lot of ppl who are holding out for the X but the X is smaller than the Plus series so that is a no go for me there. Being a Cleveland sports fan I am use to waiting until next year and I will doing that with Apple...or may be I will wait and see what Samsung unveils next year.

Keeping my 7Plus until Apple does some backdoor trickery to make it stop working or lose more battery life.

2 years ago '11        #4
chizz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 4092 4092
How much is a new 7plus going for now

2 years ago '05        #5
ceo-of-hucworld 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,277 | Props total: 16265 16265
 Y.G. said

2 years ago '06        #6
Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198
space
space
$41,373 | Props total: 32066 32066
 chizz said
How much is a new 7plus going for now
thinking of copping the 7plus, have the 6s right now

2 years ago '16        #7
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,655 | Props total: 11938 11938
Should say iphone 7 is outselling iphone 7

2 years ago '17        #8
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
$11,929 | Props total: 56784 56784
This is how it should be. When a company releases some bullsh*t, people shouldn't buy it. This will force the company to improve their product for the next cycle. It's that simple.

Most of the slow sales are from people who are waiting on the 10, I'm still glad Apple fanboys are finally starting to vote with their wallet instead of being sheep. Apple fans can be like cult members sometimes.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 10 is hard to get though. Apple must not have realized that every company who uses Samsung screens has shortages and production issues when they designed the phone.

2 years ago '17        #9
Chicken Nuggets 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$526 | Props total: 829 829
Gonna buy a i7+ off swappa when the X drops

2 years ago '04        #10
dj X 34 heat pts34
space
space
$19,496 | Props total: 8623 8623
Nobody likes the notch

I have a mint 6s 64gb(ios 10) a1688 that I got off swappa last week for $325. Love it!

Last edited by dj X; 10-16-2017 at 08:24 PM..

2 years ago '10        #11
FrankAndBeans 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 8521 8521
 justin747 said
Apple must not have realized that every company who uses Samsung screens has shortages and production issues when they designed the phone.
Yeah I’m sure the most profitable tech company in the world that attracts the most talented people in the industry...who dedicate their life to making phones...missed something that you were able to catch with no credentials or insider knowledge. Just shut the f*ck up

2 years ago '05        #12
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$838 | Props total: 557 557
Went to the Apple Store to look at the 8 plus. I have a 7 plus. sh*t is literally the exact same phone. They can keep that weak sh*t especially since these new phones cost a stack now

2 years ago '10        #13
deadlift 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,415 | Props total: 11359 11359
I'm live from the iPhone 5

2 years ago '17        #14
TheeMrDavid 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,578 | Props total: 6556 6556
I’ll probably have this 6S Plus a good 4-5yrs before I upgrade

2 years ago '08        #15
Eagles All Day 99 heat pts99
space
space
$34,899 | Props total: 16263 16263
 ceo-of-hucworld said

its not smaller dummy, screen size is the same without the enormous bezels

2 years ago '05        #16
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$54,286 | Props total: 8990 8990
8+ gang here

2 years ago '17        #17
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said
Yeah I’m sure the most profitable tech company in the world that attracts the most talented people in the industry...who dedicate their life to making phones...missed something that you were able to catch with no credentials or insider knowledge. Just shut the f*ck up

Quit d*ck riding you ole lame a*s n*gga. Apple don't give a fu*k about you. Put your Apple pom poms down for 30 seconds and have a discussion without being a male cheerleader. You don't own stock so you shouldn't be bragging about how much money they make. (and if you do own stock, it's probably only like 2 shares.)

Everybody should either stick with the 7 or buy a 7 instead of either new iPhone and it's great that it's happening because it forces Apple to innovate instead of renovate. The 8 is lazy and the 10 is overpriced for what they offer. $1K is more than people in certain parts of the country pay for rent. They added a bunch of sh*t that's been around for years everywhere else, but I guess it new to you Apple d*ck riders.

If you Apple heads spent half the time you spend sucking Apple's d*ck to actually critique Apple, they might actually do something new instead of the same stale sh*t over and over.

2 years ago '07        #18
kakish 10 heat pts10
space
space
$13,893 | Props total: 2935 2935
My 6+ still works like a charm and is in mint condition. Still gonna cop the X though. I'm due

2 years ago '10        #19
FrankAndBeans 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 8521 8521
 justin747 said

Quit d*ck riding you ole lame a*s n*gga. Apple don't give a fu*k about you. Put your Apple pom poms down for 30 seconds and have a discussion without being a male cheerleader. You don't own stock so you shouldn't be bragging about how much money they make. (and if you do own stock, it's probably only like 2 shares.)

Everybody should either stick with the 7 or buy a 7 instead of either new iPhone and it's great that it's happening because it forces Apple to innovate instead of renovate. The 8 is lazy and the 10 is overpriced for what they offer. $1K is more than people in certain parts of the country pay for rent. They added a bunch of sh*t that's been around for years everywhere else, but I guess it new to you Apple d*ck riders.

If you Apple heads spent half the time you spend sucking Apple's d*ck to actually critique Apple, they might actually do something new instead of the same stale sh*t over and over.
My comment was not exclusive to Apple, I was addressing your under-estimation of professional phone manufacturers. I live in real life; phone wars are corny.

2 years ago '17        #20
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said
My comment was not exclusive to Apple, I was addressing your under-estimation of professional phone manufacturers. I live in real life; phone wars are corny.
Says the n*gga who consistently defends Apple tooth and nail all the fu*king time. You were d*ck riding Apple in a few threads.

FrankAndBeans said
Only in the phone world do people pretend "innovation" is the most important "feature". Is that really how you shop? You gonna pass on the Corvette because the GTR you didn't like had heads-up-display and magnetic shocks first? You gon cop that macbook thats incompatible with all your sh*t because it had the i7 chip before the Dell you been looking forward to buy?

People should buy iPhone just so they don't become a weird, illogical muthafukka that passionately disagrees with other people's phone choices. People who don't buy the iPhone just seem unhappy as fuk

I wish I could pay extra to get the iPhone X early; my 16gb iPhone 6 can't store sh*t. I don't mind paying $1500 for a device I enjoy using all day everyday for damn near everything.
I know you're trying to be sarcastic but deep down you drink that Apple juice.

Last edited by justin747; 10-17-2017 at 12:55 AM..

2 years ago '17        #21
Woke4eva 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$705 | Props total: 1769 1769
Upgraded from a 6s to an 8plus.

Best decision I made.

All glass, screen looks different and processor is extremely fast.

Not looking for that 10 facial Id bs they’re pushing.

This phone is good for me.

2 years ago '17        #22
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 42254 42254
I got a 7+ and saw no real reason at all to buy the 8, when they are releasing the iphone x

def tryna get my hands on that x tho

tim cook fu*kin up

2 years ago '07        #23
tre0624 122 heat pts122
space
space
$21,560 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Fortune said
I got a 7+ and saw no real reason at all to buy the 8, when they are releasing the iphone x

def tryna get my hands on that x tho

tim cook fu*kin up
so tell me why do u want the X and not the 8+? whats the difference lol? facial scan

2 years ago '17        #24
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 42254 42254
 tre0624 said
so tell me why do u want the X and not the 8+? whats the difference lol? facial scan
nope. I just like the phone. facial scan ain't really just hookin me in like that. it's cool, but that's not really a selling point for me

the 8+ is just the 7+ to me, not really nothing new about it that would make me want it like that. the x is a whole other phone. it's the true update.

but then again I'm just a tech junkie/phone head

I got a 7+ and an s8+ right now. axon 7 as a back up

prob gonna get the x and v30 in the next few months.

2 years ago '07        #25
tre0624 122 heat pts122
space
space
$21,560 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Fortune said
nope. I just like the phone. facial scan ain't really just hookin me in like that. it's cool, but that's not really a selling point for me

the 8+ is just the 7+ to me, not really nothing new about it that would make me want it like that. the x is a whole other phone. it's the true update.

but then again I'm just a tech junkie/phone head

I got a 7+ and an s8+ right now. axon 7 as a back up

prob gonna get the x and v30 in the next few months.
man that X is the same phone. doesn't it have the same specs as the 8+?

i did forget it doesn't have a button on it. they stole that from samsung but they steal from each other so its cool lol

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  42
Hushed App
38 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  35
Video inside Joe Ruins Adam
90 comments
20 hours ago